MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 7/19/2014 6:03:00 AM

I'm not a foundation person. After buying 2 or 3 drugstore foundations, and having them not work out, I decided to go to a MAC store just to get color matched and then use my color match to find a drug store foundation.

When I went to the store, the makeup artist discussed my skin with me, and had me feel various textures without showing me what foundations she was letting me feel. I liked the F & B the most, and she matched me to a C2. I took a sample and tried it out at home, and was totally amazed by how it seemed to just melt into my skin.

When I was shopping at the drugstore I made two major mistakes. I thought that since my main problem is large, dark pores on my nose, I have oily skin. So I kept going for matte finishes, which actually just got all chalky and caught up in the texture of the skin on my nose, and seemed to cause flakey dry skin around the edges to show up more. After that, I started going for BB and CC creams, but I kept buying them too light, so I would end up with these white looking pores instead of blackish looking ones. They also kept getting caught up in my dry skin.

Using F & B made me realize that even though I have large pores I actually have normal to dry skin. I also realized that I'm less fair skinned than I thought, and more yellowy-toned than I thought. I guess I was in denial, because C2 is really perfect for me, though we'll see how it transitions to my winter skin tone.

I went through two samples of the C2 before I made the plunge and bought the large size bottle. I also went through three or four drugstore products that didn't work for me in an attempt to save money. I *almost* exclusively use drugstore products, but in the case of foundation, doing so didn't save me any money, though I did learn quite a lot.

CONCLUSION: If you're like me, and your main skin problem is large visible pores, but you're relatively blemish free, and matte foundations have been failing you by emphasizing your dry skin or blending poorly, TRY THIS FOUNDATION. Same if you like a sheer coverage, natural finish with a little glow. Also if your face sweats a lot in the summer, like mine, this won't slide off easily. If you're a drugstore product girl who has a crazy amount of trouble finding a foundation, try the MAC store for some help and direction. If you don't want to splurge you can always get a sample and try to match your color and texture at the drug store.

However, if you have blemishes or like full to medium coverage, or if you have super oily skin, this probably isn't for you. Also if you don't like a glowing foundation, but prefer matte, definitely stay away. If you have sensitive skin, definitely try one or even two samples of the product before buying a whole bottle. Make sure it doesn't break you out.

on 7/12/2014 7:05:00 PM

I bought this in C1 as I am pretty fair. And although it matches my skin tone perfectly, I truly wish I had never bought it. After only three days of using, I ended up with a rash all over my face. Apparently allergic reactions to MAC foundations are common and I wish I had done some more research before spending my money on it. I stopped using the foundation immediately but it has taken over two week for my skin to go back to normal. I have no problems with other MAC products at all so there is something in their foundations that make people break out.

on 7/12/2014 11:10:00 AM

I'm fair (NC20) and I wear this is C1. I absolutely love this foundation! I have pretty good skin I.e not oily or prone to breakouts so all I want is something to even out skin tone which this does perfect while still letting my freckles show! I got the 120ml bottle and it lasted me AGES! Will definitely repurchase! Gives a lovely luminosity - like a good nights sleep in a bottle :)

on 7/11/2014 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is great stuff. Provides good coverage and an awesome dewy finish. The consistency is pretty runny just out the bottle, but when you rub it in it thickens up.

Great value.

The only minor problem is the color range. I'm an NC20 and wish they made a C1.5. I can't wear my bottle of C2 in the winter, but I'm loving it for summer, where despite my religious use of SPF, I get a little more tan and wear this with impunity.

on 7/10/2014 5:44:00 PM

After going thru TONS and TONS of foundations I think I have finally found my perfect one. I have a weird color complexion and everything looks pink or orange on me. I have a hard time getting anything to match, drugstore OR high end.
So after dealing with the rotten B at the MAC store I think I finally have a good one. I am normally a MAC NW20 and, and somehow I am a N3 in this stuff. I was freaking out that the sales associate gave me a color that was too dark, but it seems to work. I dont notice any nasty undertones in natural light, it goes well with my mineralize powder in Medium. I have tons of freckles and while not completely covering them, it does mute them. I have extremely dry skin (I live in Arizona) and I like to look and feel dewy- this does the trick. I dont put powder on my full face though, just under the eyes,,, which I cover the dark circles with the select cover up. It goes on like water... I use my fingers and leave dots on my face then use a big brush and buff it into my skin, it doesnt get patchy, or look uneven at all. By the end of the day in SOME spots it will look dry but I spray my Evian facial spray over it and it will be good again. Ive only had it for a week but I have never been so happy with a foundation.

