Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

i really like this but its so expensive £32 in the UK! this isnt what id normally pay for a foundation but i was so won over by all the rave reviews i thought i would try it. i have this in olive which only works if i have a tan (1 or 2 layers of chanel face tanner in bronze- and if u are fair like me dont be afraid to use the bronze over the golden shade in this its sooo natural!). otherwise olive is too dark. its a very sheer tint and i love it. this would be ideal to take on a hot summer holiday, as it provides just enough cover but also lets my skin breathe through. its very glowy and looks so natural in natural daylight i really love it, althought for me its not an everyday product as the coverage is very minimum and some days i prefer a heavier coverage foundation (futurist estee lauder which still is glowy an dnatural but provides a lot more cover) also the colour range is great

on 4/25/2006 3:27:00 PM

A greasy, pore clogging, fake looking mess.

I used Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation couple of years ago and somehow I stopped using it, thinking it too greasy, plus too sheer. I started using Stila tinted moisturizer for 1+ yrs. Then about a month ago, I started not liking it. Gosh..am I fickle? So I went back to Becca cosmetic counter in Bergdorf Goodman to get Becca foundation stick, thinking I'd like try heavier coverage plus sunscreen. UPDATE: too heavy for my oily skin. I switched to mineral makeup.

on 4/14/2006 2:38:00 AM

This stuff isn't so good...there are many many many better foundations out there. It didn't have great coverage - my MD tinted moisurizer covered redness much better. The colors were perfect for me, though. Nonetheless, it was oily and didn't have much staying power. I tried it a few times and every time a few hours later it would me shiny and not doing what I wanted it to do - and I have normal skin and have never had a problem with shine before. Maybe it's good for dry skin, but not for mine!

on 4/3/2006 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I reeeeeally wanted Becca to work for me, so much so that even after I went through my samples and discovered that it was just not good for my oily skin, I STILL wanted to buy a bottle - that is how inexplicable the pull of Becca products is! The colors are a great match, and I loved the sheer, light texture of the foundation, but in the end it was just so shiny on me. Laura Mercier's TM, which has a thicker texture than Becca, looks MUCH less shiny on me. I tried to combat Becca's shininess with powder, but I had to use a LOT of powder to get rid of the shine. I'm sure this product would be a godsend to people with normal/dry skin, but it just was not for me :( Also, the pump is incredibly annoying. It always pumps out WAY more foundation than is necessary and I had to spend a lot of time caaaaaaarefully squeezing out the tiiiiiiiniest pump each time. I suppose it doesn't matter, though, since I found my HG in Make Up For Ever's Face and Body foundation - read my review on that if you shiny ladies out there want a mattifying foundation that still makes you look like you GLOW!

on 3/11/2006 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely, very sheer makeup that I use on good skin days, and even then I use the concealer or stick foundation with it. Usually I want more coverage, so I don't reach for it as often as my other foundations, but it does provide a pretty luminous look. It works best when it's used as a system, IMO. *Update* I've swapped away the whole system, should have paid more attention to the reviewers who warned those with oily acne-prone skin to stay away.

on 3/7/2006 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I held off on reviewing this for about a month just to be sure. After waiting, I can honestly say this is an amazing product... Holy Grail for me, most definitely.

What I like most about this foundation the best is that it lets my skin show thru and doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Now, this quality is both a pro and a con. It's a PRO when your skin is looking good and you're not trying to cover anything up; it's a CON when you want/need real coverage. I can use the LSC and a touch of Becca concealer...top it off with a dusting of Becca powder and within 15 minutes everything just melds together so I don't look like I have "foundation" on.

My skin has undergone a LOT of changes lately... right now it is normal with once in a while a minor tendency to be slightly oily in the t-zone. I have used it when I was very dry and had some flakies and it was wonderful. Having tried LSC in the past when I was very oily, I do not recommend this for anyone with oily skin (you will be blotting all day long!). I find that it stays on all day, doesn't oxidize, is continuously comfortable and 15+ hrs after applying, it still looks amazingly natural and just as fresh as when I applied it. I have experienced no breakouts.

