October 25, 2014 | 1906 users online

Crème - Graftobian - HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by bjone082

I purchased this product form camera ready cosmetics while I was on my hunt for my perfect foundation and after I looked at all of the wonderful reviews it received. I bought the Warm pallet (#1) for the smaller samples since I wasn't sure how accurate the colors were online compared to my actual skin tone. I have used for about a week and a half everyday as my foundation. Overall, I believe this can be a good foundation, but I don't think it is for me, so I don't believe it is worth buying again. Here's my list of pros and cons:

Pros:
Great color selection, easy to mix colors for for the in between shades.
Great coverage
When I first put it on it feels that I almost have no make up on.
The packaging came in a small pallet, good for traveling and makeup cases.

Cons:
The biggest problem I had with this foundation was the application. In a lot of reviews it says a little goes a long way, but this wasn't the case for me. I tried applying it several different ways. With brushes, sponges, fingers, all used a good amount of the product. and this product would not last me as long as my other foundations if I were given the same amount.
The product also took more time to apply than a simple liquid foundation or powder. Because of the high pigmentation, it takes a lot longer to blend into the skin evenly. This is not a good on-the-go or in-a-hurry make up.
If you forget to moisturize it will definitely magnify the dry skin.
It also rubs off easily when I touch my face.
I bought this product from camera ready cosmetics since that is where most people said they bought there's from. However when I checked my bank statement along with my purchase of the Graftobian palette was a lovely $12.00 charge from a reservation rewards(scam). I know this would have had to been from this purchase because, I have not bought anything else online in the past three weeks, and I am very careful when putting any credit card info anywhere.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I have only positive things to say about Graftobian!

I have combo skin (oily t zone) and get some zits during the time of the month. I get some redness around my nose and cheeks. My face and neck have different undertones – face is light in color with neutral undertones but my neck is light to medium and has yellow-beige undertones. I would say that I’m a MAC NC 25 to 30 right now.

I purchase Graftobian from www.camerareadycosmetics.com The color swatches on Camera Ready Cosmetics are horribly deceptive so it’s difficult to figure out what colors to get. I bought Graftobian palettes (Warm 1 and Warm 2) and then also Cinema Secrets Kit #3.

Warm Palette 1 has the following colors (in the order of lightest to darkest): Graceful Swan, Ingenue, Vixen, Temptress, and Enchantress. Graceful Swan is pale with yellow undertones. Ingenue is a shade darker – it’s still light with yellow undertones. Ingenue was too light for me (I would say Ingenue would be similar to a MAC NC 15 to 20). I was hoping that Vixen, the next shade up, would be a match but while it had the right depth, it just didn’t have enough yellow to match my face to my neck. (FYI, I saw a foundation chart that matched Vixen with MAC NC 30). The two darker shades - Temptress and Enchantress - looked similar to Vixen in that they seemed to have the same undertones but weren’t yellow enough.

Warm Palette 2 has these colors (in the order of lighest to darkest): Buttermilk, Desert Sand, Golden Sunset, Deep Zanthe, and Mid. Marigold. At a first glance, Buttermilk, the lightest of this palette, seemed to be too yellow and dark in the pan. The other shades were deeper and looked orangey-brown. I decided to try the Buttermilk anyway and surprisingly, it worked really well to match my face to my neck.

I use a wedge sponge spritzed with distilled water (I got the idea of using a tiny water spritz bottle from Eve Pearl, a makeup artist). The sponge must be moist enough to thin out the foundation. Using the moist sponge, dab or tap the foundation on your face. If you rub the foundation on your skin as you would normally do with liquid foundation, the cream foundation may not apply as evenly. Buttermilk’s yellow undertones helps to neutralize the redness around my nose and cheeks. Because I apply a thin layer of this foundation, more recent acne scars are still sometwhat visible so I follow up with spot concealer (Lauren Hutton spot concealer from her light face disc). I then set the foundation with face powder.

After a few hours, my T zone does get a little shiny but this doesn't bother me as this is no worse than other foundations I have used (Revlon Color Stay, however, is one foundation that I have tried that seems to stay put the longest). What’s great about Graftobian foundation is that it doesn’t oxidize or turn orange on my skin. There isn’t any fragrance as well.

If you are worried about cream foundations being too heavy – you shouldn’t be. In fact, if you apply them correctly (i.e. with a moist sponge) this foundation feels lighter than some liquid foundations (such as Revlon Color Stay, Sally Hansen foundation by Carmindy, and Maybelline 24 hour superstay). In fact, I can use this foundation as my everyday foundation. It doesn't have any SPF so it won't reflect any white cast on your face when a photo is taken of you.

It’s always good to exfoliate and prep your skin with moisturizer because this foundation (as well as other cream foundations) can show dry patches and flaky skin.

