April 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mmmm...I fell for the hype and bought this...love the jar but the cream isn't anything special..def not worth the price tag.
I disliked the cream so much, I decanted some lip balm into it and threw the rest away.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and have been using it at the gym, and maybe it's because I can't dig a small amount out of the jar with my fingers (no applicator in my gym bag) but I HATE this stuff. It's hard to apply and when it's finally on, it feels like a heavy, greasy mess. If I hadn't already been handling it I'd put it up for swap. Ås it is, I'll probably end up using it as a lip balm or cuticle cream. For the record, my skin is dry and sensitive but in pretty good shape for my age; and my fave night cream is BB Intensive Overnight. Goes on nicely, feels good, makes my skin look good, smells like lavendar, and is a fraction of the price of this--IMO--overhyped product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by su1717ie

I have oily but dehydrated skin type. Read so much comments about the original creme de la mer .. About how it is too rich for oily skin types but apparently this wonderful product helps control the oil on my face and definitely helps moisturise my cheeks .. tried the moisturising gel creme for 3 weeks but it doesn't suit me thus was given a sample of the original creme de la mer to try. Can see the difference on the first application. Their sale staff even offered a full exchange from moisturising gel creme to original creme de la mer. This is definitely my HG !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by thejemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Upon using this product for my sensitive skin; recovering from many acne treatments I found that it deeply hydrated and soothed my irritated skin. I use this product every other day as I find that it can cause very small very mild spots to appear as it is so deeply conditioning. I recommend this before bed time not in the day as it can be quite thick underneath makeup.
Overall I would purchase this again as my skin has reacted very well to it without any redness or blotches which i would usually develop with any other moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by crystalized128

Bought this because i wanted to see what all the hype was about...
pros---
nice smell
great on sensite skin
if you order from the website, comes beautifully packed
made skin clearer, smoother and more radiant

cons---
very expensive
akward screwing lid on and off

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by prpapi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product when it was a serious moisturizer. I am really disappointed that the formula as changed, so that consumers would buy the add-ons that were once available in a single, easy step. This creme WAS amazing, and it was a total luxury, but now it really just saddens me that such an amazing, special product was watered-down. I remember when this cream actually "regenerated skin"! It did it like magic--fresh, new skin within hours! Now, it's a whole bunch of crap. I do miss the smell, which should be sold separately, lol.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Mashmash

Excellent product. Can be too rich if used alone especially in the summer. Apply on top on a serum or concentrate = Perfecttttt!! Best for winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by boglinmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic moisturiser. I can't understand the negative comments - I have very sensitive skin and this cream instantly soothes and calms. The positive comments I have had since using this more than make up for the price paid for it.I use the toner and eyes creams also - all work for me so much so I now use the liquid foundation - which again I fund one of the best I have ever used. Yes it's very expensive but lasts for many months - try a sampler first before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ChristieL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS CREAM. First, it is not for everyone. It is extremely rich, quite expensive, and probably not the best for people with delicate skin. I have combo skin, some discolouration, and had dry patches on my face. It is a wonderful cream! I put it on at night and use it ALSO as an eye cream. My skin just loves it. I also put it on my lips and it cures the chapped bits. The wrinkles around my eyes have disappeared.

My sister has used this on her scarring on her arms (she had an accident), and I have noticed spots and old markings on my face fade a lot.

I must say that for what I wanted it for, the cream did its job and more. YAY. If you want something very emollient and have needs for your skin to be cured/nourished in special ways, it's great. BUT if you want something that's for anti-ageing (AHA or good for cell turnover, this is not it).

Also, I've noticed that a lot of people have complained about that "cheap" ingredients and "fillers" in this cream. Honestly, it doesn't matter that much if the overall recipe of the cream works for your skin! I don't really care about that! I've tried purely organic creams where I can read the small list of "fresh" ingredients. I have also used creams with no mineral oil, or no petrolatum, and that does NOT mean that they're "better". A good cream can have great ingredients (i.e. Kelp and such) mixed with other things, and still be good for some people :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by moment5211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this cream for a month then I felt it is too heavy for me. Now that I have found my HG moiturizer - Perricone MD nourishing moiturizer- great for my winter irritated, sensitive, acne-prone skin, I am editing my review for la mer. I will keep it 4 lippies because of the pros:

+ soothing, calming
+ great hydration
+ balance skin condition/ moiturizing but not greasy
+ a little goes a long way

But i guess for my age or my skin type, it's just too heavy for me, I don't feel comfortable wearing it.

Bottom line is, when I get much older/ feel absolutely desperate to fix wrinkles, I will repurchase this.