November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

like the previous reviewer mentioned, this product doesn't do anything for me. I have used St Ives, marine mineral masks, baking soda, lemon, and the list goes on. There are so many better masks out there that absorb oils just as well without dehydrating my skin like this mask. It doesn't do anything to tone, rejuvinate, or brighten the skin. It actually makes my skin appear more red and blemished. I use this mask the same way I use other mud masks. Leave it on til it dries, then remove promptly. I Do not like how my skin look after using this clay. I find St Ives, or Mint Julip mask work way better at shrinking my pores, smooth out my skin, brighten my complexion, soak up the oils without sucking out the moisture. Indian Clay mask just sucks out the moisture with makes my skin more prone to getting redness. I don't see any reduction in pore size or less oiliness. IF there's anything, my skin end up compensating by producing even more oil. Indian clay does nothing to balance out the skin. would not buy again

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask is amazing for removing blackheads, blemishes, and healing dark spots. This product works BEST when mixed with apple cider vinegar. I do not personally measure out everything, I just eyeball the amounts until I get my desired consistency. The mask works to pull out all of the impurities in the skin, so that after you wash off the mask, you can easily remove your blackheads by gently pushing them out. Any blemishes are gone within the night, and dark spots are lightened. If you do this after a face scrub, it's even better. I receive compliments on my skin all the time now thanks to this regimen. It does not irritate my skin, and works quickly (only 30 minutes and then you wash the mask off). I pray to the heavens that this product is never discontinued, it is a skin saver.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, I bought into the hype for this product. I can't say that I don't fully agree with a lot of these reviews. But I think that the 'miracle product' is a bit over exaggerated, at least on my end. I mix equal parts clay with water and stir with a spoon. I apply it to my face with hands or a brush. Let it dry for 10 minutes and wash off. I do feel my skin tighten and my face pulsate, so this is the strongest mask I have tried. I get the same redness and drying of acne from this clay as from others used though. I agree that this is deep pore cleansing.

On the DOWNSIDE, I think that this process takes forever. I don't like carrying a bowl and spoon into the shower to create this concoction. If you don't mix the powder well into the water, the masque comes out chunky. If you mix or put too much water, mask comes out too watery. I find that having to make my own masque decreases the chances that I will apply it. So, I am regretting the purchase.

I got the same effects on my skin with Neutrogena Clear Pore Mask. I don't find other masks that pulsate, but I don't know if that makes a mask better. I just purchased the Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, as I hear it is similar.

So, I agree with the reviews. The mask is great, not stellar. But if you don't have time or energy to mix your own skincare, get something else.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Asiakiera

I absolutely love this stuff! It has worked wonders for my skin! I've been using it since late January of this year and since then my skin has really came a long way! My acne was mild to moderate but I had deep acne scars from when my acne was severe during high school. I just graduated college last month. This past semester I would use the clay mask religiously twice a week every week and after a few weeks I began to see improvement. Months later, my acne scars are almost gone completely and my skin tone is way more even than what it used to be. I will continue using this for years to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by whitley0499

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice product to have around the house. It's a beauty item, but also should be part of your first aid arsenal. We use this on bug bites, or any other skin irritation. I use it with Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and it works wonders. The clay alone has no scent, but with the Braggs it just smells like vinegar. It doesn't leave any lingering smell. I don't use it on my entire face because my skin is combination and could dry out your dry areas too much, but it makes a great spot treatment for acne or any blemishes. Its great for removing blackheads from the nose area or chin you can feel it tightening and pulling out the impurities when you apply it. I once had a painful ingrown hair near my bikini area and after 2 applications of this bentonite clay it went down and was no longer an issue.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by happygrrl1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this mask for the first time and although it's not exactly a pleasant experience, I definately found it to be effective, especially since I followed it with a pore strip. What a combo!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ughhhhhskinsux