on 7/10/2014 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have 2 shades (c3 and c5) and they were perfect for me all year round. But now that I live in Las Vegas, I'll need one more probably a c6 or c7. I looooove this foundation. I have oily skin, I use a primer (Pore-fessional or mac prep and prim skin base in natural radiance) and set with powder and I get a good 4-6 hours. And when the oil does take over, it's actually just a dewy finish I get. Nothing that blotting throughout the day can't handle. The wear is fantastic. The coverage is buildabble to medium. Unlike a tinted moisturizer, if you let this DRY BETWEEN LAYERS, the coverage is increased. This never gets Cakey and mask like. My suggestion is to get this on first, build up as much as you can and then go in with concealer and a beauty blender. Sometimes I'll even mix in a prolongwear concealer to get higher coverage in less time and mattefy a bit. And that works to even prolong the wear of the face and body in my tzone

on 7/9/2014 3:32:00 PM

What is the hype about this product?? I don't understand reviews sometimes...this product should not be called foundation it is most probably "tinted moisturizer" it didn't cover much, was soooo runny like water with some color in it, and it seems to break me out too!!! it's very very light though, I like that it doesn't seem cakey and actually makes my skin looks natural, but for people who needs some coverage it is not for them..the two lippies are for the natural, kind of dewey look that it gives, except that nothing is good about this foundation, cause it doesn't do what it says, to cover imperfection, if I really have good skin that doesn't need foundation I would not even wear anything...

I also read the review says that u have to be patient and try to rub it in...and I actually did, and honestly it was kind of true that it's settled into your skin seamlessly when u try to rub it in, it disappears into a thin layer that "try" to cover the imperfections, but still it doesn't work as well as other foundation, and since this give me clogged pores, it's a no-go...honestly I'm always scared of MAC product, they all seem to be too chemical and break my skin out.

on the other side, it's pretty cheap...it's a big bottle for only $35...but I would not spend my money on this since it doesn't do a great job of covering imperfections...

on 7/8/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have acne scarring, hyperpigmentation AND oily skin!!-- SO needless to say I stayed away from mac f&b for yearrrrsss...

Dewy finish you say?? Light cover?? Yeah, not for me so much.

I'm a big MAC fangirl, and over the years I've made my rounds through every foundation MAC has no offer with not much success..... every last one.

In a moment of "what the hell!" I decided to just go for it and ask for a sample of mac f&b. The SA tried to talk me into SFF, like they do everyyy timee.. a foundation I DESPISE (by the way), but I insisted on f&b and took it back home.

On first application I immediately dismissed it as a dewy tm with decidedly not nearly enough coverage for me.

Then I heard about online how when you keep rubbing the product "sets" on the skin and begins to cover... so for science I had to try it out again.

Now I'm hooked!

F&B is the weirdest product-- there really isn't anything quite like it.. It starts off as a really watery, slippery, light coverage base product. But as you rub it in it does this phenominal thing where it gets tacky and just sets--- sets itself over the skin like the thinnest TINSIEST latex like cover. I can't even explain it because it's so weird. It sets like with your skin-- leaving your skin to shine through-- yet also be perfected and covered over.

It's so amazing!!

Pros:
Blends seemless into the skin, does not sit on top of skin at all

Covers better than a tm. I would consider it closer to medium coverage even with only one layer (concealer still totally necessary for any red or pigmented marks, but surface discoloration does disappear with one layer)

Lots of product!! 1.7oz for $27

Travel friendly packaging, pretty sanitary as well

Does not break me out!!!! (Now, this isn't true for everyone. If you check cosdna this does have some irritants in it) but ymmv. For me this is actually an incredibly mild formula. I actually use this when something irritated my skin, and I'm waiting for it to calm down.

Refreshing to use!! (probably bc I keep mine in the fridge)

Cons:
This is super dewy-- i definitely set with powder, and need to blot midday. I prefer satin coverage

I wish there were more color options. MAC really isn't pale people friend IME. I'm "tanned" bw an nc15-nc20 now and C1 is matching pretty darn well! But I have a feeling I will have to pick up the white mix sometime late fall :/

All in all I am surprisedly in lurve with this stuff!!! I alternate bw this and UD naked skin, but this is my every day (i save skin for weekends and special occasions).
The oil control leaves something to be desired, but this is such a great every day foundation because I really don't look like I'm wearing makeup, I just look really nice and put together.

Oh, and I almost forgot more pros!!--- no ss, so I don't look pale in pics. This really does photograph so pretty!! Its definitely my skin just sooo much better. But again, if my skin is oily then it doesnt look so hot, so carrying blot powder around is definitely key w this one.

L-O-V-E
This foundation is at the least AMAZING, it covers all my blemishes and lasts forever.

My advice to anyone who bought this foundation and hated it on their face is to try putting it on your legs when you wear shorts or dresses. Gives them a slight sheen as well. I have keratosis bumps just above my knees plus visible pores near my ankles but MAC F&B blurs it out nicely. Great way to make use of what you thought was wasted money! I don't do it all the time but on days I want to look nicer. Since the consistancy of this foundation is so watery and sheer, you can't even tell you have makeup on your legs. Works especially well for all the pale ladies out there because nothing seems to bring out skin imperfections like pale skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials