August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This powder looks smooth and goes on nicely, but I still get shiny a few hours after I put it on. It looks a bit 'powdery' at first as well and accentuates dried skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by isabelle155699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this!!! My only complaint is it can wind up looking a little powdery but it's manageable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by aligoldberg234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this powder of my combination skin and usually when i put on a powder it doesn't have great coverage. This powder is probably my favorite of all time. My skin is very oily on my forehead but this product just seeps it up. Also sometimes i get acne and it acts almost like a concealer. A great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

Found out that this is a good dupe for my mac mineralize skin finish powder. So I gave it a try and really enjoyed it! Gives me a good amount of coverage and has a nice smell to it. Theres no shimmer and anything fancy about it, just a mat powder, which I like. Does not cause me to look cakey, even when I use a foundation underneath. Its a good price for its value. There is no spf so I am also allowed to use this when I go out at night. Travel friendly and the packaging is fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually purchase face powders anywhere other department store makeup counters. That being said, I'm ecstatic that I gave this product a chance! It keeps my oily/combo skin shine-free and lasts quite awhile before a touch-up is required. I apply this product with a travel kabuki brush, and it goes on like a dream. (Pun not intended.) I'm quite impressed with this product and would recommend it to others out there who have oily skin. I do not recommend using the puff that comes with this product because it collects oil off of the face and is difficult to keep clean. I would definitely suggest using a powder brush for application. 5 stars for the powder part of the compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by missceline1990

Amazing powder!!! It's really translucent and sets your make up amazing. Never looks cakey! I think it's very comperable to mac's prep + prime face powder, only this one is way cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kattday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great powder! I never buy drugstore (face) cosmetics because of past upsets, but I am impressed by Maybelline's Dream Matte pressed powder. I have very sensitive/oily skin and always look for products that are oil-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. I have been using this powder for several weeks now and I have not broken out!

This feels so silky on my skin. It doesn't look cakey at all - very natural. I use this to set my foundation and blot excess oil. I would say that this is comparable to MAC's blot powder. I have used MAC's blot powder for years, and Maybelline's powder is a much cheaper and equally effective alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by elgruetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For a drug store brand, I find this product to be a great bargain - it goes on smoothly and naturally. I brush it on after I apply my liquid foundation and also throughout the day as necessary. The color looks natural and the finish is very nice. I have tried others, but seem to keep coming back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SleepyLabRat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best powder I've ever used. I bought it based on the reviews here and I have not been disappointed. It leaves me matte but not parched, minimizing pores without accentuating fine lines. I'm not crazy about the packaging (I carry a retractable kabuki brush with it in my purse), but other than that, this powder is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a great matte powder. I haven't tried a lot to compare only because I check the ingredients first and it is hard to find one that doesn't have some oat, rice or corn type of powder when I shopped for a matte one. ( have trouble with breakouts with the food-type powders.) This Dream Matte leaves a nice finish and helps some hide my larger pores as well. I don't have to blot as often as I did before using this which is a big plus. My only complaint is the design to the puff holder. The mirror is a waste under the puff because it gets blurry. I hope Maybelline keeps this formula if they ever re-design the packaging.