Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

4.4

Extra-virgin coconut oil.

on 12/28/2013 1:26:00 PM

Okay so first off this is my only review. It's THAT good.
The first tip I have is.. DO NOT BUY CHEAP OIL MEANT FOR COOKING. Buy the good stuff from the health store. You need so little that it lasts a long time.

1.It is a miracle makeup remover, It gets EVERYTHING off. I warm it in my hands and massage all over my face before I shower and cleanse. Keep in mind I am a college Cross country runner and I have a love for mascara. This is the only thing that keeps my face sweat and dirt free. ( i wash with coal face from lush after oiling up)
2. Fantastic body moisturizer. I honestly think it even made my eye lashes grow.
3. massaging into sore muscles is a life saver. You will smell like a sexy Hawaiian and look like a oiled up VS model.

My number one tip for this is that if you eat shitty food full of chemicals and wash your face with shitty cleansers it's maybe not for you. It takes several YEARS to rid the body of what my family always called "mcdonalds disease." When you switch to this make an effort to drink more water, eat less sugar, and use natural cleansers.
Lastly TMI but it's a running joke with my friends that I have the orgasm glow even after running 10 miles in the snow. (it works)

TRY IT PLEASE, TRUST ME.

on 12/18/2013 4:07:00 PM

Best makeup remover, cheap and easy. Purchased mine from Whole Foods after reading about all the different uses for this oil. Before this, I used Jojoba Oil to remove my makeup and moisturize my body, but it got pricy at $11.99 for a bottle half the size. Of course this doesn't deserve 5 lippies for packaging, but obviously the brands main intent for coconut oil certainly wasn't makeup removing, therefore I won't blame them for that. I transferred a good amount of coconut oil from the tub into a squeeze bottle and I haven't looked back. After SEVERE DRYNESS from various makeup removers, (ranging from Lancome, Clinique, Neutrogena - sometimes, Up&Up), I will never give up this oil! I'm sure others may do the trick but this is my go-to stuff. It removes face makeup and waterproof everything. A damp cotton pad and a dime-sized amount of this stuff is all you need to get it all off.

on 12/17/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used coconut oil as face moisturizer for a good while (am still finishing up my very first jar), but only very recently have read of someone on MUA mentioning how they remove their makeup with coconut oil. The waterproof mascara I use holds on like a soldier and will not come off without a fight, so I need to use good amount of castile soap and rub as gently as I can (I am too stubborn to buy makeup remover). I have tried coconut oil the other night, and boy were the results! I put it on my lids and eyelashes liberally, let it sit while I'm brushing my teeth, and wipe off with a tissue. Everything was off, even the mascara! This is ridiculous! Needless to say, I am extremely impressed and happy. W o w.

on 12/12/2013 11:53:00 AM

I am in love with coconut oil. I avoid using it on my face though as I have seen the effects it can have on clogging your pores…trust me, not pretty. Be careful using it in your hair too often and the best regimen I have found is alternating between coconut oil and argan oil in the ends of my hair after I hop out of the shower. AND the smell is a much needed added bonus :)

on 12/12/2013 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This has to be one of the best things I have ever found, I use this to remove my makeup.I put some on my hands to melt it then rub all over my face for about a min or so, sometimes longer it just feels and smells sooooo good,then I take a warm cloth (usually a baby cloth) and gentle rub of the oil, and all my makeup comes off and I mean ALL. Then I use a regular facial cleanser, at night I will also use as a moisturizer and pay special attention to eye area and eyelashes,so gentle never irritates,don't use in the morning as it can be a little to oily under makeup.I have never had smoother,softer skin ,and no breakout,i know it sounds wierd and kind of freaked me out to start using on my face as I had so many issues ,red,dry,and would breakout constantly and seem to be sensitive to everything.I love this soooo much,hope it continues to work for me.

on 12/12/2013 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! I started using it about a month ago and I've seen a vast improvement in my skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced, my skin feels as soft as a baby's butt lol. Keeps my acne from flaring up as well. I only leave it under my eyes over night though. Otherwise I don't leave it on my face. I use it as a morning face wash and finish up with ACV toner. Works great and is not too expensive. I get mine from bulk barn. It's organic and extra virgin.

on 12/10/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!! I'm trying to lean to an all natural skincare regimen and I've started to use this on my under eye and all I can say is I LOVE IT! I mix this coconut oil with argan oil over night and it really does work! Works so much better than expensive eye creams/gels/serums... Get rid of ALL your expensive eye creams and try this! Cheaper, no chemicals, all natural and you know what's exactly in it! Only thing I regret is not doing it earlier! My puffiness has gone down and my eye have begun to tighten! 5 lippies!

on 12/4/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If you want great hair go natural people!
I love love love what extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil has done for my hair. Once a week I use it as a hair mask and coat my hair, then leave it over night (pop it is a shower cap because your head will be a greasy mess) and in the morning wash it out with shampoo and condition as usual. I use Giovanni's tea tree triple treat shampoo followed by the deeper moisturizing conditioner, and the end result is smooth, soft and silky hair! I heat style my hair regularly so I have done a lot of damage, and coconut oil is the only thing that restores it. It is also much cheaper then buying a multitude of high end products packed with silicons and other nasty things. Give it a go, your hair will thank you for it :)

on 12/2/2013 6:45:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

OMG ! cystic acne appears like magic when I use extra virgin cold pressed organic raw coconut oil to clean my face. At first, it's very soft for one day. Then the following , pus filled cysts started appearing like magic. And my skin usually doesn't even break out. If you are looking to enhance your flawless face with a few natural cystic beauty marks, look no further than coconut oil. Dang this thing dries out my skin after I wash it off. so now I end up with dry skin on top of pus filled beauty marks.

I try to use it as a body/hand moisturizer but it causes me to itch. My hand while very greasy when coconut oil was applied turns dry after the grease wear out. I don't see it as a good hand moisturizer unless it is combined with something else to help hold in the moisture. This oil is very dry , greasy, and pore clogging at the same time.

on 12/2/2013 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love Coconut Oil as a pre-cleanse to take off all my make-up! I rub about half a tsp with my fingers all over my face including my eye make-up and rinse off with a hot wash cloth, before using my regular cleanser to remove any excess oil and dirt. I find it very cost effective and I use it for my hair as well as a mask.