To briefly compare Graftobian with Cinema Secrets cream foundation: in terms of texture, Graftobian is less creamy so Graftobian may be better for oily skins (as long as you can find a color match). Also, Cinema Secret’s Kit 3 has foundation shades with more yellow in them than Graftobian's warm palettes.

40 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Sh3D3vil84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot say enough about this foundation. I've tried countless brands of foundation that never actually live up to what they are promising. This stuff is amazing. It's extremely pigmented and leaves your face absolutely matte. I have combo/oily skin with mild acne. This foundation covers it all. I don't even need concealer anymore!! It has a tendency to bring out flakies so you do have to moisturize and exfoliate but it's so worth it. Also this doesn't feel like you have foundation on. I couldn't even tell I was wearing it. It looks amazing in photos. This foundation doesn't make me break out either. Also for $10 you cannot beat the price. I don't think I could ever go back to a different brand after this!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: This is truly fantastic!! I was reading about Nars today, MUFE (I do like F&B) and don't know why I am always tempted by new foundations! Graftobian is the best. You can get smooth, beautiful believable HD coverage with the skunk or a moistened sponge. I love it. HG!!

I read a lot of the new reviews every day, and now, I am so happy I do! I wouldn't have known about Graftobian any other way. The review was actually for RCMA, but it led me to the camerareadycosmetics.com web site. So, after a long time reading on the web site and some great advice from sarasotagirl, I ordered the Cool #1 palette. There is a MAC equivalent foundation chart there, and it advised that Sunrise Flush would be the dupe for NW20. I think it's too light, and Aurora (the middle shade) suits me better. After priming with Avon Magix (today was the first day I tried that, too!) I spritzed the skunk with homemade moisture mist and dabbed lightly into the middle 3 shades and went to work. Unbelievable coverage with a light look and feel! Great color match, too! I tapped the first color (Buff, the lightest) and Sunrise Flush with my taklon brush to use as a concealer. Worked beautifully! You've gotta be kidding me, $20 for this wonderful palette? And, you use SOOO LITTLE that it should last for months and months...and maybe a few more months! How convenient for travel! This evening, no oily forehead and a tiny bit of gleam on the nose, and that's not bad, considering it was 80 degrees here today. I agree that it makes flakies more obvious, but if I have flakies, I don't know of anything that disguises that. But, it made the pores on my nose disappear, and that is nothing short of magic. Perhaps that was the Avon Magix? Will keep trying different combos of TM, etc. and report back. I recently purchased Lancome Renergie and for $40, it's going back. This little purchase has made me highly curious about other RCMA and Graftobian offerings....the 1/2 oz of foundation is $12 in Graftobian, and I can't wait to try more products at camerareadycosmetics.com!!!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is wonderful. I have Cinema Secrets and RCMA. And I like this one MUCH better. I only gave it 4 stars because if you don't moisturize enough before using it it makes my pores look huge.
It is very creamy and makes my skin look flawless. CS and RCMA are much more drying. They cover just as well but Graftobian blend better, is easier to work with. And cheaper.
Love this foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Wow! I am surprised at how well this product covers! I ordered it online after reading reviews on it from MUA and I must say, I am so glad to did! I purchased two shades of the foundation (Enchantress Olive #4, Femme Fatale Bronze #3). It is the perfect match! For reference, I am an NC 35-40 in MAC. At first, I used my fingers and I didn't like the way it went on, so then I decided to use my Vincent Longo foundation brush, and it is super. You only need to use a little bit which is great because it will last a long time. It's very creamy and easy to blend. I've been setting it with Cover FX setting powder or Guerlain Meteorites in Mythic. I do experience a little bit of shine through out the day, but that's ok I just touch up with a little powder. It is full coverage, I feel like I don' even need any concealer. I can't wait to try playing around with it some more and try mixing it with a mattifying primer. HG material ladies! I paid $10.99 $US from Camera Ready Cosmetics. Shipping to Canada was fast.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this mixed with some other foundations to thin out the consistency. It matches my skin color exactly - I use Temptress and I am an NC30-ish with yellow undertones.

Very pigmented and super creamy but on the harder side. I use about a rice to pea size and mix it with my other foundations and it gives it more pigment and more oomph. I smooth out my face first with Clinique Primer before applying. Looks very natural. I have tried Dermablend, Clinique Superfit, Colorstay, and may other HE foundations and this seems to cover the best.

I top it off with some Ben Nye translucent powder to set it and it stays all day. The other day I put it on at 8am and didn't come home till the next day early 12:30am and it stayed on PERFECTLY.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have difficult-to-match skin or need medium-to-full coverage without cakiness, you owe it to yourself to sample Graftobian Hi-Def Creme. You will be stunned at the quality and thrilled with the price. The only cons: You will probably have to buy on-line (samples are available from www.camerareadycosmetics.com and www.paintandpowderstore.com) and you will need to train yourself to use FAR LESS of this product than cream lines from department store brands.

