Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I gave this "Crystal Body Deodorant Stick" an overall rating of a 4 due to the nature of this product. It is a crystal complied of mineral salts, which do shatter if dropped. It is a deodorant not a anti-perspirant so depending on your sweat glands you will sweat but that is a good thing, sweat keeps your body cool.
-When I was younger I would use the typical deodorant/antiperspirant ranging from Dove, Arrid, Secret, I admit even my brothers. These deodorants do work but for a period of hours or they would be working great for a couple weeks and then I would be back to square one searching for another promising deodorant.
-I do suffer from moderate under arm odor but, the crystal has given me back my confidence.
-My mom has been using and recommending this crystal deodorant for years since I can remember. At that time I just had this perception that this huge piece of marble looking salt would do nothing for me, boy was I wrong.
-There are many brands and forms of this crystal ranging from spray, roll-on, to crystal. If you decide to pick this up I would recommend the crystal you get your bang for your buck and it works 10 times better than the other ones.
-Directions for application wet crystal and underarms slightly, rub crystal over area and let dry. CAUTION be careful if you have sensitive or shaved skin due to the nature of the product it is basically a special form of salt. In my opinion the feeling sort of reminds me like when you go to the ocean with shaved legs.
-The packaging isn't very good it comes in a typical deodorant case that clicks. BEWARE though eventually with use the crystal will loosen from the case, which is no problem for I actually perfer it without the deodorant case. Just beware that if it falls it will either chip or shatter depending on the fall.
-AWAYS keep it dry when your not using the crystal!!!! -I would defitely buy this product again and have been doing so for nearly 4 years.
-The crystal will last a long time with regular usuage about a year or to two. Besides It doesn't stain clothes, and there is no scent. As well as I understand that you can use it for your feet if you suffer from odor.

on 6/28/2008 7:57:00 AM

Really wanted this to work, applied to clean skin right after the shower but within hours it didn't seem to work anymore, and in the summer this stuff was worthless. I even purchased the matching spray and kept it in my purse for "touch ups" but to no avail. This stuff could last for a year so great concept, only it doesn't work. FYI, I do not have super strength BO & am vegetarian.

on 6/25/2008 7:52:00 AM

I've been using this product for years.This is the product for you if you have smelly pits.Chemical deodorant does not help me at all. When i start sweating, i will usually stink people within 30 radius from me. The crystal has kept me safe from embarrasing myself ever again. I still sweat but i'm fine with sweating as long as i dont smell. The only time this product does not work is when im on a long plane flight. I think its only because my pits are kept close to my body without any air flow.

on 5/31/2008 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for years and really prefer it over conventional deodorants. I wet it and slide it several times on my underarms after showering in the morning, before lotion. If it gets dry or tacky, rewet and apply. It's important that it is applied after cleansing, otherwise it doesn't work. The deodorant stick should be oderless. If it smells, cleanse the axilla and thoroughly rinse the crystal before reapplying. The only complaint I have is that towards the end, the crystal comes loose from the dail and can fall out and crack. It is not meant to be a a antiperspirant.

1/17/11 - Finally figured out how to use up all the small pieces that are left once the cystal falls loose from the dial. Find an empty roll-on bottle and carefully pop out the ball portion; try no to damage the bottle or the ball. Drop the crystal in bowl with some water and let it fully saturate/supersaturate the water by letting it sit overnight in the water. The next day, take the crystal out and put it away for later. Pour the water into the empty roll-on bottle and pop the ball portion back in. Now use it as a regular roll-on deoderant. I find that this works even better than applying the wetted crystal directly to the skin b/c it is less irritating. And, this way the crystal will last at least a year with NO WASTE!!!

on 5/29/2008 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i was very skeptical about buying this... when i first applied it, i ran it under water first. during application, it initially burned a little but went away. i basically kept applying it until it was dry under my arm and on the stick itself.
the packaging itself seems a bit flimsy and it sometimes seems like the 'crystal' is gonna come right out of the bottle thing. it doesnt seem too secure to me.
while applying it in the bathroom, my sister came in and told me it didnt work.. shittty

on 4/23/2008 2:14:00 PM

This is as unreliable as all the other deodorants I've tried. Have any you actually given the stick a whiff? Whoo! How can one expect a deodorizer to be effective when it stinks of the exact odor it is meant to extinguish? I must qualify, it does at times do what it is meant to do, but this is seldom the case; and it never holds up to extreme heat and activity. Plus, the application is a pain! I don't know about you all, but I just do not have the patience to moisten the stick with each usage. Pfft.

on 4/4/2008 11:55:00 AM

I have been using this deoderant for about a year, (still on the same container) and I love it! I sought it out after becoming concerned about the chemicals in regular deodorant/antiperspirants. Moreover, they didn't even work that well for me! Like others have pointed out, this doesn't stop you from sweating, but I don't notice any wetness unless I'm working out or it's really hot outside. But there is no smell at all! I figure if your body needs to sweat, it's probably good to let it--maybe it's releasing some toxins. In any case, this product controls odor completely EXCEPT if I am wearing a shirt made of synthetic material that rubs close under the arm,. I had the same problem with regular deodorants, too. Also, like regular deodorants, it doesn't work as well if I haven't shaved under my arms for few days. I find that the best way to apply the product is not to wet the stick directly as the packaging suggests, but to splash a fair amount of water under my arms, then apply the dry stick, allowing the water under my arms to help it glide around. I agree with other reviewers that you need to do a fairly thorough job. It dries quickly and never leaves any marks on clothes. I love it!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This simply doesn't work for me. I gave my body over a week to get rid of toxins, etc. before judging the crystal deodorant. I made sure to apply it properly: to just cleaned underarms, 20 swipes or so per underarm, until the crystal was dry. I was sitting at work today, wearing a thin, spring blouse and was grossed out by my B.O. I had only been at work a couple hours and had not done anything stressful or strenuous to create a lot of sweat. Anyway, at lunch I ran home and put on my Degree anti-perspirant and lots of perfume. I may try some other natural deodorant another time, but until then I'm sticking with my toxins!

on 3/30/2008 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

i tried this because most deodorants/anti-antiperspirants turn my white shirts yellow in the armpit, this doesnt--which is awesome, and it works. i come out of the shower, wet the stone and just rub it twice underneath each arm and voila, i'm good for the day. i dont even remember when i got this it was so long ago, and have plenty left, so i might not even NEED to buy another one. but when left on the counter it starts to crystalize on the bottom of the package, yeah i know..on the directions it says to not put on granite or marble countertops? but anyway fantastic product! dirt cheap for how long youre going to be able to use it, which is a looooooooong time!

-----update 3/7/09 omg im still using the same stick, i use it everyday, i dont leave home without ever not putting it on!!

on 2/19/2008 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at Walgreens and wore it all last summer...the reason I bought it is because I love wearing black and could not find a deodorant that would not mark all my clothes white....I also thought the no aluminum concept would be healthy for me as well...It was time consuming to wet it and rub it like 40 times under each arm pit, but it worked and showed no white marks, yay!! Now, what you might not know is this is a deodorant only , it will mask your BO, but you will still sweat! This was okay for me for a while as I don't perspire much, but one extremely hot night, I had a ring around my underarm on my shirt, and out it went....Back to Mitchum clear unscented for me, which does not leave that much of a white mark and it works very, very well for keeping you dry and not smelling....will not switch again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials