Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 10/7/2011 6:10:00 PM

When I went in search of a primer I wanted it to give a smooth canvas for foundation, not feel heavy, control oil, and last all day. This primer does it all. It is expensive, which is it's only downfall... but for what it does, it's worth it. I have tried other smashbox primers and they didn't control oil, although they definitely give a smooth finish. I also have tried Urban Decay's primer "de-slick" I think it's called, and I was not impressed. The Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer is a definite must have for me. I'm so happy I found it because I'm doing my own makeup for my wedding coming up and this definitely gives me more confidence knowing my makeup will look great and last all night!

on 9/20/2011 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for an silicone-free primer at Sephora and a salesgirl recommended this (even though it's not silicone-free but it's supposedly good for oily skin) and I got a sample to try. I love the velvety texture it leaves on my face but I don't find that it keeps my foundation on my face any longer and my T-zone still gets really oily throughout the day.

on 9/10/2011 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This primer is a MUST HAVE for combination oily skin. The ingredients are different from the regular clear primer that Smashbox has and I have found that this one does not break me out. It provides a matte finish after you apply your moisturizer and keeps makeup at bay throughout the day. The makeup doesn't seep into skin because the primer is like a barrier so makeup lasts longer. It does what it says and is great... expensive but it works!

on 8/30/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this as an impulse buy on my way to the Sephora register. The $17 sample size was perfect to try and make a decent judgment. I have been using this product for 2 months and can confidently say that it has made a permanent step in my foundation routine. I still have plenty of product left over even though the sample size is just 0.5 fluid oz. I found that it only takes a small amount to cover the areas that I can be oily (forehead, nose, and chin).
My routine is as follows: proactiv repairing treatment on my chin and forehead, then proactiv oil-free moisturizer, then SMASHBOX Photo Finish Light Primer (oil-free). Then i stipple my Mac Pro longwear foundation over. The primer allows for a much smoother application of the foundation. It does aid in controlling my oilies as well. It provides a smooth canvas for my foundation.

on 8/15/2011 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skintype: OILY and Acne-prone.
Pros:
-DOESNT cause breakouts!
-CONTROLS oily skin
-a little goes a long way
-light and non-greasy feeling
Cons:
-PRICEY

This primer does wonders for my very oily acne prone skin. It's worth the money!

on 8/4/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this primer for my skin. My only beef with it is that it takes me two pumps to cover my small face rather than one that the regular primer covers. It feels so fresh on my skin and makes an incredible difference in pore size, makeup wear and oilyness. It has a cult following for a reason!

on 8/1/2011 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the only product that I would buy over and over again. I've bought it three times the past year. It really makes my face a clean slate, and makes my skin balanced and velvety. It's expensive, yet I recommend it. I usually just buy the small ones that come in tubes and then refill my bottle.

on 7/31/2011 8:53:00 PM

I really like this product! It makes my foundation go on super smoothly. I used the regular photo finish but didn't like it. The only problem that I have with this is how expensive it is! I don't think you get enough product for your money :(

on 7/21/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have only used this a handful of times because my skin is extremely temperamental and I don't like taking risks... but I LOVE the way my skin looks/ fells when I use it!! I only use it when I know I have a long day ahead of me and I want my make up to stick in place. I haven' t experienced any breakouts from using it but I usually only use it once or twice a week. (some of the other reviews for this product made me paranoid!!) Overall it is an excellent product and delivers a smooth canvas for makeup application!! I LOVE the packaging, its so easy to use and is neat and clean. I'll repurchase when I run out, but that probably won't be for awhile!! =)

on 7/11/2011 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Since I'm on my third bottle of this Photo Finish Light Primer, then I guess I can say that this is my HG item! :) I was very unexpected to see such low rating here on MUA. I absolutely LOVE this product and really, the only bad thing I can say about it is the price. It is expensive but it really really is worth it (I believe it's somewhere between 50-55 CDN). I've used a couple of primers from Benefit (Porefessional and Dr. FeelGood) and Lancome's La Pro Base Primer, and NONE of those come close to this primer. It excels in oil control, keeps my face smooth, doesn't break me out and I love the light, lotion-like texture (I personally hate the heavyness silicon based primers feel on my skin). I don't think I'll ever purchase another primer. I highly higly highly recommend this :)