October 26, 2014 | 1025 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Rewbacca

Extremely sophisticated. If you wear this fragrance, you are NOT a wallflower. The scent is seductive and extreme. You'd better watch out for the women who suits this fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2006 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Mblue

Quite a potent concoction of flowers and spices blasts you from the very beginning - maybe this is due to the fact that I'm reviewing the parfum version but I believe that the initial impression from the edt is strong also. It's definitely dominated by the spicy notes which completely overwhelm the floral notes. I think that I can almost catch a whiff of orange blossom but can't detect the jasmine at all. I find that the base notes in this perfume are very strong and apparent from the first spray. The top/middle notes don't really stand a chance against the strength of the amber, incense and spices. Even though its classified as an oriental-vanilla I don't find that the vanilla is a strong contributor - it's still there, very faint in the background, but it's basically all amber, incense and spices. These three notes define the fragrance from the start to the end.
Although amber is one of my favourite notes I find that combined with the blend of spices used here it's too 'heavy' and overwhelming. It lacks subtlty and refinement and is almost...promiscuous?...lewd? As it fades the spices soften and it actually becomes quite pleasant but it's too far towards the end when the scent is disappearing so you don't have too long to enjoy it. It could have been something spectacular if the spices were downplayed and the amber, vanilla and florals had a chance.
The parfum bottle is nice enough design wise but I find that the lid is a bit difficult to take of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Miss_shopAlot

There aren't many fragrances that I particularly don't like.. but this one has has something about it that I just can't stand. I wish I could put my finger on it but it's just not a fragrance I like. My friend used to wear it all the time and it drove me nuts. I find it to be way too old-lady and way too offensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mvioleta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have recently discovered Obsession and I love it. It may be an intoxicating and overdone 80's perfume , but I wouldn't know that , I was a toddler at that time :))
Because of my body chemistry I can wear only a few fragrances and smell decent ( think Sotto Voce by Laura Biagiotti and Eau de merveilles by Hermes),but Obsession smells really good on me , it's like nothing else , it's warm and confident.Im ust say that when I tried it on a cardboard at the mall I thought I was gonna die because of that yucky smell, but the SA convinced me to try it on my wrist and give it 30 min. I did that an in 15 min I was back buying it.
I am only applying one spray on one wrist , then touching the other wrist (not rubbing ) and one fine spray on the decolletage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 1:34:00 AM More reviews by powerwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells like goat sweat. 'Nuff said!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 8:48:00 AM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very musky, dark heady fragrance. I really do like it and rarely smell it on others now which is a bonus.. I've worn this one on and off for quite some time, no other fragrance will ever last as long as it does on your skin. Contains notes of mandarin bergamont and peach blended with lemon, jasmine and oakmoss. I do sometimes get a synthetic smell once it dries down but there is just something about this fragrance that is intoxicating. I cannot wear it in Summer it is just too much, one I always keep on hand for Winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Bloodyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To me, Obsession lives up to its name. It's heady, addictive, dark, brooding, and incredible sexy. It makes me think about all of those things that I love to infatuate over, especially the guilty secrets.

It's sensual, predatory, animalistic, and definitely not for the faint-hearted. A girly girl would feel exposed and vulnerable wearing this, but a strong-minded woman would wield it like a weapon and beat the opposition into submission with a single whiff.

I'm in love with this, even the bottle, which I find more classic than dated. Don't ever change this, Calvin Klein!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrendous, dated packaging. I wish designers would update their packaging for popular fragrances - may boost sales and introduce the scent to new generations. Anyway - this fragrance is my number one, penultimate example of a perfume I love ONLY ONLY in the drydown phase.

For this reason, I feel many of the once-popular drugstore knockoffs get this right in the sense that the inital, "expensive" and "exotic" smelling notes are unbearably harsh and chemical smelling and they go straight for the sillage that we later smell on others - the vaguely powdery, distinctive Obsession-scent.

This is a unique scent that I feel has gotten a bad rap. Even as a younger fragrance wearer, I feel if a light hand is used - this is still a masterfully crafted scent with a unique blend of notes and complexity. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Themightyaphrodite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All right, initially I did not like this fragrance. I was a bit overpowering to me, but then after it dried down I found it to be narcotically addictive.
I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I've found that men really seem to like this one too, I find it to be a little haunting, definetly leaves an impression. On the launch of this fragrance Calvin Klein said "I didn't want an old-fashioned recipe, I wanted something direct, sensuous and provocative, which represents the way I feel about women." and I think he pegged it right with Obsession. Definetly a keeper for me :0)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely a favorite fragrance of mine. No, I haven't worn it since about 1987, but only because it became too popular for its own good. This is a very strong, earthy, hedonistic smelling concoction that radiates sheer sex appeal. Musky, dark, complex - with a lovely sensuous drydown - this is not a fragrance for your average woman. Trouble is, EVERYONE wore it in the 80s, so much so that it was totally overdone. I would not hesitate to wear this again if I was given it as a gift, and I may well purchase it myself again at some point. continued >>