SHADES: 53:18 warm (yellow undertones), 20 neutral (yellow and pink undertones) and 15 cool (pink undertones). Palettes of five shades each are available. [EDITED to add: Graftobian has added five very light foundation colors, two cool, two neutral and one warm. You can get all five in a slim Ultra-Lites palette.] Of the pro lines I sampled (Graftobian, RCMA, Joe Blasco and Cinema Secrets), I had the easiest time finding a match for my NC10 skin in Graftobian. I mix the two lightest warm shades (Graceful Swan/Ultra Fair 1 and Ingenue/Ultra Fair 3). Graceful Swan is equivalent to C15 and Ingenue to NC15, according to Graftobian. I've never seen a C15 foundation, but I can say Graceful Swan is lighter and slightly more neutral than Ingenue.

PACKAGING: 1/2-ounce pot with a clear, screw-top lid. $11-$12. I'm guessing a pot would last close to a year. You use that little. I scoop a dab out of my two colors (using the Graftobian single-ended spatula, available separately) and blend on the stainless steel bottom of an old e.l.f. palette.

PRODUCT: This is creamier than most stick foundations but a little stiffer than some jarred mousse foundations. Graftobian is also creamier than RCMA and Joe Blasco. This is not thick stage makeup. No scent that I can detect.

APPLICATION TIPS: This is engineered to work for HDTV, where any streaking or unevenness of application is obvious and where shine is a no-no. It's also highly pigmented, far more than any department store brand I've tried (but similar to CoverFX). It is micronized pigment in a base that will allow it to spread very thinly and stay in place remarkably well. That's it. No built-in primer, no sunscreen, no antioxidants, no reflective finish, no skincare ingredients, nothing. It's pigment, period. So if you WANT sunscreen, antioxidants, etc., you'll have to add that to your routine with your moisturizer or primer. That makes Hi-Def very flexible for different skintypes, but it's worth remembering if you don't like the finish/application/wear.

Skin prep is critical. The only time I haven't liked Hi-Def is when I've been excessively flaky from Renova and I didn't take the time to use a rich enough moisturizer. You'll want to keep your skin exfoliated and hydrated. You might also discover that your skin prep routine needs a little adjustment, whether to add a moisturizer or a mattifier or whatever. That's true of any foundation -- one formula might need a different moisturizer/primer than another -- but really obvious with such a pigmented product as this.

I get a lasting matte-satin finish on my slightly dry skin. I dab tiny amounts over my melasma and other unevenness with my fingertips and then smooth outward with a makeup wedge I've dampened with Cinema Secrets moisturizing spray. I've also used just water. I can't overstate how little you need -- a small pea will cover your face. This stuff is pigmented; I sometimes add a dab more over my melasma when it's really acting up, but I need no more. When I get the amount right, this is virtually invisible on the skin, far less visible than any liquid foundation I've tried. A little care and precision really helps with application. I don't think this is a two-second, smear it on and go foundation -- but the results are worth the extra minute or two of application and buffing.

I set this with RCMA no-color setting powder; you'll want something very finely milled to avoid ruining the naturalness of the finish. Often I don't powder at all, though YMMV. I also like to spray my face with the CS moisturizing spray after I've finished my makeup -- that seems to melt the color right into my skin.

Lately, I often mix Hi-Def with my sunscreen or my primer (or both!) and apply that way for a sheer effect. I also love mixing the Hi-Def with color correctors -- it's very blendable. Graftobian makes a palette of neutralizers in the same Hi-Def cream base -- it puts the MUFE palette, which costs nearly twice as much, to shame.

In addition to www.camerareadycosmetics.com and www.paintandpowderstore, you can buy the whole line at www.graftobian.com (no samples though).

INGREDIENTS: Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

64 out of 65 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by CCW12345

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gem has become my go-to foundation. It has a gorgeous creamy texture that provides excellent buildable coverage while not looking heavy.
I expected to shelve this foundation as the weather warmed up in favor of something oil-free or long wearing as I live in hot, humid South Carolina but I am still loving it. It wears better than powder foundation and does not make my skin feel greasy. It makes my skin look silky and luminous and naturally beautiful. I love Graftobian!

I ordered this online from Camera Ready Cosmetics which is really great. quick shipping, great customer service.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by honeyjr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this palette in Warm #1. I am a mix of Vixen and Ingenue. I really like this cream foundation. I alternate between this, my RCMA Colour Process and my Cinema Secrets. I think this is my favourite among the three with RCMA being a close second. The CS is good too, but I find it a little too creamy which makes it so easy to over apply.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No