DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 12/29/2009 4:45:00 PM

My first obsession with makeup came in the form of lip plumpers. I already have full lips, but the idea of having massive lips is so attractive to me.. (I was born/raised in Orange County... and now live in West Hollywood... oops?)

This a great product... I like to consider Ms. Bartolucci as the innovator of all things plump. It's a great formula, which has some tingle. The one fault of DuWop is that they seem to be outdated and packaging is not bad, but it's nothing exciting like Urban Decay.

I probably would buy it again if it were on sale.. but prefer Too Faced's Lip Injection.

on 12/29/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

"This works, but it hurts. The snake venom stings. Get a plumper without snake venom"

I actually laughed out loud when I read this review. There is no "venom" in your lip venom ladies, just essential oils, mostly cinnamon, that "tingle", some say burn, the lips and stimulate the blood vessels so your lips appear a little fuller and rosier. That said, I don't think it's everything it's cracked up to be. It's fun once in a while, but with it's big price tag for such a small vial I don't think I will be buying this again. Save your money and start chewing BIg Red gum, it will do basically the same thing for under $1.

on 12/29/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is just awesome sauce: a clear spicy gloss that tingles and plumps (a little bit.) Doesn't give poofy lips; for me it just smoothed out fine lines. Did stop working after a while, though. so I alternate. Doesn't dry out lips with casual use. Packaging sucks: small tube with brush app that pushes loose product out when you push the product in, getting in the screw cap. Overall, more effective than the Lip Primer & a nice purchase I haven't regretted.

on 12/24/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My lips just hurt when I use this and there is no difference in size. The packaging is deceptive, because it could hold a larger gloss size. It is not worth the price to me and turned me off to the entire Du-Whop line, which no other poduct has done before. It's in my drawer, but it should be tossed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hmmm...I'm trying to figure out what this product does other than make my lips tingle. There's no obvious effect to the size or appearance of my lips. I wouldn't purchase again.

on 12/23/2009 9:17:00 PM

I just wasn't impressed with this product. It was cool and tingly but that was really about it. I didn't notice any difference in the fullness of my lips.

I used to love this stuff, thought it worked like a charm.
And it DOES work. It tingles, it plumps.
However, after trying Smashbox O-Plump Gloss, I am no longer a big fan of DupWop Lip Venom (O-Plump works much, much better).

For the price, it is good and will do the trick.

I enjoy the taste/smell.

The packaging is nice and I like the applicator and the glass tube (although I am always afraid fo it knocking around and beraking in my purse!).

A decent product, but there are better options out there.

on 12/20/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I think it works, unless it's some type of placebo effect. It gives a tingly feeling and it tastes like cinnamon (my favorite). My lips became redder when I used it, that's for sure. It works well when I apply it with my other lipsticks.

on 12/8/2009 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was so disappointed. First of all, I cannot believe what I recevied in the mail for the price I paid- it's such a small ridiculous tube. Secondly, I honestly thought the product smelled like vomit and it was nauseating. Additionally, it did NOTHING. Therefore, I would NEVER buy this crap again.

on 11/27/2009 2:32:00 PM

This product is lame.

It didn't do anything and it hardly tingles...Carmex tingles more than this stuff does...it's just an overpriced lip gloss and I don't even really like lip glosses.

Wish I didn't waste my money...

Recommended for Medium Skin