October 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair type 3b. Normally, I use Sebastian Potion 9 as my leave-in conditioning treatment. I decided to try Garnier because Walgreens was having a promotion on these products so I decided to give them a try. I have to agree with reviewer Yousweatme: This product causes my hair to fall out more. A lot more. This alone is enough to keep from using the product again. While it does help with the frizzies, it is still not as good in my opinion as Potion 9 at controlling frizz. I also find that this cream is heavy and weighs hair down. Plus, it builds up in the hair and I have a hard time washing it out. Overall, I was disappointed by this product and I will not buy it again. I'm going back to my Sebastian Potion 9.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is curly, dry and damaged. I straighten my hair about 2 times a week. my hair is about shoulder length and to keep it curly, well, it frustruates me. Especially since my hair is dry and i feel like im wearing a helmet!

i decided to give my hair a break from heat so i searched for products that were meant for curly hair. I used mousse, gel, gel/creams and nothing worked. my hair was still dry and my curls were not even close to being defined. It was so scrunchy...mainly because of all the products. I would often use 5-7 products on my hair to obtain an okay look. thats a lot of product and money! And most, did absolutely nothing to my hair. so, i gave up.

I wanted longer hair and i decided to give up the flat iron for a while. only for those special ocassions or for the weekends. i was looking for a leave in conditioner. i had read somewhere that applying conditioner to your hair (while styling) leaves your hair soft. sounds like a good idea but i decided to look for a product that was designed to stay in your hair. i didnt have many choices so i purchased this.

at first, i wasnt amazed. it was like any other product. a few days after purchasing it, i applied this and a mousse i had. i braided my hair and did my chores. once i started separating my hair, wow! beautiful ringlets! i had never seen my hair this beautiful before! my hair is soft and manageable.

this product is cheap and gives amazing results. ive had this for about a month and i still have lots left.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by k7ho

This product seems to leave my hair a little sticky. I put it on my towel dried hair and it does leave my hair feeling softer. The scent is quite good and it is not overly pricey. However I would much prefer the Sleek and Shine one because i can actually see difference in shine and it doesn't feel sticky. I wouldn't buy it again and would rather try another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by fcirone1

Pleasantly surprised! I have thick, curly, highlighted/color treated hair so i wanted something that would help condition it in between days. I bought this conditioner as i read good things about it and i didn't want to spend an arm and an leg on expensive leave in.

Amazing...on par with other more expensive leave ins like Paul Mitchell, Sebastian. Not greasy, controls frizzies. I applied it on one side of my head and what a difference!! Tames fly aways, conditions hair. Can use daily!!! I can see this being good as a cream to defrizz if you straighten your hair. Repels moisture too...i can see this being great in hot humid weather!!! So glad to have found this and highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG- i just got this product last week. I work out four to five times a week and having to wash/blow dry/straighten my hair every single day (and sometimes twice a day)is really damaging and totally drying my hair out. I'm mixed and have a weird blend of hair lol- you so cannot wash my kind of hair everyday as it poses more harm than good. anyway, I was looking for a leave in conditioner that would help repair my hair and restore it at least a little bit. and oh my goodness- this product is wonderful. i hate, hate, HATE the smell...that's about the only down side. The price- got it for like five buck at walmart, the packaging is perfect i can throw it in my gym bag and not worry about leaking, and its so easy. you can use it on dry, unwashed hair are you can apply it as soon as you finished washing your hair. I've found the latter to produce better results. my hair has this nice, soft, silky texture to it which I've never found with any previous product- at least to this magnitude. I LOVE this product and I hope anyone else who has tried it as had similar great results.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by yousweatme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi! I have used this leave-in conditioner for a year now. I did not notice my hair being anymore conditioned or healthy than before I used this product. It DID get rid of frizzies and tamed my hair during the humidity. Basically, I would shower, towel dry for about 10 minutes, and then apply this leave in conditioner and leave the house. My hair would be crunchy, it basically looked like I had scrunched it. This, I didn't mind too much though. WHAT I DID MIND is the loss of hair! I lost so much hair from this product. I told many of the Youtube Gurus who have used this product and loved it that it made me lose hair. And soon after, they also realized that this product had the same flaw for them. Garnier products do what they claim, but the downfall of hair loss from many of their products leads me to quit on Garnier haircare. I'm off to Sally's soon to pick up some products that will hopefully do me well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by liteskinbiatch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only leave-in product dat softens my extremely dry hair 4a hair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This stuff is pretty good, I'm a little shocked by the bad reviews! I've changed my hair cut and now wear my hair wavy/curly so i don't use this product anymore BUT it really does work. It made my hair very soft and it stayed "straighter" but it also felt like it really hydrated my hair and that feeling did not dissapear when I stopped using it, so I feel like it actually did make a difference. I recommend this, but probably won't NEED to actually buy it again because its a huge bottle and such.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I have been trying out a lot of leave-in conditioners lately searching for a good one (I will try to review them all).
I wanted a leave-in because my hair has breakage (at the crown usually) and frizz, and even though I just got it cut there are still some split ends.
Usually I stay away from Garnier because the products tend to build up in my hair. I only used this a couple days in a row, and the first day it was much better than the second. The first day I really liked it. It is a thick cream which I had a little trouble working through my towel-dried hair because I hadn't combed it yet. But it was easier to comb after I worked this through. And I liked the results after I blow-dried my hair. The second day it made my hair more weighed down/greasy feeling than the first, so this would probably build up in my hair also if I used it for any length of time. I did use a clarifying shampoo on the second day before using this and it still felt that way.
Here's what I want in a leave in conditioner, and here is how this product rates:
1. Detangles: yes, but hard to work through hair if it isn't combed first, as this is a thick cream.
2. Creates shine: Better than most
3. Reduces Frizz: This works very well at smoothing hair, but it will also flatten it and it won't be as bouncy.
4. Adds softness: It did feel softer after using this, but it also seemed to have more of a coating on it the second day which I didn't really like. It didn't feel greasy-gross, but I still felt like I wanted to wash it.
5. Mends split ends: The split ends seem less noticeable
6. Adds some moisture: Yes, but it does weigh my hair down, and I have to be careful how much I use too much and it gets really flat and separates. It also seems to separate at the end of the day even if I just use a little (trial day 1).
7. Static reducer: Didn't have any issues with static
8. Good Smell: It smells fruity, but it isn't horrible or a sickening fruit smell, don't love it, but don't hate it either.
9. Price: This was $3.99 at Walgreens
I think if I were going to keep using this it would be just on the very very ends of my hair to help with split ends once in a while. I won't repurchase this it causes too much build up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

urg. okay i heard sooo many great comments on this so i went out to buy it luckily it was on sale b/c this stuff stinks. the first time i used it i loved it it made my hair soft and smooth. the second time it made my hair greasy and gross.EWWW!!! it smells good though,but im just using the rest only on my ends so i dont waste the product and my money.wont recommend it to people definitly not people with oily hair.