BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 11/10/2011 3:57:00 PM

I'm currently really unhappy with my skin (acne/clogged pores), and That Gal is part of the lineup. When the girl at the benefit store put it on my face, it felt so cool and nice. It also smells quite nice, and does give your face a nice sheen. But like other reviewers have said, it's really inappropriate for people with even remotely oily skin (as I've found most benefit products to be). I currently have difficulty with clogged pores, and while I can't isolate a single culprit, I have my suspicions that That Gal really isn't helping...

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this product on my cheeks and chin. It makes my face look radiant/alive if that makes sense. I can tell the difference with and without it. I love the smell of this stuff! It smells like raspberries. However, I found a replacement products and primers that have the same effect and are made with natural ingredients, but I've been thinking about buying this product again and I probably will. I used this before putting on my graduation makeup and didn't use a powder blush. My face looks natural but awake in the pictures and it's noticeable to me. Probably won't be noticeable to your husband/SO's but at least you'll be happy with it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

WOW! I am very surprised at so many bad ratings for this!! First off, yes, this product is costly, ALL of Benefit's products are. But as far as i'm concerned you get what you pay for!!! This product is a nice light, creamy primer that basically just disappears when you rub it in. It does leave a slight pink luminescence to the skin. It really does brighten up my complexion, but the primer alone is not enough to get make up to smooth on well, i need some moisturizer also. As someone with an oily t-zone i found this to not aggravate the situation at all, in fact I may notice a slight improvement after a few hours of make up wear. A tip for this i found helpful- i smooth a few dots right under my eyes and on top of cheeks under and some times on top of make up...really wakes up the skin/complexion, pat it in lightly and don't rub. I give it a 4 because i'm not crazy about the packaging, a regular squirt bottle would have been just fine!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Stay away from this if you have combination or oily skin. When I first apply this product it gives me a lovely dewy glow but after a few hours I look like a giant greaseball and it makes my pores look huge. Urgh. What a waste. Not good benefit, even the cute packaging can't save you this time.

on 10/27/2011 8:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like to experiment with my make up and i've never bought any make up item twice. Why, if there are so much to try out there?
The only exception is this product. i've used three or four in a year (even though it's a bit pricey for me) and i just can't get enough of it.
First, i love the smell a lot. But what's important is how it makes my dull combination skin look like. It really lightens up the whole face and gives this nice pink glowy undertone, makes my pores invisible and does not make my skin greasy or oily at all.
Absolutely love it.

on 10/24/2011 3:28:00 PM

I bought the mini size of this produce from the "one prime day" set at sephora. Since I didn't want to use it all up at once, I applied my normal primer and then this primer to wherever I would highlight my face and it showed through my foundation and looked really pretty! However, I think the full size product is a little too expensive for me. So, I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2011 8:06:00 AM

I bought some samples of ThatGal from eBay and I could not be happier with this product. Yes, first of all, it was the real deal. Pink in colour, a strange yet sensational aroma and the packaging as cute as ever. I read a lot of reviews on this and most people said that ThatGal didn't work for them, but for me, there was a difference definitely.
After applying a reasonable amount I could see my skin looked brighter and any blemishes I had were less angry red and more rosey pink. If I had no blemishes I could definitely wear this without any foundation.
When applying foundation over the top, I found I could use less and I could spread it more evenly.
My skin looks great and I am so happy with this product.

on 9/29/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Received the trial size in "One Prime Day" along with the POREfessional. Was so upset when that ran out and turned to this, At first I liked the brightening effect of this primer. I have acne-prone and a very oily t-zone. It made my cheekbones really pop but throughout the day, it made me look like a huge greaseball. Also it's sticky and not very good for applying foundation smoothly. Would not purchase the full size

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think this is an okay primer product. I think it adds a bit of illumination to your skin... It doesn't seem to last very long though... It will not make your foundation last longer (in my experience). I tried this product twice- once I bought it and once it came with a kit of something else I wanted. Although it feels nice going on and looks nice at first, it really just doesn't do much of anything. This product is "meh". I wouldn't repurchase this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use a matte foundation, so wanted to find an illuminating primer. I loved the way my makeup looked right after I applied my foundation; I got that perfect dewy look I was aiming for. But hours later, I looked SO greasy, and I don't have particularly oily skin. I was literally shocked when I looked in the mirror. Definitely not for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors