SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 10/27/2012 11:27:00 AM

Wow!!!! I was convinced to buy it after my BF's mom recommended this to me. She said the main ingredient was from Japan and was discovered to have this anti-aging properties which was seen on older Japanese women..I hesitated at first because it's really pricey..Glad I bought it finally. I am now on my 7th week, I use it almost every night (sometimes I missed using it like 2x a week)..I hate the smell at first, but now I'm used to it. At least, they're not using fragrance to mask it which may actually be bad for the skin..My face is more supple, with the glow and the right level of moisture. The oiliness on my nose is reduced. I also noticed that my acne marks fades faster now (I am using Clinique Dark Spot Corrector)..just looooove it! I hope the effect will last on me.

on 10/15/2012 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this product is either a love or hate thing. I guess some people can really react with it, and some people really love this sort of essence. I had very good experiences with it, I don't use it everyday because itis very expensive. I use it on nights when I know I will stay up late, or before days my skin needs an extra lift. I have acne prone skin, but this doesn't break me out, it definitely helps with the blemishes, it refines skin texture and makes me glow.
Yes the smell is a bit iffy but I can deal with that :) I love this product, but yes some people can have horrible reactions, so try a sample first!

on 10/15/2012 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

very expensive, very promising advertisement, very tempted to try, and i made a purchase on the mini product which cost me 20sgd
and didnt work. either my skin is at maximum condition or it just doesnt work.
and cause breakout on my forehead (small bumps) - which means allergy?
will pass it to my mum

on 10/14/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been a big fan of this product, using it for at least 5 years. This product really makes your skin dewy and youthful. I have stopped buying it because of the continuous increase in price that feels like faster than the nyc real estate. It contain a paraben. I deducted 2 stars for these reasons.

on 10/5/2012 4:05:00 PM

A cult favourite, usually a love me or hate me product. To see the effects of this product you really need to have patience. It is a slow and gradual product. It improves overall skin quality and reduces sensitivity of skin, but only with constant use. Using it once or twice will have no effect. I am on my third bottle now. But recently I've discovered Lancôme Genifique and Genifique seems to do this but better and faster.

on 9/30/2012 12:45:00 PM

Great product!!! I have used it with la mer moisturizer .the result was great for 2 months. Then I use the moisturizer alone for another 2 months, because the essence ran out, then the result was bad! Oily skin and looking rough!! may be I should use the same line of brand rather than mix and match. Anyway that was 9 months ago and it was a bit of experiment . Now I use this essence with FT repair c and facial lift emulsion. They work wonder!! Only over a week my skin look younger fresher brighter.... Just great!!

i can't say too many good things about this toner or treatment essence as people like to call it. first of all, this stinks! i agree that i am sensitive to smell but this really stinks...secondly, this is super expensive, i dont think i will ever buy it again just because of the cost and it didnt do much to my skin. i did notice brightening effect so when i wake up in the morning, my skin looked a lot brighter and tad smoother but that is about all it did for my skin. i may try the cream from this line in the future but i dont really believe in the hype that this toner gets. the $150 bottle will last you only a few months...about 3 months, especially when you use the cotton pad to apply...which is what they recommend to do.

on 9/23/2012 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this at Sephora. My skin feels very clean and fresh after I use it, however it also feels little sticky, unclean.
I use it as a toner before applying my day-cream and night-cream. I haven't seen much of an effect yet, but noticed small little red bumps. Not sure if this essence is at fault, or SKII cream, however, after I stopped using any SKII product, my clear skin came back.
I might give this product one more try sometime, and update if my opinion changes.

on 9/15/2012 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had doubts about this product as I thought nothing can be "miracle water". I used this and after 2 months is when I saw the difference. My skin is very oily that is uneven and dull due to scars and redness left over from pimples. This product helped with making my skin less dull and more radiant looking, although it does not fade scars. I love how much radiant my skin is now, and even though this product is ridiculously expensive, I will continue to buy it because it really works. Although it is far from miracle, it will not help if you have acne prone skin, it doesn't reduce outbreaks.

I love the packaging of the bottle, it allows a bit to be poured out onto the palm so you don't pour too much at one shot. The smell if the essence is unpleasant, reminds me of something rotting. However it dissipates very fast upon application, something I don't mind because of the results.

on 8/24/2012 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product gives my face a kind of shine which was unnecessary. Because my skin is extremely oily, it made me look even more oily. And it smells terrible!!! Other than that, I don't see any improvement on my skin so I stopped using. Only used 1/8 of the product. Waste of money. For people who have fair/good skin/looking for natural glowing skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)