August 28, 2014 | 1142 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow!!! Inexpensive per ounce. This is the perfect product to add moisture and erase the white cast left by many sunscreens. This does not look fake. It makes your skin look better but doesn't look like you put makeup on!

UPDATE: This stuff is fantastic. Totally removes the white cast left by sunscreen but doesn't look like makeup. Just looks like good skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

Limited colour choice, but I think it's still fairly alright, as long as you're not very pale or very dark. Anyway, I'm glad for all the people for whom this worked because if it looks as good on their faces as this did on my hand when I tested it out, then it's definitely HG material. But when I actually bought it and tried wearing it, it didn't give me any of the promised polish or glow, and instead, it just never sank into my skin. Just sat there and made me look oily. I've tried several different ways to make it work, with primers, powders, anything to help it settle and to mattify my skin without killing the dewy look that I was going for, but to no avail. I'll use up the tube just because I waited ages to get this, but definitely not a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent TM for my combo skin. Gives good coverage with no shine. Lasts all day. Leaves skin looking even, yet natural. Definitely highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jirish

I purchased this tinted moisturizer while on vacation in the summer. I bought it because of the color and coverage. Now in the winter months, I like it even better as it covers all my redness and keeps me moisturized. It is very thick and provides good coverage. I think its thicker than most tinted moisturizers but it doesn't make me oily. I have used Bobbi Brown (not recommend) and Laura Mercier ( great coverage and good color choice) tinted moisturizer and I would rank this with Laura Mericer but better because of the price.

I would buy again as the price is great and it is long lasting. Even when I travel for business, it has staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kkbears1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

All I use is TM. I think I've tried them all. This has to be one of the best I've ever used. It has good staying power and evens out the tone (I wear Light) and feels very shear on, I will surely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't have this long enough to see if it would make me break out, but it sure made me greasy. I just don't do well with tinted moisturizer I am too oily. Immediately after I put this on I was so shiny it was gross. Powder and blotting papers did nothing to control the shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't have too much experience with tinted moisturizers (so I can't compare this with too many others). In fact, the only other one I have tried, as far as I can remember, is Stila's. That one was too greasy/shiny looking on my skin. This one is wayyy better. It hasn't caused me any breakouts (Stila's gave me a few pimples every time I would use it) and it looks soo much better. This one doesn't get shiny/oily like Stila's did on me. This one looks fresh and natural (I put a bit of powder on top if I am going out, but sometimes I'll just leave it by itself and it will be fine). It provides good coverage for a tinted moisturizer (it's not going to cover pimples by itself or patches of discoloration or anything major like that- it's meant to even out your skin tone and improve the look of your complexion). Also, I would just like to note, that I find the shades are a bit light. It's not a problem for me because I have found a match (Light-Medium for my NC35 complexion) but darker skin tones may have a problem finding a color match (unless they have come out with more shades, sorry I haven't checked recently). I would probably purchase the medium for the summertime, but light-medium is good for my winter skin tone (still medium, but not as tan, but since it's a tinted moisturizer if you choose a color that's just one shade off it won't make too much of an obvious difference.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Jany

I think this is an excellent tinted moisurizer, the best in fact. I bought this on impulse and thought I would regret it because I normally check makeupalley before I buy. I then read the reviews when I got home and was so glad I got it.
Unlike other TM's this is not greasy but makes your real skin come through giving a glowing flawless look. I was happy with the coverage, it didn't accentuate my pores, for the red scars I just put on a bit of concealer. It feels like you are not wearing any make up on at all. Didn't make me break out at all and I have very sensitive breakout skin. This is so good, I have replaced it as my everyday foundation. I just put concealer over the parts of my face that needs more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by clevereuphemism

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently changed-up my whole skincare/makeup routine and added this to my arsenal. I'd been using liquid mineral makeup over primer, sunscreen, & moisturizer (plus C serum, toner, etc.) and started feeling like my skin was really caked-up. This covers so well and goes on so flawlessly that I took out the primer. I has SPF so (for the winter & fall), I took out the sunscreen. And it's moisturizing, so I use about half the moisturizer I used to. It's really natural-looking, dewy, and glowy, but camouflages as well - if not better - than any makeup I've ever used. My skin looks and feels healthier. Now when I put on liquid minerals, my skin looks dead and lifeless by comparison. Too bad about the color selection, but beyond that, love, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by pezbot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great Tinted moisturizer. It gives natural coverage to even out the skin tone. I wear the medium which was perfect all summer, it is a little too dark for me for the winter so I may try the light/medium. My only complaints are lack of color range
( they only have 3) and the sunscreen smell.