April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

Talk about being late to the party! Can't believe I haven't tried this til now. I love this - it creates such a nice opaque line without feathering or creasing or budging. I like to draw a thin line that thickens towards to the outer corner with a slight flick.

Price was good, coz I got mine in one of those boxing day bargains at John Lewis for 30 or 35, which included:
- gel eyeliner in black ink
- eyeliner brush
- cream eye shadow in galaxy
- travel sized mascara

The packaging - not much you can really do to improve it is there? Maybe if it came in a long flat case so you could store the brush inside it for easy travelling, but it's fine the way it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love LOVE! This stuff is amazing. The only black liner I've ever used that has staying power, is easily controllable for the drama of the line (thick vs. thin), a true black, and no transfer. I'm not crazy about the price, but I'll gladly shell it out for such a good product. I truly feel that you get what you pay for with it. I tried MAC Blacktrack a few years back when it came out and it definitely can't hold a candle to this one. I hated the Blacktrack. This one is fabulous and lasts forever. As long as you have a decent brush to work with, you will love it as it's very easy to use even for those of us who dont have the steadiest hand :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after my MAC Fluidline dried up and is getting very difficult to work with. I must say that I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I wouldn't say it's a gel liner (even though it's called that), it's more of a cream liner. It's very easy to work with, and it dries to a matte finish which I love. The texture of this liner makes it so simple to draw a perfect line and perfect "wing". When I used the MAC fluidline, I sometimes had to tug on my eye for the liner to go on smoothly...but with the BB liner I can hold my brush with one hand and mirror in the other and my liner looks perfect all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ojf226

I love this eyeliner! Easy application with the proper brush, and it stays on. Don't let the small container fool you, the product lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was one of those who got sucked into buying this gel eyeliner by the good reviews. All I am going to say is that I am still looking for a gel eyeliner that doesn't smudge/run/dissappear/etc on my oily lids in the summer heat... guess I'll have to keep it to try out in winter...

For those girls who are worried about drying out gel eyeliners, I suggest that instead of closing the lids between applications, simply dig a small amount of gel and put it on the back of your hand, and that's easy application. But I forgotten to mention that when I did this with the BB gel eyeliner, it dried right out while I was lining 1 eye. Also, when you are not using it, store gel liners upside down so it doesn't dry out.

Edit: I gave it more lippies now that I use it along with UDPP, it didn't budge as much as my other gel liners. Now that's something!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black Ink is honestly the blackest black ever. BB's gel liners are amazing, and Black Ink is an amazing black. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. Couldn't wait to try it after reading all the good reviews. Well, unfortunately I was very disappointed. This product smeared and smudged just less than an hour after I put it on and after a few hours it looked like I wasn't wearing any liner but had definite smudges way below my lower lash. I tried wearing this several times since I had spent so much but always got the same bad results. Not for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great consistency...BUT...for the price...I honestly don't know. It lasts a really long time and with a 266 brush ...total precision.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I can see why everyone loves this..Its pure love.. Great pigmentation and versatility..You get quite the amount of product that should last you quite some time.

And it really is long wear..This baby isnt going to go anywhere once you put it on..Which is great because its smudge and sweat proof..The only con I guess is that if you make a mistake,you gotta be quick in wiping that away.. Because its hard to remove..But other than that,its a true black long wear gel liner which is fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I bought a Bobbie Brown set that came with this gel eye liner, eye liner brush, mascara, eye shadow and lip gloss. I bought this set because I wanted to try this gel liner because of the high ratings here. I use the brush that came with this set to apply the liner. The color is true black, not blue-black, which is good, the color is dark enough and it last very long, even when I try to remove it at night the liner is still there but much thinner of course. Each time I use, I barely make a dent in the pot, so I guess for the price -- there's more product than liquid/pencil eyeliners. There is one thing bad about this liner is that it smudges on my eyes everytime I wear it - eventhough I don't line my bottom lashes, and that's the reason that I will not use this again, I gave this to a friend and I guess it works for her, but it doesn't work for me