October 20, 2014 | 1971 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A good coconut oil cleanser for face:
Small amount of coconut oil + a pinch of baking soda. Mix together in hand and massage into skin, rinse well with warm water. Leaves skin soft and glowing!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by glllkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've begun transitioning to only using natural organic products on my skin, and am doing what I can (within reason) to avoid unnecessary makeup pharmaceuticals that are filled with unregulated chemicals. For that reason, I've started using organic coconut oil as body and face moisturizer, and even on the ends of my hair to prevent split ends. It leaves my skin incredibly smooth and soft. I also add it to all kinds of edible things. As a food additive, coconut oil is said to prevent Alzheimer's and has lots of other brain benefits. It's great inside and out :) If you don't like the scent of coconut, NOW Solutions makes a non-scented version- I enjoy the scent myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

I would buy this over and over again. Use it for EVERYTHING. Great hair conditioner, GREAT moisturizer for face and body. I don't know what else to tell you guys. You really won't understand until you purchase and use it yourself. And even if it does not work on one of those areas, it is soooo amazing for everything else. I can promise you that it won't be "sitting in the cabinet" or "tossed right into the trash bin".

Try it. It's not at all expensive (especially for what you get) and like I said, it's uses are endless.

Packaging could be better on some (meaning mine, don't know about yours) but this is made as a cooking oil so I can't knock the hustle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by PNyako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MUCH better than refined coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil, smells strongly of coconuts and it is probably the best and most "true" coconut smell ever. Absolutely LOVELY...and the scent lingers a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by katmatthews8888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love! Coconut oil is the BEST oil i have ever tried. Firstly let me start by saying I have a true sensitive skin - eczema, psoriasis, you name it I've probably had it!! I have had small bouts of fungal infections for the last couple of years from the sun. I've had countless antibiotics which work after a couple of months of being on them and only work while on the prescription with the infection always returning and I also used cortisone for eczema on my body and eyes. NO MORE! Since I have started taking coconut oil every day (I put it in my protein shakes for breakfast) I no longer need antibiotics for any infection and my eczema is GONE! I started off with 1tsp and have gradually increased to 1 dessertspoon - I love the taste now!! I also put it all over my body after I shower, and the eczema on my legs has also disappeared. I cannot recommend this stuff enough! - I have read countless books on the wonders of coconut oil and trust me it's true! i have also found that if i have a little bit of oil it also stops my sugar cravings. TRY IT YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is my favorite discovery. I love it more than any makeup product that I own. I use is as a makeup remover, pre-wash for shampoo, leave in conditioner and lip balm. Before I bought it I was worried that it would make my baby fine hair look stringy and oily, then go to waste. Surprisingly it doesn't! I was amazed! No store bought leave in conditioner, serum or any other oil has ever made my hair not look stringy. It's a miracle. Years ago I like many others, hated taking off makeup. Particularly waterproof. Now I really don't mind because the combination of a tiny bit of this and warm water cleanses my entire face after a few seconds of rubbing without any stringing or tugging.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

What can I say... this is amazing!!!

I have Keratosis Pilaris also known as chicken skin on my legs and my skin is all bumpy and rough. I did some research and read that KP can be partially caused due to dry skin and some articles/videos recommended using extra virgin coconut oil. At first I was a little reluctant because I felt that it would be too greasy and my skin wouldn't absorb it properly especially because I had bad experience with Palmer's Cocoa Butter just sitting on my skin and not doing anything but finally I decided I could give it a try and it's been about 4 days since using it and my skin has never felt so good and my chicken skin has not disappeared but it has gotten a lot better. My skin feels softer and looks healthier. I haven't used it on my face but I have also used it on my hair. I massaged it into my hair and scalp and left it in for 45min before shampooing and conditioning my hair. It left my hair shiny and soft.

Extra Virgin Cononut Oil is a wonderful versatile product and here are other ways of using it

1) as a body moisturiser

2) to soothe dry hands

3) as a shaving cream substitute

4) as a deep hair conditioner

5) to remove eye-make up

6) to clean and hydrate your face

Because coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, anti fungal, moisturizing and, according to research, great for atopic dermatitis, many women swear by its use as a nighttime moisturizer for their face, too. Try the double-cleansing method: Simply rub the oil in circular motions all over your face and neck, giving yourself a gentle massage as you go. When you’re done, wash off the residue with your favorite cleanser. (If you’re adult-acne prone, avoid this technique unless you know your skin tolerates coconut oil.)

