December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lilexibabe92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never thought oatmeal could help my acne so much and make my face so smooth. It truly is amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by paigeallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So after hearing all of the awesome reviews on using plain ol' oatmeal for my skin, I decided to give it a go!
I have very very sensitive skin, in which I've totally ruined due to cheap products that make me break out and make my skin red.
I switched to Olay Foaming Face wash for Sensitive Skin with Aloe and it was working pretty well for me, but I haven't been seeing the glow in my skin that I should have.
I've been searching high and low for a product to soothe my skin, and then saw everyone saying these oatmeal/yogurt/honey/sugar/aspirin masks are just great, so I was like, oh what the hell! And went to the store and got some.

Today - I decided to take the oatmeal and crush it and wash my face with it and my skin felt so soft! Afterwards, I made a VERY think mask and applied it to my face. My skin is glowing! I looked at myself and thought I was wearing makeup!

I saw the post about using a coffee grinder and using it as powder - I really want to try it!

I'll update when I have a full regimen! :D

UPDATE Aug 2012: Still using oatmeal all the time in my regime! Still haven't figured out a perfect way to fit it in, but every now and then I use it. It's super moisturizing!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

i'm being really HONEST!

this was the BEST mask EVER. i have tried so many product. (from department store)
definetely THIS BEATS EVERY PRODUCT out there.
why didn't i know this before??

it is amazing. i totally didn't expect that it would be this much excellent. no chemical, pure organic.
my skin is refined and brighter than before.

INSTRUCTION: oatmean + little amount of water + honey mixing => grind slightly , then put on the face , within only 10 min, it delivers result!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

Once looking at the amazing reviews for this, i just had to try. I decided i would use this once a day for a week to see if i would have any major differences to my combination-dry skin. First use i blended up 2 cups of oatmeal to stor and mixed one tablespoon in with 1 tablespoon of milk. then i warmed it to make smooth and washed my face with warm water. i smeared it on (very messily) and waited almost 45 minutes till very dry. Then i rubbed of with warm cloth and reaplied oatmeal- this time i massaged it in for 2 minutes to exfoliate then rinsed. When i dried my face i had so so so so so so so soft skin that was visibly smoother and more even, less red and pimples to! After doing this for a week i can now tell you i have much smoother, clearer skin and i will never leave this hg mask/exfoliant. I buy organic oats and sometimes mash in banana or honey. Absolutely love it! definately a keeper.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Starfie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lately I've been trying to simplify my life and in extension my skincare regime. MUA has helped a lot with finding items that are natural, organic, and not only makes you beautiful in the inside through ingestion but on the outside as well. So far my favorite addition is the oatmeal. I use it as a daily exfoliate and it has replaced my 30$ a bottle Shesiedo cleanser. Since using it my skin is noticeably more even in tone and smoother. It's not rocket science, the act of buffing you skin regularly gets rid of the dead cells on the surface of your face therefore what you're seeing is new baby skin. What makes oatmeal great is it's really calming and mild (and cheap!). I can't imagine anyone breaking out from it. And for less than 2$ a pound for organic you really cant go wrong. Makes for a great and healthy breakfast as well.

It's important to grind up the oatmeal to a fine powder so that it absorbs better and is just more manageable to use. I keep it in a small airtight container next to the sink. Take about a tablespoon in your hand and just add water. I like it thicker when I'm feeling for a more exfoliating experience and when I want it as a moisturizing clean I add more water.

I really do feel like it has improved my skin greatly. I never had terrible skin to begin with but just for the fact that I've refrained from using harsh chemicals and such, my skin is just more consistently good and I feel a lot better.

