April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sister bought me the Buxom Babes variety pack for Christmas. The first thing I noticed was that for once, there wasn't one off-the-wall shade included in there that they're just trying to get rid of. When I tried the first shade, Dolly, the color was light and neutral and went on with 1-2 dips unlike the quintuple-dipping required by most sponge applicators. (I typically prefer no-nonsense brush applicators.)

As for the effect, well, that was as nice and cool as that scene from 9 Weeks. Who cares if there's no plumping effect? It feels incredible! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Buxom glosses, they plump the lips while giving a hint of color. It's a great formula that's not too thick or sticky, but it still stays on the lips well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

I have this, plus several other BE glosses and I love them. The texture, the staying power, the colors, everything about them. They taste alright also. The smell is alright also. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me say that this is my HG gloss. Dolly is my everyday color and I absolutely adore this stuff. I love the way it feels--rich, but not goopy or sticky. It smells yummy, lasts forever, and makes my lips feel soft long after I put it on. I also like the way my lips tingle with this. As far as plumping I don't think it makes that much of a difference with me but the other benefits of this gloss are more than enough to keep me happy. I have this in Krystal too and I can't wait to try some of the other glosses in the Buxom girls line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

this is my second favorite color in the buxom line. i love they way it makes my lips tingle. even though it does nothing to make my lips bigger i still gave it a 5 because the color is pretty ( a deep warm pink) and it smells nice and looks really pretty in the sun. i always get people coming up to me asking me what color i'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lip gloss color. Perfect when giving shine to BE Natural lipstick in Rose Crepe.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Alikt

This product already has great reviews, but why not one more. This is one of my favorite glosses. The color fits my medium-fare skin perfectly. The consistency is great for adhering and isn't too tacky. It also has a fragrance, but I love it. It is not perfumey at all; I would describe it more as refreshing. I'll definitely buy more Buxom glosses in the future!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips lip plumping glosses. I gave it four stars instead of five because my lips don't really look any plumper when I use it, despite that familiar tingling feeling you get with all lip plumpers. But for a fabulous lip gloss, Buxom Lips fits the bill. Dolly is a mauvy pink that, on my lips, looks natural, but better! I wear the Buxom lip glosses every day, alternating between Dolly and Ginger, and I'm eager to try the other colors, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Maria25

I am in love with Dolly lip gloss! I got this as a gift, and the person that got it for me was so convinced it was perfect for me, they got me 2 tubes!!! And guess what??...it is PERFECT for me!!!!!!!! I very rarely find a lip gloss that blows me away to the degree that i wear it every single day....and i literally do. It is the perfect YLBB look on me...with just a hint of shimmer...the "plump" factor is minimal for me, but that isn't really what i am looking for anyway...it tingles just a bit, but not too much...It is a beautiful natural pink, that i would say leans toward the neutral/brown side....for me at least. I am an NC35, quite tan, with natutally quite pigmented lips....

I love the packaging on this becuase the tube is enormoust! the price is still a tad high, but i think you really do get a lot of product for your dollar.

I have 2 other Buxom glosses, and love them as well...but THIS is my HG lip gloss...period. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by shazzer65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 04/02/10: I've discovered that the trick to wearing the BE Buxom Glosses is to apply them over a good, thick, 'stay put' lip protector (i.e. Caudalie Lip Conditioner or its much cheaper eqivalent, Alba Botanica Coconut Cream Lip Balm). I still get a little tingly, but my lips don't get totally fried. The balm also helps this to stay on for a long time. Bumped rating from 3 lippies back to 4.

UPDATE 11/08/07: I had to stop wearing this because my lips get pretty chapped during this time of year, and the gloss was exacerbating the problem. Too bad, because it's a fantastic MLBB shade. Bumped rating from 4 lippies to 3.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 09/18/07: I needed to find a replacement for my HG MLBB gloss (TF Kiss Stick in Sugar Kiss), and this was recommended to me by one of the SAs at Sephora. I love the color. Dolly is a warm mauve with subtle gold shimmer, and is perfect for a daytime, MLBB look. It nicely complements my dark brown hair and eyes and NC20 complexion. Plus, it smells like candy. :)

I took a lippie off for the tingly/minty effect. I'm not a big fan of lip plumping products, because they tend to irritate my lips. Fortunately, in this case the tingling doesn't last for very long. I've been wearing this every day since I purchased it, and when I run out (which will take a while because the gloss comes in a rather large tube), I will definitely pick up a replacement! Rating: 4 lippies.