October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MrsPumpkinEater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE best brow gel I've ever used I've tried everything from Ardell to Anastasia of Bev. but I was never amazed, I never was wowed I just used them because they came in sets and I had to use them up. I ordered this one day cause I found added my favorite shadow (that I use for brows) to the clear gel would make it a one step easy brow app. I was blown away the gel sets very fast once I'm done the second brow ( one brow maybe takes 10 seconds) the first one is dry and set. My brows do not budge all day and stay put.
Mascara side:
I tried the mascara side once but I didn't like it, but to me the product is the same on both side so I just switched the brushes. Brows still stay in place and set just as quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by bombshellbree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the brow gel, haven't tried the clear mascara. The brow gel works EXCELLENT for me since I wax my own eyebrows and sometimes have a few "mess ups" (more like taking half of my eyebrow off on accident). LOL. I use this right after I put my foundation and powder on, while I do my eye makeup the gel has time to dry. When it's dry, I shape my brows with MAC Brun (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My brows are fairly thick and, as is typical for Asians, grow in all different directions: straight up in the center, horizontally in the middle and straight down at the ends. I REALLY need a gel that will keep hold of the hairs, especially the ones that grow downwards. I've tried several different brands of brow gel and this is hands-down the best one. All of the others wimped out on me halfway through the day and/or (in the case of the clear ones), started turning white and flaking after a few hours. Since I have dark brows, those flakes were extremely noticeable and made me look like I had dandruff falling on my face. This doesn't turn white or flake off, PLUS it lasts all day, AND it only costs $1. In terms of its other intended use, I have tried this as a mascara, but it was only okay, so I'll be using that side for my brows, too. The one drawback to this product is that the opening is a little too big, so you'll need to scrape off a lot of the excess from the wand. My experience with most of the e.l.f. products I've tried is that they're "pretty good for the price you pay." Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara is just pretty awesome. Period. A note: I never thought the 2 sides were different formulations--I just assumed that they were kept separate so that the color tinting that inevitably happens to clear brow gel wouldn't "contaminate" the mascara side. Also, I don't think that the brush sizes and shapes are much different. UPDATE 8/12/12: Having two [smaller] separate tubes of the gel is actually a huge positive. You know how clear brow gel always gets thick and orange-y brown from coming into contact with your foundation and/or brow color? It also doesn't seem to hold as well. Well, when that happens with the side you're using, flip it around and start using the other side. Problem solved! It also turns out that the smaller amount is just about the right amount--in other words, by the time it turns all gross, you've pretty much run out anyway so there's very little waste.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by shannon24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great for helping unruly brows stay in place. Can use both sides for brows. Works good for a clear mascara to :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by rlmazzo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does what it's supposed to. I pay more than I'd like for MAC eyebrow pencil but I'm not going to spend any more for eyebrow makeup, so when I saw this for cheap, I said why the heck not? It's like a light gel for eyebrows. Average on: staying power/gloss/stickiness/weight/brush. Makes me feel more groomed, and doesn't take too much color away from my pencil. I hope both sides are the same formula, b/c who the hell needs clear mascara with a face full of makeup? :P
Would I repurchase? Sure, why not?
The only downside I can see is now I walk around and want to tame everyone with crazy grandpa eyebrow with my eyebrow wand.
Anyone remember Kris-Kross? I shaved my eyebrows into sections like them when I was in middle school, and now with eyebrow pencil and this, I can finally put that phase behind me. Seriously, shz was dope back then. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kathylulu

I really don't see the point of paying more than a few bucks for a clear brown gel. This is only a buck, and it does what it's supposed to do, it goes a clear, and helps to keep brows in place all day. I use powder to fill in my brows, then use a coat of the gel. This product has a brow side and a mascara side, but I use both sides on my brows since I don't use clear mascara on my lashes. Both sides work the same as a brow gel (I'm pretty sure both sides have the same formula, just different brushes).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by zamaa

I bought this yesterday and I'm in luv! :) I have barely there eyebrows and have used pencils, powders, wax, and tinted gels that all look super fake on me. Lately I've just been using powder alone but I didn't think it looked very natural. A friend recommended using this to blend it the powder so I went and got some (it was only $1) and it's awesome! It blended in very well with the powder and my eyebrows now look fuller, darker, and natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Kalabing26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this clear eyebrow gel it keeps my eyebrow hairs tame and is not to sticky or anything. i use the lash side on my eyebrows instead of my lashes and it works just as good. very good and good price

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Love it. This does a brilliant job of keeping my brows slicked back and gives my lashes a nicely defined, separated, slightly darker look. It holds a curl and doesn't leave that flakey, gluey-looking residue some clear mascaras can.

The brushes on the 'brow' end and 'lash' end differ, but I'm not sure if the formula does. In any case, I use both sides for brows and lashes and it's fine, although I find the 'lash' wand does work best for my lashes in terms of applying the mascara.

You don't get a lot of the product but it's only 1.50 on the U.K E.L.F site and given it works so well I don't mind!

This is a staple in my make-up bag; a definite thumbs-up to a re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This clear mascara was the BEST cheap product i have bought this year! The lash gloss goes on nice and clear and maintains that wonderful, separated, wet look for as long as you need it to. It is now my go-to for whenever i have to go out but don't feel like putting on much makeup, so it's ideal for a natural look. Sometimes i just wear it with a little black liner, lip gloss, and loose powder and i'm good to go. And if i feel like being precise, i'll take my E.L.F lash comb and brush it through after applying for extra separation.

The brow gloss works well too, i just don't use it as often, but it really holds those stray hairs that tend to fall out of place, without residue. I don't have to use an eyebrow pencil much anymore either, which is a great thing.

Overall, this product is definitely one where you get bang for your buck. The packaging is simple and pretty, and the product works just as good. Removal is also a piece of cake, just wash off with some soap and water. Without a doubt, it's one of the best products in the E.L.F line.