Sephora carries this online however not in my shade (Bamboo... and I'm an NC40/42). While my local Sephora carries the Becca line and the LSC, they're consistently OOS in Bamboo. A wonderful CS rep at 1-877-Sephora was actually able to locate my shade in their system so now I can call and order it by product number (previously I was dependent on a wonderful MUAer in Australia that CP'd it for me!).

The pump dispenser is very sanitary which I appreciate. The price is in-line with the quality. I have purchased 2 bottles and have every intention of repurchasing.

Becca is a company that started out striving for the look of fresh, healthy, natural skin and IMO that's their expertise. They do carry lip glosses a few blushes etc but their range of shades in foundation, concealer and powder is basically unsurpassed (especially in the darker end of the spectrum for women of color)

If you haven't given Becca a try, I highly encourage you to do so. continued >>

on 3/3/2006 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It took me some time not to be scared to use this since I read so many reviews stating that it caused breakouts. I was afraid of the product sinking into the skin and clogging pores. Just to be on the safe side I still use a make-up primer. Well, I am using this on and off for about a month now and I cannot say how much I love it. No breakouts so far. Of course it lacks a little coverage but I use concealer on any imperfection, which I also do when using other make-up because I usually like the more sheer versions of any brand. Well, what impresses me most is that all the really dry and flakey parts in my face improved so much after using the LSC. I use it like I use "normal" make-up, over my moisturizer. It just doesn't seem enough on its own, especially now in winter time. I will see how it'll work for me in summer.
It gives a great glow, evens out my skin tone, I am a bit on the red side here, and does not 'pile up' on parts that are flakey. Usual make-ups emphasize my dry skin parts even more. In general my skin is quite sensitive and easily upset (allergies) but the LSC does not cause me any trouble at all. I cannot say how much I fell in love with this. It's worth the money. Another plus is the pump dispenser, no messing around with screw tops anymore.
I hope it will not turn on me and cause a breakout after all, but I think four weeks a quite a safe period of time to say it's a great product. I am PPP and use 'sand', 'porcelain' might work as well, but my undertones are more neutral to yellow-toned. (Neutral tones usually work most of the time if you are not sure). I think even in summer with a little tan 'sand' will still be fine since it's just a hint of color.
Becca is a great company with great products and great customer service. I live in Germany and have no problem ordering online from their homepage, they ship worldwide. (Sephora does not ship outside the U.S.) And the greatest thing is that they even pay all custom charges, which are a lot and which other companies don't. Give it a try.

on 2/25/2006 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The pump is not good. But I like this because it makes my skin look smooth and hydrated. I use my loose powder over it. You have to use LP over it to get a nice smooth finish. But too bad it does not cover much, but gives u skin alittle color to your face. I'll need to use concealers to cover any imperfections. But i think its enough to even out my skin tone alittle and with the LP, the coverage is enough for daily wear. I saw some reviews that this would cause breakouts.. none so far.. but i'll definitely update on it if it does. Its kinda expensive it think.. but i still i chose this over shiesedo tint(which felt alright..i might try this later) and laura mericer tint (which felt so thick n greasy on my hand.) oh btw, i'm using proclain. The sales told me i should choose a lighter color cuz when u're face gets oily, it turns darker.I'll see....

on 2/18/2006 3:52:00 PM

I love this foundation and am able to wear it in several shades even with my cool, light - medium skin tone. This is not a full coverage foundation, it is more of a light, fresh, moisture rich veil for the face and as true to its name, very luminous in appearance. I have combination skin so after reading some of the other reviews here I gave it a stringent test to see if I noticed this foundation left me greasy mid-morning or later as some had commented, but never did. Just fresh, beautiful, nicely scented skin ... and the spf factor is great to have- will continue to buy again and again. p.s. -- Porcelain is my fave!