October 24, 2014 | 1910 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by azng4life

The brush is horrible, absolutely, positively horrible. The eyeliner itself just clumps all over it, and any attempt to wipe it off on the sides of the liner bottle is futile because it will never get a distinctly pointy tip. Also, you have to be careful not to wipe too much on the sides of the bottle because, like nail polish, you will never be able to get it open again. I am in love with the staying power though, because it truly lasts all day, even though it's horrible application ended up on my eyes for a whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by OvaryAction

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a good liquid liner, and stays put very well, but you have to be very adept with liquid liners and I feel that you have to use a separate brush to get best results.

It's a thick formula, so you have to be careful not to apply too much, or it doesn't dry properly. You also have to avoid blinking until it's dry, or you'll get transfer.

A MAC artist sold me this way before I was good enough with liner, let alone liquid liner, to be able to use it properly. I kept getting a gloopy, thick mess all over my lids and lashes.

A year later, I have now had a lot of practice with gel and liquid liners, and can apply it deftly with a thin, angled brush (clean that brush well, or the Liquidlast will dry and ruin it!). It does stay put incredibly (I just wore it in a mosh pit during Iggy and the Stooges, and it didn't move), but the learning curve is a bit high for Liquidlast newbies. I went through a phase when I ditched it in a drawer because the application is so difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by katjanatasha

I bought this after seeing it in a video tutorial by Pixiwoo on YouTube. I needed to create a Marilyn Monroe look for the stage, and I must say this product lived up to its name. Even sweating under hot lights, it lasted without budging. You have to take special care when putting it on; it takes a couple minutes to dry completely and you don't want to glance up too quickly and then give yourself a transfer mark along your upper eye. But for me, it was worth a little extra care in application to know it would stay put. A good bi-phase eyemakeup remover is necessary -- and in fact, even when I used Bi-Facil by Lancome, I had to make several passes at the liner to completely remove it. So, perhaps my only complaint is that the liner lasts almost too well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Crystalx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a liner to use once because I was going swimming. I bought it thinking it was waterproof but I was wrong. The liner flaked off as I was swimming and it was really embarrassing. The formula is way too thick and it was hard to work with because once it's dry, you can't fix it. For the price I paid, it definitely wasn't worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mintcandyapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best liquid liner. It is a very deep black. I have a tendency to rub my eyes, and this liner does. not. budge. It really stays put until you take it off. Obviously, a regular cleanser won't remove all of this. You will definitely need remover to get all of this off.
I also am a huge fan of the brush applicator. It gives you a level of control that isn't possible with felt-tip liners. You can very easily go from thin to thick while keeping the line smooth.
I would not recommend this liner to those who don't have a steady hand or are new to liquid liner. Since it is so intensely pigmented and long-lasting, it isn't easy to correct.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

This is a must_have liquid eyeliner for smokey eyes when you go clubbing and it's great for the hot summer because it's so true to its name: liquidlst. It stays on all day and i didn't have to reapply it at all. My lids are pretty oily and fluidline smudged on me. However, liquidlast is just phenomenal. I'm going to get other color of this same formulas cuz it's that great. For pointblack, the color pay off is fantastic.It's just a true black. When it's wet, it's a little shiny but when it dries, it has a semi matte finish. I don't like it when some liquid liners have a shiny finish when dried but Point black liquidlast doesn't have that problem so it's great :). Some drawback is the applicator like other reviewer has mentioned earlier.It's hard to control cuz the tip of the brush is so wimpy but if you do it in really small strokes than it'll be easier. Or you can just use another liner brush like the 209 brush from MAC. The price is 16.50 which is somewhat steep for a liquid eyeliner but consider the quality it delivers, i think it's totally worth it because i have tried more expensive liquid liners like artliner from lancome or the shiseido liner and neither of those two delivered what liquidlast does. So yeah. I hope they use the same formula but with a felt tip applicator then this would be a HG status.
Oh and to take it off, i use baby oil and it works very well for me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by frazycynthia

You can swim in the ocean and this liner will not come off. Honestly, I'm too scared to work with this eyeliner because if I mess up, it's almost impossible to fix! It's like a set on site kind of thing. Right when it dries, it's done. The only way you can get this liner off is with a really good oil based makeup remover like the one from MAC. Or you can use vegetable oil. The color is really, really black which I really like. The brush is stiff, so it's somewhat easy to work with. The formula is goopy, I like that too :)
Overall, I would not purchase this liner again. I feel like it's too risky using it, so it just sits in my makeup drawer until I have the balls to use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of liquid liners. I have been using liquid liner since I was a teenager so I'm a pro at applying. My skin is ridiculously oily so ALL eyeliner comes off except this. I have used Bobbi Brown and MAC's gel liners which are nice but they still come off. I love this liquid and can't buy any other.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only liquid liner that does not smudge on me but its super hard to apply. (Even fluidline smudges on me!) The brush is tough to use, I had to use Sigma's angled brush instead. The liquid is too thick too to apply too. I got it in green and loved the color and glitter but hate the application part. I just don't use it anymore because it felt too challenging.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by MAIMAII

Nodding with agreement! It lasts sooo long, but the brush is diffucult to use. I'm normally good at putting on liquid eyeliner, but this one really takes time and patience to perfect. Because of this...and its amazing staying power (even when you want it to come off) I still loved it to bits but only used it for nights out. using it about once a week...but the bloody thing has gone suuuuper glopy! I can no longer use it. Ive had it a while (maybe 4/5months?) but theres still plenty left, but its unuseable its so thick. Grrr...
But I will still buy it again, purely for an event when I know I will cry...freedom from panda eyes is worth 13.50 even if it only lasts a while!