September 19, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this because of MUA reviews. Honestly, its nothing special. I've gotten the same moisturizing results from many lip balms that were made for that purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by finesttluv

i can't believe i never thought to review this!
its kinda weird using a breastfeeding cream on your lips but its soo worth the embarrassment of travelling with it or bringing it over for a sleepover. i made my friends try it and now they don't tease me about this anymore :D

i spread a generous amount on my lips right before sleep. i wake up with luscious silky smooth lips. definetly a staple. totally rec to everyone with chapped & dry lips. HG !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

When I read the MUA reviews, I thought that this was pretty funny. I decided to give it a try because MUA mostly always right and I haven't found an overnight lip treatment that worked for me. I went to Target and got this in the maternity section (the section where the baby bottles are). It cost less than $9 for a 2oz bottle: a little goes a long ways! I used this nightly and within 2 nights I noticed that my lips peeled a lot less during the day! This is the only stuff that I have used that stays on all night. By the time I wake up, I can feel a film on my lips which tells me that this stuff is still working by the morning. This is bar none the best overnight lip treatment I have used. It's unscented, and the texture is sticky.

I have tried to use it on my cuticles and a little goes a long way. Even though it's sticky, it absorbs super fast. I also tried it on the bottom of my foot which was a little dry. That worked great!

Cons: the packaging is a bit embarrassing, but that's easily solved by putting a little bit in an empty pigment jar.

Update: it's been over 2 years since I have started to use this, and I still regularly use Lansinoh Lanolin as a night treatment (in fact, this is the same tube that I'm using so it does last super long). I never have to even touch my chapstick during the day and my lips have not chapped since. Definitely HG!

Great multi-tasker; highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank you MUA. I have had severe eczema on my hands in the area between my thumb and finger. Weird, I know. Hard to shake hands when it flares up. My dermatologist prescribed a powerful cortisone cream which only helped a little. After reading the reviews on the Lansinoh Lanolin I figured, why not? OMG after one night I already can see and feel a huge difference. It is thick but so worth the effort needed to rub it in. I plan to carry it with me this winter. Only funny story (which someone else mentioned) I got a picture text from my husband who found the cream on the counter and wanted to know if I had anything to tell him (after all it is sold as a cream for nursing mothers) I told him at my age he wouldn't have found out by seeing the tube, he would have found out by the BREAKING NEWS story on every station!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by kmftiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It is truly HG for me when it comes to moisturizing my lips. I have tried everything and this far outweighs them all. It stays on my lips but actually moisturizes rather than just sitting there. Definitely will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by mrslid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow wow wow!! I can't believe I've had this lying around for it's real purpose and never thought to try it on my lips and hands before. Incredible!!! My chapped hands healed overnight and my lips look fantastic. It works like a dream! It is very thick and tacky so I think I would only put it on my hands at night but lips I think you could get away with anytime. It actually stayed on my lips all night! Love love love this!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay so I thought I'd better throw in my 2 cents here on yet another great MUA find. Every winter, no matter how obsessive I am about consistently applying lotions and cream to my hands, without fail they get dry, red, and chapped... and just plain hurt. This happened yet again this year, and as I was lamenting to myself about how much my hands hurt... I suddenly remembered the great reviews I had seen for this product.

So I zipped up to Target (yes, made a special trip) and found this. Got home, and immediately applied to the backs of my hands. That was two hours ago. Yes it's goopy and looks and feels greasy on my hands, but oh my goodness... in TWO hours the redness is gone, and you can't even tell how chapped they were except for one particularly troublesome spot. I will be applying this regularly, although probably at night with gloves because it certainly doesn't sink into the skin like a lotion or hand cream. Nevertheless, if it keeps working like this... I'll be a follower for life. I'm amazing at the instant difference!! Wow. Like wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HANDS DOWN, the BEST lip product out there!!!! Tracked it down at BABIES R US ( the ONLY benefit of suburbia is access to huge landscape-- blighting megastores) here in Manhattan (drugstores here carry only the basics, for some reason). After TWO nights of this, my lips are buttery soft, hydrated, like a baby's. Have always thought those obsessives who slather on mineral based chapsticks were actually increasing their dryness--but the 'organic', more costly balms never did anything either....this is perfection! I wear a drying fuschia lipcolor, so reapplying balm during the day is out, anyway.

I want to eat this, to bathe in it. It becomes creamy on contact, I use it on my neck and decolletage, and of course hands. It would be great if they produced a slightly thinner formula for the rest of the body.

I usually don't bother to review, but HAD to take the time to do this--fantastic find!!!! I would buy stock in their company!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lanolin really is a great product all around and for many different usages. I originally bought this because I had had my son, was nursing, and did need it for chapped nipples. I was given samples of it while in the hospital with him and then when I went home I bought the full size tube (2 oz/56 grams)...but it will last you a VERY long time. Okay, so yes...I originally used it for cracked and sore nipples. Now, two years later, my son is no longer breastfed, but I still hung onto my tube. Recently I have had problems with chapped lips. I'm allergic to a lot of lip conditioning treatments, and my usual chapsticks, aquaphor, EOS balm, even vaseline weren't working. So, I pulled this out. Its really not unheard of to be used on ANY dry, chapped, cracked, sore area. Plus it is 100% natural. Its actually a fatty substance sheep excrete through their sebaceous glands to keep their wool water-proof....doesn't sound glamorous, but thats why it is such a great protectant on human flesh. And it doesn't harm the animal in ANY way when harvesting it...its simply taken from the wool after they have been sheered and before the wool is cleaned. ANYWAY, a teeny tiny pee (if even that much) does the trick. You'll find as it warms up under your finger or on your flesh you've put it on, it spreads easier. I even use this on my sons bottom when it is raw to create a barrier between his skin and the sogginess in the diaper :-) Its a great product and one I won't be without now. I guess thankgoodness I needed this in the beginning of my mommy-hood or I may not have ever thought to use it for my lips.

ah, and I also HIGHLY recommend ONLY getting Lansinoh brand Lanolin...so far it is the ONLY one that I have found that is actually pure 100% lanolin and doesn't have extras added in.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by 4jsc

I use this just like vaseline or shea butter, only it's far better. It's thick, protective and moisturizing. Using overnight is best, as others have said. Fabulous for lips. When I wake up, they're hydrated and plump--which is always nice when you're over 50! Also, the squeeze tube is hygenic and easy to use. Thanks MUAers for another wonderful rec.