August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not going to be very popular for my opinion of the Beauty Blender, but here goes...

I think this sponge is extremely over priced and over-rated. There. I said it. I don't dislike the Beauty Blender, but I feel like the same results can be achieved with any cosmetic sponge.

I generally use it wet to thin out heavy foundations like Colorstay. Also, it comes in handy when working with cheek stains such as Benetint because it's dense and can cover a lot of space a lot quicker than my fingers...this helps prevent streaks.

But, again...any sponge can do the same thing. The drug store is crawling with BB dupes and every one of them work just as well as the Beauty Blender. I've owned the real deal and the dupes, and there really is not much of a difference in my opinion.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the generic kind at Kohl's for only $5.00 and I will never, ever use any kind of sponge ever again. This is the best beauty tool in my kit. It can provide medium-to-heavy coverage in under 5 minutes, blends beautifully, and the tip can reach into my facial crevices (such as my eye wrinkles especially) much better than any of my fingers or under eye brushes can.

I always thought this sponge would apply like a regular, square sponge at the Dollar Store. I could never understand or even believe the hype surrounding it. But no...this sponge works wonders and I will never go without it, ever again.

I can't think of any cons to this product as it seems it can be universally used whether your skin is oily or dry, is cheap, durable, and easily washable.

Best cosmetic purchase I've made in the year of 2013.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Funsizedeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give this thing 10 lippies, I would! Ok, so I had been reading about this "miracle sponge" thing for awhile and I get pretty skeptical about products I read about on blogger websites for the fact so many of them receive their products for free or even paid in return for good reviews. But after buying pretty much every kind of foundation brush on the market and not having my ideal end result, I finally broke down and decided to splurge on this to see what the hype was all about. I was able to get 2 Beauty Blenders for $25 on the makeupgeek website, which I figured was a pretty good deal. I watched a few YouTube videos on application to make sure I used it correctly (I'm a bit clueless when it comes to reading directions, thanks Mom!). Needless to say, THEY WERE RIGHT! Why oh why did I wait so long to purchase this wonderful pink miracle?! I now have at least $100 worth of foundation brushes I will most likely never use again thanks to this product. If you use it slightly damp and press in your foundation (don't swipe, it makes it look weird) I promise you it will look like you're not even wearing foundation yet your face will look flawless! I can finally start using drug store makeup again and get the same results just from using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lord have mercy, JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON. It is worth the hype. I know it seems silly to pay a relatively expensive amount for a sponge, but I promise you, it will make the crappiest foundation look good. I use this with my Covergirl Outlast Foundation (see review) and they are perfect together, as the beautyblender tends to make things natural looking, and the foundation is full coverage/matte.
My only con is that for me, it does not give me as full of a coverage as if I used a dense brush, but I rather have some of my acne showing and look natural then be caked up.
I did not buy the cleanser, I just use some gentle face wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kelley808

I had never heard about the beauty blender until a sales associate at Sephora recommended it. I took the plunge and bought it. It is amazing! I use the solid cleanser everytime iI use it. Do yourself a favor and get one! You can always return it if you don't like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Kelb92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this sponge! I use this with liquid foundation and it makes my face look airbrushed, flawless, and look like im not even wearing any foundation. Its a little pricey but definitely worth every penny. HG for sure! Way better then a foundation brush too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best makeup applicator ever invented. I use this for applying my foundation, concealer and even setting powder. It makes my skin look flawless and airbrushed, truely amazing. I have tried dupes but they are more stiff and so hard to wash comparing to this. I would repurchase and always in a 2 pack!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by cahyani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the beauty blender for my face base. I apply my concealer using the tip, my bb cream or foundation with the slanted side and powder my face with the bottom of the beauty blender. It is amazing!!! I don't even use my brushes anymore ever since I got the beauty blender. I just love it because it is a tool for everything. However, I would appreciate if they would invent a place to store the beauty blender. Overall, I love it and would buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh wow. I have put off buy a Beautyblender for so long. I assumed that all sponges were essentially the same, therefore my Sonia Kashuk blending sponge was just fine. There was no reason to shell out extra money for a beautyblender. My Sonia Kashuk sponge is now falling apart, what do I do? It cost me around $11, which is ok. Then my birthday comes and my husband takes me to Sephora (my first time there). I use this opportunity to purchase a beautyblender and decide to check it out on the way home. IT WAS SO SOFT. SO PLIABLE. Just a delight to touch. Here this little sponge was dry and new and it was 10x softer than the sponge I've been using after it's been soaked and squeezed out! I used it the next morning. It blended in my concealer and foundation like a dream. Now I know what people mean when they say it gives you an "airbrushed" finish. It made these products look like my skin...only better. It blended better than any brush or sponge I have ever used. Now I regret that I didn't buy it sooner. I have a teenage sister and I know what I'm getting her for Christmas now. I'm going to start her journey with makeup off right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had the BB for about 6 months now and I love it. I need full coverage face because of tons of blackheads on my face. I use Revlon Colorstay (2 quarter size dots) over my face and the BB blends it out perfectly. Only problem I do have with it is that I have medium size nails and now there are nail tears on it. But it still works just the same. But I tried the so called "dupes" and they are not to compare.