April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - 309B Sheer Red

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:51:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color is a fine, passable lipstick and certainly not a waste of a dollar (actually, .94 at Target). It's creamy and not dry or pasty like some super discount lipsticks, nice texture. I don't like the scent, which is strong, and I hate the packaging (I am against the clear-top thing, and have an aversion to Shu lipsticks becasue if it, so its not the price) I am a pale, slightly cool, freckled etc, dark auburn hair... this is a neutral, frankly boring red in my book, and not in the least sheer. That's my big complaint: NOT sheer; opaque. Overall: Good, fine, nothing to write home about lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

This is a wonderful lipstick for CAD$1.99! It's moisturizing, long-lasting (seriously!), and applies smoothly. The colour is a neutral red, neither orange/brown nor fuchsia/blue, and is pretty on my NC30-35 skintone. It's red without being garish or too bright. It's also very easy to layer for a lighter or deeper red. This lipstick does have a faint fruity scent, but I can't really smell it once it's on. The only thing I dislike is the packaging (you have to be careful not to smoosh the top of the lipstick when removing and replacing the cap), but for this price, it's very difficult to complain. Thanks to the MUA ladies for recommending yet another great bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2006 5:56:00 PM More reviews by actionsport

i love NYC'S lipsticks. this shade is great for a demure, fresh, daytime, glossy lip. i'm nc35-42, and on me it turns out just like the name-- a sheer non-blue red (not sure if it looks totally neutral on me-- looks slightly peachy-red, but not a problem, since it's still flattering). it's easy to apply, and there's no need for precision because of the sheer, glossy formula. pair this shade with a dewy complexion (easily achievable by misting/daubing your face with a rosewater-glycerin solution (1:2), and you'll look like youth incarnate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by peachyrose

I bought this and Retro Red. I wasn't expecting much but bought them to test out what kinds of reds would work with my coloring before buying high end red lipsticks. I'm a neutral to warm PPP with brown hair and eyes, many reds are too blue and look a little off or too loud against my pale skin. Sheer red is just perfect though. It's a dark red with brown undertones that goes well with my warm undertones and the perfect medium between sheer and matte, it's creamy and glossy. It's not a really glam red, it's definitely red but a little more natural and sweet looking than a truly glamorous red like say, Mac Ruby Woo. However, that's better for me because it means i can wear it during the day and not feel too self-conscious. Altogether, a great buy and a must for any red lipstick newbies like me =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferla32

Bought this after reading all the reviews (of course!) and really am impressed with NYC lipstick! The read is a great red, but not quite the glamourous color I was looking for. Has a hint of brown to it, but does not turn blue or fuschia. I will wear this one during the day. Color lasts awhile and the texture is good. Paid $.88 and would totally buy it again! Also purchased the NYC Retro Red and that is a REDder red. Seems to stay true, but a tad bit bright. Still a must-buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Seonagh

I am not sure how often I'm going to wear this one but I have always wanted to find a perfect true red lipstick. This one is just amazinge and I got it for 1.76 cnd!!! It is creamy and smooth with nice coverage and a great color. It looks great with my skin. Although they have a retro red colour as well this color looks very retro 1940's red on me. I'm getting bolder about my lipsticks these days and finding great shades like this will help keep that going. I just love that I didn't have to be afraid to buy it since it is so cheap. I took on lippie off because of the ultra cheap packaging but I'm not really complaining since I'd rather pay less and get good quality lipstick. For anyone who has been thinking the reviews of this lippie are too good to be true, go out and spend the 1.76 and give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I really like N.Y.C lipsticks! I always just passed them up, but I really love them now. I like how you can see through the cap. This is a very nice red color, that looks great on my PPP skin. And it's only a $1!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 11:39:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This is a good red on my NC30 skin! It's a true, pure red with no fushia or orange undertones. This is definitely a glossy lipstick, so if you're looking for a matte red this ain't it! As for the intensity of the color, it's a cross between an opaque lipstick and a stain. It's not really sheer as the packaging states, but it's not as "in-your-face" overpowering as most reds are. Hope that description helps you out!=0) Now, the packaging: My only beef is that I wish the cap would stay on the tube a little better. But I do like how I can see the color through the cap! Still, I definitely wouldn't mind buying this in other colors! A suprisingly good lippie for a buck!! Oh, one more thing: This lipstick does have a slight fragrance to it (a sweet floral), so if you don't like lippies that have any smell to them you might want to try something else. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by oldone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Crappy packaging, but a great product for $.97! Nice sheer red that is good if you want a red color, but not a matte uber-red shade. I found it to be moisturizing. And, if you don not like you are only out a dollar. Got mine at Target. Will be getting a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by gromitndl

this is a wonderful l/s. it's universally flattering and it's nice and sheer. not over the top. very pretty.