October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tina2mina

After watching a review on youtube, I thought of giving this deodrant/anti-prespirant a chance in great hopes of solving my sweating issue ( which happens only when I am out of my house & short sleeves on, I know it is weird). It did work for the first 1-2 months, with the stinging and itching and sore underarms, it did work. It did manage to reduce/stop my sweating, but then lately it has stopped working. It didn't keep me dry and I was facing the same old problem again. So, I had to switch to Avon anti-prespirant and it is working good now.
You have to keep in mind for the Certain-Dri to not ever use it after shaving your underarms. It literally itches bad until you wash it off, or do what I did, put some baby powder in that area and the stinging & itching would calm down. And i used both the roll on & the stick formula, but only the roll-on seemed to work. I used the stick one when I needed to use it after shaving. Overall it wasn't a waste of money, but would not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is simply THE only product I use to prevent sweat stains. It sometimes makes me skin tingle a bit going on, but the ability to help cut down underarm perspiration is really unmatched. I'd tried a host of other anti-antiperspirants without much luck- Certain Dri is the only thing that my body responds to!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this deodorant because of the good reviews i saw on here! i had to buy it off ebay because i live in the uk and i dont think they sell it over here, but it was worth it!

i never realized how much my sweating controlled my life until i started using this. i just thought sweating that much was almost normal, until i would start sweating even when i was freezing cold and it would start to ruin my clothes! Before using certain dri i realized that the worry of sweating was actually on my mind a lot of the time, i used to think about what outfit to wear, avoid tight fitting tops, dress at the last minute & only after I'd finishing straightening/blow drying my hair, id have to wash 2 or 3 times a day....and even then I'd still get sweat patches easily!

certain dri has really changed my life, and i wouldn't say i had the worst sweat problem either, so even if you sweat just a little it's definitely still worth buying!

You apply it before bedtime, and have to wait for it to dry because it can stain clothing, but i don't find this a hassle at all. It can make your underarms dry, itchy and a little sore, which is why the instructions specifically say to only apply a very small amount. If i apply the instructed amount the discomfort is very minimal and doesn't really bother me. If i've got irritated skin from shaving, then i miss out a night of applying certain dri because it does sting quite a bit on broken skin!

the packaging could do with a bit of improving, the roller sometimes lets nothing or a lot out all in one go and can drip down the sides so be careful of this. I may purchase the dry stick version of certain dri next time instead to avoid this.

I don't sweat at all now, even when i'm extremely hot or at the gym i stay completely dry so i would highly recommend it to anyone! it's so nice not to have to worry about sweating anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Keeps me dry like nothing else. I used this under my military uniforms because the cheap polyester of the daily uniform made my usually heavy perspiration escalate off the charts. I used to use Mitchum, but this stuff has it beaten hands down. I used it every night at first, because I was too afraid to skip. Eventually I ran out and could not get any for a couple of days. To my surprise, it kept me dry. The am refreshing stick is very nice too, but I preferred the old liquid type better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok... I have been using this product for quite some time, but I haven't reviewd it, because of HOW EMBARRASING IT IS. Buying it is awful. Anyone who sees it on my nightstand is just terribly embarrasing. I haven't reviewd it because some of my friends are mua friends and read my reviews. But oh well. They'll now know.

This is a great product. It can be your beeeest friend for those heavy sweaters. HOWEVER, however, however, however, if you don't use it right, it can be your worst nightmare and cause many nights of no sleep. Let me explain.

Before I explain that, first, I'll tell you how wonderful the product is.

Ever since puberty, I've... had issues with underarm wetness. Even when I'm not embarrased or nothing stressful in the least, or when it's hot! Just a normal, fun day and my pits will be soaked. Awful for clothes. Awful for everyone and everything. There was no escaping. Not even the "clinical stregnth" worked forever.

