August 2, 2014 | 1317 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by fernd1

I have been using this deoderant for about a year, (still on the same container) and I love it! I sought it out after becoming concerned about the chemicals in regular deodorant/antiperspirants. Moreover, they didn't even work that well for me! Like others have pointed out, this doesn't stop you from sweating, but I don't notice any wetness unless I'm working out or it's really hot outside. But there is no smell at all! I figure if your body needs to sweat, it's probably good to let it--maybe it's releasing some toxins. In any case, this product controls odor completely EXCEPT if I am wearing a shirt made of synthetic material that rubs close under the arm,. I had the same problem with regular deodorants, too. Also, like regular deodorants, it doesn't work as well if I haven't shaved under my arms for few days. I find that the best way to apply the product is not to wet the stick directly as the packaging suggests, but to splash a fair amount of water under my arms, then apply the dry stick, allowing the water under my arms to help it glide around. I agree with other reviewers that you need to do a fairly thorough job. It dries quickly and never leaves any marks on clothes. I love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This simply doesn't work for me. I gave my body over a week to get rid of toxins, etc. before judging the crystal deodorant. I made sure to apply it properly: to just cleaned underarms, 20 swipes or so per underarm, until the crystal was dry. I was sitting at work today, wearing a thin, spring blouse and was grossed out by my B.O. I had only been at work a couple hours and had not done anything stressful or strenuous to create a lot of sweat. Anyway, at lunch I ran home and put on my Degree anti-perspirant and lots of perfume. I may try some other natural deodorant another time, but until then I'm sticking with my toxins!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sadistic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i tried this because most deodorants/anti-antiperspirants turn my white shirts yellow in the armpit, this doesnt--which is awesome, and it works. i come out of the shower, wet the stone and just rub it twice underneath each arm and voila, i'm good for the day. i dont even remember when i got this it was so long ago, and have plenty left, so i might not even NEED to buy another one. but when left on the counter it starts to crystalize on the bottom of the package, yeah i know..on the directions it says to not put on granite or marble countertops? but anyway fantastic product! dirt cheap for how long youre going to be able to use it, which is a looooooooong time!

-----update 3/7/09 omg im still using the same stick, i use it everyday, i dont leave home without ever not putting it on!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I bought this at Walgreens and wore it all last summer...the reason I bought it is because I love wearing black and could not find a deodorant that would not mark all my clothes white....I also thought the no aluminum concept would be healthy for me as well...It was time consuming to wet it and rub it like 40 times under each arm pit, but it worked and showed no white marks, yay!! Now, what you might not know is this is a deodorant only , it will mask your BO, but you will still sweat! This was okay for me for a while as I don't perspire much, but one extremely hot night, I had a ring around my underarm on my shirt, and out it went....Back to Mitchum clear unscented for me, which does not leave that much of a white mark and it works very, very well for keeping you dry and not smelling....will not switch again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this because I was conscious of all that news about aluminum causing alzheimers. I wanted it to work and a woman I knew said she and her husband both loved it. I could not get it to work on me. I followed to directions and could not get it to come off onto my skin at all. It just hurt as I rubbed and rubbed and my skin pulled and pulled. I put it away, promising I would try again, but after a couple moves I tried once more and tossed it after the same experience!

If they come out with a different format I will try again, but until then I am sticking with traditional methods.

