Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter

4.3

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Geraniol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Glyceryl lymethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Hydroxide, BHT, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Disodium Edta, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil

on 10/22/2009 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I will be honest and admit that I have usually avoided S&G products purely for their packaging. I'm not keen on the innuendo names or cheesy pictures so ignorantly assumed the products were not a good quality (because in the UK they are not considered 'cheap' at 9.00 but certainly not the most expensive around).

I am now converted after trying some of the mini sized products including the body butter. The smell is lovely. A very sweet sugar smell (but not in a teenager way) and it really does soak into my skin well and surprisingly quickly. A lot of other butters sort of leave a film that stays for a while but this leaves my skin soft and dry after about 10 minutes. I have been using it for about two weeks after the Clean on Me wash and Flake Away scrub and my skin really is very soft. I'm even considering the Eau de S&G for the finishing touch to keep the scent all day.

I would reccommend trying the mini sizes first and if you like really sweet and strong scents you will like this range. Give it a try - I'm glad I did.

Love this stuff! Makes my skin buttery soft. It just glides on and lasts all day. I love the scent as well!

on 10/16/2009 8:08:00 PM

Does anyone know where you can buy Eau de Soap and Glory and Glam-a-lot body spray in the U.S.? Any websites that ship to the U.S. that you may know of would help. Boots.com and Harvey Nichols are not currently shipping to the U.S. :(

on 10/12/2009 7:22:00 PM

This was given to me as a gift but now I am addicted! I love the texture and leaves my body moisturised throughout the London winter. I also adore the scent and its staying power. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find this product when I'm back in Sydney.

on 10/5/2009 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Love this body butter!! It smells similar to Miss Dior Cherie, which is the only perfume I love and re-buy over and over. If you don't care for strong scents this may not be the one for you. It is VERY moisturizing, and for the record, Flake Away (the S & G exfoliant) smells the same. On the days I will be wearing Miss D, I use Flake Away, followed by RB then Miss D, and the compliments come all day long! Not a shy scent, and many say it's very young, but I don't care! I'm 41 and just plain LOOOOOVE the smell of all these products!!

on 9/29/2009 4:45:00 PM

Best body butter I have ever tried. NOt greasy, smells amazing and makes my skin so so so soft. Even better Boots often have special deals on it over here in IReland

on 9/27/2009 1:29:00 PM

I adore this body butter so much! It smells absolutely amazing, as all Soap & Glory products do. It has what I consider the "classic" S&G fragrance that nearly all the pink products have. It's like Strawberries & Champagne, and reminds me a bit of Miss Dior Cherie. Not the same of course, but I get a faint reminder. It is a strong scent, but it will stay with you all day! I think this is probably a deal breaker for some, but it's like a perfume. Why buy it if you don't like the way it smells, KWIM?

This body butter is moisturizing, non-sticky or greasy, and goes on like a dream. I often use it after using S&G body wash and follow with the Flirtigo body spray (I think it's called "Girligo" in the US). I got addicted to S&G products while living in the UK, and I'm so happy that you can now purchase them at Target!

on 9/27/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought The Righteous Butter Body Lotion, and here are my thoughts:

O.M.G! This stuff REEKS! I guess if you like overly-strong scents or perfumes, or have a weak sense of smell, you might disagree with me. This is probably the same Righteous Butter that Soap & Glory sell in a tub, but this one comes in a pump bottle. The only reason I generously rated this a "2" is because the body butter lotion itself is fantastic! It moisturized my legs without making them tacky, sticky, gooey, slimy or slippery. My skin was just uber, buttery soft! But why, oh why, did Marcia Kilgore have to destroy this marvelous creation filled with magnificent ingredients by adding the most putrid, sinus-stinging scent to it? Good Lord! I just can't bring myself to wear this lotion ever again, because I found the scent (well to me, "odor") too strong & disagreeable for my taste! I couldn't get the stinging out of my nostrils all evening, and it even soured my mood. My jeans reeked of this stuff to high heaven when I took them off, so straight to the washer they went! I will never pump another drop of this pungent lotion onto any part of my skin again, so back to Target it goes!

I just wonder.... why, oh why, couldn't Marcia Kilgore choose a coconut scent? Vanilla? Even lemon? Something irresistibly delicious or sensual? Why go with a scent that could drive one to the brink of insanity, because it doesn't fade or wane until you jump in a hot shower and scrub it off? Such a waste of a great lotion! If only she made this in an "unscented" version.... I would buy it by the gallon!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I picked this up when I was in Phuket. The salty sea water didn't do much good to my skin and I needed a good body lotion. This smells really good and does the job even better. Glides on smoothly, great for massaging legs with.

Didn't like the packaging too much. Wish that it had a pump instead ~

on 9/21/2009 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love to slather this on right out of the shower...not only does it smell GREAT, but it moisturizes superbly. I pair it with Miss Dior Cherie perfume, because they smell the same, and it lasts all day. Can feel heavy in the summer time, but worth it.