July 24, 2014 | 1872 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I got a sample of this and it lasted me two weeks... I didn't like it. It didn't lather much and it smelled really bad. Glad i did not pay money for this...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down thee BEST cleanser for irritated skin- After waxing my skin is ULTRA sensitive. id get break outs and over all high sensitivity. After using fresh farmacy after waxing- it keeps my skin clean, clear & smooth/soft. I used to use proactiv refining mask to combat the breakouts which would just dry them out then i would get overly dry skin-which in turn caused More breakouts. FF really balances the skin though! it's so even and soft as a babys bottom, truly. Plus it lets me enjoy my waxing benefits for longer without my skin feeling so uncomfortable. the packaging is just simply wrapping in paper, i wish it were an actual container but i can deal with that along with slightly high price but it is sOo worth it. Im ecstatic! Id recommend this to anyone for problem skin or if you just want to enjoy your waxing without feeling uncomfortable. I cant wait for summer cos thats when i get more breakouts from just the weather alone, it clears congestion. 5 Star here.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I really like this product. Of the products for acne that I've tried so far this one is the best. It doesn't completely clear up my skin, but it manages my acne well. I am prone to all acne types and after I used this I have very few break outs and the acne that I do get is usually small and goes away pretty quickly. The down side is the way it's cut. I find I get a better use of the product if I cut it into small pieces. Because of the shape of it that can be difficult. If I use to big of a piece I noticed that a grey film builds up on it and it's very difficult to get a lather. Other then that all around a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by courtleigh09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using Fresh Farmacy for about a week and so far I am having really great results. My skin is sensitive, oily, and prone to break out at any time. I have tried everything from Proactiv to Clinique 3 step with no change in my skin. I notice that after I wash with FF (I cut off a small piece and work it into somewhat of a lather on my wet face then go over it with my Clarisonic) my skin feels tight, but not in a bad way. Usually after I wash my face it only takes 20 minutes or so for it be oily again. It takes several hours for it to become even slighty oily now. My face has not broken out and even seems to be clearing up. My skin looks considerably more even.
The smell is something that takes getting used to. It's definitely herbal-y but it would not be something that would stop me from using this product. The price is very good, considering the amount of product that I am using per time washing my face. The 3.5 oz bar that I got will last several months. Fingers crossed that this will finally help my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this when I was 18 and it was the first product I found that really helped to clear up my skin while protecting my sensitive skin from drying out. It contains lavender which helps to balance sebum production in the skin (not cut out oil altogether, but balancing it) and the calamine helps to soothe sensitive skin. Even cooler, as with many LUSH bars, you can purchase as much or as little as you want and it doesn't come in bulky, wasteful packaging - great for those of us who are conscious of the impact of overpackaging on the environment! The only down side for this is that because of the calamine, you really have to make sure you store this somewhere that it can dry out or it sort of melts into a sludge. It doesn't foam, rather you work up some into a cream in your hands before working it onto your skin. For anyone who is acne prone with sensitive skin, this is worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Iliana_corey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My husband and I have been looking for a cleanser to help us treat our occasional breakouts, and oily-yet-sensitive skin. This cleanser is really good! I did notice that it is a bit drying if used daily, so I use it every other day -which, to be honest, it's perfectly fine to me-. This and saving face serum have given me an almost prefect complexion!

My husband can use this daily and his breakouts and redness have significantly reduced. He is not the kind of guy to ask for more beauty products and he asked me to get some more!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

This is the worst product that I have ever used to try and clean my skin. It's also the one product from LUSH that I have tried that I have totally regretted. I have normal skin which is slightly moist/oily of normal, but not quite oily, in the hotter months. I do NOT have sensitive skin at all, but the sales girl recommended this over the coalface considering my skin wasn't that tough. Worst decision in my life. It actually made my skin angry, more uneven-ness and whiteheads and its started popping up (which sucks since I've been about 95% clear for a while). My skin also got really dry and kind of painful. Imagine what would have happened if I actually did have sensitive skin?!!!
Last night, it got worse. I am someone that is very careful to keep products out of the eye area and a tiny trickle of water ran into one of my eyes while this was on my face. Let me just say that pepper in the eye hurts less than this stuff. I'm talking "thrashing around in agony from the pain of having your eyes feel like they're burning out" kind of pain. Most cleansers only have a small mild pain when accidents like this happen, and they always do, even if you're very careful. This product is not safe for the face. Steer clear. I'd give it negative stars if I could.
I'm going back to Angels on Bare Skin or Herbalism.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by saccharinity

I love this cleanser. I have combination skin that tends toward more oily and the cleanser has also helped fade some acne scars. You have to keep the chunk you buy in a zip lock bag and put the pieces you cut off to use in a travel soap dish (the kind with a lid). The soap will dry out otherwise, people who complain about a white film left behind are using dried out soap. The soap turns a darker pink as it dries out, as long as there is significant light pink on the piece you are using you're cool, the darker pink will fade with use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I highly recommend anyone with hormonal acne get a sample of this because after 3 years of hunting this is the only thing that has worked for me. Background info: I started getting hormonal adult acne 3 years ago, constant spots on my chin and jawline which has left me some red scars. I would only ever really get spots on my chin which is why I think it is hormonal. I tried salcylic acid treatments, salt, clinique, tea tree oil, doing nothing, simple and honey among others. I have been using this for two months and have been almost spot free for the last few weeks which is amazing. I do still get the odd spot on my chin but they are much much smaller than before - slightly bigger than a blackhead rather than a big cyst - and they go within 2 days rather than hanging around for weeks. As this is drying I only use it on my problem / oily areas (my t zone) and follow with toner (eau roma) to remove any residue and then moisturiser. I break off a little piece each time as I feel this is more hygeinic then getting the whole bar wet. I use this as a treatment twice daily after using another cleanser (ultrabland for evening). The bar has antiseptic ingredients (tea tree), healing ingredients and hormone balancing (lavender) aswell as soap (SLS) to strip off the bad grease but this is why it is important to moisturise afterwards so your skin doesn't compensate by getting more oily. Just to warn the first week of using this I got a major break out but then completely cleared up so it is worth persevering as it may be your skin is purging at first.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by paprcups

Got this from Australia when my friend went on holiday there. It was the first Lush product I'd ever tried and for a while I swore not to succumb to the Lush hype (before I tried Coal Face, that is) because of this!! It's supposed to be a calming bar for sensitive/oily skin but it totally dried up my face and made my oily but flaky skin flake even more. It also left a residue on my face that was kinda powdery/chalky, which I do not like. Also, surprisingly, Lush products are more expensive in Australia and the US compared to the UK - significantly! So if you can get your Lush from the UK, you should, because it'll save you some usd$4-6 for every product. Wouldn't buy this again :(