October 21, 2014 | 1263 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by missjaylie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair has been thinning drastically over the past eight months and I thought I've give this product a try. Fyi,I have long chemically treated brown hair that rests nearly past my breasts. I've taken one pill a day of 1000 mcg Nature's Bounty Biotin for about a month and I noticed my nails become longer with less breakage, hair looks healthier and has already grown a little more than an inch. This product stimulates hair growth all over the body so be prepared to shave your legs more frequently, wax facial hair.. etc.

Unfortunately, I have decided to discontinue taking this vitamin due to horrible breakouts. However, I am more than willing to try a different brand that doesn't have such negative effects on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by deeeshaady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i heard about Biotin from my step-mom and she told me it would make my hair grow faster in about 2 - 3 months. My hair is up to shoulder, dry and curly. I've tried everything i mean EVERYTHING to get it to grow! I started using it a week ago. I really hope Biotin works on m hair, i would kill for long hair right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sapphire70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok my hair loss issues started quite some time ago.....but not until the last 2-3 mo's has it been the worst. Breakage, massive thinning..so much so that I have to use a fill in powder,..I just started taking the Biotin 3000mcg Nature's Bounty. I think I might need to go to the 5000mcg's...based on other reviews. My hair has been full of body but still thin...but now its more limp, Also I started using the product Nioxin. So I hope between the shampoo and the Biotin I will see results in a few months. Will update but I am excited based on the reviews. Oh and my skin is dry...so I am not worried about increase oils. I've only broke out due to hormonal reasons. Never had an issue with oily skin...I can use the extra moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by catherinesophia

I have been taking Biotin for the past 6 months, and I can't say that it makes my hair grow faster, but it definitely has made my hair thicker. The new growth is much thicker and healthier than my longer hair. My hair is about twice as thick at the roots than at the ends, and I dye my roots every month using Wella Color Charm Demi, so you would think that there would be breakage, but I have none. My nails are also really strong as well; they never ever chip or break and I can grow them very long, but I tend to keep them shorter because I wear contact lenses. I have very little breakage from about 6 inches from my scalp (how much my hair has grown since I started taking it), and the hair is very healthy and the texture seems thicker as well. I'm really happy about this because I'm trying to grow my hair out really long, and the stronger it is, the less likely it will break off before it gets to my desired length. I take 5000 mcg a day and I get the pills from Walmart. I think it's a good thing to take, and I will probably continue to take them forever. I didn't have any skin problems of note. I can honestly say that this stuff works, and you should at least give it a try to see if it works for you. It's under $10 for a 4 month supply at Walmart, and I think it has done wonderful things for my very delicate curly hair :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Pcrate

I have been on and off biotin since 2003 and it has worked wonders for my sister and me. As a kid I had the thickest hair in the world while my sister had the finest hair in the world... so quite naturally I complained about my thick hair- when it started shedding and stop growing out I tried Biotin at 2500mcg. I have always taken pre-natal vitamins (never been pregnant- go figure) in hopes of all the natural glowness of a pregnant woman with bouncing and behaving hair so I coupled this with the Bioton 2500... the results were dramatically beautiful... after my hair became beautiful again I got cocky and stopped taking them - I started experimenting with different styles again - so I would go on "operation-grow-hair-back" & "operation-healthy-hair" and started upping the anty on my new found hair miracle - so I went to biotin 5000. Now all along my skin was just producing more & more oil with breakouts but since this was growing my hair back I didn't "care". Well I did care but... so then I tried GNC 5000 & was taking 2/day (10,000mcg) - skin was looking like chicken grease but I was still taking them like candy! Result - beautiful hair, nails and wet-oily looking face - my water intake was as much as a human can hold in a day but still over-the-top oily skin. Then the breakouts became unbearable so I stopped again - a yr or so later I tried Nature Valley Biotin 5K (2/day) & within a wk my skin was destroyed... gave them away. Then I tried Sundown (7500mcg) ($10.99) was taking 2/day and within 4 wks I had hoofs for nails and my hair looked as if I had extensions in it... dramatic results with tolerable oily skin. I finished that bottle & decided to go a cheap route w/ Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg ($6) - so if this bottle destroys my skin by week 2; I will go back to the Sundown 7500 with the tolerable upset skin... so in a nutshell Biotin works if you drink enough water to help with the extra oil it WILL produce oh yeah it induces ALL hair follicles so if you are naturally hairy - Buyer Beware!

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom bought me this after a little downfall in my health and WOW. I always had thick hair and nails but this stuff not only made it grow faster, but healthier. My hair is shiny, thick and grows so fast I love it! My nails are even thicker and healthier. And I swear my skin feels softer and dare i say more vibrant. I use Nature's Bounty Biotin, take 3 pills before bed and although they're pretty big, like horse pills, its soooo worth the outcome. I only took it for a few weeks before I noticed an obvious difference. I hope it works for others as much as it's worked for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by LexxiMassacre

i got the spring valley brand of biotin. trying to grow out my short hair its at my shoulders right now i hav never had long hair !!! its the 1,000 mg (im not sure)
i just started using 2 weeks ago :) i havent seen a dramatic difference actually almost nuthing aat all but i will keep using till the bottle is finished . i will update when done . i take twice a day .if doesnt work i will try out caster oil .

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by pecantangoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased Spring Valley biotin. My coworker had really thining hair. She told me that she was taking omega-3 and biotin 1000mcg a day. I have noticed the difference in her hair. I went to buy some. I just started takinging. today is the 3rd or 4th day. I will repost with later this month. I have oily acne-prone skin. From reading the reviews... lets pray that this works.lol. I have pretty dry hair that has been breaking for the last few months. The majority of my hair is unrelaxed and I am currently wearing it in a natural style (afro). My hair is currently about 3 inches from my shoulders ( Unrelaxed). Will try for a month and update you. My nails are pretty fast growing. A bit soft but still grows fast and has white tips. :-)
I have thick eyebrows. Lets see how this ends up. lol.

But I will keep you posted.

Started off with 5 because I just started using it.

*********Update*****************
I started using this vitamine and quickly stopped. It didn't work very well with my skin. I used it for about a month and I got really big pimples on my chine and jaw line. I will take one every now and again but I will not take this brand of Biotin again everyday as directed. I take a one-a-day womens vit. that has biotin in it so I think that will be enough for now. :-)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My goals were stronger nails (mine peel and break a lot) and faster hair growth. I was on biotin for a total of 6 months.
I started off on a very low dose of this, taking three tablets a day for 3 months. I didn't notice any difference at all, apart from a horrible acne break out that lasted about a week (when I first started taking them). I endured the acne, got over it and continued with the biotin. Still nothing. I then started taking a much higher dose of biotin and had to put up with another breakout from the increased dose, which I think it was 7.5mg. I took these ones for about another 3 months. Still nothing worth writing home about. I didn't see any difference in my hair growth at all. There was a *slight* difference in my nails. Less peeling and they were stronger but I don't think it was worth it. Honestly, I don't see why I even bothered. Nothing amazing happened at all but I'm happy that it works for some people. I've been on a very healthy diet since October (I was very unhealthy during my biotin taking months) and I'm going to see if my new diet does anything for my hair, skin and nails. Good luck everyone :).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by JCK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have gone through 1 bottle (100 tablets) of Biotin 1000mcg. I have not noticed a change in hair growth or nail strength. I also did not break out. I had been taking 2 tablets a day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No