November 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by tmarie7

I have normal skin depending on the foundation I use, so this powder is perfect to make sure my foundation doesn't look oily. It applies onto my skin perfectly, but I have pretty clear skin so it might be different for acne proned skin. I absolutely LOVE this product! The price isn't bad at all! I got it for less than $8 at my local drug store. I love the packaging too. The powder is up top and the bottom swivels open with a mirror and applicator. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by ninakiim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this product. I read so many great reviews and even my fave beauty gurus on YouTube were talking about it. I went out and bought the darkest shade available, which was almost too light for me. Honestly, even if it it were a perfect match I would still hate it. It looks good for literally 10 seconds. It got rid of shine immediately and set my foundation great. Fast forward 10 seconds and you can see the powder settle into every part of my face. It looked disgusting. I used this powder maybe 7-8 times, each time HOPING for better results (maybe the first 5 times it looked bad was just a fluke....) but each time I ended up just taking off my face make up and trying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by katiedelaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

the ONLY powder I have that does look 'powdery'.
    it makes my skin look flawless and you can't tell I have powder on.
    it really keeps me matte!!
    my fav powder.
    i like it better then my Mac one!
    it's great for my oily skin :)
    will re-purchase again! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This powder looks smooth and goes on nicely, but I still get shiny a few hours after I put it on. It looks a bit 'powdery' at first as well and accentuates dried skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by isabelle155699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this!!! My only complaint is it can wind up looking a little powdery but it's manageable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by aligoldberg234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this powder of my combination skin and usually when i put on a powder it doesn't have great coverage. This powder is probably my favorite of all time. My skin is very oily on my forehead but this product just seeps it up. Also sometimes i get acne and it acts almost like a concealer. A great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

Found out that this is a good dupe for my mac mineralize skin finish powder. So I gave it a try and really enjoyed it! Gives me a good amount of coverage and has a nice smell to it. Theres no shimmer and anything fancy about it, just a mat powder, which I like. Does not cause me to look cakey, even when I use a foundation underneath. Its a good price for its value. There is no spf so I am also allowed to use this when I go out at night. Travel friendly and the packaging is fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by BerkeleyChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually purchase face powders anywhere other department store makeup counters. That being said, I'm ecstatic that I gave this product a chance! It keeps my oily/combo skin shine-free and lasts quite awhile before a touch-up is required. I apply this product with a travel kabuki brush, and it goes on like a dream. (Pun not intended.) I'm quite impressed with this product and would recommend it to others out there who have oily skin. I do not recommend using the puff that comes with this product because it collects oil off of the face and is difficult to keep clean. I would definitely suggest using a powder brush for application. 5 stars for the powder part of the compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by missceline1990

Amazing powder!!! It's really translucent and sets your make up amazing. Never looks cakey! I think it's very comperable to mac's prep + prime face powder, only this one is way cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kattday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great powder! I never buy drugstore (face) cosmetics because of past upsets, but I am impressed by Maybelline's Dream Matte pressed powder. I have very sensitive/oily skin and always look for products that are oil-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. I have been using this powder for several weeks now and I have not broken out!

This feels so silky on my skin. It doesn't look cakey at all - very natural. I use this to set my foundation and blot excess oil. I would say that this is comparable to MAC's blot powder. I have used MAC's blot powder for years, and Maybelline's powder is a much cheaper and equally effective alternative.