**UPDATE. Okay, okay. I've been informed I am just not doing it right and so at some point in the future, I will try again and will update my review. That won't be for a couple months, so these failures stand until then!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About nine years ago my body just started rejecting deodorants and antiperspirants. My armpits would develop a horrible and painful rash. I basically became allergic to all of them. On a whim, I tried Crystal, not sure if it would work and forking over almost $7 at the time for something that may or may not have worked. Fortunately it worked! The price seems a little higher than traditional deodorants/antiperspirants, but lasts far far longer. There are even travel sizes available now, which is extremely useful for when I'm house/pet-sitting and staying everywhere but home. My boyfriend tried it, very skeptically, and was overwhelmed with how well it worked and that's all he uses now too. We leave it in the shower so we can remember to put it on wet skin right after finishing in the shower. I am allergic to everything, it seems, and get some serious eczema going on from so many products, Crystal has been a godsend for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been trying different natural deodorants, because I was getting lumps in my underarms from the antiperspirants I had used over the years. This was a good alternative while my system was clearing everything out, and it actually felt good to sweat for once (this will not stop that from happening). I took the recommendation of other reviewers, and swiped this over 20 times on each side, right after getting out of the shower. However, after a couple of weeks this product just stopped performing. I was using this in the wintertime, so it had nothing to do with excess perspiration or humidity. I really wish I could have used this product for the longterm, but I can't justify continuing when I smell by mid-morning! Also, the packaging isn't that great, since the crystal doesn't stay in place & wants to fall out every time I use it. Boo. I had a better experience with the roll-on crystal deodorant by Kiss My Face, which kept me odor-free through my workday.

PS- Cracks also develop in the crystal over a period of time, allowing mold to grow inside. Not cute, let me tell you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MAO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

One word-WOW!!!! For the first time ever I woke up this morning with no B.O.!! No matter what brand of deodorant/antiperspirant I use, I always smell funky the next morning. I am sniffing and sniffing right now and smell NOTHING!!! I applied it twice, per the other reviews and it works WONDERFULLY!!!!! I believe this will be the only brand I will buy from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by esplosione

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eliminates odor completely.. better than any deodorant/antiperspirant I've tried. Just be sure to rub it on your skin for at least a minute, in order to completely cover any areas which produce sweat. I love the fact that there is no deodorant-y smell messing with any body wash or perfume I use.

EDIT: as well as this worked, I ended up switching back to regular deodorant just because it was inconvenient to always have to shower and clean thoroughly before putting deodorant on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I've only used this for three days so far, but OMG, wow, I don't smell! For some weird reason, my usual antiperspirant/deoderant stopped working for me, maybe due to a change in body chemistry...anyway, it's a mystery. I was getting sick of my own stench at the end (sometimes middle) of the day. So I figured I'd give the crystal a try. This was after trying Laviline Deoderant cream which didn't do squat and perhaps even made my B.O. worse! Well...

...this works great! I apply it to my wet underarms after showering, slather it on about 15-20 times on each pit, then put on my clothes. There's no odor whatsoever, at least from my pits, and absolutely no residue on my clothes (yay!!). One day (I think it was my 3rd day using the crystal), I had noticed that one of my shirts smelled after I took it off, but my pits were fine. So that bacteria on the clothing idea seems to be at play here. I think in the summer, I'll use Certain Dri along with the crystal, but I think I'll keep using this for many years to come!

UPDATE: I have been using the crystal every morning after I shower, KMF Liquid Rock every now antd then (maybe once a week) before I go to the gym, and Certain Dri every 2 weeks. This has been a winning combination! I RARELY perspire (due to the Certain Dri), and when I do, it's a scant amount and I rarely smell (due to the crystal deoderant). The times I do smell some funk are when I'm having a particularly intense upper body workout. All other times, I am odor free!! This combination makes me so happy!! I can't believe I suffered from wetness and odor unnecessarily in the past. And I get NO irritation from the crystal whatsoever. This doesn't bother my skin post-shaving since I only shave once every 6 weeks or so. I had laser hair removal, and only about 5 or 6 hairs grow on each side now, and very slowly at that, so that's probably the reason why I don't feel a sting. But this stuff is truly amazing! HG HG HG!!

Quick tip: I noticed in bikerchick01's review that she mentioned how she and her BF keep this in the shower. I have been doing the same thing for months now and find that it makes application a breeze since my pits are already wet from the shower and provide an ideal situation for the crystal. Just make sure to slather a lot of the crystal on, then let it dry. I'll put the deoderant on, then step out of the shower and dry off. Works for me...=)

This honestly has been a godsend for me and has enabled me to live worry free for the past year. I can't imagine ever going back to conventional deoderants!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No