April 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by scmj

I really wanted to love this product. I read so many reviews before buying it to be sure on the right choice of foundation for a natural look and great quality.

It's very liquid, and the girl from Mac told me to apply it with a brush and to put quite a lot on it. I used it when I was home,WITH a primer, and I so sad because my skin felt and looked SOOO GREASY ! I put lots of powder and it didn't change anything :(
I have a dehydrated and a a bit of oily skin, but not the type of skin that shines a lot without makeup, so that's why I was very suprised with the way it went on my skin.

Then, I put it on my legs to see how it wiil do and it's pretty much the same thing. It felt more like a moisturizer or a sunscreen : a little bit of the shine effect, but smooth. It covered my imperfections like the little dots you can get when your hair is starting to grow. But it's not a very high coverage foundation because it didn't cover the totality of my bruises.

I'm so sad it didn't work for me. :( But the packaging is really good ! you get a lot a product out of it and it's not messy.
Other thing I didn't like, THE PRICE ! 32$ without the taxes...Not going to keep that for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've oily skin and i use it, it lasts on my skin for a good few hours and then starts to fade off, not good at controlling my oils well at all so i prefer to mix it in with a foundation that has more coverage, will not repurchase.

i like setting this with studio fix powder to give more coverage and go in with concealer to conceal blemishes, since this foundation can be builded up to many many layers and still look very natural, i usually do 2 layers with the sigma f60 flat foundation brush.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cpickard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only foundation I've ever used up completely, and gone back for more. HG.

As soon as I started wearing it I started hearing the same thing from my female friends and relatives: "Wow, your skin looks great!"

I'm over 40 and started to notice that creamier foundations would settle in the fine lines around my eyes by the end of the day. I tried Aveda tinted moisture, but it was just too sheer. A salesperson at the MAC pro store recommended this, and it's pretty much perfect.

I used to avoid MAC foundations because I always thought the salesgirls looked orange/yellowish and unnatural. But this one doesn't do that at all.

Two caveats: 1) In humid weather or if my t-zone is oily it can look a little too dewy and slide off ... but a plain translucent pressed powder takes care of that. 2)I have mild rosacea in some areas, and this doesn't fully cover it ... but I use a little colour corrector or concealer where needed.

It leaves my face overall looking glowy and natural, while evened out. Me But Better really sums it up. It seems expensive at first at $40 ... but you get twice the amount of most foundations. It took me a year and a half or two years to use up one bottle. I think maybe it did start to look a tinge more yellow when I got right down to the bottom of the bottle ... but since it is quite liquid and sheer to begin with, it wasn't a big deal ... plus after two years of doing what it needs to do perfectly, how could I complain? HG HG HG

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by philipjfryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

MAC NC20 / Colorstay: Buff/Sand beige / MUFE Mat velvet: 20 (winter)

So... What to start with?
Do you feel like you've already tried ALL the foundations in the world.. And all of them are... Too cakey? Too sheer? Too full coverage? Too matte? Too dewy? Well, you're not the only one.

I have normal skin (thanks god!) so i can use matte as well as dewy foundations and it looks good usually. The problem with me & all the foundations is.. I don't want people too see that I'm wearing make-up! But at the same time I want at least light-medium coverage... Because.. My skin is in quite good condition now but still there's a lot to cover!

How to describe MAC F&B? For me, it's a foundation that has light-medium incredibly buildable coverage, doesn't look cakey AT ALL, makes the skin look smooth - no pores and finelines and gives AMAZING satin-dewy finish that I am a huge fan of and I don't set it with powder at all.
My tip is to use your hands to apply this. The more you blend the foundation into your skin, the more "creamy" and "pasty" it becomes and the more coverage you get. With a flat-top kabuki, 190, beautyblender...... It just doesn't give any coverage at all.

Love that foundation ABSOLUTELY!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation. I'm a bit of a foundation addict (always looking for something EVEN better) and this is my latest love. I went to get my make up done in MAC for a special occasion and the girl used this.
I have dry patches and oily patches on my skin. At first when this was put on I was worried- it's water so it looks so wet - but after its blended in the consistency changes and it looks great - neither matte nor glowing - just like skin! It is v easily blendable and the colour I was given - nw2 was a perfect match for me,.
I am going to buy a darker colour just for my legs as it's super at covering marks and veins - much better than tango tastic Sally Hansen.
The only thing I don't like is it REALLY doesn't last that long! I got the small bottle (20 something pounds) and it is half full after only a month's on-off use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by windycina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think there's a reason if make up artist from all around the world love this foundation: and the reason is the product is great. I love the fact that you can build your desired coverage, and I love that the more you work it the more it change. Light on the skin, it works brilliantly in different skins type (mine in combination). Stands all day, gives you a fresh natural complexion. Love it forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by LexlynT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When purchasing I wanted to buy the big bottle because you can really get the bang for your buck! But they didnt have it at this MAC counter. I switched from my Match master to this for the summer because I wanted a lighter coverage. I used my pro long wear concealer to cover blemishes. I really wanted to like this product but I have oily skin and it gave me a dewy finish. Has bad staying power so it's be cool if your going to the store and running errands and don't want a bare face. But I wouldn't wear it out or to work because it will come off so fast. If you have oily skin I would not recommend this product at all. I'm still searching for a lighter foundation but until then I will stick with MAC's match master

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xxhugzluvxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really was hoping this would be white enough for my skin tone. Nope. I'm extremely pale, and this didn't match. I'm disappointed. I love the packaging, and I love the formula. NC10 isn't light enough! I really wish it worked for me, because it was really expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I don't know why I waited so long to try this out. Its summer time and I wanted something other than a tinted moisturzer but I did not want a full foundation either. Face and body is exactly what I need for the summer and possibly winter months since it gives such a dewy finish. This foundation is sheer enough to conform to my ever changing skin shades. I can get super dark in the summer and quickley pale out once fall hits which means that I usually keep two foundations on hand ($$$). I ordered C3 in Spring when I was still a little pale, now I'm a few shades darker and C3 is still a perfet match! And its buildable! The best way to apply this foundation is with your fingers. I can't imagine any other way of applying it given the runny consitency. If you want more coverage just put on a second layer and you will acheive light-medium coverage that looks natural. The down side is the longivity of the foudantion. This stuff does not last all day, especially if you pair it with a moisturizer so you have to keep a powder with you for touch ups through out the day. I definalty recomened this foundation for people who have dry skin and are looking for a light wieght foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been waiting to review this because I didn't know how much I liked it overall. I use the lightest shade and applied it every day after my purchase, but in photos, I felt it made my skin look orange and artificial, kind of plastic-y. However, with summer here, I've tried Face and Body again, and I'm very happy, partially because I understand now how to apply it.

Previously I was using a brush or sponge to apply this product, and I've learned this just does not work for me. Now I pour some on the back of my hand then dab some on sections of my face and blend and pat with my fingertips. It's almost like rubbing in face lotion. The product begins to set and meld with the skin as it's rubbed in, and I make sure to pat certain areas very well to create an even finish.

I then apply Rimmel concealer under my eyes, followed by Mineralize Skinfinish only on my forehead, chin, and undereyes. This leaves most of my face looking dewy and natural, while shine is reduced on oilier areas.

I can blend powder blush over my cheeks without streaks on top of this makeup, and the overall finish throughout the day is dewy, radiant, and soft. My skin looks like skin, but better.

I am in my 30s and have clear skin, so women with acne or oily skin may not find this the best foundation for all-day wear. Lisa Eldridge and other makeup enthusiasts love this product, though, so I think it's worth trying out at least once to see if it's a good fit.