Buxom Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

on 4/4/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this gloss in the peacock set in sephora. First of all I am not a big fan of plumping glosses. What I loved about this product is the absolutely most delicious smell ever like vanilla or butter cookies , smells yummy.

The tube is huge and that is a plus because you get more for your money , and already being a pricey product at least they give you a large tube.
The color is a beautiful warm rose with very fine gold shimmer and nice pigmentation.
I loved the color and it looks professional and poslihed enough to be worn to be office.
No crazy teen glitter here.

Now for the ugly part, I cannot stand the cooling minty feeling of the plumping effect on my lips, the effect lasts for hours and personally I do not like to be reminded of the lip products that I am wearing every second at least not in a painful way like thiss gloss does. Also my hubby hates when I wear this because the chilling and tingling efect transfers to him when he kisses me evern a subtle kiss and he hates that feeling. he calls this the spicy chilli goey.
Anothe thing that I did not like is that is damn difficult to get product out of the tube because the wands creates a vaccum efect at the tube opening and does not let the gloss out. I have to insert the tube like 20 times to get enought to cover my lips.
What I had to do is one afternoon off I inserted the tube like 200 times and each time I transferred the little amount that came out into a little pot. I am going to use the pot with a lip brush and I already tossed the had to get empty tube.
Overall I would not repurchse the product although for plumping fans this would be a great product. But for me it is not fabulous enough to re purchse.

What struck me the most was the tingly sensation after putting it on. I love the color although I wished the wand was slightly shorter and smaller. The wand is bulky.

on 3/13/2008 9:08:00 AM

I do love the Buxom Lipglosses from BE. I already own Bianca (a peachy color) so I was looking for something with a little more color. After trying on all of the pinks, I ended up with Dolly - a "shimmering muted plum" according to Sephora. This has a nice scent, and is very tingly once you put it on your lips. The only downside is that there is very little color payoff with these glosses. On me (NC25) this looks like MLBB, and very shiny - but there's almost no color to it. (I think the earlier editions of the Buxom glosses had more color, and I wish they'd go back to that.) At $18 a pop, a little more pigment would be nice! Still, the packaging is so cute, and I love the plumping effect.

Edited to add: This gloss is not worth $18.00. After about 20 minutes, it looks like a clear gloss, drying to an unflattering shade of greyish clear. I'm disappointed in it and won't be buying any more!

on 2/29/2008 7:27:00 PM

Normally, I love everything by bare Escentuals. Not this stuff. The color is lovely, but it's so strongly fragranced I can't bear to wear it.

on 2/14/2008 11:54:00 PM

I Love this gloss!! i tried it when a friend bought it and liked it so much that I had to buy my own. My lips are incredibly dry during the winter and it seems to condition them during the day. The gloss is not gloopy and your lips dont stick together when you rub them. There is a cooling sensation that i think is supposed to be part of the plumping action. If you like a decent gloss that is not sticky or gritty, you should definitely try this product. I have sooo many glosses and keep going back to this one because of the sheer quality.

on 2/13/2008 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipgloss. I've always been a little nervous to try the lip plumping glosses because I have sensitive skin, but it doesn't irritate me one bit. The cooling/hot sensation does take some getting used to, but now I love it. I really makes your lips feel pretty! And it does stay on forever. The color is really natural and it gives my lips a natural pink tone even after the gloss has worn off.

LOVE IT! :)

on 2/12/2008 9:32:00 PM

I really like this shade because it's a really good neutral. Doesn't go on as dark as it looks in the tube. It has a light cupcake smell which I like, and the cooling effect lasts a while. This doesn't hurt like Too Faced Lip Injection, thank goodness, nor does it cause your lips to be bright red. I already have fairly plumped lips, but I saw a slight plumping effect. It would probably be more noticeable on someone with thinner lips. The price is okay, I guess, because the tube is huge, so i don't feel so bad. I'll probably repurchase this in another shade in the future, just coz I get bored with the same lip color day in and day out.

on 1/13/2008 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got this as a gift - this is basically clear gloss with microshimmer on me...totally useless...doesn't really plump or moisturize. Nice sized tube, , smells good, feels good (for about 10 minutes) and then my lips are dry and as though I never applied anything to them. Would NOT buy again.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

My sister bought me the Buxom Babes variety pack for Christmas. The first thing I noticed was that for once, there wasn't one off-the-wall shade included in there that they're just trying to get rid of. When I tried the first shade, Dolly, the color was light and neutral and went on with 1-2 dips unlike the quintuple-dipping required by most sponge applicators. (I typically prefer no-nonsense brush applicators.)

As for the effect, well, that was as nice and cool as that scene from 9 Weeks. Who cares if there's no plumping effect? It feels incredible! continued >>

on 1/7/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Buxom glosses, they plump the lips while giving a hint of color. It's a great formula that's not too thick or sticky, but it still stays on the lips well.

Popular Lip Glosses