October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Lisainsf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am now disenchanted with Paint Pots. The main reason is that they are so opaque, and I do not like opaque shadows during the daytime. Indianwood is a lovely shimmery bronze-gold. If you are looking for a very warm metallic bronze color that won't smear or fade, this is the product. I much prefer Shiseido Hydro Powder in Shimmering Sand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ilikenicestuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Wore this in 102 degree weather. At the end of the day and after much rubbing of my eyes, this stuff was still there! Didnt budge or crease (wore it alone with eyeliner). HG status... Whoo Hoo....

HEAVEN!!! Easy to apply and blend. Use alone with liquid eyeliner or as a base. When the MA first picked it up, I was like ummmm, no! I went to MAC to have them help me figure out how to use a blue eyeshadow without it screaming hooker, and she used this as a base, Sable and Embark in my crease and Moon's Reflection as a highlight and half crease with I forget what on my brow line. Loved it.

I played with it and used it as a base with Mutiny pigment on the lid (indianwood dulled it down a bit) and Embark in the crease (Sable is on my wishlist), black liquid liner, I must say simply smashing.

Gonna try out the paints first before investing in more of these. I want to swish n go, but have to use a brush since I have midlength nails. But love it none the less!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I really love the color of this eyeshadow and it is really creamy and easy to apply. It tends to crease throughout the day but I'm ok with that because the color is so great. I want to collect more colors. I don't really like the pot packaging either, I wish it was a pump or something but I will make do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I must add to the glowing reviews for MAC Paint Pots. I have two(Indianwood and Greenstroke) and use them regularly. MAC did their homework when they developed this product. Paint Pots can be used alone as a wash on the lids or as a base under your other eyeshadows. For now, I'm reviewing Indianwood which shows up as bronzey slight metallic shade on my GGG skin. Another MUAer recommended that I get Indianwood to use as a base under gold or brown toned eyeshadows to give it that extra oomph and ladies it really does!! I don't even mind the fact that these come in pots since I'm really impressed with the texture and I love that Paint Pots don't crease on my oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love paint pots, and I wrote more about them in other reviews so this one is just for the colour. Even though this is a beautiful colour it just doesn't seem to be the best for me. First off I have pretty dark skin and lids, NC30. So Indianwood just shows up too light for me, it's practically the same colour as my stupidly tanned skin so it just disappears into it and you can't really see any colour, just shimmer like a colourless sheen on the eyelid. So I suppose it would probably work as a nude base for underneath other eye shadows, but it doesn't really work for me if I want COLOUR! = UPDATE = After reading about people using some PP as a base for other eyeshadows I thought I'd try this as a base, sorry, it just didn't work for me, which is a pity because the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I have other PP and they are all FANTASTIC. Just this one didn't work, maybe I got a bad, dried-out pot. It just creases and cracks on me like old paint does (well, it IS a paint lol). That doesn't happen with any of the other PP that I have, so I know it's this particular one, and not all PP in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I typically have to stick to colors in the 'cool' spectrum, but this goes on as an absolutely gorgeous gold tone. What you see in the pot is what you'll get on your lids. I apply mine as eyeliner with a tiny brush as liquid/cream shadows have a tendency to transfer to my upper lids. It's beautiful and I have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by clamster

The first time using paint pots they are dry but once you break the top layer or shell these are super soft and creamy! I love indianwood because it brings out e/s colors really well and it doesn't crease. I am a NC40(studiofix powder) and this is on the darker side, makes a pretty e/s color alone. Nice formula and color, would definately repurchase, however there is a ton product in the glass jar, I probably won't have too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Don't know what I was thinking the first time I wrote my review on this Paint Pot! This color is horrid on my NW20 lids! Appears as a medium-orange-brown and is totally unflattering on me. Gorgeous in the pot, though! Looks like a pretty, shimmery, antique bronze. If it appeared that way on my lids, this might have been a keeper. The only use I have for this Paint Pot now is for use as a Back2MAC...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On me, Indianwood is a tan-gold or light brown. Very close to MAC 'Gold Mode' pigment. Disappointed. I was looking for a bronze or copper tainted gold similar to MAC 'Bamboo' paint. OK as base under dark golden to deep bronze pigments. The quality of the product is wonderful. Very smooth texture. Packaging more better than MAC paints. Dries quickly too. L'Oreal HIP 'Commanding' Paint is what I call "metallic antique bronze". (DDD NW45ish or HIP820)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Gorgeous shimmery bronzed gold. Very well pigmented! Soft, smooth, creamy texture. Definitely budgeproof, even on my oily lids. The shade works great with my coloring (AAB/NC25), but it's a bit too metallic or brassy for my taste - it's just too bold and pigmented for conservative ol' me :)

Comparisons - Lasts on my lids through the day, just like Fluidlines. Creamier than Fluidlines and takes a little longer to dry - so, more time to work with. Side by side with Brassy Fluidline, Brassy is definitely more golden and Indianwood is slightly deeper and more bronzy/brown. Richer pigmentation than Shiseido Hydropowder eyeshadow in Tiger Eye. More golden/bronze than Lola Socialeyes gel eye colour in Bora Bora; Bora Bora is more brown.

Packaging - Round glass jar with domed black lid, like Fluidlines jars but wider.

Overall - Great line of cream shadow, but this shade packs more oomph than I can handle :) continued >>