October 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by sxy_blond

I do like this balm, its nice and moisturizing and non stickey. It does itsjob of protecting my lips from the cold Toronto winters. the packaging tends to be difficult to open, and since its a metal box, it can dent making it almost inpossible to open. I do not liek the red tint it leaves on lips, i prefer the look of the regular rosebud salve.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Am i the only that find the smell gagworthy? :\ I mean your nose is RIGHT above your mouths people! :P
Owwa :( I wanted these for so long and being in the UK i spent a little extra and ordered a few tins off eBay (which will be goin up onto my swap list). I do like the healthy slight red tint and tingle it gives but it's just not something i want to smell all day and i also found it didn't keep my lips moisturised very long at all.
As soon as i got these I compared it with my 'Rose & Co Cherry Kiss' lip balm which i prefer A LOTTT more, it's abit thicker &goopy..er than the Smith's (but i don't get any white stuff ..you know what im talking about!), it ALSO gives the same red tint, and ALSO comes in a cute vintage tin, aaand the lovely cherry scent DOESN'T make me wana gag! I doubt i'll be purchasing this again, not really worth the hassle!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

Eh. This stuff just works ok. The mint version is 10x better than the original. This is a sheer moisturizer that adds a healthy glow to the lips - for about 10 minutes. It is very lightly tinted, but not so much so that my husband can not use. The color it gives is more of a natural lip color than an actual color. The mint is refreshing. It does not stay on all that long. I have to reapply more than once every hour.
The packaging is a real issue. It is really cute - I love the retro theme. But the container can be very hard to open. I have a few containers of this that have been sitting around because I can't get them open. I guess the cover just gets on there the wrong way, and when that happens, it is stuck. When I get desperate, I have to pry it open with my husband's swiss army knife, and it takes a long time. Now I just immediately put the salve into another container to avoid this problem.
The price is actually a bargain for the amount of use you should get out of it. One tub lasts me a year. Might repurchase, but DHC's lip cream is still the best lip moisturizer I have found. It can run circles around this and the tube is a lot more convenient than this rickety little tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by twizzyrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I had the original, which I liked okay, but only used it as one of many lipbalms. This one I use alll the time, and I've even stopped wearing anything else, which is weird for me because I've been addicted to lipstick and stains forever. I agree with the previous reviewer that it leaves a slight tint- it looks so pretty. I think the little tin is really cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by haykitty

I absolutely love this product! It's so much better than the original. If you're stuck between the two, definitely opt for this one. Not only does it have a lovely fresh feeling - it's got the slightest natural tint to it.

I wish Smith's would make a cheek stain with the same tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by karlitabooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the mint version of my favorite rosebud salve! Great flavor, great consistency. I keep this at my desk at work. You get a lot of product for $7 and the tin lasts me forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by IllumiGem

I like this so much better than the strawberry one...this texture is so much more smooth and moisturizing. I can actually feel my finger sink into the balm a little whereas the strawberry one remains hard as a rock! The mint flavor and added tint are nice. The tin container looks adorable but highly unpractical...aside from being unhygenic, the lid is sometimes hard to get off. I said I wouldn't repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me say for the record that I HATED, absolutely abhored, the first and original Rosebud Salve. Nasty stuff it was. Horrid smell and taste, greasy consistency and all. But, it's been awhile and I've totally changed my views when they came out with the minted version. Thank you Higher Powers That Be! This one is great, albeit still a bit on the Vaseline-y greasy side. That's okay, it's a salve and to be expected right? The major attraction for me is the sheer red shade and minty tingle and taste it provides. I keep a tin on my desk at work at all times. It's a nice little pick-me-up and the tin is adorable. I suspect it might be a bit drying for my lips if I apply it too often, but otherwise it does the job nicely. I've even groomed my brows, softened my cuticles and rubbed on my cheekbones for a bit of definition with this stuff when in a pinch. (And as a sidenote, don't scratch your eye after applying this stuff, slight owie there. Yes, I found out the hard way. Duh.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVORITE lip balm ever. I have this, the regular Rosebud Salve, and the strawberry. I use them all, but Minted Rose is my favorite. That's the one I'm running out of a lot faster. It's such a wonderful scent, and it really makes my lips soft. It's also a bit glossy, so I kinda look like I made more of an effort than I actually did. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sfpink

I love this product! I liked it even better than the original. The balm is not as thick as the original, but the minty scent and tingly sensation makes this one better. I keep this tin in my purse, and I have lip balm, moisturizer, and hand cream all in one. The only thing that I don't like is the design of the packaging. When I have dirty hands, I don't want to dip my finger in the tin.