July 26, 2014 | 1880 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

honesty, if your one of those girls who have a dominanting undertone like I am who has trouble finding a color that you can work with and look natural, this is for you. let me start off by saying for a MAC product, not that bad. you get SO MUCH for 30$(USD) just make sure to give it a good shake because it is water based.. if you have oily skin though I don't think this for you. not that it makes your skin oily but without setting with a powder it gives you a dewy finish. it offers light to medium but buildabkw coverage. I usually shake it up, pour a quarter size on the back of my palm, apply some with my Mac 187, and blend and blend and blend. let it dry, if I need a bit more on a bad day (no sleep, dull complextion) ill apply another layer, set it, and it last me about 10 hours. you could probably go longer w.o touch ups but I don't like to let any product sit on my skin that long though o must say this is very BREATHABLE which is what I look for most in a foundation.. this is my second bottle which was a big deal because I am just starting to invest in department store brand makeup and this was my only match.. highly recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you're after a long-lasting foundation, this is it. Lasts and lasts and hides all imperfections (on face and body). Best way to apply this foundation is with fingers - blend and blend and it will turn into a film and set on your skin. Great foundation if you're going to an event and you're going to be photographed a lot. No need to apply powder. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation keeps your skin fresh and looking natural! You can use fingers to apply it but I prefer the foundation brush for a seamless finish! To maintain the 'just like real skin, only better' look, lightly brush on loose powder only on your t-zone and on eyelids.

If you are looking for a more "Made Up" look apply two light coats of foundation all over the face and set with loose powder all over.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by n5357

I really wanted to like this, especially as it's a fav of so many people. However, this just not work for me. I have oily to combo and dehyrdrated skin. This goes on beautifully, very sheer and light coverage. But on my skin type it slid off and did not last very long at all. Good colour selection though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow this foundation has a good rating for a reason and now after purchasing it myself I know why. I called MAC online because the nearest MAC store is an hour away and I like shopping at home. Anyways I told the SA that I us NW20 in the Studio Fix powder and couldn't decide between N1 or N2? Well I was thinking N1 and that's exactly what she recommended. Reason being I have a very cool undertone and I get red so easily it's ridiculous. I am a natural blonde with green eyes and the N1 is beyond perfect it looks just like my skin.

I have been double cleansing in the colder months facial oil then foam cleanser then tone. I then use aha or RA, serum, then moisturizer, sometimes a sleeping pack at night. Day same thing minus the deeper moisturizer and I try to stick with water based products I like using Fix+ because this foundation is water based. I haven't used a primer with this yet though I'm going to try some on days where I need my MU to last. I do apply this with my fingers I don't like applying bases with my hands but sometimes it's what we must do.

I warm this up between my hands and apply. I find I don't need a second layer my skin is finally clear and even so I really like the light coverage. I then use Tarte concealer and either a MAC powder or I use Tarte's to set my foundation. I love the finish of this stuff it's gorgeous because it just looks like skin!My BF had no idea I was wearing anything;) I have finally found something besides Asian BB Creams that I will use a lot. I reach for this all the time because it lasts and looks great for such a long time. I use Fix+ to refresh and I'm good to go.

I went with the bigger bottle because if I need to darken for the Summer I can get a smaller N2 but for now this colour will match me for quite a long time. It's definitely a good amount of product for the $$. The dewy finish is beautiful and it applies very easily. If you have to use a brush the SA said go with the 190 I have that brush and think it would waste product honestly so just have wipes on hand. I have to say this is an excellent foundation and if you don't have a lot of skin issues this will be awesome for you. Also I think this is good for all skin types except super dry, but I'm a believer that all is possible in makeup:)

It applies fantastic over moisturizer, SS, etc, and it lasts! And you just look like it's your skin just way better. I am so happy I finally got this after buying other products when I could have been using this all along. Either way I'm glad it's in my life now and I do recommend it. If you like heavy coverage this isn't for you and I think we all know that about this foundation by now. If you're late on the bandwagon like me...Get on! You won't regret it, it's simply an awesome foundation. Easy 5 lippie product! Highly Recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Jocaste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is this foundation good for acne prone skin? NO.
Does it have a lovely color range? YES.
To begin with, I have mixted feelings for this foundation. I love love the shade ( C1) as it matches to my skin tone and I get that natural result I yearn for. It is lightweight and water based so you get light-to-medium coverage with a lovely dewy finish. However, the fact that it has a moisturizing formula, makes it ideal only for dry and combination skin types and not for the oily or ance prone ones. I had been using it for 1 month and after every application it broke me out like crazy. It took me several applications to realize that it was this foundation which provoked all these pimples and black heads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20/25. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line-->"A comfortable, lightweight fluid foundation with a unique blend of emollients that delivers low-to-medium buildable coverage and a natural satin finish. Moisturizing, long-wearing formula glides onto face and body providing stay-true colour."

PACKAGING~ It's very liquidy so you have to shake it up really well on each use and if you do that with the cap on there is leakage into the cap. Nothing that gets out of the cap, however, but, it is too messy for me so I take the cap off, put my finger over the little hole, and shake it that way.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~It's thin, with plenty of slip but quickly sets up, much like Estee Lauder Double Wear or Revlon ColorStay. It has NONE of the oil controlling properties of those foundations though so this is were the similarity ends. Just an example of how it sets on its own.

