DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 1/23/2010 7:11:00 PM

Meh-as far as lip plumpers go, the Too Faced lip injection glosses are far more effective and longer lasting. There's nothing particularly wrong with the lip venom, but I've been around the block with plumpers and it just doesn't do it.

on 1/16/2010 12:49:00 AM

i have to say that the lip venoms are some of my favorite lipglosses!

of course, the price is fairly large for the size of the product (it's about the size of your pinky). HOWEVER, i love it, so i keep buying it!

i like venom so much because of the smell, the consistency, and the results. many duwop products seem to have that cinnamon-y, peppermint-y, delicious smell that i just LOVE, lip venom included. duwop is also a fairly good balance between a slick gloss & a sticky gloss--it provides the perfect amount of "grab" so that it's not sliding off of my lips, but my hair isn't getting stuck in it, either.

finally, duwop adds plumpness & incredible shine to my lips. i actually do not have a problem with this product "tingling" or "burning" AT ALL--it's actually one of the more "sensitive" lip plumpers i have purchased. that being said, this will not give you huge, honkin', angelina-jolie lips. what it WILL give you is super shiny lips, and the shine adds the illusion of fullness.

hope that helps someone!

on 1/15/2010 11:57:00 PM

OMG this lipgloss is so small for the price I was expecting something bit bigger. Also it does not plump your lips at all the only thing I can say is that it stays true to it's name "lip Venom" when I put it on my lips felt like they were on fire!! on top of everything it's a sticky and thick lip gloss! would NEVER buy again!

on 1/2/2010 11:32:00 AM

Despite what a lot of people are saying, I don't find the lip venom to be painful in any way, though I do tend to like lip glosses and balms that tingle on my lips. I absolutely love the cinnamon-y scent, and after about 3 minutes my lips are noticeably redder. The staying power isn't fantastic, but it is definitely better than a LOT of other glosses.

While the package is unfortunately tiny, I only need to use the tiniest bit. The only reason I'm NOT giving it five stars is because of the price. I DO think that $16 is too much to pay for such a tiny amount, but mine has lasted me a looonnnnggg time, and I use it almost every day.

on 1/2/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The true test of beauty, how much pain do you endure to look fabulous? My answer, none. This feels like a bee was locked in the tube and it stung me as I applied it. The sensation lingered for an hour.
The plus size is that is does temporarily plump the lips and gave me beautiful, pouty lips. The only reason why I didn't give this 1 lippie.

Note - If you are on the receiving end of a kiss (the person kissing you is wearing this), the sting transfers!

Only Lipfusion XL gave me the fullness like this product. Shell out the $$ for Lipfusion XL as it's less painful than Lip Venom but works just as well.

on 12/29/2009 4:45:00 PM

My first obsession with makeup came in the form of lip plumpers. I already have full lips, but the idea of having massive lips is so attractive to me.. (I was born/raised in Orange County... and now live in West Hollywood... oops?)

This a great product... I like to consider Ms. Bartolucci as the innovator of all things plump. It's a great formula, which has some tingle. The one fault of DuWop is that they seem to be outdated and packaging is not bad, but it's nothing exciting like Urban Decay.

I probably would buy it again if it were on sale.. but prefer Too Faced's Lip Injection.

on 12/29/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

"This works, but it hurts. The snake venom stings. Get a plumper without snake venom"

I actually laughed out loud when I read this review. There is no "venom" in your lip venom ladies, just essential oils, mostly cinnamon, that "tingle", some say burn, the lips and stimulate the blood vessels so your lips appear a little fuller and rosier. That said, I don't think it's everything it's cracked up to be. It's fun once in a while, but with it's big price tag for such a small vial I don't think I will be buying this again. Save your money and start chewing BIg Red gum, it will do basically the same thing for under $1.

on 12/29/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is just awesome sauce: a clear spicy gloss that tingles and plumps (a little bit.) Doesn't give poofy lips; for me it just smoothed out fine lines. Did stop working after a while, though. so I alternate. Doesn't dry out lips with casual use. Packaging sucks: small tube with brush app that pushes loose product out when you push the product in, getting in the screw cap. Overall, more effective than the Lip Primer & a nice purchase I haven't regretted.

on 12/24/2009 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My lips just hurt when I use this and there is no difference in size. The packaging is deceptive, because it could hold a larger gloss size. It is not worth the price to me and turned me off to the entire Du-Whop line, which no other poduct has done before. It's in my drawer, but it should be tossed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hmmm...I'm trying to figure out what this product does other than make my lips tingle. There's no obvious effect to the size or appearance of my lips. I wouldn't purchase again.

Popular Lip Glosses