December 20, 2014 | 1422 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by puredouceur

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have long and thin lashes, and about half what I had in my twenties (my lashes used to be my best feature)

Every 10 years or so, I try it again, since so many people rave about it (not anymore, it seems).

Every time I remember when applying it that it's watery or something like it and I make a big mess on my top lid and all.

The bristles are to wide apart to deposit a little amount (I prefer the natural look), so I end up applying too much and getting spikes, which I dislike.

Now that I wrote a review, I hope I'll remember to NOT try it again! ;-)

I guess I have tried about 20 mascaras so far, and since this one is the worst, I rated it as a '1'.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought Maybellineís Great Lash some ago, before I got into blogs, because it was always being hailed by magazines as marvellous. What a load of crap. I donít understand why itís still being sold Ė it does NOTHING.

I will never buy this brand of mascara again. Within an hour after applying it I have smudges all under my eyes. I find myself having to clean away mascara smudges all during the day. Very disappointing...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot imagine why Great Lash has so many poor reviews on this site! I've had nothing but luck with this product and have had many compliments since using it. I find it to be really quite dependable and it has become my go-to mascara for simple winged liner and neat, long lashes. Nothing incredible, but trusty and easily available.

I was skeptical because of the extensive advertising in magazines and on the television, though I'm happy I did give this one a try! I think it's a small step up from L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara which, while initially looking quite big and lovely, goes bad/dry very fast and gave me an awfully sorry time with clumps and flakes.

Formula is no-nonsense, basic and straight-forward. Goes on smoothly with one or two swipes of the wand(which is an unusually prickly and odd sort of looking thing, though does the job well.) I haven't seen out-of-the-ordinary clumping or slow drying time, and one coat is enough. I have abnormally sensitive eyes and there's been no stinging/itching and minimal flaking for a mascara at this price. Just what I wanted and payed for, honestly.

I don't have particularly thick lashes, though people have been asking me what I'm wearing. I'm going to continue to repurchase this as long as the formula stays the same(I've heard it's changed and since has a new wand, though have not bought anything different). Fingers crossed I can keep buying the same stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Vanderkoush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara on its own is nothing to brag about, however, I find that using after another mascara really amplifies the look and gives me a doe eyed look. Give it a whirl!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by GreenTekato

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to swear by this mascara however more recently I have been having problems when using it. I am not sure whether the formula has been changed or I just got a bad tube but I am not impressed.

Previously after one coat I would get gorgeous dark, well separated lashes that dried well, set hard and lasted all day. I never had a problem with my lashes remaining wet, the product clumping more than other mascaras, smudging or flaking. It was cheap, reliable and worked well.

My current tube has a new rubber 'heart shaped' brush which is awful. It seems to cause my lashes to clump more easily and doesn't separate them the way the old brushes used to. I could deal with this BUT it seems the formula has changed too. Whereas this mascara used to last all day without wear it now flakes after a few hours. I have deep set eyes and the mascara flakes settle under my eyes leaving me with dark bags speckled with black. Not a great look. I do not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a good mascara.

Formula is mediocre. Nice charcoal colour, but for me, it flakes. Most of the effect of any mascara comes from the wand and this one is just bad. It's too tightly wound to separate or comb through the lashes, so at best, you might get a little bit of length if you work the ends of your lashes, and at worst, you'll layer so much trying to coat all your lashes that you'll end up with clumps.

Spend the extra dollar or two and get a mascara with a better wand.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by allycat7005

I usually don't have a problem with my mascaras because they all pretty much do the same thing, but I don't really like this kind. I'm a sucker for huge thick lashes but this kind of mascara does not give your lashes volume at all. It's a good kind of mascara to wear if you want to look more natural. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by selinselin

I liked this mascara. It is not the best mascara I have ever used, but it is ok for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sylphjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Definitely a you-get-what-you-pay for variety.

The color and consistency is all good but it dries out so fast. I'm not sure if this is the packaging or *what*, since I'm not the type to 'plump' the wand in the tube or leave it open.

And the brush is so godawful (between the clumping it causes, the occasional bleed, and the gnarled, misshapen mess it inevitably becomes, sometimes it's a wonder I don't end up looking like a pen exploded in my eye) that it never lasts very long when I pick one up on sale. If you don't mind clumps, it's not massively tacky-looking clumping but it builds up to that spider-lashes point fast, especially if you already have thicker eyelashes.

Normally the price would be alluring but for the consistent low quality (that wand just makes it infuriating) it just does not seem to be worth the pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Jasmineawan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to mascara for quick, easy and noticeably defined lashes! Cost effective and lash-effective!