Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 12/16/2006 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tend to prefer lighter scents, but Obsession is the ace sexbomb. One part: vanilla. Two parts: exoticism that brings the nookie.

on 12/9/2006 1:40:00 AM

80's baby here, so I don't remember the hype and overwear of this perfume and thus have no negative associations with it. My only complaint is the slight bitter tinge to this fragrance, that all CK scents seem to have. Other than that, and since it disappears after the initial drydown, this perfume is pure, powerful, seductive spice. It is overbearing if too much is applied, but just a spray and twirl application is perfect. It mellows out after a while and blends well with my chemistry. I'm the type that obvious florals smell yucky when they dry down, and any fruit scent other than citrus smells like stanky old cheesy feet on my skin (I'm dead serious). This fragrance works very well for me, and I love it to death. A nicer alternative if this is just too strong is Organza Indecence by Givenchy (my personal HG). I affectionately call Obsession my "mother of all perfumes".

on 11/23/2006 5:46:00 PM

I would give it five thousand lippies if I could! It so agrees with my chemistry. I appreciate the "brut" quality, there is nothing sweet about the fragrance, imo. But it is rounded, not sharp, after the initial blow. I dont´t really care what it smells of - it is my most personal fragrance. And, at least here, NOBODY is wearing it. I am surprised shops still carry it.

on 11/21/2006 9:16:00 PM

Extremely sophisticated. If you wear this fragrance, you are NOT a wallflower. The scent is seductive and extreme. You'd better watch out for the women who suits this fragrance.

on 11/21/2006 12:59:00 PM

Quite a potent concoction of flowers and spices blasts you from the very beginning - maybe this is due to the fact that I'm reviewing the parfum version but I believe that the initial impression from the edt is strong also. It's definitely dominated by the spicy notes which completely overwhelm the floral notes. I think that I can almost catch a whiff of orange blossom but can't detect the jasmine at all. I find that the base notes in this perfume are very strong and apparent from the first spray. The top/middle notes don't really stand a chance against the strength of the amber, incense and spices. Even though its classified as an oriental-vanilla I don't find that the vanilla is a strong contributor - it's still there, very faint in the background, but it's basically all amber, incense and spices. These three notes define the fragrance from the start to the end.
Although amber is one of my favourite notes I find that combined with the blend of spices used here it's too 'heavy' and overwhelming. It lacks subtlty and refinement and is almost...promiscuous?...lewd? As it fades the spices soften and it actually becomes quite pleasant but it's too far towards the end when the scent is disappearing so you don't have too long to enjoy it. It could have been something spectacular if the spices were downplayed and the amber, vanilla and florals had a chance.
The parfum bottle is nice enough design wise but I find that the lid is a bit difficult to take of.

on 11/5/2006 12:21:00 AM

There aren't many fragrances that I particularly don't like.. but this one has has something about it that I just can't stand. I wish I could put my finger on it but it's just not a fragrance I like. My friend used to wear it all the time and it drove me nuts. I find it to be way too old-lady and way too offensive.

on 10/11/2006 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have recently discovered Obsession and I love it. It may be an intoxicating and overdone 80's perfume , but I wouldn't know that , I was a toddler at that time :))
Because of my body chemistry I can wear only a few fragrances and smell decent ( think Sotto Voce by Laura Biagiotti and Eau de merveilles by Hermes),but Obsession smells really good on me , it's like nothing else , it's warm and confident.Im ust say that when I tried it on a cardboard at the mall I thought I was gonna die because of that yucky smell, but the SA convinced me to try it on my wrist and give it 30 min. I did that an in 15 min I was back buying it.
I am only applying one spray on one wrist , then touching the other wrist (not rubbing ) and one fine spray on the decolletage.

on 10/10/2006 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells like goat sweat. 'Nuff said!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A very musky, dark heady fragrance. I really do like it and rarely smell it on others now which is a bonus.. I've worn this one on and off for quite some time, no other fragrance will ever last as long as it does on your skin. Contains notes of mandarin bergamont and peach blended with lemon, jasmine and oakmoss. I do sometimes get a synthetic smell once it dries down but there is just something about this fragrance that is intoxicating. I cannot wear it in Summer it is just too much, one I always keep on hand for Winter.

on 8/30/2006 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To me, Obsession lives up to its name. It's heady, addictive, dark, brooding, and incredible sexy. It makes me think about all of those things that I love to infatuate over, especially the guilty secrets.

It's sensual, predatory, animalistic, and definitely not for the faint-hearted. A girly girl would feel exposed and vulnerable wearing this, but a strong-minded woman would wield it like a weapon and beat the opposition into submission with a single whiff.

I'm in love with this, even the bottle, which I find more classic than dated. Don't ever change this, Calvin Klein!

Popular Fragrances