Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

4.3

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

on 5/19/2010 1:18:00 AM

I bought this today at walgreens and there was no recall notice for it here in NYC. I actually tried it tonight. It says to soak for about 5-10 minutes but I left it in for 40 minutes and saw results already. It's not paper white but I'm sure with more uses, it will be a lot whiter. I tried googling about the recall but I can't find anything on it.

on 5/13/2010 10:37:00 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that this stuff has been recalled...I'm not sure if there was a bad batch somewhere or if it's been discontinued altogether, but I tried to pick up a tube at Walgreens tonight, and they wouldn't let me buy it! The clerk said there was a recall notice on the computer system.

Sorry this isn't really a review (I gave it a neutral rating since I haven't actually tried it), I just though I'd get the word out and maybe save someone a trip to the drugstore.

I hope I'm wrong - please post if you have more information!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So I bought the tube separately from the kit and realized I wanted those mouth guard things to put the gel into so I ran out and bought a pair. After using this whitening system for about 2 weeks and more (everyday) I didn't really notice a difference in the color of my teeth. They still looked yellow but kind of white, I don't know how to explain. So I stopped for a week or two. Then I noticed my teeth were actually getting darker (yellowish) so I started using it again. This time around, I realized it does actually work because after using it it was back to the color that it was when I was using it. So yes, it did whiten my teeth slightly. But nothing major.
This is an affordable product and does the job.

on 4/14/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product! So cheap and works way better than all the other home whitening kits I've tried. After the first couple of uses I could already tell a difference in the colour of my teeth. I'm an avid coffee and wine drinker and this is a staple for me. I like to keep my teeth as white as possible so that it doesn't look awful with certain lipsticks. Would definitely recommend!

on 4/14/2010 6:27:00 PM

The best whitener! I use this with a tray and keep on for 10 minutes to two hours just don't let the gel touch your gums. Whitens really fast, gives long lasting results and is cheap! I've had little sensitivity to this product. The gel is a little messy but it's still a great product.

on 4/11/2010 8:11:00 PM

I LOVE THIS! i bought this two days ago... yes two days ago. I bought this at walgreens..with a printed out 2.00 off coupon when you buy the kit. Well i got to walgreens and it was buy one get one FREE on plus white! So i was going to get another kit because it was worth more money but i didn't need two mouthgaurds so i just got another gel! I have used it around 4 times and it whitens SO FAST, tastes good, easy to use, cheap...my total came to 8.99.....!!! for two gels, a mouthgaurd, and a rinse!! I have used crest whitestrips and i hate them..the best so far has been advanced seal they stay on really well but they are so expensive!! I apply it with a qtip directly on my teeth and then i put the mouthgaurd in and wait around 10-15 minutes. It works wonderfully.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Watch my review as I compare Crest to Plus White !

on 4/1/2010 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok so first of all ive been using the sensitive version of this product as i was scared of the pain some people have been talking about!
The normal version is 6% and the sensitive is 3%
ive been using this for about 5 days now, it recommends you use it twice daily for 2 weeks so im going to continue with it
I use it with a mouthguard and leave it in for about 10 minutes and occassionally it gets a little sensitive but nothing painful, just a twinge
Ive seen a LITTLE difference? but i thought id have pretty rapid results after reading up on here! but im going to edit this again at the end of 2 weeks so here are the ratings for now!

on 3/11/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

love this!! I have bought this over and over!
UPDATE--I continue to buy this over and over. The dentist checkups have been perfect. They say I do a great job cleaning my teeth but I think it is this product that keeps them so nice. I will never part with this--it's a great find. I use a floride rinse after brushing everyday because it is not in the paste. I also love that my teeth do not hurt when I use this every day. Other whitening products are painful.

on 3/11/2010 6:16:00 PM

I use 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel 2 - 3 times a week and it really works! However; I don't use it for only 5 minutes. I use the mouth trays as per the review below. And I leave this on for 30 minutes at a time. I then follow with a good brushing and use a whitening rinse for 30 seconds.
My teeth respond well to this treatment and are a LOT whiter. I can highly recommend this product when used as per above instructions.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools