Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 1/28/2013 3:40:00 PM

I have normal skin depending on the foundation I use, so this powder is perfect to make sure my foundation doesn't look oily. It applies onto my skin perfectly, but I have pretty clear skin so it might be different for acne proned skin. I absolutely LOVE this product! The price isn't bad at all! I got it for less than $8 at my local drug store. I love the packaging too. The powder is up top and the bottom swivels open with a mirror and applicator. I definitely recommend this product!

on 1/27/2013 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product. I read so many great reviews and even my fave beauty gurus on YouTube were talking about it. I went out and bought the darkest shade available, which was almost too light for me. Honestly, even if it it were a perfect match I would still hate it. It looks good for literally 10 seconds. It got rid of shine immediately and set my foundation great. Fast forward 10 seconds and you can see the powder settle into every part of my face. It looked disgusting. I used this powder maybe 7-8 times, each time HOPING for better results (maybe the first 5 times it looked bad was just a fluke....) but each time I ended up just taking off my face make up and trying again.

on 1/24/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the ONLY powder I have that does look 'powdery'.
it makes my skin look flawless and you can't tell I have powder on.
it really keeps me matte!!
my fav powder.
i like it better then my Mac one!
it's great for my oily skin :)
will re-purchase again! :)

on 1/21/2013 4:35:00 PM

This powder looks smooth and goes on nicely, but I still get shiny a few hours after I put it on. It looks a bit 'powdery' at first as well and accentuates dried skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

OMG I love this!!! My only complaint is it can wind up looking a little powdery but it's manageable.

I bought this powder of my combination skin and usually when i put on a powder it doesn't have great coverage. This powder is probably my favorite of all time. My skin is very oily on my forehead but this product just seeps it up. Also sometimes i get acne and it acts almost like a concealer. A great buy!

on 1/19/2013 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Found out that this is a good dupe for my mac mineralize skin finish powder. So I gave it a try and really enjoyed it! Gives me a good amount of coverage and has a nice smell to it. Theres no shimmer and anything fancy about it, just a mat powder, which I like. Does not cause me to look cakey, even when I use a foundation underneath. Its a good price for its value. There is no spf so I am also allowed to use this when I go out at night. Travel friendly and the packaging is fun.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't usually purchase face powders anywhere other department store makeup counters. That being said, I'm ecstatic that I gave this product a chance! It keeps my oily/combo skin shine-free and lasts quite awhile before a touch-up is required. I apply this product with a travel kabuki brush, and it goes on like a dream. (Pun not intended.) I'm quite impressed with this product and would recommend it to others out there who have oily skin. I do not recommend using the puff that comes with this product because it collects oil off of the face and is difficult to keep clean. I would definitely suggest using a powder brush for application. 5 stars for the powder part of the compact!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing powder!!! It's really translucent and sets your make up amazing. Never looks cakey! I think it's very comperable to mac's prep + prime face powder, only this one is way cheaper!

on 1/2/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really great powder! I never buy drugstore (face) cosmetics because of past upsets, but I am impressed by Maybelline's Dream Matte pressed powder. I have very sensitive/oily skin and always look for products that are oil-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. I have been using this powder for several weeks now and I have not broken out!

This feels so silky on my skin. It doesn't look cakey at all - very natural. I use this to set my foundation and blot excess oil. I would say that this is comparable to MAC's blot powder. I have used MAC's blot powder for years, and Maybelline's powder is a much cheaper and equally effective alternative.

Video Reviews & Tutorials