August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great gel liner--lasts, creamy, no flaking, no smudging, etc. But this is a very inky black as the name says. Too harsh for me so I handed it off to my daughters who love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Several years of using this eye gel and having several colors of it make me, not an expert but a good observer.

I had not done any reviews of these gels since I have the black, sepia, espereso, black mauve, sapphire, granite and black plum.. lol, I should be a cyclops with so many eyes but this is for my business. I have used all the aforementioned colors for lining, smudging and waterlining. I have found it to be safe for waterline with no observable side effects. I usually use a kohl pencil dipped in the gel to waterline -- I do not use a brush since I find that brushes can tickle and irritate.

All the colors are blendable, smudgeable and yes very waterproof.

As long as BB makes em, I will continue to buy em!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeliner, smooth, black, and waterproof!!!! i know i showered in it a few times lol

my only gripe, is not knowing if its waterline safe? as no other eyeliner stays put!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tina_g

Absolutely outstanding. I am a total cheapskate, but this product is worth every penny of its price (which is expensive). But I will never use anything else. The best part is that I line my waterline, a.k.a. the inner rim of my eyes and this eyeliner stays there practically all day which has NEVER happened before with any other liner. The second best part is that it removes much more easily than Kohl liners with just a little jojoba oil on a q-tip. I am in love! So so so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

Talk about being late to the party! Can't believe I haven't tried this til now. I love this - it creates such a nice opaque line without feathering or creasing or budging. I like to draw a thin line that thickens towards to the outer corner with a slight flick.

Price was good, coz I got mine in one of those boxing day bargains at John Lewis for 30 or 35, which included:
- gel eyeliner in black ink
- eyeliner brush
- cream eye shadow in galaxy
- travel sized mascara

The packaging - not much you can really do to improve it is there? Maybe if it came in a long flat case so you could store the brush inside it for easy travelling, but it's fine the way it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love LOVE! This stuff is amazing. The only black liner I've ever used that has staying power, is easily controllable for the drama of the line (thick vs. thin), a true black, and no transfer. I'm not crazy about the price, but I'll gladly shell it out for such a good product. I truly feel that you get what you pay for with it. I tried MAC Blacktrack a few years back when it came out and it definitely can't hold a candle to this one. I hated the Blacktrack. This one is fabulous and lasts forever. As long as you have a decent brush to work with, you will love it as it's very easy to use even for those of us who dont have the steadiest hand :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after my MAC Fluidline dried up and is getting very difficult to work with. I must say that I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I wouldn't say it's a gel liner (even though it's called that), it's more of a cream liner. It's very easy to work with, and it dries to a matte finish which I love. The texture of this liner makes it so simple to draw a perfect line and perfect "wing". When I used the MAC fluidline, I sometimes had to tug on my eye for the liner to go on smoothly...but with the BB liner I can hold my brush with one hand and mirror in the other and my liner looks perfect all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ojf226

I love this eyeliner! Easy application with the proper brush, and it stays on. Don't let the small container fool you, the product lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was one of those who got sucked into buying this gel eyeliner by the good reviews. All I am going to say is that I am still looking for a gel eyeliner that doesn't smudge/run/dissappear/etc on my oily lids in the summer heat... guess I'll have to keep it to try out in winter...

For those girls who are worried about drying out gel eyeliners, I suggest that instead of closing the lids between applications, simply dig a small amount of gel and put it on the back of your hand, and that's easy application. But I forgotten to mention that when I did this with the BB gel eyeliner, it dried right out while I was lining 1 eye. Also, when you are not using it, store gel liners upside down so it doesn't dry out.

Edit: I gave it more lippies now that I use it along with UDPP, it didn't budge as much as my other gel liners. Now that's something!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black Ink is honestly the blackest black ever. BB's gel liners are amazing, and Black Ink is an amazing black. Would definitely repurchase.