April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by IllumiGem

I like this so much better than the strawberry one...this texture is so much more smooth and moisturizing. I can actually feel my finger sink into the balm a little whereas the strawberry one remains hard as a rock! The mint flavor and added tint are nice. The tin container looks adorable but highly unpractical...aside from being unhygenic, the lid is sometimes hard to get off. I said I wouldn't repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say for the record that I HATED, absolutely abhored, the first and original Rosebud Salve. Nasty stuff it was. Horrid smell and taste, greasy consistency and all. But, it's been awhile and I've totally changed my views when they came out with the minted version. Thank you Higher Powers That Be! This one is great, albeit still a bit on the Vaseline-y greasy side. That's okay, it's a salve and to be expected right? The major attraction for me is the sheer red shade and minty tingle and taste it provides. I keep a tin on my desk at work at all times. It's a nice little pick-me-up and the tin is adorable. I suspect it might be a bit drying for my lips if I apply it too often, but otherwise it does the job nicely. I've even groomed my brows, softened my cuticles and rubbed on my cheekbones for a bit of definition with this stuff when in a pinch. (And as a sidenote, don't scratch your eye after applying this stuff, slight owie there. Yes, I found out the hard way. Duh.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVORITE lip balm ever. I have this, the regular Rosebud Salve, and the strawberry. I use them all, but Minted Rose is my favorite. That's the one I'm running out of a lot faster. It's such a wonderful scent, and it really makes my lips soft. It's also a bit glossy, so I kinda look like I made more of an effort than I actually did. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sfpink

I love this product! I liked it even better than the original. The balm is not as thick as the original, but the minty scent and tingly sensation makes this one better. I keep this tin in my purse, and I have lip balm, moisturizer, and hand cream all in one. The only thing that I don't like is the design of the packaging. When I have dirty hands, I don't want to dip my finger in the tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by enshopper05

I like this much better than the original version. It makes my lips soft and minty fresh! I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ekdumas19

I think this is the best Rosebud Salve lip product. I love the refreshing minty quality of it, and the jelly like consistency that slides on so nicely. Def a must for any woman's purse!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

this is like the original but better! original rose salve is my favorite lip balm to use overnight but the pigment in this one and fresh minty taste, i can use this in the daytime. its very hydrating and i like that it has more pigment in it. the tin is huge for cost and will last awhile. i would rebuy both this one and the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by AlisaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this balm. 'Nuff said. (-:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

got this as part of a birthday present, and i must say i might love it even more than the original rosebud salve. i like that its minty and still moisturizes so well, and as other reviewers have mentioned, it seems to leave a bit more color on the lips than the original. the packaging is adorable and there is a generous amount given for the price. overall a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by may_baby

I love Smith's products. I had bought the original rosebud salve just because I thought it looked cool. When I used it, there was something oddly familiar about it. Then it hit me. My mother used to use it on her hands over 20 years ago when I was a little girl. That made me love it even more because it reminded me of my mom. But that's neither here nor there... so... I didn't know they made this minted lip balm until I came across it on Sephora one day and had to have it. This one does tint you lips more than the original. And I don't normally like mint but this isn't too bad. I use it at night before bed and I wake up with the softest lips. And it's not too sticky that you feel yucky putting it on with your fingers. It's fantastic!