So, this is my go to product if I am having a skin freak out. I went on vacation and I am not sure what happened but, I think I got some sort of infection on my face. I am pretty sure it was staph because I have experienced it before. So, I mix this with collidal silver and spot treat and AMAZING! The result was incredible. No Joke, gone in 2 days. There were 4 spots and they were really bad and inflamed, I tried not to pick but...I extracted one of them and immediately knew it was not an ordinary pimple. So, if this will work for staph I know it would work for an ordinary pimple. It really dries out your skin but, I use retin a at night so it sheds very quickly. I'll take some dry skin over inflammation any day:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by rebeccabaeza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

All I have to say about this stuff is that it is AMAZING! Let me be more specific:
The experience: I am 49 yrs old and do my monthly facial routine at a medical spa where I do my botox. Recently I'd been getting some DMAE facials there but that stuff is not cheap, especially with my move from TX to CA and no job, so I had to cut down. I like natural ingredients bc I have found that just become something is super-expensive does not mean the stuff works. In fact, I have been disappointed with Big Name products many, many times and found natural works best... for me.

Anywho, my face had been acting up, super dry sometimes, then super oily... It would not make up its mind. I started looking like crap... old. Nooooooo!! we cant have that!! I've experienced Queen Helene products and have ALWAYS gone back to those bc they work and you can't beat the price. Then I came across this Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask and decided to try it.

I must admit it took about 3 times to finally get the hang of the mix (with ACV). By the third time I added crushed aspirin (I have hyperpigmentation areas) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. Next I will try adding some honey to the mix as suggested on a previous review.

The Price: Approx $5 for 1 lb powder, makes this extremely cost effective. You only need 2 tablespoons at the most and a couple of capfuls of ACV. You can customize your mix after that like I do. This should last me a very long time as this makes a thick paste and I just keep applying until I establish a thick layer all over my face. I plan to do this 1-2X/week during the summer months when I am most oily and then spot treatment during colder months.

I find that if you let it dry thoroughly, it can be removed with a very warm, wet, face cloth repeating the process being careful not to really tug too much. Afterward, your face will feel dehydrated. Add your fav moisturizer. I add vitamin E or Argan oil and then I go to sleep or I spend the day vegging or watching movies.

The Pulsating: Yes I felt it, but I really think it is blood flow under your dermis since the tightening is happening at the surface/skin area.

Results: The texture of my face has improved dramatically with consistent use. Just like any skin care regime, consistency is KEY and remember to moisturize, even if you have oily skin you should find a moisturizer specifically for oily skin!

Recommendations: I would DEFINITELY buy again. I wish I could purchase in bulk because every time I really like something, somehow the company stops making the product or they change the ingredients, etc. If there comes a point in time where I would not be able to find this for some reason, I would go back to Queen Helene Mud Mask. Anything else is a waste of money for me.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Yeah, I bought into the hype with this product. Used it a couple of times and it was just meeeeh. Didn't do much of anything really, other than irritate my skin. Did nothing for my pores either. I was not expecting it to unclog pores (extraction does that) but' I thought I'd get some kind of refining, but nope. This was basically....useless. I will stick to Whole Truth Solutions Facial Masks for skin clarifying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Camchichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great mask (unlike any mask I've ever tried!) Other masks are simply too thin to draw out impurities or over-exaggerate about its benefits - not Aztec Secret! I've been using it about 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks now with much improvement in my scarring (I'm a skin picker) and hormonal acne, as well as a small reduction in blackheads. My skin isn't sensitive so I mix 1 tablespoon of the Aztec powder with about a shot glass of Braggs ACV. I find i get the best consistency if I only add ACV to the powder once (even though the jar of Aztec Secret says you can add a little more powder or liquid to get the right consistency) because it only becomes foamy the first time. If you try to add more liquid after you have mixed the mask, the liquid doesnt absorb and if you try to add more powder, its too clumpy. *Having a foamy consistency also makes your utensils easier to clean!* I layer it on thick AVOIDING THE NECK (literally made my skin feel like leather in Death Valley), hide my green swamp creature face, then just run warm water over my face in the shower for a few minutes before I start to gently rub off the mask. Your face will most likely be red afterwords, but should subside in about 30-40 minutes. I like to use CeraVe PM Moisturizer following.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No