August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this a lot. Not sure if it will be my HG of foundations, but it subtly makes me look more polished. I took one lippie off because it's sooo expensive!!

Edit: Not buying this again. I did my face 1/2 with this and 1/2 with Maybelling Age Rewind cream and the cheapo drugstore stuff looked sooo much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 7:21:00 AM More reviews by nhwrites

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, at 53, I've finally found my HG foundation! SKII is as amazing as the women who like it here have said. I do have pretty good skin to start with so I've never needed to wear much foundation. But, this really evens out my skin tone and I've gotten compliments about my SKIN each time I've worn it. You can put it on as light or as heavy as you need to but you put it on one coat at a time.

When the spray goes on, you just feel this very light airy feeling on your face. I love that it doesn't get in your hair because the particles are only attracted to skin. It's really quite amazing! I've been very happy with my LM Silk Creme but this is so much easier and so much faster too!

You put your concealer, blush and powder (if you use it) on first and then you follow up with this amazing spray. I've been saving it for special times because of the price. But, with all of the compliments and since I can see such a great difference as well, I'm going to start using it regularly.

The most expensive part of buying this is just the initial money that you pay out for the canister. The refills aren't that bad and when it makes you look this good, especially at my age, it's definitely worth it!

Now, do I try the Jan Marini eyelash formula...ah, such dilemmas! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by elaphunt

I hate wearing makeup and putting on foundation takes takes too long for me (I'm a mascara and lip gloss girl who will spend only 5 mins max getting ready). So, when I saw this product in a magazine, I immediately went to Saks and fell in love. Now, I actually LOOK FORWARD to using this fun gizmo which takes literally a minute to apply. I only put a thin layer on because I find it gets too pale with a heavier coat. But, it completely evens out my skin tone, doesn't make my skin break out and is so lightweight that I forget that I even put it on! The first day I used this product I got complimented by 5 people on how great my skin looked! Just a note, be realistic - you'll still need to use a concealer and don't think this product is a magic wand because it will NOT hide blemishes or zits. Yes, its insanely expensive, but sooo worth the price! PS... this passed the boyfriend caress test - my boyfriend kept pinching my cheeks and exclaiming how he loves when I don't wear make-up. Little did he know that I WAS wearing makeup!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by siata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is really good, feels almost weightless and looks decent, though the coverage may be very light. I found it dries my skin out a little bit towards the middle of the day. For the evening, it's perfect. Does not stick to hair and clothes, which is useful when you need to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by JCAUDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my search for my perfect foundation and now with my skin changing, I will try anything. Well, I tried this originally at Saks and ended up returning it because of the shade, couldn't get one out of the four they had to match. And with the price, couldn't see spending $150 for something that was useless to me! But... while on my trip to Tokyo, I found my PERFECT match! There were actually 9 shades I think, I guess we just dont' get them all here. I am actually a BE2( which would be like a MAC NC25ish, LM Foundation Stick in Natural) it is a complete match to my skin, which would be a neutral to slight yellow undertone. I have also used OP3 which is quite close, but not an exact match in shade, but would work. This is the one I would get if I run out of the Be2 and can't get it. All of the other shades carried here in the US was too pink. It wears all day, I may have to touch up if it is extremely hot, but other than that the staying power is wonderful. The coverage is buildable so it really all depends on what I need for the moment. I am going to two months of everyday use and the tiny pouch still seems mostly full. They told me it would last about 8-9months. So I really don't think the price is unreasonable. The initial price is high, but you pay for the air machine but the refill package consists of two refill pouches at $80 and at this rate would be about $40 a year! Now, how can you beat that!! Now all I have to do is go back to Tokyo once a year and stock up! I can handle that excuse to go back!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by evolution

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I too have been looking for that special founation over many years and I would say this product hits the spot. You need to ask the SK-II SA to go through the mechanics of the machine but once you've grasped that the results are fantastic. The foundation goes on so easily and covers beautifully. I have medium fair skin and yet the SA used the no.6 which I believe is the darkest shade. However because the coverage is sheer, it just gives a genuine healthy glow.
    I have applied the foundation straight on to moisturised skin with eye shadow and blusher applied beforehand and then adding mascara and lipstick afterwards. If you use a concealer it can go on before too.
    Quite heavy to carry round in a bag, but so convenient for re-applying if having a long day at work or out all day. It does last well however.
    It is pricey and I don't know how long a sachet will last but if I'm still this pleased with it I will continue to pay for it. Wonderful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Jenna309

This is my HG. I have tried everything. The ease of application (no more brushes or sponges) is worth the very high price. Additionally, the finish is flawless and I have an oily T-zone with large pores on my nose. I apply my concealer, eyeshadow, and blush and then spray this product (held 4 inches from my face) all over focusing mainly on the T-zone where I need coverage. I let it dry/set for 10 min and then I apply a light dusting of BB powder all over. I find it stays on better, doesn't smear on my nose, and doesn't get too oily (more dewey) later in the day. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by nursecarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got my airtouch foundation ( thanks to my bf) last weekend. I've only used it twice so far and i like how my skin looked. It made my skin more flawless and smooth. At first, the sales person put on shade 3 on me, good thing i disagreed with her and got the lightest shade ( OP-1) instead. i was amazed that its so high tech. As for now, i am so having fun with this foundation. by the way it's best if you pair it with the SKII compact foundation as a concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by christina7006

I did not like this product AT ALL! I love to find new products and i was really excited when i saw an add for skII so i went to the makeup counter. When i got home i tried it for two days but my face was oilier than usual by midday..so i returned it..o well i am back to bare minerals..and still searching for the perfect foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:13:00 AM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh....I hate to be the nay sayer here but sorry....this is useless for me. The SA sprayed it on my hand for about 60 seconds...saw no difference whatsoever. Then she put in on my whole face, spraying a good amount for about 2 minutes. So no difference whatsoever. I asked my husband how it looks (he was at the dept store with me)....he goes, well other than you look dry and flaky now, no difference :(
    IMO, big waste of money. Zero coverage (not even sheer). I would say as a pore filler maybe it'd work but honestly....I saw nothing happening and I didn't look good after it was applied :(
    Glad it seems to work for many tho!