Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

4.1

WATER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 6/14/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HG moisturizer...I even use it on my face! I actually prefer the no-name brands (equate is a good one), as they are a bit thicker and about half the price, but all the same stuff. I have very dry/itchy skin and get a lot of eczema on my hands and legs (and right now, face). This really keeps it at bay and doesn't irritate at all. For the last year, this is the only lotion I've been using on my face and I found my skin tone is a little more even as well. I'm nearing 30 so I will probably switch to something more suited to anti aging though :)

on 6/2/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My usual Suave Cocoa Butter & Shea wasn't moisturizing enough for me so I started looking for something new. Since I love the cocoa butter scent & saw the great reviews this had, I picked it up. Doesn't soak in super quickly but doesn't leave my skin feel tacky at all. It's the end of the day now & I don't have any dry or rough patches on me. If it continues to perform well, I will continue to buy

on 5/28/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry sensitive skin, especially during the winter. Sometimes my skin is so parched that it screams for moisture. I bought this product thinking that since it was made by vaseline, that it might be good for my skin. First of all, it is too greasy. That almost sounds impossible for someone who has my condition. It doesn't seem to absorb that well into your skin and stays on the surface. The scent is rather pronounced. If you have eczema or allergies, fragrance is a big offender. Each time I apply this,it makes me itch and break out. I was very disappointed by this one and will not be repurchasing.

on 5/28/2010 6:07:00 PM

I purchased this product a couple months after using my co-workers for hand cream...
The smell is okay, not the best because it does last for a long time.
It's pretty greasy and I always have to wait a while before getting dressed, otherwise I just can't handle the greasy feeling under my clothes like other reviewers have said.
I've moved on to more Vaseline creams that I like a lot more, and have less of an obnoxious scent....

This is a good cream for winter if you have really dry skin!

This is a great lotion to have around the house. I originally bought it because I heard cocoa butter lotion is good for skin like mine (w/ stretch marks) but I absolutely hated the smell of other coca butter lotions like Palmers (ick!! it smells disgusting) I tried this one and was surprised it smelled different/better than all the other cocoa butter lotions out there. As far as packaging, yeah...its not the nicest thing to look at, but I honestly don't care as long as it works :) It is definitely very moisturizing, has a subtle nice smell, and keeps my skin hydrated between showers (1-2 days). I left this out in my room a couple times and whoever would be visiting (family, friends) would always use it, which is why I suggest buying a bottle and just putting it out around the house...my whole family uses a pump of this stuff every time they see it. Plus, its a little less than $4, so its not a terrible waste of money :)

on 5/8/2010 4:46:00 AM

My HG body lotion! I have gone through 3 bottles in the last few months and I can't say enough good things about this lotion. Very inexpensive, readily available at many stores, great scent, moisturizing, non-greasy, doesn't break me out, and leaves my skin feeling sooo soft. Absolutely love it! For reference I purchase the large economic bottle for $6 at Walmart.

on 5/6/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

it is ok but not great. i've heard a lot about cocoabutter lotions and this one is not what i have in mind. the smell is not the best but it is not bad i just don't like it.

on 5/6/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product is one of the best drug store products out there. Not only did it say what it promised-- it deeply moisturized-- but its ingredient list is impressive. I won't hesitate to buy again.

on 4/24/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was on the hunt for the best lotion out there.
I tried all the brands (through trial sizes) that I've ever heard of in Target, in organic lines, but I stayed away from the majority of the Sephora/Nordstrom type brands since I didn't want something heavily perfumed.
First off, the packaging is very despicable, definitely the first thing you'll take note of. I've been trying out products, so that when I can afford a nice apartment (post college) I'll only have the best of everything I've tried. Nothing else. In all my fantasies of that day with all my gleaming products lined up, I could never see this ugly brown container (or anything remotely like it in appearance) amongst them, and even if it were exceptionally amazing, i'd have to hide it under the bathroom sink.
This didn't fit into the holy grail category at all though. It's an alright moisturizer (a failure however if you expect 'deep conditioning' like the name states), with an alright smell, and a horrible look to it. Cocoa beans are brown. I get that...
Long story short, there are a lot better things out there for moisture, and the best that I've found which ended my hunt of the perfect lotion was Mi Voga's Acai body lotion (Jergen's Cherry Almond was second). Mi Voga's is absolutely the best. And organic. Try that if luxury and quality means a lot to you. As for this, I won't be returning it. It was cheap. No big gain, and no big loss either.

on 4/22/2010 10:29:00 PM

Great lightweight non-greasy lotion for everyday use! The smell is nice, the packaging is generous (pump is a plus!), and lotion absorbs quickly! I like to apply this after the shower. As far as providing "deep" moisturizing power-- I'm just not convinced. I think this lotion is better for those in need of lightweight moisture (like myself.) I am also impressed with the amount of lotion you get with this $4.00 product!!

Top Rated Vaseline Products