September 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by loubylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of two fragrances I wear out in the evening. The other is 'Chance' by Chanel. When I'm feeling giggly and cuddly I reach for 'Chance'. When I'm feeling dangerous and sexy, this is my new HG.
The sharper and muskier scents have been blended wonderfully, and have been tempered by something just a little sweet to keep it from being a fragrance that stomps about all over the place. I thought my boyfriend would hate it (younger guys tend to dislike stronger smells and we're 21), but as soon as I spray it on I get "mmm, that smells reaaally good...". I don't know if it's because Dior placed ingredients that are tradiotionally base notes as top notes, but this scent only changes a little througout the drydown.
The bottle is great too - I can sling it in my bag and not worry about cracks or spillages.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by coral

I love this! Having tried all the poisons and finding them headachey and unwearable this was a revalation. It goes slightly sharp on me anf the d/d is a bit aniseedy but it lasts on my skin for ages ans is so sexy. I am buying in bulk in case they take this one off as this is what usually happens to the more unusual scets.

love
kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(EDP)This is just okay for me. I was hoping for a much better first impression, but it just was not there. It first reminded me of Pleasures Delight, which I do not like... after that phase faded, it began to imitate Dune a bit, underneath... then it became this 'okay' kind of scent that, I freely admit, I am far too inexperienced to describe adequately. I mean, I can describe basic scents, but this.... I don't know. It wasn't bad at all, but I was not exactly swooning, either. At least it did not 'turn' on me - very few Diors do, actually. The rose is buried, it's there but I can hardly detect it. This might just be one of those scents I have to revisit a few times before I get it in the right perspective. I love the bottle, and I am deeply relieved that it is not weirdly coated with rubbery paint like the bottle for HP is. The final verdict is yet to be determined, though I selected the option of 'would repurchase'. Will update.
UPDATE: Way too average, unflattering hodgepodge. Changed my rating to a 2. No sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by amberjade21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very surprised but I LOVE this fragrance! I am not a fan of any of the other poisons but this one has blown me away. The notes are patchouli, amber (an aphrodisiac!!) and rose - a combination which did not appeal to my fresh/citrus tastes...but I was attending an autumn fragrance launch and this one was sprayed on our wrists as we entered the room. I am so glad that it was as I would never have tried it otherwise - the first rush of patchouli dies away pretty fast and leaves a very sexy, warm, rich amber and rose base which smells divine. We were lucky enough to receive a bottle of this as a free gift and I have been wearing it since and receiving many compliments (which doesn't often happen with a fragrance). We were told that Dior has a new perfumer who has turned traditional perfumery upside down by making the heart and base notes the most prominent and strong (which i think is why I like this one so much but it also makes a lot of sense as most perfumes concentrate on the top notes - but they always fade so quickly!) Anyway, this is going to be my autumn/winter fragrance (maybe it's too strong for summer)and I will definitely repurchase this and the matching body lotion which replicates the perfume's scent exactly! p.s. i'm not smelling the similarity to Angel at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm waiting and waiting for the autumn to arrive, so that I can start wearing Midnight Poision regularly. It just feels right for fall: on my skin, I can smell soft patchouli, smooth amber, a breath of dark rose, and just a very subtle dash of vanilla. I'm not a fan of Hypnotic Poison or Pure Poison, but Midnight Poison is a sophisticated woods scent with just enough sweetness. I loved the bottle and the advertisements (print and tv) with Eva Green when I saw them, and I was delighted to find that I also love the fragrance. Isn't it wonderful when all the elements of a perfume come together like that? (Added: If you like CK Euphoria, give Midnight Poision a try.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ddpanda

I've had a bottle of this for a few weeks now and have been periodically trying it out. I've tried it on very hot days and then again on days that are cooler, figuring the notes would wear differently. There really isn't anything bad I can say about it - it IS a really nice fragrance - but just not for me. The initial spray smells quite a bit like Angel but it doesn't stay that way. The dry down on me is really nice, close to the skin and warm - the patchouli is not overpowering because the amber softens it. I did not find this scent cloying or synthetic. However, there is a note in the dry down that makes it smell too masculine for my tastes. It reminds me of a blend of Addict and Dune - both of which smell really great but I do not own because they don't suit my taste. I still prefer Hypnotic Poison, Dolce Vita and the original Poison. MP wears very well on my skin and I can smell it hours later. So it really is too bad I didn't fall in love with it. It really worked so well with my chemistry. Sadly, I finally decided to returned this perfume tonight to Sephora. I know my review is not very descriptive but I just had to add it because I think anyone who likes Dior fragrances or deeper, stronger, more seductive masculine fragrances should definitely sample this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by biker

Just ordered this from sephora unsniffed...actually it turned out pretty bad. I read where it was compared to Angel (one of my favorite perfumes!) and I dont see it?! The bottle is just like Hypnotic Poisons but a deep dark blue and its glass, the caps the same as is the gold writing on the front. First spray is kinda strong at first smells a little like trouble...then fades to a sweet mellow amber/vanilla smell. After a few hours sadly..I cant smell this. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am pleasantly surprised by this one. i really love it, especially the drydown! DH also loved this on me (he liked hypnotic posion too but it got too sweet on me for my liking) I can see this becoming a favorite of mine..after a few hours it has become a part of my skin..nothing sharp or powdery about it..very sexy smell. I am not great at dissecting perfumes and their notes etc but i will say that i am a fan of this, but was not a fan of Angel (i don't get the similarity at all actually?) My other favorites are Dior Dune, Dior Addict, NR for Her EDT, Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MissTwidge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this as Hypnotic Poison is my everyday perfume, and reveiwers had compared this to Thierry Mugler "Angel", which is another favorite of mine.
Sadly, at first whiff I was transported to my grandmother's funeral- powdery, old lady-ish, and just depressing. After a few hours, Midnight Poison dried down to a bad imitation of Narciso Rodriguez.
Very disappointed...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by cupcakes1

ok, This is it! this fragrance is absolutely beautiful! it resembles Angel by Thierry Mugler. but not as strong, it is as it's name implies. For me it's sexy, alluring & mysterious - my husband co-workers & friends even strangers on the street absolutely love this scent. I hope they make body products for this!