APPLICATION~I put a quarter sized amount in my hands and rub it until it starts to resist, like, it sets up and get stiff, then I apply it with my hands. Very blendable.

FINISH~The finish is satin and hands down, the highest pigmented coupled with most natural foundation I've ever used. Now, there are some that cover more but you will sacrifice natural looking of course. But, if you apply the way I do, it will give you medium coverage and that's something for the natural look you get!

COVERAGE~Light to medium, depending on application.

STAYING POWER~Well, it's slippery XD but it does set nicely. I use powder over it and often also StudioFix powder because I love that polished look and it does require touch ups with powder throughout the day because it isn't oil controlling or anything like that. However, the colour doesn't fade at all. I just use it over a good primer and it works so well on my oily skin. I love it!

SCENT~None.

COLOUR~I use C2 and to me is pretty much C25. I can roll with C20 or 25 usually though so this works quite well for me. I alternate C20 and 25 powder as needed with it.

OVERALL~I cannot believe I'm just reviewing this now! It's been a much loved staple for years now, I adore it. It does slip around as the day wears on, especially in the summer. But, I live in a cool climate so I can generally wear it year round. It's natural looking, gives more coverage than anything this natural looking in any brand including other MAC foundations. This does not cause acne anymore than any other substantial coating I put on my skin. It's a masterpiece in makeup!

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by allisonb93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first MAC foundation I ever bought. And it is my holy grail foundation. I've bought a few ones after this one from other brands just to try new things. But nothing compares to this.

I have combo skin that leans on the dry side on some parts, as long as you put on a good c base skincare you can use this if your skin is a little bit dry.

It is a light coverage but it is build able. Work with it a little bit to figure out the best way to apply it. I put it on with my fingers and really push it into my skin like I would with skincare, I get the most natural look with it. I put a light layer obre my whole face then go back on my red areas with another light layer, then pin point conceal with a concealer. I find most people don't need a full coverage foundation, or even as much foundation as they think they need.

It's better to go for a lighter coverage foundation and then pinpoint conceal in your bad areas that way it doesn't look cakey. If you have lots of acne it looks better this way even if you have lots of spots to conceal pinpoint concealing will make your overall face smoother and not as noticeable like a mask. I have normally like 3-10 blemishes at all times due to hormonal breakouts and lots of redness on my cheeks but I can use this foundation to cover all of it, when used the right way.

You get 4 oz for 30$ which normal MAC foundations go for 30$ for 1 oz, MAC now has 2 sizes in this foundation, the bigger bottle is a better deal money wise.

This is the foundation most makeup artists use on the runway, if you look at any face charts you are likely to see this foundation.

The finish is a very natural skin finish, I sometimes use powder just in my t zone but it makes your skin so fresh and plump looking if you leave the rest of your face unpowderd!
Great for magic skin because it gives that youthful glow back, I think matte foundations can look really bad sometimes on mature skin and can age people. But not this one! I highly recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ParisienneB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I repurchased this after trying several foundations.. First time I tried it was almost 3 years ago and I should be honest, one of the worst foundation experiences ever. But, then I found out that I never had dry skin, I have very dehydrated skin and it took a while to find the right products for my skin. Anyway back to the foundation..

It comes in a huge bottle (120 ml) for 35 euros but nowadays you can repurchase a smaller bottle of 50 ml for 33 euros. Well, I would say that it's better to go for the bigger one and then buy a smaller bottle if you go lighter or darker depending on the season. Indeed, the texture is very watery so I would recommend using your hands to apply this. My personal opinion is that it "disappears" on the skin while using your hands while it takes a little bit more time with a brush (used real techniques expert face brush). The coverage is light but buildable, I would say that you can work it up to medium without looking like you're wearing a mask. You do feel it once you apply it but after a couple of minutes that feeling goes away. Ok, it's not Armani maestro foundation on the skin so you're gonna "feel it", this is nothing that bothers me at all but I guess some people can have a problem with it.

I absolutely love this foundation cause it's natural looking. I need most of the coverage on my cheeks I only put a thin layer all over the face and then I go back and apply more where it's needed. If you have big spots I would recommend a good full-coverage concealer to cover your imperfections. It leaves the skin looking stunning, people always say that my skin looks perfect and can't believe that I'm wearing foundation. So I can honestly say that it looks like my skin but perfected.

Even though it's recommended for dry skin I wouldn't recommend it for very dry skin, since I remember that I was using it while I had dry patches and it looked awful. If you're looking for matte finish I wouldn't either go for this one, it's a dewy finish so powder is necessary (or else you will look like you've been on the gym for 2h).

About the staying power.. I'm impressed, on my skin it lasts pretty good for 8h. I do need to powder it during the day though. I think really that you should give this one a try if you have dry/normal/combination skin and want something natural. If you have a lot of imperfections, use a good concealer and give this one a try. For very oily skin and very dry skin, I don't think this would be your HG foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I am not a huge fan of this foundation, I find it is far to water based. it makes my skin very oily and often caused me to break out. the coverage is low.
if you have dry skin and want the 'my skin but refreshed look' than I guess this foundation would be suitable for you.
the price is good as you get 120ml for around £20 however I do not like the packaging as it is not secure if you put it in your bag.