Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 1/16/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is about $3 at Walmart (not bad) and I have bought it only once because it lasts SO LONG. This is VERY GOOD DEAL. You barely have to use any of it at all because it such a thick, concentrated consistency. I actually have to worry about using too much.

This makes my hair smooth and will not weigh it down unless I use too much. When I do use too much, it makes my hair incredibly STICKY! It's so gross I actually have to hop back in the shower and rinse my hair out! This has happened a few times and it's annoying when you're in a rush. I took away one lipstick for this reason.

My hair is straight and long. I use this when my hair is damp after a shower, and I feel like it protects my hair a little bit from blowdrying heat as well. Of course it is better when I air dry, but I get lazy. This combined with the amazing Fortifying Garnier Fructis Deep Conditioner does wonders for my hair (it is also great with other conditioners though). For me it does the same thing Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk does. The difference is that Smoothing Milk will not make my hair sticky, but Leave-in Conditioner has more product for the same price.

It smells good if you like the smell of Garnier Fructis hair products. I often get compliments on how my hair smells when I wear this! Also, my older sister, who does not like to compliment me, has commented a few time on how soft my hair has looked, and I had used this.

I like the packaging, but it can get a little messy when the product gets outside of the nozzle and it will dry there (like dried body lotion on the pump, ick). It's not so bad and doesn't do anything to the inside product though. The nozzle is like those Arrowhead water bottles that you pull up to drink, if you know what I'm talking about?

I would recommend this for anyone that has dry hair! Just be careful with how much you put on, or dilute it. And use it when your hair is damp.

on 1/5/2010 11:36:00 PM

This smells nice, but it weighs my hair down and makes it look greasy and gross like I haven't washed it in about a week.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product, I use it on my damp hair when I get out of the shower, and then again when it's dry. My hair is long and straight, but tends to get tons of flyaways, frizz and static. This product takes care of these issues and also adds tons of shine. Many reviewers are complaing about the smell which is quite wretched in the palm of your hands, bur I've noticed that once you work it into your hair it begins to smell like the rest of their hair care products, which is a scent that I love! It is also very cheap which is always a plus..

on 12/31/2009 3:58:00 PM

PROS; This may work for some? Inexpensive.

CONS: Weird smell. Doesn't work very well. Just weighs my fine hair down.

ALTERNATES: Aveeno's Nourishing leave-in treatment or Nexxus's leave in conditioner. For an even LIGHTER version, try Aussie's leave-in conditioner. And for CURLS, I prefer Pantene's Pro-V Detangler for curly hair.

on 12/19/2009 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have kind of unusual hair. It's thick, wavy brown hair, untreated, and I wanted it to be less frizzy. I wasn't sure how to style it but I heard these types of treatments feel nice. Awesome stuff - my hair was sleek, shiny, so soft.. Easy to style with, it feels thicker and my ends sometimes felt a bit crispy, not so here. No residue, great container - so easy to squeeze whatever you want out. One of my favourite hair products.. right now, my favourite (I've really enjoyed Garnier's smoothing milk in the past, but never see it anymore). I've tried mousses and hairsprays, and this doesn't give me a specific style but just beautiful hair. The rest is up to me!

on 12/17/2009 11:46:00 AM

I didn't like this product on several levels. First, it didn't feel moisturizing at all. Second, this product left a residue in my hair - felt really weighed down and 'waxy' even though I only put a bit in my hair. It left my hair looking dull and 'blah'. Third, the scent is very cheap and pungent. I would definitely not buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Why aren't there more options for the "Would you buy this product again?" Because with this product, a simple yes or no just doesn't cut it. Yes, I would buy this again, especially if I got a great deal on it as I did when I first purchased. But no, this just didn't knock my socks off.

This product smells great, like green apples, but mild and a bit tart without straying into the realm of jolly-rancher-green-apple. Thank goodness, because I can't stand foody or candy smells on my skin or hair. Also, the scent doesn't linger as much as I thought it would, which is also a plus.

It does seem to add some moisture to the ends of my long hair, and it seems to help protect my hair from the heat of blow drying. But I just wasn't impressed. I liked that it the formula is pretty thick and rich, but it didn't add as much shine or silkiness as I was hoping for. On the other hand, although it makes my hair feel a bit too weighted down while drying and styling, it does seem to impart a lasting bit of moisture throughout the day. And that weighted down feeling goes away pretty quickly once my hair is dry and styled.

All in all, this was worth it, but not so great that I won't be looking for other options.

on 11/28/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally curly hair type 3b. Normally, I use Sebastian Potion 9 as my leave-in conditioning treatment. I decided to try Garnier because Walgreens was having a promotion on these products so I decided to give them a try. I have to agree with reviewer Yousweatme: This product causes my hair to fall out more. A lot more. This alone is enough to keep from using the product again. While it does help with the frizzies, it is still not as good in my opinion as Potion 9 at controlling frizz. I also find that this cream is heavy and weighs hair down. Plus, it builds up in the hair and I have a hard time washing it out. Overall, I was disappointed by this product and I will not buy it again. I'm going back to my Sebastian Potion 9.

on 11/24/2009 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My hair is curly, dry and damaged. I straighten my hair about 2 times a week. my hair is about shoulder length and to keep it curly, well, it frustruates me. Especially since my hair is dry and i feel like im wearing a helmet!

i decided to give my hair a break from heat so i searched for products that were meant for curly hair. I used mousse, gel, gel/creams and nothing worked. my hair was still dry and my curls were not even close to being defined. It was so scrunchy...mainly because of all the products. I would often use 5-7 products on my hair to obtain an okay look. thats a lot of product and money! And most, did absolutely nothing to my hair. so, i gave up.

I wanted longer hair and i decided to give up the flat iron for a while. only for those special ocassions or for the weekends. i was looking for a leave in conditioner. i had read somewhere that applying conditioner to your hair (while styling) leaves your hair soft. sounds like a good idea but i decided to look for a product that was designed to stay in your hair. i didnt have many choices so i purchased this.

at first, i wasnt amazed. it was like any other product. a few days after purchasing it, i applied this and a mousse i had. i braided my hair and did my chores. once i started separating my hair, wow! beautiful ringlets! i had never seen my hair this beautiful before! my hair is soft and manageable.

this product is cheap and gives amazing results. ive had this for about a month and i still have lots left.

on 11/6/2009 3:33:00 PM

This product seems to leave my hair a little sticky. I put it on my towel dried hair and it does leave my hair feeling softer. The scent is quite good and it is not overly pricey. However I would much prefer the Sleek and Shine one because i can actually see difference in shine and it doesn't feel sticky. I wouldn't buy it again and would rather try another product.