July 29, 2014 | 1968 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kayyy

In my opinion, this eyeliner was horrible. It did everything for me but STAY! would not recommend this to anyone who wants their eyeliner to stay on without continuously checking it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Another eyeliner to add on my search for my HG liner...

What my eyes are like: oily-lidded, Asian, creased, fairly dense lashes.

What I'm looking for: something that lasts all day without (any major) smudging, doesn't make me look raccoon-eyed, fairly easy to remove with Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, waterproof.

What I use it for: tightlining (for which, smudging and all that jazz is not really a concern) and lining over my lower lash line.

Verdict on this liner: Unfortunately, it goes back to the store. I'd give it 3.5 lippies because it had pretty good staying power in terms of when I touched my eye right on the liner and because it was very smooth and didn't skip or tug. Too bad it made me raccoon-eyed within about 4 hours and it wasn't an easily fixable racoon-eye that would go away with a swipe of a finger. When I removed it the same way I'd always remove my liner from my lower lash line...LASHES FELL OUT...that's NEVER happened with me. Also, I twisted up the whole pencil...there is VERY little product here. That makes this a very expensive liner in the long run. I'd rather just buy a more expensive pencil that would last me a year...All in all, I won't repurchase. So my search for my HG liner continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by SSN7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the BEST eyeliners I have ever tried. It lasts all day. I have never had to reapply this eyeliner during the evening. I don't think I will ever go back to any other brand that I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by sabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunetely I have to add a negative review here. While this is very black, which is a good thing and why I gave it 2 lippies, it smears through the day, irritated my contact lens wearing eyes, and all of it would not come off after I both washed my eyes with baby shampoo in the shower and used eye makeup remover after the shower. This is a big thumbs down from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:47:00 AM More reviews by peacegiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally DO NOT like black eyeliner. I'm pretty tan (I'm half filipino and half white) but for some odd reason black always looks strangely harsh on me. I always see how great black looks on everyone though so I'm always compelled to keep trying different brands and hopefully finding the right one. I've tried all kinds of brands, and none of them seemed to look right one me. After trying the revlon colorstays in brown and charcoal and completely loving them, I figured I'd try it in black and promised my self this would be the LAST time I would try a black eyeliner. Surprisingly, this didn't look too bad! Like all colorstay eyeliners, it goes on smoothly and stays. I wouldn't wear it everyday but I do like it for special occasions where I'd want to wear more dramatic makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by bronzebabe19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well SCORE for me. I got these eyeliners BOGOF from Kmart this week. I only wear black eyeliner for the most part, so I got two black ones. One for my purse for when I got out and one for my makeup stash at home. (I like being prepared) I love lining my lower waterline with these. I line them once in the morning, and when I get off work in the evening, my eyes are still lined! Wow. I used to love my Rimmel eye kohls because they were so soft and only $2, but they smudged too easily and wore off after a few hours. I went back to Kmart and bought the teal and blackberry ones as well and I'm hoping those will be as great as these black ones :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased black and brown (BOGOF-walgreens) automatic pencils.
The black stays perfectly smudge-free on my oily upper lids.
The brown is nice for shaping/filling eyebrows. Does not lighten up or rub off my oily skin.
Both: 12-13 hour work day = Stays Put! Yeay!
Not a perfect score because I can't use these pencils on my waterline; they dont' last. But for softness and ease of application without pulling skin, and lasting power where I can use them, would definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jamaicanmecrazy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

best pencil liner out there. lasted on my lower lashes for hours and is waterproof. it smudged all over my lids like all pencils do for me. $10CDN for not that much product. will not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by 011705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon's colorstay eyeliners were my liners of choice for the past 3 months or so. I had only used the Cocoa and black/brown color with good results. I then bought the black one thinking how awesome the others last on my lower lash line but I was let down. This crap smudges... not nearly as bad as other liners, but it does, eventually, and when it happens, it's scary. With other eyeliners, at least you'd be able to wipe your finger cross your lower lash line to remove the smudgies but this crap sticks nasty. At this point, I'm furious. lol. I have tried EVERY eyeliner ever (MAC, Clinique, Lancome, Covergirl, NYC, Prescriptives, Biotherm, Mary kay, etc.) I recently decided to stop wearing eyeliner on my lower lash line and try the colorstay on my waterline/tightlinng upper lash line and for the past 4 days, my eyes have been through hell... itchy itchy! & red. I also can't stand the sharperner and that I can't really get a fine line and I NEED a fine line (I have small, deep set eyes.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lovelixir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first eyeliner that I ever owned. I think as far as pencil/mechanical eyeliners go, this one is great. It's easy to apply and the colour is dark enough for me. Unfortunately it can smudge easily, but that's pretty much the only thing I don't like about this product. However, at the moment I'm not sure if I will buy this again (it's been smudging very easily recently and I'd like to try other brands first).