St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea butter

4.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Avena Sativa (Oat) Meal Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Carbomer, Parfum, Triethanolamine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Glucoside, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Red 33, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

I love this stuff. I used some of a friends and just had to buy some I love it. It dont make me itch or anything. I love the smell to. It helps my dry skin and hands. I will def buy more

on 2/25/2010 11:57:00 PM

This is aweful ! Its supposed to be to calm and soothe dry skin , and it did nothing for my skin . It made it itchy and dry . I really try to love St.Ives products but just doesnt happen .. Will never buy this again and St.Ives products period

on 2/16/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really love the St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter moisturizer - as a body moisturizer only (I should point out). It absorbs so nicely into your skin, leaves it feeling soothed and moisturized. The scent is nice too, not too overpowering. I cannot use the Vaseline Shea lotion that so many reviewers have preferred, I don't find it absorbs well and I don't like their use of petroleum.
But St. Ives is natural, doesn't test on animals and has a great ingredient list. Love!

This is a good basic body lotion if your on the go and need to absorb quickly. It also mixes well with any of the "glow" products to eliminate streaking. This is what I use it for, have L'Oreal Sublime Glow, half this lotion - works like a charm. However, for real moisturizing I turn to cocoa butter...

on 11/27/2009 7:02:00 PM

Tried to get a cheaper version of my Aveeno Oatmeal lotion for budgeting reasons. Wow, this is awful! It makes me itchy - even on my hands. Plus, I do not feel moisterized either. Pretty scent, though...

on 11/15/2009 8:10:00 PM

Sorry St. Ives, I am a big cosmetic snob and felt that because this product is so cheap, it was 'beneath' me and inferior to other more costly products. I ignored you for a long time. So when my daughter brought home a big bottle of this stuff, I totally disregarded it for at least a month. One day, I read the ingredients label and was impressed with all the good stuff, like sodium PCA, oat, shea, aloe, chamomile and vitamin E. So I gave it a try. This stuff is really good. Effective but not greasy, and soothes my dry skin itch. The next time, I enriched it by adding a few drops of avocado oil. That made it even better! This recession is hitting us all and I would rather use my spare $$ for other things than expensive lotions and potions.

on 11/14/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This lotion kept my legs moisturized all day long. I don't get the other reviews about the scent. It didn't change to a "chemical" like scent on my skin at all. (bad batch maybe??) The oatmeal /shea scent was very comforting and didn't overpower or interfere with my perfume at all. Very pleased w/ my purchase.

on 11/11/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Tried this for the first time when my sister came to visit and I fell in love! The texture is so creamy and really moisturizes my skin and the smell is so sweet and heavenly. I might branch out and try the other scents. I have repurchased twice already. Highly recommend.

on 9/22/2009 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product. I am a HUGE fan of the body wash, so I thought this was going to be pretty good too. No. Not at all. The scent is OK at first, didn't notice anything off about it like other reviewers have mentioned. The thing that bothers me the most is that it doesn't moisturize at all. I mean, it works... and it's really nice for about 5 minutes... then I have to go right back to the bottle and apply more. It's a never ended process. The lotion is pretty thin too... I kind of got spoiled by the Vaseline cocoa butter and wanted to try something new. If you don't have dry skin, this would probably make a good product for you.

on 9/16/2009 3:59:00 PM

I'm not too crazy about this one...got it initially because in the sticky nasty humid summer here I have to shower few times a day and my skin gets pretty irritated. And upon sniffing it in the store, I really liked the scent of it so I gave it a go.
But, it doesn't moisturize that well, it mostly just sits on top of my skin, and the scent turns into some chemical nastiness:-S
It is good after shaving tho, it does soothe the skin pretty good. But I'm definitely not buying it again, Jergens works so much better for the same price.