September 30, 2014 | 1023 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Looked quite nice initially but after a few hours it looked horrible. It had settled into lines very badly and was way too oily (I had primed and powdered even though I'm not terribly oily). Definite 'no' from me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is a plastic bottle which is handy for travelling. I believe its a water base thus it has a runny consistency. It has a build able coverage, but the finish is great (still looks like skin). It does last for bout 8 hours with powder ( i live in a humid weather ). Would definitely repurchase it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by dodo4

I don't like it at all! It's sheer and it doesn't cover almost anything. You can build it up but personally I don't want spend the time to build the foundation.Furthermore, it's not appropriate for acne-prone or oily skin. It makes the skin seem greasy. It must be though good enough for dry skin. Definitely wouldn't spend the money on that again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is now my second review on this product. I cant remember what i said in my last review other than i liked it alot. I am now onto my third bottle in N2. Now i have done more research, tried alot of other foundations, tried this foundation in many different scenarios (winter, summer, work, night, events, daily) with other products (mac studio fix powder, mac mineralize powder, nars creamy concealer, mac and nars blush etc) and brushes (real techniques, beauty blender) and application techniques (thin, layered, finger application, sponge, brush) and in comparison to every foundation i have tried this is by far the best looking one. It makes my skin glow. It doesnt look like makeup, just my skin but better! And it lasts all day with out creasing or moving with out the need for a primer or powder. Yesterday for example i had on loreal true match and it made me look weird and patchy. I had this on today for a 9.5hr shift in hospitality and it looked so natural and was so fuss free i didnt need to touch up or even think about my makeup. I have pimples on my chin and to cover i just put a second layer on. The more you blend this product into the skin the better it gets. You can apply it any way you want and it still ends up looking great. Seriously i think this is my HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Light and natural looking
-Doesn't feel heavy on the skin
-Sheer but buildable
-Won't accentuate dry skin
-Reasonable price for the product amount
-Long wearing

Cons:
-Can look shiny or greasy
-Won't cover darker skin unevenness (such as deep acne scarring)

Overall:
I bought the 120ml/4.0 fl oz bottle in C2, I love how much you get for the price. This is my favorite sheer-medium coverage foundation. The formula is watery and that makes it difficult to figure out the most practical way to apply this. I would say using a foundation brush, a stippling brush or your fingers (rather than a sponge) would be the best ways to apply this. As you're applying this it gets thicker while it sets. This foundation has buildable coverage, but it doesn't cover up my uneven skin tone. On my skin this looks and feels light and natural. It didn't clog my pores or break me out, and made my dry skin look nice a hydrated. It can look a little shiny or even greasy though, but that can easily be fixed with a light dusting of powder. I will definitely repurchase this for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I like this since I don't want to wear heavy foundations on my face on daily basis.
i have this in C2 for my NW25 skin.
it could be a bit shiny when applied, I dust some powder to finish it.
it is comfortable to wear, doesn't break me out.
the size and the price is reasonable, I would prob buy this again.
Comparing to LM tinted moisturizer, this is more liquidy, but the coverage is similar, I use powder to finish both.
LM is too pricy, so I would stick to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by aneezy

I purchased C3 summer 2012 and it was perfect for my Asian tanned skin. Fast forward to present day, i can honestly say you really get your money's worth! I'm not a big fan of layering my skin with a lot of products so a little bit of this goes a long way. The water based consistency is what i love the most because my skin is super dry and sometimes when i'm too lazy to put moisturizer first, this foundation works just fine (plus concealer for my under eyes, of course). The coverage is very light so if you're looking for a heavy duty make up, this is not for you.
Right now my skin isn't as tanned as i was in the summer, so i mix a little bit of this with my L'occitane bb cream in light (good for beige and pink undertone, both of which im not) to achieve the yellow-ness in my skin

However, I don't recommend this for those with oily skin and/or if you prefer a matte finish. I also don't recommend layering Face and Body with a setting powder, especially for dry skin, it just ends up looking flaky. Leave it as it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cssalgueiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation but don't find it to be to everyone. Firstly you have to have decent skin to wear it as it doesn't cover blemishes or dark circles very well. You can layer it and it does cover more (I always appply two layers) but I find there's a limit to doing this. I would say this had light to medium coverage. So this is a foundation I only wear when I feel good about my skin.
The other thing is that this it is very dewy so if you don't powder it a little bit you'll be oily in no time, specially if the weather is humid. I have normal to combination skin and usually powder it with Mac prep and prime powder and I still get a little bit oily at the end of the day. It's nothing major but I would imagine it being a lot worse on oily skin. Having said this, if you apply a stronger matifying powder like mac blot powder, it should hold much better and someone with oily skin could probably get away with this.

The pro is that even with a bit of powder my skin looks like satin and you get this really beautiful glow. I think it's a special product, really good for the summer, VERY invisible and looks really natural, but not for everyone.
The only way you could know for sure is to try it and wear it for a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a foundation dramatically different to any other you will try-- the consistency is something you will have to get used to. Face & Body is water-based and therefore is the runniest foundation I have ever used in my life. When I squirt out the product onto my hand prior to application, if my hand is at a tilt, it will run down my hand and drip on my clothes/the floor.

If the consistency doesn't bother you, it is a wonderful, natural foundation. This foundation doesn't cover much at all, but it is perfect for evening out your skin tone without looking like you have pounds of makeup on.

For reference, I wear this with concealer and MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural on top to conceal further and make it appear less oily. Yes, without a setting powder, this foundation does tend to look a little oily. In fact, even with the setting powder, my skin still has a very "glowing" look to it. This doesn't bother me, but oily skin tones, beware!

In my opinion, the only foundations worth it from mac are this one and the Skinfinish Natural; both of them I use on a daily basis. These are my own opinions as I do not care for heavy foundation in any respects. If you do care for a more full coverage look, I would ask the MAC Makeup Artists or look at another brand.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok there are a few things I really like and dislike about the product:Pros: Good value for the price, its about $30, but the bottle is really huge! Buildable coverage, wide variety of colors. It gives off a sheer and dewy, natural looking finish. Kind of like a tinted moisturizer. It didn't clog my pores or cause a breakout. Cons: texture is a little bit runny, but thats probably why it never feels cakey. The bottle has a crap design. The plastic looks cheap and design is poor.