Why use coconut oil? Because it's inexpensive and all natural!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Kirstyw89

Amazing for hair I have oily skin so when I used it on my face I broke out like there's no tomorrow it was awful but for hair it's amazing mix with almond oil and your hair will grow my hair grows at a slow rate but this really helped and has grown 3inches in 9months

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bert6889

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff! It’s got about a million practical uses and it is fairly cheap when you compare it against the products it replaces. You do have to do a little shopping around but generally you can find a smaller -14oz. I think- for around 10 dollars in CAN and the US at most heath food stores.
So as I mentioned earlier coconut oil has about a million different uses. For one you can eat it; it hides very nicely in smoothies and other cooler blended drinks (use your own judgement here), it is a great frying alternative, I use it all the time when I make things like pancakes, stir-frys, ...,ect. Coconut oil appears scary if you read the nutrition label; it is high in saturated fat, though many of the saturated fats in coconut oil though are actually very helpful to our bodies. In a coco-nut shell, coconut oil contains about 40% Lauric acid which our bodies use to fight infections both bacterial and viral, lauric acid has also been shown to improve healthy HDL cholesterol levels. I could continue in this science-y manner but as not to bore you all I will move on. A few things I will mention which are important if you are going to start ingesting this magical stuff. Coconut Oil comes in two basic forms, extra virgin and virgin, cold pressed and well not cold pressed. The stuff you want to eat is the Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil plain and simple it is more pure and least altered by the manufacturing process. The second and final thing you should know about eating coconut oil is to start slow; I want to thank YouTube demi-goddess Jenna Marbles for writing this (and introducing me to coconut oil in the first place). Many health sites say you should be eating between 3-4 tbsp to see the full benefits. Please ease into the stuff, I tried a heaping teaspoon, it was probably more like a tablespoon on the first day I took the stuff and I felt tired and loopy and mildly sick to my stomach. In fact that day I ended up passing out for 2 hours on the couch. Jenna who wasn’t so fortunate wrote: “The first day I got my coconut oil I downed a smoothie and 2 cups of tea with it in it. By 4pm I was sick to my stomach, tired and loopy, passed out on the couch for a few hours and woke up and didn’t know what the fuck was happening.” Consider yourself warned, too much of a good thing is a not so good thing, that said once your body is used to it, a tablespoon of the stuff is about equal to eating a plate full of pasta.
Coconut oil is the bases for many moisturizers and conditioners on the market these days. In hair application of coconut oil (either in a mask or sparingly to dry ends) prevents protein loss in the hair which is the cause of breakages, and also helps to promote new hair growth in damaged strands. A regular scalp massage using coconut oil can help to keep you dandruff and free of scalp parasites. A little bit of coconut oil can replace that tiny $30 bottle of Moroccan/Argan Oil you’ve been buying for your hair. Coconut oil may also be able to replace your moisturizers as well as it is effective on all skin types ranging from oily to very dry with Eczema. I personally fall into the very dry category with maybe some eczema in the Canadian winter months. Coconut oil works similarly to mineral oil with the chief difference being that Coconut oil will not irritate your skin. Coconut oil is a solution for preventing dryness and flaking, it delays wrinkling and the sagging of skin. My experience has been mostly great so far. During the summer months when the air is a bit more humid (I live in prairies) I can get away with solely using coconut oil in the winter not so much. I apply Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream to lock in the moisture during those months. Also as a side note, I refuse to buy makeup remover. Coconut oil will remove all of your makeup including your toughest waterproof mascara. BONUS! Just be weary then if you are using this to moisturize before makeup.
Finally, and I won’t go into detail coconut oil can also help prevent heart disease, help you to lose weight because it helps to increase your metabolism, Improves your digestion, Improves your immunity, helps your body to fight infection as well as aids your aids other organs in your body, such as your liver, bones and teeth, pancreas and aids in stress relief.
Like I said in the beginning, I love coconut oil. It is great! It remains solid at room temperature and is shelf stable without preservatives for about 3 years. For $10 for a small jar that could potentially last you for months and months and save you that much in whatever beauty products it is replacing. Coconut oil for me at least is a no brainer. Check it out for yourself!

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by gc73

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail product for my hair. I am bi-racial with natural, somewhat coarse 3c/4a hair which I usually have straight by flat ironing or "stretched" using a blow dryer. It revitalizes my hair from dull to shiny. I mix it with spearmint/peppermint oil for scalp treatments, mix it with Palmer's Cocoa Butter for extra moisturizing body lotion--I have used it only once or twice on my face--not sure about how my face likes it yet. I ALWAYS have a tub of this and it lasts you FOREVER and replaces so many hair/skin products.