December 19, 2014 | 1683 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was in boots and just browsing the drugstore branded beauty items and as I'm on the hunt for THE perfect eyeliner, I was swatching some eyeliners on the back of my hand and seeing which doesnt budge and smudge. This Revlon one was the best out of the few I've swatched - Urban Decay, L'oreal, Bourjous, Rimmel - and at just under 6 (but boots are doing a buy 2 get the cheapest 3 deal atm) so I placed this liner in my basket.
I tested the liner when I went on for just a few hours and tightlined my lashes and lined upper and lower lashes. Although it did smudge a bit, the colour stayed on and usually with many eyeliners, when I tightline and blink relatively hard, the liner would transfer onto my lower part of the eye but this liner did not, hence the 4 lippies! It also doesnt tug and the liner is pigmented and creamy.
I generally prefer mechanical, no need to sharpen liners--call me lazy! but sometimes when im going away, I prefer to not have to take a sharpener with me. This liner is great in that way, cos its mechanical and it comes with a sharpener at the other end of the pencil.
I usually use Asian liners as they really are water and smudge proof and last all day long, but I need to order them online which takes about a week to get to the UK but Revlon is easily accessible to me so right now, its my possible UK HG ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by thekeeg

This is one of the TWO drugstore eyeliners that has ever worked on my eyes. The rest just will not show up for some reason. The black is a bit strong for me but I got this with the purchase of a Colorstay eyeshadow quad. It goes on quite easy and lasts all day for me. It's a nice twist up and will last me a long time. It has not dried out either like other twist ups.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by mzd0llface

This has got to be in the "products I would never buy again."
It does not last for a long time for its name.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down one of the best eyeliners out there. I was introduced to it in high school and, although I've wavered along the way trying other liners here and there, I always find myself coming back to this one (if it ain't broke, why fix it, right?!).
This eyeliner is amazing. It does not budge at all - even a minute after you've applied it, I find the line is solid and lasting. The colour is relatively quite darkly pigmented, and it really does last all day; I usually don't bring it along with me for reapplications, mainly because I don't need to (and also because I'd be devastated losing it...)! I use it in Black almost every day and my eyes just look bigger and more defined.
Because it's a mechanical pencil, it goes on so smoothly and you never have to sharpen it (it comes with an inbuilt sharpener to define the tip, but I've never had to use it - 1. because I don't want to waste eyeliner in sharpener [hehe] and 2. because the pencil forms a natural sharpness if you apply it at an angle). I repurchase again and again, my HG eyeliner for sure!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

Packaging: Comes w/ a little plastic sharpener, easy twist-up
Color: Since I have a monolid, I can't put it above my top lash line, so I put it below (area is similar to the waterline except on the top lid) - and it's not super pigmented there - have to go over it 2 times to get a solid line
Texture: Smooth, but only if it's not cold
Lasting power: Medium, smudges a little bit on me since it is a lot closer to the eye where I put it
Price: ~$7-8 depending on where you get it
Overall: This eyeliner wasn't as good as I heard from gurus on youtube, but it's pretty decent and is waterproof, so that's enough for me. The Almay one is similar in packaging but is a little bit creamier in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

i thought this was gonna be my miracle eyeliner... it tugs real hard but i normally don't mind if the liner stays on my lids well without smudging, but it didn't! Just like all the other I've tried, it fades off or smudges after a while. eh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by minnycourt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a great eyeliner forever...I have finally found it! It a very black color and stays all day! I used it yesterday and it stayed put for 14 hours! It doesn't smear, run, or feather. It great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have already re-purchased this once, and I always get it when revlon has a BOGOF sale so it makes this liner only $3.50 which is a great deal for a hard working easy to use pencil liner. I like how it's a twist up, and that a sharpener is built into the cap (although admittedly it's not the best sharpener). I also like how I can shave it down to a very narrow point which makes it great for tightlining and subtle liner work for conservative day time jobs. I use this when I travel b/c it's so easy to pack and so unmessy (don't have to bring an additional gel liner brush, nothing to lose)
I have these colorstay liners in every color! I reach for the charcoal gray and the black the most. Will definitely keep rebuying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 4:37:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another product that I loved, but got into wearing mineral liners. but this is number 2 besides the loreal bare natural liner powder i wear. Revlon colorstay liner stays on all day, and the black is dark, bold, and beautiful. the only way it is not dark and bold, it is an old product the store should have thrown out. i would go back and get a new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by dr4animals

I tried this liner yesterday and it had to go back to Harmon. It did not go on as thinly as I'd like and it would NOT come off for nothing. I guess thats good for some people who want a long lasting liner. But after washing my face, and using eye makeup remover twice - I still woke up with black rimmed eyes. This stuff is impossible. No thank you.