April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay so I thought I'd better throw in my 2 cents here on yet another great MUA find. Every winter, no matter how obsessive I am about consistently applying lotions and cream to my hands, without fail they get dry, red, and chapped... and just plain hurt. This happened yet again this year, and as I was lamenting to myself about how much my hands hurt... I suddenly remembered the great reviews I had seen for this product.

So I zipped up to Target (yes, made a special trip) and found this. Got home, and immediately applied to the backs of my hands. That was two hours ago. Yes it's goopy and looks and feels greasy on my hands, but oh my goodness... in TWO hours the redness is gone, and you can't even tell how chapped they were except for one particularly troublesome spot. I will be applying this regularly, although probably at night with gloves because it certainly doesn't sink into the skin like a lotion or hand cream. Nevertheless, if it keeps working like this... I'll be a follower for life. I'm amazing at the instant difference!! Wow. Like wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HANDS DOWN, the BEST lip product out there!!!! Tracked it down at BABIES R US ( the ONLY benefit of suburbia is access to huge landscape-- blighting megastores) here in Manhattan (drugstores here carry only the basics, for some reason). After TWO nights of this, my lips are buttery soft, hydrated, like a baby's. Have always thought those obsessives who slather on mineral based chapsticks were actually increasing their dryness--but the 'organic', more costly balms never did anything either....this is perfection! I wear a drying fuschia lipcolor, so reapplying balm during the day is out, anyway.

I want to eat this, to bathe in it. It becomes creamy on contact, I use it on my neck and decolletage, and of course hands. It would be great if they produced a slightly thinner formula for the rest of the body.

I usually don't bother to review, but HAD to take the time to do this--fantastic find!!!! I would buy stock in their company!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lanolin really is a great product all around and for many different usages. I originally bought this because I had had my son, was nursing, and did need it for chapped nipples. I was given samples of it while in the hospital with him and then when I went home I bought the full size tube (2 oz/56 grams)...but it will last you a VERY long time. Okay, so yes...I originally used it for cracked and sore nipples. Now, two years later, my son is no longer breastfed, but I still hung onto my tube. Recently I have had problems with chapped lips. I'm allergic to a lot of lip conditioning treatments, and my usual chapsticks, aquaphor, EOS balm, even vaseline weren't working. So, I pulled this out. Its really not unheard of to be used on ANY dry, chapped, cracked, sore area. Plus it is 100% natural. Its actually a fatty substance sheep excrete through their sebaceous glands to keep their wool water-proof....doesn't sound glamorous, but thats why it is such a great protectant on human flesh. And it doesn't harm the animal in ANY way when harvesting it...its simply taken from the wool after they have been sheered and before the wool is cleaned. ANYWAY, a teeny tiny pee (if even that much) does the trick. You'll find as it warms up under your finger or on your flesh you've put it on, it spreads easier. I even use this on my sons bottom when it is raw to create a barrier between his skin and the sogginess in the diaper :-) Its a great product and one I won't be without now. I guess thankgoodness I needed this in the beginning of my mommy-hood or I may not have ever thought to use it for my lips.

ah, and I also HIGHLY recommend ONLY getting Lansinoh brand Lanolin...so far it is the ONLY one that I have found that is actually pure 100% lanolin and doesn't have extras added in.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by 4jsc

I use this just like vaseline or shea butter, only it's far better. It's thick, protective and moisturizing. Using overnight is best, as others have said. Fabulous for lips. When I wake up, they're hydrated and plump--which is always nice when you're over 50! Also, the squeeze tube is hygenic and easy to use. Thanks MUAers for another wonderful rec.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Um....WOW!!! Not much I can add to prior reviews, but IME: I usually can keep chapped lips at bay w/ Blistex or Chapstick or the like - last week, for whatever reason, nothing was working (not Vaseline, Aquaphor, coconut oil - nothing) and my lips were REALLY chapped and sore. In addition, my cuticles also decided to get really dry (again nothing helped) = I was rather miserable. Came across this review and thought to myself - no way...well YES WAY!! Got myself over to Target, bought a tube and (I still cannot believe this) overnight relief for both problems!!! 2 nights = problems solved!!! I have removed all other lip and hand tx from my nightstand! :)

It is VERY thick which is why I will probably only use overnight and I do wear gloves when using on my cuticles.

