April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I must add to the glowing reviews for MAC Paint Pots. I have two(Indianwood and Greenstroke) and use them regularly. MAC did their homework when they developed this product. Paint Pots can be used alone as a wash on the lids or as a base under your other eyeshadows. For now, I'm reviewing Indianwood which shows up as bronzey slight metallic shade on my GGG skin. Another MUAer recommended that I get Indianwood to use as a base under gold or brown toned eyeshadows to give it that extra oomph and ladies it really does!! I don't even mind the fact that these come in pots since I'm really impressed with the texture and I love that Paint Pots don't crease on my oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love paint pots, and I wrote more about them in other reviews so this one is just for the colour. Even though this is a beautiful colour it just doesn't seem to be the best for me. First off I have pretty dark skin and lids, NC30. So Indianwood just shows up too light for me, it's practically the same colour as my stupidly tanned skin so it just disappears into it and you can't really see any colour, just shimmer like a colourless sheen on the eyelid. So I suppose it would probably work as a nude base for underneath other eye shadows, but it doesn't really work for me if I want COLOUR! = UPDATE = After reading about people using some PP as a base for other eyeshadows I thought I'd try this as a base, sorry, it just didn't work for me, which is a pity because the colour is absolutely gorgeous. I have other PP and they are all FANTASTIC. Just this one didn't work, maybe I got a bad, dried-out pot. It just creases and cracks on me like old paint does (well, it IS a paint lol). That doesn't happen with any of the other PP that I have, so I know it's this particular one, and not all PP in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I typically have to stick to colors in the 'cool' spectrum, but this goes on as an absolutely gorgeous gold tone. What you see in the pot is what you'll get on your lids. I apply mine as eyeliner with a tiny brush as liquid/cream shadows have a tendency to transfer to my upper lids. It's beautiful and I have no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by clamster

The first time using paint pots they are dry but once you break the top layer or shell these are super soft and creamy! I love indianwood because it brings out e/s colors really well and it doesn't crease. I am a NC40(studiofix powder) and this is on the darker side, makes a pretty e/s color alone. Nice formula and color, would definately repurchase, however there is a ton product in the glass jar, I probably won't have too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Don't know what I was thinking the first time I wrote my review on this Paint Pot! This color is horrid on my NW20 lids! Appears as a medium-orange-brown and is totally unflattering on me. Gorgeous in the pot, though! Looks like a pretty, shimmery, antique bronze. If it appeared that way on my lids, this might have been a keeper. The only use I have for this Paint Pot now is for use as a Back2MAC...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On me, Indianwood is a tan-gold or light brown. Very close to MAC 'Gold Mode' pigment. Disappointed. I was looking for a bronze or copper tainted gold similar to MAC 'Bamboo' paint. OK as base under dark golden to deep bronze pigments. The quality of the product is wonderful. Very smooth texture. Packaging more better than MAC paints. Dries quickly too. L'Oreal HIP 'Commanding' Paint is what I call "metallic antique bronze". (DDD NW45ish or HIP820)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Gorgeous shimmery bronzed gold. Very well pigmented! Soft, smooth, creamy texture. Definitely budgeproof, even on my oily lids. The shade works great with my coloring (AAB/NC25), but it's a bit too metallic or brassy for my taste - it's just too bold and pigmented for conservative ol' me :)

Comparisons - Lasts on my lids through the day, just like Fluidlines. Creamier than Fluidlines and takes a little longer to dry - so, more time to work with. Side by side with Brassy Fluidline, Brassy is definitely more golden and Indianwood is slightly deeper and more bronzy/brown. Richer pigmentation than Shiseido Hydropowder eyeshadow in Tiger Eye. More golden/bronze than Lola Socialeyes gel eye colour in Bora Bora; Bora Bora is more brown.

Packaging - Round glass jar with domed black lid, like Fluidlines jars but wider.

Overall - Great line of cream shadow, but this shade packs more oomph than I can handle :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by shirlh

The 3rd paint pot in my collection, this is a metallic bronzy colour that wears very well on its own. Staying power is good, no creasing and texture is unbelievable soft.

Indianwood has kinda of stirred my longings for the other brown/bronze coloured paint points in the Painterly collection. However, I wouldn't buy this again for 2 reasons: (1) There is so much product in the pot (2) I want to get rest of the paint pot colours!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

i bought this because i was hoping for a good cream shadow that would not crease on me after 5 minutes.i really liked the color, but the texture sucks. it shows cracks and wrinkles in my eyelids that dont exist without this stuff on (im in my 20's)it goes on patchy and was too dry on when i used udpp, and it creased without it. its difficult to blend too. im returning this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by vmg85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 3 out of 5 overall because it's nothing too scream about. Medium to dark bronze brown shade, kind of muddy looking if you don't apply it right. But it is a nice shade, and with blending and other lighter colors it can look beautiful. I don't think I would buy another paint pot though because of the price, even though a pot would last a long time you would get sick of it by then lol.