November 23, 2014 | 1105 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by berria24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I purchased the 5000 mg Biotin, took it for about two weeks or so & noticed i started breaking out like crazy! I understand i was taking more than the daily recommended dose. However i couldnt figure out why i was breaking out so bad, & didnt put it together untill i randomly decided to do some research on peoples experience with the Vitamin, never again will i take or purchase this stuff, however with that being said if you are looking for a good supliment that helps with hair growth & shine then this is great. Not worth the break outs though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Agh. I don't know why I started taking Biotin. I already have very thick, glossy hair (the hair on my head, eyebrows, arm hair, leg hair, blah blah) but I wanted to take this for my skin.

MISTAKE. I had 4 cystic zits pop up one after the other. I started taking Biotin in December and I was breaking out until February. I still have an angry red scar on my cheek 6 months later that absolutely nothing has cleared.

On the flip side, friends of mine have taken biotin with absolutely no problems. I'm just too acne prone. Oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I took it for a while and I did notice a difference in my hair, it was falling out less somehow, but this was also during a time where I was eating somewhat healthy, so that may have contributed to it. But, we can't buy Biotin as a vitamin here in Australia (unless someone can inform me otherwise) and I bought this online, and stupidly bought an extremely high dose one (10 000 mcg, I know, I'm an idiot). I think that may have contributed to me breaking out, and small bumps everywhere on my face as well. Well, I don't know if this was to blame, but my skin got a little better after stopping, but the hair started shedding like crazy again. If I do re-purchase it will be a smaller dose, but yes, it does contribute to healthy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I will never stop using Biotin. Think about it, it promotes everything you want beauty wise (hair, skin, nails), it also encouraged me to make a healthier decision. I originally took Biotin for my hair growth. My hair would stay the same length for months, I noticed that it promoted hair growth by average standards (maybe even more) but that was more than I could ask for considering my hair was to stubborn to grow in the past.

My nails, oh my nails they indefinitely grew without a doubt because of Biotin, I bite my nails down to the core but after taking this supplement my nails are growing faster and thicker. This encourages me to grow my nails out.

You have to drink this with water and lots of it. I was always stubborn about drinking water. I avoided drinking water, but now it's my primary drink because with Biotin you have to drink lots of water or YOU WILL BREAK OUT. Drinking water isn't a bad thing though, and it's a better choice than the other alternative. I was willing to sacrifice (which isn't a big sacrifice anyway) drinking other drinks periodically to have longer hair and nails.

This is a vitamin worth trying at the least.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by missjaylie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair has been thinning drastically over the past eight months and I thought I've give this product a try. Fyi,I have long chemically treated brown hair that rests nearly past my breasts. I've taken one pill a day of 1000 mcg Nature's Bounty Biotin for about a month and I noticed my nails become longer with less breakage, hair looks healthier and has already grown a little more than an inch. This product stimulates hair growth all over the body so be prepared to shave your legs more frequently, wax facial hair.. etc.

Unfortunately, I have decided to discontinue taking this vitamin due to horrible breakouts. However, I am more than willing to try a different brand that doesn't have such negative effects on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by deeeshaady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i heard about Biotin from my step-mom and she told me it would make my hair grow faster in about 2 - 3 months. My hair is up to shoulder, dry and curly. I've tried everything i mean EVERYTHING to get it to grow! I started using it a week ago. I really hope Biotin works on m hair, i would kill for long hair right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sapphire70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok my hair loss issues started quite some time ago.....but not until the last 2-3 mo's has it been the worst. Breakage, massive thinning..so much so that I have to use a fill in powder,..I just started taking the Biotin 3000mcg Nature's Bounty. I think I might need to go to the 5000mcg's...based on other reviews. My hair has been full of body but still thin...but now its more limp, Also I started using the product Nioxin. So I hope between the shampoo and the Biotin I will see results in a few months. Will update but I am excited based on the reviews. Oh and my skin is dry...so I am not worried about increase oils. I've only broke out due to hormonal reasons. Never had an issue with oily skin...I can use the extra moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by catherinesophia

I have been taking Biotin for the past 6 months, and I can't say that it makes my hair grow faster, but it definitely has made my hair thicker. The new growth is much thicker and healthier than my longer hair. My hair is about twice as thick at the roots than at the ends, and I dye my roots every month using Wella Color Charm Demi, so you would think that there would be breakage, but I have none. My nails are also really strong as well; they never ever chip or break and I can grow them very long, but I tend to keep them shorter because I wear contact lenses. I have very little breakage from about 6 inches from my scalp (how much my hair has grown since I started taking it), and the hair is very healthy and the texture seems thicker as well. I'm really happy about this because I'm trying to grow my hair out really long, and the stronger it is, the less likely it will break off before it gets to my desired length. I take 5000 mcg a day and I get the pills from Walmart. I think it's a good thing to take, and I will probably continue to take them forever. I didn't have any skin problems of note. I can honestly say that this stuff works, and you should at least give it a try to see if it works for you. It's under $10 for a 4 month supply at Walmart, and I think it has done wonderful things for my very delicate curly hair :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pcrate

I have been on and off biotin since 2003 and it has worked wonders for my sister and me. As a kid I had the thickest hair in the world while my sister had the finest hair in the world... so quite naturally I complained about my thick hair- when it started shedding and stop growing out I tried Biotin at 2500mcg. I have always taken pre-natal vitamins (never been pregnant- go figure) in hopes of all the natural glowness of a pregnant woman with bouncing and behaving hair so I coupled this with the Bioton 2500... the results were dramatically beautiful... after my hair became beautiful again I got cocky and stopped taking them - I started experimenting with different styles again - so I would go on "operation-grow-hair-back" & "operation-healthy-hair" and started upping the anty on my new found hair miracle - so I went to biotin 5000. Now all along my skin was just producing more & more oil with breakouts but since this was growing my hair back I didn't "care". Well I did care but... so then I tried GNC 5000 & was taking 2/day (10,000mcg) - skin was looking like chicken grease but I was still taking them like candy! Result - beautiful hair, nails and wet-oily looking face - my water intake was as much as a human can hold in a day but still over-the-top oily skin. Then the breakouts became unbearable so I stopped again - a yr or so later I tried Nature Valley Biotin 5K (2/day) & within a wk my skin was destroyed... gave them away. Then I tried Sundown (7500mcg) ($10.99) was taking 2/day and within 4 wks I had hoofs for nails and my hair looked as if I had extensions in it... dramatic results with tolerable oily skin. I finished that bottle & decided to go a cheap route w/ Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg ($6) - so if this bottle destroys my skin by week 2; I will go back to the Sundown 7500 with the tolerable upset skin... so in a nutshell Biotin works if you drink enough water to help with the extra oil it WILL produce oh yeah it induces ALL hair follicles so if you are naturally hairy - Buyer Beware!

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom bought me this after a little downfall in my health and WOW. I always had thick hair and nails but this stuff not only made it grow faster, but healthier. My hair is shiny, thick and grows so fast I love it! My nails are even thicker and healthier. And I swear my skin feels softer and dare i say more vibrant. I use Nature's Bounty Biotin, take 3 pills before bed and although they're pretty big, like horse pills, its soooo worth the outcome. I only took it for a few weeks before I noticed an obvious difference. I hope it works for others as much as it's worked for me!