I got on makeupalley (thank you Lord), found this lil' baby, it has worked WONDERS. I'm a music performer and even when I do my very worst on stage, where usually my pits would be a waterfall, my clothes and I are as dry as desert sand. Though, this product WILL NOT WORK if you don't put it EVERYWHERE on your armpit. Don't listen to the instructions that say "two strokes" is usually enough (for the roll-on). Gotta put it everywhere.

Now. Here is the horrific part of this. There are specific instructions to this product. I, for one, think they need to tell them more sternly. They tell you to not use this after you take a shower, and it's because this product CLOSES your pores so that you won't sweat. Now, hot water, from the shower, will OPEN them. An extremely painful experience, for some reason, because I think this product is so extreme. Also, shaving is a big one too. I, stupidly enough, did both once. And. It absolutely ruined my day. Sooooo painful.

Another thing which they don't even mention is the itchiness if you put too much on. It says to put it on before bed, which is very much correct, and works for me cause I take a shower in the morning anyway. Now, what I have learned is that if you don't put it everywhere, that little spot that you missed will sweat, if you're like me. So i usually put it on all over (what I call a coat, like with mascara), just as I ready for bed, put my hands behind my head, look at the ceiling and wait. Then, after it's dried, I put another coat on for security. Yes, this means you'll have to buy more, but it's WAY worth it if you don't gotta wash your shirts always after you wear them, and sheepishly hide your pits forever.

I haven't figured out if it's putting too much on, or if it's scratching them. Because sometimes in bed, while I'm falling asleep, my arm pits will be ITCHY like crazy. I scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, forever, no relief. Sometimes, it feels just like I took a shower before or after I put it on. It hurts. It kept me up the other night. So I think the itching goes away if you ignore it.

It says it has 72 hours of protection or whatever, but my advice to you is say you have a performance tomorrow, or whatever, and you're nervous as all get out. You're gonna be sweating gallons. You put this stuff on, two coats, before bed, you're great tomorrow. The next day you have chior performance, just put two strokes, or one coat. Too much and it will drive you bonkers. Plus, it does stay on, so just for reinforcement.

The pain and agony I have suffered from this wonder product has made me mark off a lippie. Sorry certain dri. but you have, in all your embarrasment, saved my social life, and have made life SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE. Seriously. No more worries. It does greatly affect your life, having this problem with no solution, so go out, and buy it. I will be buying this product probably for the rest of my life unless I outgrow this monstrosity.

29 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by jerseyvalen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im not sure how effective this product is because I could not get passed the insane burning and itching. It made sleep impossible, so I always had to wash it off. I was prepared to experience some discomfort from reading other reviews, but it was unbearable. I'm not usually very sensitive to products, so this ish is certainly potent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and this really is THE ANTI perspirant! Awesome! I sweat a lot and this keeps it under control. I agree that there are times when it gets itchy. I thought it was because my skin was irritated, but realized that it is just a side effect. I also started using the daytime Certain Dri & that one is awesome as well. These are the only anti-perspirant & deodorant I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now am on my 2nd one. This is the best antiperspirant that I have ever used. I don't have a problem with odor so I don't really know about its deodorizing abilities. But, for its sweat preventing abilities, this product deserves an A. I use this ever other day before I got to sleep so it has time to become effective for the next day. The only problem I see with this is how it can be...itchy? irritating? i don't really know how to describe it but the first few times you use it, or if you stopped using it and begin again, your armpits are going to itch like CRAZY. But other than that frustrating itching, this is the best and strongest antiperspirant OTC.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the positive comments, I was hoping to have found something that would prevent my sweating. This did not work one bit for me. I'm not sure, but the positive reviews might come from a better product formula than the one I was experiencing. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mbasham369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This summer has COMPLETELY changed for me since I've started using this. No more embarrassing under arm marks at work and shirt stains! I apply this about every third day... that's all. Yes, the bottle of it is expensive, but it will last you a lot longer than any other antiperspirant.

The only thing is when I first starting using it, I got irritated under my arms when I woke up in the morning after applying it after bed. It would get really itchy and I'd be compelled to scratch it, but I've mostly grown out of that stage. A small price to pay :)