October 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by MaggPye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd like to start off by saying I ABSOLUTELY HATE MY SKIN! Or I used to. I bought this stuff less than a week ago, and after 5 washes (translates to 2.5 days) I can already see the pesky red blotches on my cheeks and forehead just disappearing. I've tried everything up until now, and had no result. It would only help the tiniest bit if I was really meticulous and was careful not to scrub to hard. This doesn't make my skin flake, and gets it good and clean.

What I really hate about most cleansers is that I find there's always a slimy film left behind even after I wash it off thoroughly. This stuff doesn't do that. It comes off easily and feels so fresh and clean afterwards. This is what a real cleanser should feel like.

The price seems outrageous when you're standing in the store looking at it. Really, it's a GREAT price. I chopped off 2 tiny little pieces, and I've only used 1 in almost 3 days. If you've tried everything else, and still aren't happy, this is definitely the product for you.

It's got a very faint smell and it doesn't really linger after you rinse it all off. My moisturizer has a fairly strong smell though (SPF so it smells like sunscreen, but protects my face), so that may be covering up any of the scent that may stay on my skin.

As long as you don't wet the whole thing, and keep the majority of the cleanser in a dry place, you can really stretch its lifespan. I'm keeping the chopped up bits in an old Retread container, and the rest of my chunk wrapped in its original packaging, inside a ziplock baggie. Plastic isn't environmentally friendly, I know. It was my best option until I get a good air tight container big enough to fit the rest of my slice into it.

I'd be absolutely out of my mind if I said I wasn't going to buy this again. It may be a while until I need to, but when the time comes I will happily spend my $10 on this instead of dumb drugstore brands that don't do a thing. Until then, I'll be stocking my bathroom with every LUSH product I can think of!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive skin. So with a cleanser I need something that is going to be able to clean my face without stripping it and irritating it. Fresh Farmacy does just that. I was hesitant of the price but the SA assured me I wouldn't regret my purchase. I bought a seemingly small chunk for $10. With most Lush products, they tend to go fast if left in the bath or by the sink. So I cut Fresh Farmacy into 5 equal pieces. I have been using this for about 4 months now, so I can fully attest to how awesome this is. This is the first cleanser I have ever used that has throughly cleaned my face but still manages to be super gentle. I can even wash over my eyes with this and there's no stinging or irritation. My skin has cleared up immensely and calmed down significantly after using this. I was having a huge acne flare up when I bought this and I can testify that this is the sole reason for my skin clearing up. Amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this more than once. The lather was so-so and hard to disperse. I cut it small and the pieces wouldn't lather. I cut it big and it dried up. Too much trouble. Sorry LUSH, this was a fail. Otherwise, the ingredients are calming to acne prone or troubled skin. The smell is not offensive and it did help with my acne when paired with their other acne products.

I heard the formula was tweaked since I last used this (early 2010) so I may give it a second chance. Until then, I don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by hurleycutie142

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow im an idiot... so i listened to the lush sales person and she talked about how its a wonderful daily face wash blah blah blah... and so i used this 2 times a day... and omg my skin is so dry... and its weird cause my face all together is super oily... ughhh this has never happened so for the next couple of days im going to stop using to get my face back to normal... also i still am getting breakouts on my now dry cheeks and chin... wtf lush! well now i guess ill use it as a spot treatment and see if i like that...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

While this soap is pretty drying, I must say why this is so incredible. No, I do not use it as a facial wash soap. HOWEVER, whenever i have a breakout, I pretty much drench my blemish is Fresh Farmacy and leave it overnight and in the morning it is GONE!! If you repeat this the second night, any redness or sign of the blemish is gone. This stuff is amazing, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a face wash! Also, when you go to Lush, ask them to cut you off a very small piece - even if you use it as a soap. This stuff dries up and if you keep it for more thatn 4-6 months, it basically won't be useable. But, because i use it as a blemish treatment, I really just get a tiny amount and it lasts me a while!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by emmilyroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It is a very nice facial soap that does keep my skin in order, although at times it does dry out certain areas of my skin. Otherwise, it is wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I got a sample of this and it lasted me two weeks... I didn't like it. It didn't lather much and it smelled really bad. Glad i did not pay money for this...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down thee BEST cleanser for irritated skin- After waxing my skin is ULTRA sensitive. id get break outs and over all high sensitivity. After using fresh farmacy after waxing- it keeps my skin clean, clear & smooth/soft. I used to use proactiv refining mask to combat the breakouts which would just dry them out then i would get overly dry skin-which in turn caused More breakouts. FF really balances the skin though! it's so even and soft as a babys bottom, truly. Plus it lets me enjoy my waxing benefits for longer without my skin feeling so uncomfortable. the packaging is just simply wrapping in paper, i wish it were an actual container but i can deal with that along with slightly high price but it is sOo worth it. Im ecstatic! Id recommend this to anyone for problem skin or if you just want to enjoy your waxing without feeling uncomfortable. I cant wait for summer cos thats when i get more breakouts from just the weather alone, it clears congestion. 5 Star here.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I really like this product. Of the products for acne that I've tried so far this one is the best. It doesn't completely clear up my skin, but it manages my acne well. I am prone to all acne types and after I used this I have very few break outs and the acne that I do get is usually small and goes away pretty quickly. The down side is the way it's cut. I find I get a better use of the product if I cut it into small pieces. Because of the shape of it that can be difficult. If I use to big of a piece I noticed that a grey film builds up on it and it's very difficult to get a lather. Other then that all around a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by courtleigh09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using Fresh Farmacy for about a week and so far I am having really great results. My skin is sensitive, oily, and prone to break out at any time. I have tried everything from Proactiv to Clinique 3 step with no change in my skin. I notice that after I wash with FF (I cut off a small piece and work it into somewhat of a lather on my wet face then go over it with my Clarisonic) my skin feels tight, but not in a bad way. Usually after I wash my face it only takes 20 minutes or so for it be oily again. It takes several hours for it to become even slighty oily now. My face has not broken out and even seems to be clearing up. My skin looks considerably more even.
The smell is something that takes getting used to. It's definitely herbal-y but it would not be something that would stop me from using this product. The price is very good, considering the amount of product that I am using per time washing my face. The 3.5 oz bar that I got will last several months. Fingers crossed that this will finally help my skin!