The only reason I didn't give it a five rating is it's a little inconvenient. It's difficult to wash away all the little grains completely and when I get it in my hair it looks as if I have a huge dandruff problem. Maybe I have to grind it up more or be careful with it near the hairline. I make sure to wash my face right before a shower in the morning or right before going to bed for the night, which isn't a huge deal and I guess many of you do that already anyways.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ALstylist

I use this as a facial mask mixed with a variety of fruits. If mixture is too dry, add a little honey. I have used without grinding into an almost powder form. It is difficult to keep on face and slightly messy but still works. Therefore I would recommend grinding into fine texture for easier application. Good for your skin and helps with oil absorption

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by iheartny_dk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After discovering this oatmeal mask with a 100% satisfaction rate (!?), I decided to try it for myself. I have annoyingly sensitive skin that reacts to pretty much everything! And for the past 6 months, I've been struggling with nasty stubborn hormonal zits that just can't be beat down and leave ugly permanent scars on my face.:-( So I had really high hopes for this mask. I mixed the oatmeal with just water and honey to use as few ingredients as possible and left it on my face for about 30 minutes. As soon as I washed it off, I had gotten a brand new zit!? I thought that the mask might have just drawn out an impurity that was already about to come out, so I tried the mask again the next day. After having tried the mask 2x2 days in a row, I'm sad to say that it doesn't work for me!:-( Everytime I wash it off, I'm left with more zits than before I put it on. I guess I'm the only one with skin that can't handle it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How can I not agree with almost everyone else, this is simply amazing. It leave the skin so soft and lovely.
I personally like to experiment with masks and never use one over and over, but this is a keeper. Imix a bit of honey with the water and apply it to my face, as honey is a natural antibacterial.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Sagowska

Wow, I was actually very surprised to find a review of my favorite home-made mask here! I have no idea where I read about this mask for the first time, but I have been a devoted follower ever since and it really does wonders for my skin! I am extremely pale but luckily I have been blessed with pretty nice skin. My skin is normal and after using this mask it literally glows, so I put it on twice a week, because I just love how my skin looks and feels afterwards. First I mix some oatmeal with flaxseeds in a blender, but I stop before the mixture turns to very fine powder. Then I put 2 Tbsp of the mixture in a small bowl and add some hot water to it, so that oatmeal starts to expand a bit and the mask becomes sticky.I cover the bowl with a plate. In the meantime, when the mask cools down, I take kitchen towels (2 sheets without tearing them apart) and cut holes for my eyes, nose and mouth. When the mask has cooled down to room temperature I add a couple of drops of olive oil and mix it well together. Then I put a thick layer of the mask on my face and cover with the kitchen towel mask. It sounds like a lot of effort, but trust me - it's well worth it and after 20-25 minutes the mask comes-off like a dream, thanks to the kitchen towels. I then wash my face and remove rest of oatmeal from my face, moisturize and I can tell my skin is very happy!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A MUA friend turned me onto using oatmeal as a mask. First off, I have extremely pale, super sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin with subtype 2 Rosacea that reacts from almost EVERYTHING. I've tried more masks than I can recall, the aspirin mask, organic raw honey mask, milk mask, greek yogurt mask, bentonite clay mask, french green clay mask, dead sea salt mask... and the list just goes on and on, along with store-bought products... This is the only mask I've found that I can use as much as I want and leave on as long as I feel like! It never fails to calm my skin when it's acting super sensitive or when it's breaking out. When I first started, I would mix a little with some organic honey for extra "oomph", but it actually works fantastically all by itself! I pour a bit into my palm and add enough water to make a watery mask. I used to make a thick mask that was difficult to wash off, but it works just as well even if you use a thin layer (and easier to wash off too!). I buy Aveeno 100% colloidal oatmeal, available at Wal-mart. It's very cheap and lasts forever. I've been using it for nearly a month now and haven't used even 25% of it yet. I've also tried to use it as a face powder, but it's too heavy and drying for that purpose. Will never be without this amazing product!

UPDATE: 12/19/12
My skin now rejects oatmeal with a vengeance. Whenever I use it, my skin becomes severely inflamed and breaks out in hives. I guess I've developed an allergy to it, which I just can't understand. It seems to calm my skin for a moment and a few minutes later, I have red spots all over my face, which then evolves into severely oily and congested skin for days on end. Again, I don't understand why this happened, but I guess oatmeal can be a major allergen for some people and I *am* very allergy-prone. So, another product bites the dust. =(

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No