April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a mascara fiend and it's taken me a long time to try Great Lash as an adult. There are simply so many mascaras on the market, that this gets overshadowed. For a product that so many people seem to hate, this was surprisingly difficult to find in stores. In fact, I had to go to 2 different stores. I snagged the last blackest black that they had in stock. They had none of the washable very black in stock.

Due to all the negative reviews, I went into this with no expectations. I normally go for a volumizing mascara. This is definitely more of a defining mascara, but it does add a little length too. I was very happy and surprised with how my lashes looked after two coats of Great Lash. They were long, curled, and dark. They had kind of a fluttery look that I liked. This is definitely more of a daytime mascara, still it's pretty good. I know that technically mascaras can't curl your lashes. I think what happened is that my natural curl remained because this is such a light formula (I hadn't even used a curler with this mascara btw). Of all the mascaras I've ever tried, I don't think I've ever seen my lashes look this curled with another mascara.

Besides Great Lashes' ability to keep a curl, the thing I liked most about this was the brush. I have small eyes. This compact brush was very easy for me to use. I found that I could really get at all of my lashes. I can't stand big brushes and this is definitely not one.

I can see why people might not like this because it certainly isn't the most dramatic mascara on the market. It is not the most sophisticated or innovative product out today. However, at around $5 a tube without any discounts or coupons, the price is right. It's worth a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by xxRomiChanxx

I wasn't looking for a mascara for a lot of volume or length, just something to darken my lashes and define them a bit. To that end, this mascara worked well. No clumps, and they looked very natural (perfect for school). However, I have EXTREMELY oily skin and this mascara smudged SO MUCH that my friend had to point out that my "mascara was running all over my under eye area". That's pretty much a deal breaker for me, raccoon eyes are not my style.

Sadly, I'm probably not going to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is great for anyone who wants to waste money on complete crap :)

So Imagine taking a black watercolor paint, dipping a mascara wand in it, then painting it on your eyelashes. Then one hour later, having it flake all over your face. Then a couple more hours later, having watery eyes, and ending up with mascara all over your face,

I guarantee if you purchase this product you will never regret anything more :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by artsymi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ick, worse mascara ever! It doesn't do much, unless you want an extremely natural look - ie. it will just coat your lashes with black goop. I try to use my eye lash curler in hopes that it will do something, but it doesn't hold a curl at all.

You can find it really cheap in Canada. I guess it's one of those you get what you pay for products!

There are way better mascaras on the market. Whoever said it's the most popular amongst MUAs is nuts.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by beautyfu13

This is an "alright " mascara to just get the job done. Makes lashes look a little on the natural side. I like since I'm not trying to go over board I just want my lashes to pop some more and this does that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupbreakup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It's such a OG product and it's really no fuss to work with. I don't like overly done spider lashes and this product is great at giving me the right amount of color, length, and volume. In some ways it is like natural lashes with a tad more added. It's not like boom! lashes! For days when I wear a little makeup this is perfect in making me look more awake and done up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I'm surprised this mascara got so many bad reviews. I think this mascara is great. I have short and straight eyelashes, although I do have to do some wiping of the wand as it carries a lot of mascara it does look very natural on my eyelashes and holds a curl, although the formula can be quite wet if you curl your lashes wait for about 20 seconds and wave the wand about to dry it a little before putting it on your lashes to keep a curl. The bottle of mascara lasts ages! the wand is also good if you have short lashes because it is quite small so you can get into every eyelash.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SheenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a severe allergic reaction to this stuff! Itchy, swollen, burning, red eyes. I could barely open my eyes. Upon a little investigating, I found that the ingredient shellac seems to be the culprit causing the reaction. I guess if you don't have a reaction to shellac it may not be a bad product, but trust me you don't want to have to find out the hard way! I wanted to like it because I've always heard good things about it and it's such a great deal. Bummed it turned out this way.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Enigmaticyetfetching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Great Lash mascara was my first mascara ever. I assumed that it was how all mascaras were supposed to be for a long time. Thank goodness I was wrong! This mascara flakes all over the place and you have to wipe under your eye almost every hour. The flaking is just awful, but then it also has a bunch clumps in it. Needless to say I'm looking for a new mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a horrible brush which does nothing for my lashes. The application is clumpy and it melts off after two hours. In Australia it's around $15 which is a total waste of money.