July 25, 2014 | 1617 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kkbears1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

All I use is TM. I think I've tried them all. This has to be one of the best I've ever used. It has good staying power and evens out the tone (I wear Light) and feels very shear on, I will surely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't have this long enough to see if it would make me break out, but it sure made me greasy. I just don't do well with tinted moisturizer I am too oily. Immediately after I put this on I was so shiny it was gross. Powder and blotting papers did nothing to control the shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have too much experience with tinted moisturizers (so I can't compare this with too many others). In fact, the only other one I have tried, as far as I can remember, is Stila's. That one was too greasy/shiny looking on my skin. This one is wayyy better. It hasn't caused me any breakouts (Stila's gave me a few pimples every time I would use it) and it looks soo much better. This one doesn't get shiny/oily like Stila's did on me. This one looks fresh and natural (I put a bit of powder on top if I am going out, but sometimes I'll just leave it by itself and it will be fine). It provides good coverage for a tinted moisturizer (it's not going to cover pimples by itself or patches of discoloration or anything major like that- it's meant to even out your skin tone and improve the look of your complexion). Also, I would just like to note, that I find the shades are a bit light. It's not a problem for me because I have found a match (Light-Medium for my NC35 complexion) but darker skin tones may have a problem finding a color match (unless they have come out with more shades, sorry I haven't checked recently). I would probably purchase the medium for the summertime, but light-medium is good for my winter skin tone (still medium, but not as tan, but since it's a tinted moisturizer if you choose a color that's just one shade off it won't make too much of an obvious difference.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Jany

I think this is an excellent tinted moisurizer, the best in fact. I bought this on impulse and thought I would regret it because I normally check makeupalley before I buy. I then read the reviews when I got home and was so glad I got it.
Unlike other TM's this is not greasy but makes your real skin come through giving a glowing flawless look. I was happy with the coverage, it didn't accentuate my pores, for the red scars I just put on a bit of concealer. It feels like you are not wearing any make up on at all. Didn't make me break out at all and I have very sensitive breakout skin. This is so good, I have replaced it as my everyday foundation. I just put concealer over the parts of my face that needs more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by clevereuphemism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently changed-up my whole skincare/makeup routine and added this to my arsenal. I'd been using liquid mineral makeup over primer, sunscreen, & moisturizer (plus C serum, toner, etc.) and started feeling like my skin was really caked-up. This covers so well and goes on so flawlessly that I took out the primer. I has SPF so (for the winter & fall), I took out the sunscreen. And it's moisturizing, so I use about half the moisturizer I used to. It's really natural-looking, dewy, and glowy, but camouflages as well - if not better - than any makeup I've ever used. My skin looks and feels healthier. Now when I put on liquid minerals, my skin looks dead and lifeless by comparison. Too bad about the color selection, but beyond that, love, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great Tinted moisturizer. It gives natural coverage to even out the skin tone. I wear the medium which was perfect all summer, it is a little too dark for me for the winter so I may try the light/medium. My only complaints are lack of color range
( they only have 3) and the sunscreen smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kate_louise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favourite TM so far! Does leave my face a little 'dewy' but a little bit of powder helps - and I'm not after a matte look either. I haven't had any problems with breakouts due to this product, even though my skin is breakout prone (under control at the moment though). The lightest shade matches my fair skin well, and blends easily!

Update: I have actually decided that this leaves my face too shiny (nothing that a bit of powder couldn't fix, but there are other TM's that I want to try!). I have since downgraded my rating to a 4, although a 3.5 would be more accurate!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

i just received this product on hsn and i love it! it covers up my my redness on my face to even everything out! i also use it with my benefit get even powder. this makes my face look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by GiNNERS112

I have the Light/Medium tint, which I wanted something that actually makes me look tanish and it works. Covers a lot of my redness, but sometimes the sunscreen smell is a little too much for the morning. Stays on through workout and don't leave my face as grease as before without it. Right when I tested it in Sephora I could feel soft my face had become from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by fabulous_crystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!! Why has no one commented on the fact that this has castor oil?????? I slathered it on my face, confident that it would be my HG tinted moisturizer after reading the reviews here and on the drugstore.com website....and then i got three massive pimples and other smaller bumps....and then i read the label.....CASTOR OIL!!! why!!!! it's one of the worst things you can put on your face if you are break-out prone....i am going to try to send it back, put i already threw out my receipt and the shipping label and all that stuff....DON"T BUY THIS!!! if i could give this a zero i would