Whodathunk??? Yet another gem found via MUA!! Thank you ladies!!!

PS - my DH saw this tube and TOTALLY freaked out - no honey, I don't have any big newsflash to share! :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This was yet another product I stumbled onto by accident on this sometimes-dangerous site we so love. MUA has yet to fail me - this came at a time we really needed it in the household.

When I was breastfeeding my second baby, I refused to apply anything to my extremely sore and painful nipples, so I never tried Lansinoh for that. I wish I had, though, because if it works as well for cracked nipples as it does for chapped lips (which makes this holy grail in our house now), I might have been saved from a couple of months of sheer pain.

My eight year old son is prone to chapped lips, and to make it worse, he licks his lips. During our cold Canadian winters, there's little I can do for him, other than to urge him to stop licking, leave a tube of Chapstick in his coat pocket and remind him to drink more water. The poor thing has looked like he has a third lip - the chapping has been that bad, that red.

Lansinoh to the rescue. This is very, very thick and waxy; it almost has the texture of stick glue. In a cold house, it's even worse. It can be difficult to squeeze it out of the tube, but it never hardens - it just takes some elbow grease to get it out. But boy, does it ever work. Overnight, this heals the lips fully. I can't go without this at night now, and my little guy is so grateful he no longer suffers from "third lip." Can't recommend this enough. It's a little pricier than Aquaphor, which I still use (but only during the day), but there's quite a bit of product and I can see it lasting a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product based on reviews here and elsewhere. It is a thick, very thick gel which is hard to squeeze out of the tube, and it is a bit pricey, but the results are great. I use some on my cuticles and lips each night before bed, then appy Aquaphor over them, and no cracked or chapped or split fingers or lips thus far this winter. It's been very cold and very dry here where I live, and it's been wet and cold as well and so the skin gets quite a workout trying to figure out what to do.

I've read that folks who grew up in intensely cold regions (which I did) develop cracks in cuticles more easily than those from temperate zones, and so now I'm not just thinking these cracked areas will get better and be gone. I work with my hands and at times these cuticle cracks are painful. Lansinoh heals them quickly, and probably is preventative too. I ought to mention that if one is lanolin-sensitive, then this product is not for you.

The stuff can be warmed to make it more viscous but I'm too lazy to do it so I just use my fingers to work it into the areas where it does such wonderful healing.

Definite re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by DeadNinjaPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews I really wanted to get this product. Unfortunately it was almost $9.00 but I figured since everyone said it's so great I'd buy it. I could care less about the packaging. I like that it lasts a long time and adds a bit of shine. What I don't like is that my lips are still chapped in some places. It worked better for me in the beginning and now it doesn't seem to work as well. It's still the best thing that I found so far. It does make my lips softer and keeps them hydrated but I still have a couple of dry rough spots.Overall I like this product and will continue to buy it unless I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was told about this awesome product by some lovely ladies here, I used it for it's original purpose, then on a particularly cold day I found myself without my chapstick, so i reached into the diaperbag and squeezed a bit out and put it on, OMGoodness, this lasted until the next day! I'm never looking back, this stuff is great, a little pricey but totally worth it since a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only thing that works for my super dry lips.....I started using retin-a and also because its wintertime my lips have been crazy dry, and painful. I kinda wish they had this in like a little travel tube or something, possibly something that doesn't say 'for breastfeeding mothers' because i would love to keep a tube on my desk at work, but am a little embarassed to have that out.....i have some in a little plastic container, but it would be so convenient to have it in a little tube. oh well.....this stuff is just too good to complain about!