October 20, 2014 | 1662 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - TheBalm - BalmShelter Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Heather09103

I agree with the reviewer below. This product provides great coverage at a decent price and the squeeze tube lasts awhile. I really liked this TM in the winter, it made my skin glowy and dewey. However, now that it is getting warmer out I find that I feel and look like an oil slick by the end of the day. So I will be continuing my search for my HG TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Hasmik19

This product definitely has both good and bad qualities!

GOOD:
- great coverage! (i have no complaints on this..i LOVE how it covers my redness)
-not a bad price
- lasts a long time

BAD:
- shiny (I love that in winter, in summer not a big fan)
- SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (horrible sunscreen smell)
- smudges (my boyfriend had to change two white t-shirts within 30 minutes!)

NONETHELess, I wore this product A LOT since I purchased it. It kept me satisfied Im not going to lie...i got used to the smell, waited until it completely tried before I hugged my boyfriend (lol) and I've always been a big fan of a dewy look, so the shininess didn't bother me TOO much. However, I believe I can find a TM that does not have the negatives that this one does. WOuld not repurchase...im once on the quest for the perfect TM...got i've tried soooo many already.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

This is so incredibly awful, I wish I could give it negative lippies. Luckily, I didn't actually buy this crap! Sephora screwed up yet another order (is anyone else having this problem?), and this was included in the package instead of something else. In theory, the shade they sent should be my color, but it's SO dark and orange-looking (this is the lightest shade, and I'm really fair). Gee, thanks, Sephora, for letting me keep your screw-up. Probably it's because you can't even GIVE this stuff away! Greasy, thick, obvious, ugly color. Bleh. Just don't.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

I got this recently because I was finding my BE to be too dry during the winter. It's my first TM and I find it to be worth the price $30CND at Sephora. I'm sure it's not the best TM out there, it takes awhile to settle into the skin, but a little bit goes a long way. It has decent coverage but isn't really going to hide anything major. I needed to put my regular moisturizer on before I applied this because my skin is dry in the winter and balmshelter doesn't provide enough moisture. I like it because it's fast to apply, just dab and blend well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Oh boy. I couldn't even give this a decent test-run because it was just too orange on me. It looks orange coming out of the tube and, well-blended into my light, yellow-toned skin, looks peach. Are there really folks out there that have apricot undertones? I just don't understand. The texture, etc. seemed OK, but again--the color put me off so much that I couldn't give it even a day of wear. Maybe if I swing by another Sephora I'll check out the Light color. But they really need to expand their color range. Anyway, since I don't fancy the idea of a peachy face and yellowy neck, I will stick to my Laura Mercier Nude.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by DolphinC

I bought time Balm in Light and Balm Shelter in Light based on the reviews here. Both are going back. Have to say I am quite surprised at how much everyone really likes both. The Balm Shelter has a chemical smell, but does go away within minutes, I assume itís the sunscreen. It goes on well and seems to blend into my very fair skin. The first day I tried, one of my boys asked me if I put a fake tanner on my face. I only had this on for a bit, and became quite aware of slight orange it gave me. Washed off and tried next day with a lighter hand. Looked good for first few hours, got some shine so powdered over it some, but seemed to have an orange glow again. I even asked people I worked with and everyone says what I was doing before looked better. Wanted to try one more time, so this morning around 8am put some on, blush, eyeliner and mascara. Itís 11am and just caught a glance in mirror, oily and orange! Iíve also noticed a few pimples, like the oily ones that pop up right under thin skin layer in last couple days. Iím going to wash my face off now and pack this up for return. Iím really glad it has worked for others so well. I have combination skin and almost always where the 2nd lightest foundation color or light when only a few available. So far, mixing my own minerals have worked best for me for color and sometimes mix with serums. Until the next try. . .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh.. This stuff looked ok at first, but it oxidizes and turns orange and oily after a while. It looked very unnatural, orange and shiny on my face. This went back to Sephora.
I like Tarte's smooth operator much better than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow!!! Inexpensive per ounce. This is the perfect product to add moisture and erase the white cast left by many sunscreens. This does not look fake. It makes your skin look better but doesn't look like you put makeup on!

UPDATE: This stuff is fantastic. Totally removes the white cast left by sunscreen but doesn't look like makeup. Just looks like good skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

Limited colour choice, but I think it's still fairly alright, as long as you're not very pale or very dark. Anyway, I'm glad for all the people for whom this worked because if it looks as good on their faces as this did on my hand when I tested it out, then it's definitely HG material. But when I actually bought it and tried wearing it, it didn't give me any of the promised polish or glow, and instead, it just never sank into my skin. Just sat there and made me look oily. I've tried several different ways to make it work, with primers, powders, anything to help it settle and to mattify my skin without killing the dewy look that I was going for, but to no avail. I'll use up the tube just because I waited ages to get this, but definitely not a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent TM for my combo skin. Gives good coverage with no shine. Lasts all day. Leaves skin looking even, yet natural. Definitely highly recommend!