August 2, 2014 | 982 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by benny143

Great lightweight non-greasy lotion for everyday use! The smell is nice, the packaging is generous (pump is a plus!), and lotion absorbs quickly! I like to apply this after the shower. As far as providing "deep" moisturizing power-- I'm just not convinced. I think this lotion is better for those in need of lightweight moisture (like myself.) I am also impressed with the amount of lotion you get with this $4.00 product!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Smells gorgeous, a lot nicer than the Palmers cocoa butter formula. I find this lotion to be pretty moisturizing, but nothing miraculous. The main pro's in my mind are that it is lightweight, not heavy or greasy or sticky, absorbs quickly, smells good, doesn't break me out on my chest (most lotions break me out on my chest) and gives light moisturization. It's great for summer time when my skin isn't too dry. However, in winter, I prefer using something more emolliant and moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I loooove the smell of this lotion! It doesn't smell of chocolate ala Palmers but more of french vanilla ice cream - mmmmm. The smell is not overpowering and lingers lovingly to your skin for around 3 to 4 hours. It is easily available everywhere and is very reasonable priced. It has not set off my very sensitive skin and has even helped with keeping kp at bay.

Now for the cons. It isn't an intense lotion with emollient properties. Even in summer I am adding a generous amount of sweet almond oil to the container, however with the lotion being quite runny, I can shake the entire bottle to distribute the oil and that does add more comfort to very dry skin. Another negative is the feel of your skin. While it does sink in very quickly, even with the oil added, it leaves a very weird film behind, that is both with and without the oil. Not loving that part at all.

I just wish I could have the smell of this lotion, mixed with the feel of the palmers bha/aha lotion (without that awful wet towel/old spice stench) and the greeness of the Alba botanica lotions. Dreeeaaammmm weaver!

Edit: Changed to will not purchase again - I just can't get over the film it leaves on my skin. It makes me feel damp under clothes - not a pleasant feeling despite its lovely smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by TheHutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a large bottle of this lotion about 2 years ago, and have finally used it up! So yeah, it lasts quite a while. Probably the best thing about this lotion is that is soaks into your skin quickly, so you don't have any lingering greasiness. It smells nice. Its moisturizing ability isn't fantastic, and it is rather watery; I prefer a more thick, creamy lotion. All in all I would say this lotion is "fine," or "okay," works fine but doesn't knock my socks off.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by olives5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good for basic mostuiriseing needs. It doesn't do anything amazing or leave your skin feeling espically soft. but it will relieve the feeling of itchiness or tightness the way some soaps or hard water can leave your skin feeling. Overall good product, but kinda boring. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and scents, i guess i'm a advertiser's dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since pregnant i have been trying to massage moisturising lotion everyday; don't believe for a 2nd it will prevent stretchmarks but hoping it wil help my skin to return to original condition better.

Anyway being a product junkie who is trying to stop spending money i find body lotion a great way of satisfying both these points as the can be really cheap. So i have been buying a different one everytime i run out and this is my favourite so far.

Goes on really easily and absorbs quickly so i can get dressed straight after putting it on. Scent is very light and doesn't bother me at all - and i have a sensitive pregnant smell sense at the moment.

Yes it's not luxurious but it's cheap and does exactly what i want.

I have ticked would buy again as i would if it wasn't for the fact i want to start using up ones i have been given in gift sets.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dustyjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have already repurchased this 3 times already. I just love the scent, the perfect intensity which faintly lingers on the body and fragrances clothes without being noticeable. Strongly perfumed body lotions just give me a headache and are really irritating after a while. I love this cream but it breaks me out in spots on my arms so I use it everywhere else. I have had to buy a different body lotion just to use on my arms which is far from ideal but still I will buy this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I just got this a few days ago, but so far, so good. I like the ingredients - it has shea butter, urea, and lactic acid - which really helps with the keratosis pilaris on my arms (some other lotions just make it worse). It does an ok job on the rest of my body and hands. The smell and packaging are ok but nothing special ... I'm a sucker for pretty packing and delicious smelling products so I wish it were a little nicer, but I suppose the trade off is the cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has not become my HG body lotion, which is currently Nivea's Smooth Sensation Lotion for dy skin. First of all, this Vaseline lotion smells a little odd, to me. It doesn't really smell like cocoa, more like... caramel, I believe.. I dunno, smells a little funky I guess. Second of all, it's definately not as moisturizing as my Nivea lotion. It does the job for sure but it is not the best for winter time. Might use that during summer, I am pretty sure it'd be moisturizing enough. It is creamy compared to my Nivea lotion, which has kind of a whip-like consistency. I find that this Vaseline lotion is a little more watery, and it is true that this sometimes leaves a little sticky, uncomfortable residue/film on the skin. Packaging wise, I'd obviously recommend purchasing the pump bottle. I didn't just because I wanted a smaller packaging to try this product out. Might repurchase during summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately it did not work for me. Made me itchy. My younger brother loves it and uses it as a face cream. I am so jealous.