December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - The Righteous Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! Makes my skin buttery soft. It just glides on and lasts all day. I love the scent as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jennawen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does anyone know where you can buy Eau de Soap and Glory and Glam-a-lot body spray in the U.S.? Any websites that ship to the U.S. that you may know of would help. Boots.com and Harvey Nichols are not currently shipping to the U.S. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by skinnyjean

This was given to me as a gift but now I am addicted! I love the texture and leaves my body moisturised throughout the London winter. I also adore the scent and its staying power. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find this product when I'm back in Sydney.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this body butter!! It smells similar to Miss Dior Cherie, which is the only perfume I love and re-buy over and over. If you don't care for strong scents this may not be the one for you. It is VERY moisturizing, and for the record, Flake Away (the S & G exfoliant) smells the same. On the days I will be wearing Miss D, I use Flake Away, followed by RB then Miss D, and the compliments come all day long! Not a shy scent, and many say it's very young, but I don't care! I'm 41 and just plain LOOOOOVE the smell of all these products!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by scarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best body butter I have ever tried. NOt greasy, smells amazing and makes my skin so so so soft. Even better Boots often have special deals on it over here in IReland

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore this body butter so much! It smells absolutely amazing, as all Soap & Glory products do. It has what I consider the "classic" S&G fragrance that nearly all the pink products have. It's like Strawberries & Champagne, and reminds me a bit of Miss Dior Cherie. Not the same of course, but I get a faint reminder. It is a strong scent, but it will stay with you all day! I think this is probably a deal breaker for some, but it's like a perfume. Why buy it if you don't like the way it smells, KWIM?

This body butter is moisturizing, non-sticky or greasy, and goes on like a dream. I often use it after using S&G body wash and follow with the Flirtigo body spray (I think it's called "Girligo" in the US). I got addicted to S&G products while living in the UK, and I'm so happy that you can now purchase them at Target!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought The Righteous Butter Body Lotion, and here are my thoughts:

O.M.G! This stuff REEKS! I guess if you like overly-strong scents or perfumes, or have a weak sense of smell, you might disagree with me. This is probably the same Righteous Butter that Soap & Glory sell in a tub, but this one comes in a pump bottle. The only reason I generously rated this a "2" is because the body butter lotion itself is fantastic! It moisturized my legs without making them tacky, sticky, gooey, slimy or slippery. My skin was just uber, buttery soft! But why, oh why, did Marcia Kilgore have to destroy this marvelous creation filled with magnificent ingredients by adding the most putrid, sinus-stinging scent to it? Good Lord! I just can't bring myself to wear this lotion ever again, because I found the scent (well to me, "odor") too strong & disagreeable for my taste! I couldn't get the stinging out of my nostrils all evening, and it even soured my mood. My jeans reeked of this stuff to high heaven when I took them off, so straight to the washer they went! I will never pump another drop of this pungent lotion onto any part of my skin again, so back to Target it goes!

I just wonder.... why, oh why, couldn't Marcia Kilgore choose a coconut scent? Vanilla? Even lemon? Something irresistibly delicious or sensual? Why go with a scent that could drive one to the brink of insanity, because it doesn't fade or wane until you jump in a hot shower and scrub it off? Such a waste of a great lotion! If only she made this in an "unscented" version.... I would buy it by the gallon!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ferrarihotbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

I picked this up when I was in Phuket. The salty sea water didn't do much good to my skin and I needed a good body lotion. This smells really good and does the job even better. Glides on smoothly, great for massaging legs with.

Didn't like the packaging too much. Wish that it had a pump instead ~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love to slather this on right out of the shower...not only does it smell GREAT, but it moisturizes superbly. I pair it with Miss Dior Cherie perfume, because they smell the same, and it lasts all day. Can feel heavy in the summer time, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by jad3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fab body moisturiser! I always apply this after giving my body a good scrub (usually with S&G's Flake Away). It sinks in nicely into the skin, although it will take a few minutes because of its thicker than normal lotions (its a body butter after all). Love the smell, can be too strong for those sensitive noses though. It's a good buy especially when there are offers at boots!