September 2, 2014 | 1131 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have incredibly pale skin and NW10 matches perfectly. I think it is ridiculous that I had to pay $32 for the bottle and then another 11$ for the pump when all macs other foundations come with a pump. This foundation is a little drying, but not as drying as revlon colorstay. I wear moisturizer underneath the foundation and then mix SFF with a moisturizing gel and macs lustre drops in pink rebel. This makes the foundation a little less flat and drying. It needs to be set with powder so I use either studio fix powder, MSFN in light plus or MSF in lightscapade. The foundation needs to be applied with a flat top brush (i use ecotools custom coverage brush) or with a damp sponge. If you use your fingers or a stippling brush it will look streaky. It lasts about 6-8 hours before I notice fading- definitely not as long as revlon colorstay lasts. It is medium to full coverage but you are able to build it a little (not as much as colorstay) so I believe the coverage is a little better than colorstay. Overall I will be repurchasing and reusing the pump I had to buy.

EDIT: after using this foundation for over a year, I've never had any issues with it causing breakouts. Although this may be because I don't have acne prone skin (just sensitive skin) and I use a clairsonic daily after makeup wipes to ensure all the makeup is removed from my pores. I don't have oxidation issues, and I really love this foundation. It's definitely HG status for me. It covers everything I want it to without looking cakey and it stays matte all day. It also doesn't cling to my dry patches or flake around my nose area like other foundations do. My only complaint would be that it doesn't work well with cream blushes or liquid highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade NC35.

Packaging:
IT DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP.

Price:
It would be okay.... IF IT CAME WITH A PUMP.

Texture:
I would say that this is quite creamy.

Smell:
Your average foundation smell.

Pros:
-Great buildable coverage
-Lasts all day
-Has a matte finish

Cons:
-IT DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP
-Can become cakey as well as make your face oily

Comments/Impressions:
I like this foundation. I can use it on its own or with a moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer, good for every day use. I mix this with my Clinique Moisturizing Gel and they work wonders since they're both matte finishes. You really really need to moisturize for this foundation because it will most certainly highlight your dry spots if you don't. I absolutely abhor the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, and actually becomes more expensive than other MAC Foundations if you purchase the pump! Very lame. If you're going to purchase this foundation, I really recommend you buy the pump because it makes application so much more easier and hygienic.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

This product made my face itchy and gave me tiny little bumps. Awful. MAC is terrible for acne prone skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only foundation that sticks to my oily skin, comes in a shade that matches me (nw10), covers redness (i'm irish), covers wet eczema (I have severe eczema breakouts around my eyes), covers acne (cystic acne), and doesn't break me out. people compliment my skin when i wear this. I love the smell, i love the satin/matte finish, i love the lasting power (i use it with the blot powder), i love love love this. I finally have confidence that i don't look like a greasy red tomato. I used makeup forever mat velvet and it didn't work for me at all and i don't know why!! This one though omg i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by the_duckie

NC30. With my yellow Asian skin, I've been looking for a foundation that doesn't make it look freakishly orange, and I believe I've found my HG. . I wear it on top of primer and apply with my fingers.

It has a matte texture, which is great with my oily/combination skin. It's also quite opaque and gives beautiful coverage. I have a lot of acne discolorations on my cheeks (as well as some current acne on my chin) and this covers them well. It lasts all day.

As for the container, it comes in a glass bottle with a sturdy screw-on top. I wish I didn't have to buy the pump separately - I recommend you do so in order to save product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Vee182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have SUPER OILY SKIN! This foundation made me produce even more oil which made me look extremely cakey :( the worst part is that it broke me out. I hate this product. Still looking for an actual mattifying foundation that is a reasonable cost.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

This is my favorite foundation! I have tried others but none work as well as this on my acne prone combination skin. It gives me full coverage on my discoloration, but isn't too heavy. Gives an excellent matte finish, far underrated on this site! Great for combo/oily skin! must have! only downside is the packaging, but a little of this goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by justmee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for around 3 years now. I've got blemishes, freckles and what not on my skin I also have combination skin. I think this is the best foundation for combination skin as when applied it makes the skin look matte and doesn't make me look like I'm sweating. I think its amazing to cover up marks and really does even out the skin.
The shade I use is NC40. This is the perfect shade because it completely matches my skintone.

I would recommend this foundation to people with oily skin and combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Breighp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fav foundation for a flawless look. Has been my go to foundation for years now. For a night out with a setting powder this lasts and looks great in pics. It's okay for oily skin but need to blot or touch up every 5 hours. Dewy finish. Doesn't cause me to have break outs always a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by nic0lee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my favourite foundation for years. It is perfect for my oily, acne-prone skin, as it helps control the oil and has full coverage to cover any acne. Also does not break me out, blends flawlessly, and have a great range of colours (I wear NW10). I could not rave any more about this foundation, it's simply perfect. I have never found a foundation that's beat it for me, and I will continue to use it for years!