MAC Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

4.1

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 8/12/2010 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've used this eyeliner for over a year now, and it's one that I keep coming back to. It's been my HG. ^_^

The most impressive thing is the staying power. 99% of the time, this stays on ALL day. I have Asian/monolid and oily eyelids, so any eyeliner that will not smudge is a bonus for me. On occasion though, I have found that I will get a line on my upper eyelid, although it's possible that this is just an application problem, since this doesn't happen all the time.

The brush could be much better, as it takes some getting used to. The handle is too short to make a decent thin line. I sometimes use a brush from my other other eyeliner (it has a longer handle) in order to apply the Liquidlast.

Removal for me is relatively easy. I use a cotton pad soaked in some eye makeup remover, and press it against my lid for like 30 sec max. Then some slight rubbing usually takes it off.

I love this in Point Black. I've also tried this in brown, but that one never seems to work as well for me, so I've mainly stuck with the black.

on 8/9/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love love love!!!

The absolute best eyeliner that I have ever used! You need to be steady and skilled with liquid eyeliner in order to make this work. I've been using liquid eyeliner on a daily basis for the past five years and the only competition for LiquidLast is L'Oreal's Lineur Intense. As mentioned before, this product is for the ladies who are aiming for an intense, rich, black line. This stuff will not budge without a dual phase remover. I would cry if they ever discontinued this product.

on 7/30/2010 9:29:00 AM

This is my HG! THe staying power is like no other - it stays perfect even after a long swim. The pigmentation is thick and dark and looks amazing. The drawback is that it dries up super fast and the brush is a load of rubbish. I just substitute it with my eyeliner brush from bobbi brown and it does wonders. Love it.

on 7/19/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This liner wears like IRON. You pretty much need an oil/thick cream cleanser to get it off. It's a very dark, true black and it sets pretty fast. The only problem is the brush is rubbish and since the formula dries fast you need to apply relatively quickly because it will get gunky on the brush. I use generic art store fine liner brushes that cost 4 or so dollars and they're loads better than the one that comes with it. You can get a really good fine line with these brushes and this liner, and the result is pretty hot. However, if you aren't used to liquid liners this is not the one to start off with. I still slightly prefer MAC fluidline in Blacktrack simply because it is loads easier to work with. If you need something that is truly waterproof though, you can't beat Liquidlast.

on 7/18/2010 7:36:00 PM

I love how this liquidliner stays on, is a true waterproof eyeliner and glides smoothly. My only con is the price almost $15 for something that I have to toss away after 3 months since I am hygiene freak I will toss it automatically. Will I be buying it well if I find it under $10 with shipping included yes or when I find a real job that pays me well.

Pros: Excellent staying power
Cons: Brush is ok, may not be easy to apply if you're not good at using liquid eyeliners

I wore this swimming, then I washed my face and it still stayed on. I use Pond's cold cream and it takes it off very easily. Also, when applying I dip a q-tip in the cold cream to correct any mistakes. It does take a minute to dry so you just have to be careful to not blink. I have never used any other liquid eyeliner that has stayed on so well. Will definitely re purchase.

on 7/11/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I call this my "special events eyeliner." I don't use this everyday because non-waterproof eyeliner (like Wet'n'Wild's) works fine for me, plus it's way cheaper. I only bought this eyeliner because I wanted a really good waterproof liner for a formal dance I was going to. However, for me, it's more difficult to apply because the brush isn't the best, the formula is more thick and sticky and less liquid-y, and once you make a mistake, you can't just wipe it off with your finger. Example, this eyeliner takes me like 5+ mins to put on when Wet'n'Wild's takes me like 1 min. Still looks the same as any liquid eyeliner when applied on, it's just more of a hassle trying to make it look perfect. I'll keep using this until I run out, and purchase a cheaper, drugstore waterproof liner when I need one.

on 7/3/2010 1:25:00 PM

I did not like this eyeliner, its hard to work with and hard to remove if you have a mistake. I dont think I will repurchase.

on 6/27/2010 10:25:00 PM

The brush is horrible, absolutely, positively horrible. The eyeliner itself just clumps all over it, and any attempt to wipe it off on the sides of the liner bottle is futile because it will never get a distinctly pointy tip. Also, you have to be careful not to wipe too much on the sides of the bottle because, like nail polish, you will never be able to get it open again. I am in love with the staying power though, because it truly lasts all day, even though it's horrible application ended up on my eyes for a whole day.

on 6/20/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is a good liquid liner, and stays put very well, but you have to be very adept with liquid liners and I feel that you have to use a separate brush to get best results.

It's a thick formula, so you have to be careful not to apply too much, or it doesn't dry properly. You also have to avoid blinking until it's dry, or you'll get transfer.

A MAC artist sold me this way before I was good enough with liner, let alone liquid liner, to be able to use it properly. I kept getting a gloopy, thick mess all over my lids and lashes.

A year later, I have now had a lot of practice with gel and liquid liners, and can apply it deftly with a thin, angled brush (clean that brush well, or the Liquidlast will dry and ruin it!). It does stay put incredibly (I just wore it in a mosh pit during Iggy and the Stooges, and it didn't move), but the learning curve is a bit high for Liquidlast newbies. I went through a phase when I ditched it in a drawer because the application is so difficult.