Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

I didn't really like this makeup remover -- I gave it a 2 because, though it didn't irritate my eyes, it didn't remove my eye-makeup very well! I'd always wake up with smeared mascara on my face when I used this. I've tried the pads, and like them... but for some reason, this little bottle doesn't do it for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I didn't care for this. It doesn't have a scent, and doesn't leave any oily residue on the eye area afterwards. A tube lasts quite a long time because you don't need to use much. To get the eye makeup off using this, you have to massage the gel onto the eye area & lashes and then rinse. It's just so messy... Plus, it stings if I accidentally get it into my eyes. I liked the Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads a lot better. So, I would not be repurchasing this product again.

on 5/28/2005 12:51:00 AM

I noticed a very strong odor when I used this product. Had it been on the shelf a long time before I purchased it and turned rancid or is that the "non" fragrance? It works ok, but I am afraid to get it in my eyes, so what's the use? I won't be using this again.

I've got the pads and they BURN!! Afterwards, the skin around my eyes is very irritated and sensitive. I have bought these twice now, hoping my eyes would get used to them, but no such luck. Will NOT repurchase.

on 5/26/2004 12:50:00 PM

This is a review for the lotion, which I thought would be just a liquid version of the pads. And I guess it is but, I don't know, this stung a little, while the pads do not. Perhaps because it's easy to oversaturate a cotton ball with this, whereas the pads have a measured amount? This is fine, but I do like the pads better.

on 4/26/2004 3:40:00 PM

These little pads are a wonderful convenience. Removes makeup quickly. There are many good removers on the market, but i prefer pre-moistened pads so the little fibers don't go into eyes.

on 4/24/2004 12:28:00 PM

I Use the Non-Oily Eye Make up Remover Pads. Which i think are better. My eyelid breaks out very easily, this product does not make them. It removes my Waterproof Mascara really easy.

on 4/6/2004 2:26:00 AM

I bought this product as I was told that it would be good for contact lens users. However, I find the strong alcohol is irritating to my eyes and nose. The cotton pads in the jar are also difficult to remove without touching the other cotton pads in the container.Will not be repurchasing.

on 2/13/2004 3:11:00 AM

I did not have good results with this unlike most of the reviews. I use waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it did not remove it and really all it did was smear it. Now, I do wear quite a bit of eyemakeup, but still I was not impressed and will not buy it again.

on 2/2/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This product removed nearly all of my stubborn waterproof eyeliner & mascara. I had to do a touch-up with more remover on a q-tip to remove everything. I would consider repurchasing.