New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

This is like a sheer version of MAC Rage, without the shimmer. Sheer Red is a smidge pinker, but it's a very similar basic colour. This is the first drugstore red I've found that doesn't turn neon fuchsia on me, so I'm impressed. Texture is kind of wet, so blotting is necessary. It smells rather like a raspberry LipSmacker -- kind of amusing to me, very junior high. And yeah, the packaging sucks. It's good for the price but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/15/2007 8:20:00 PM

MAC NW20, brunette, dark eyes, pink undertones and warm freckles. THe packaging is what you would expect from a cheap lipstick, but it fulfils its prupose :) The texture is slightly slippery (as in it glides off my lips easily) but if you apply twice and blot inbetween that problem is solved. The color is actually a truly neutral wearable red. A nice staple red l/s that you can easily pull of for any occasion

on 3/13/2007 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for the perfect red lipstick and this one comes close (warm-toned medium tan Asian who also looks good in berries and wines). This is like the name says, a sheer color. It's got a nice little shine to it. The good thing about it being a little sheer is that you can alter the shade of red with your lipliner. I paired it with Wet n' Wild #666 and it made the shade a little darker and a more matte (with a little itty bit hint of shine) look. It also has a nice cherry smell to it. The container isn't that great because you can't twist the lipstick all the way down, but that's nothing compared to the price...94 cents at Target.

lovely. semi-sheer deep, neutral red. slight lipsticky-ness, moist, creamy, and lasts well. no scent. cool PPP, brown hair and eyes.

Ooooh yeah. Why did it take me so long to try this? The perfect red lipstick...for 97 cents! This is a sheer neutral red that is very flattering on my fair skin. If you blot it, it leaves the loveliest stain; remindes me of the kind of color you would see on Liv Tyler. The only drawback is the strong lipstick-y smell. But for the price and color I am willing to overlook that. *EDIT* Ok, I won't be buying this again, or any N.Y.C. products. I am trying to buy animal friendly products. This is still a great product, but I just won't repurchace.

I was pleasantly surprised with this lipstick. It's a very sheer almonst berry color on my lips, and not at all gharish. A perfect daytime red, it reminds me of Clinique Black Honey. The texture is smooth and sheer, and the taste is not the least bit offensive. Not a bad lipstick for under $2.

on 1/23/2007 1:40:00 AM

I agree with all the raves here. The pkging is terrible but for .99 you really have no right to complain. They could sell this on a stick and I would buy it, I like it that much. No funny taste, very moist, gorgeous color. I'm an NW20 and a lot of reds go fuschia on me but not this one. The texture reminds me of Vincent Longo's lip stains. Honestly, this is probably the best sheer lipstick available at a drugstore besides milani sheer lipsticks. Great price, great colors in general, a winner!

on 1/14/2007 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I didn't want to splurge on a red lipstick because I don't really wear reds that much, and I needed a red l/s for my Halloween costume so last minute I grabbed this from a local Rite-Aid. To my surprise, I randomly picked a pretty decent color that's sheer but can be layered. It does feather out, so I make sure to wear a l/l underneath. At $0.99 the price can't be beat. My only gripes are 1) it makes my teeth look slightly yellow; 2) you can't twist the l/s all the way down (design flaw); and 3) the packaging is cheap, but what do you expect for 99 cents???! Has a faint raspberry smell to it. I'd definitely recommend this to those who are iffy about the red l/s thing.

on 1/13/2007 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I searched for years and years for the perfect red and this is it. Not too blue, not too brown, just sheer and soft and totally gorgeous. It's less than a buck so I have several backup tubes in a drawer. As with all NYC lipsticks, the bullet doesn't twist all the way down so that can be a problem, so I smushed 3 sticks into a small pot with a hinged, mirrored lid to keep in my purse if I ever want to throw on some red lipstick just for fun, I just use my finger or swirl a Q-tip into it. The only problem is that it's so sheer you have to do a couple of layers if you want a real red lip, but it's so inexpensive that it doesn't even matter if you go through it quicker than most lipsticks.

on 12/28/2006 11:42:00 AM

GREAT color for my nc20 bro/bro features/complexion! At first I was a bit hesitant to buy an inexpensive lippie. I am a self-admitted l/s snob and only buy h/e products thinking they're better than d/s brands. I couldn't be more wrong. I was searching and searching for a great red lippie that wouldn't make me look like Bozo the Clown. I searched high and low at NM, Nords, Saks, etc and only seemed to find one at the Cle de Peau counter but still wanted something a little different. I kept hearing all the raves about Sheer Red so decided to splurge a whole dollar and get this. At Ulta, they had a buy one get one free deal anyway so I figured what the heck. I loooove the color on my lips and it compliments my skintone. It's very creamy and moisturizing and hasn't bled on me thus far. I loathe the packaging and wish they would change it. The l/s bullet doesn't twist down so you might scrape it against the cap. Can't stand clear caps too!! Ugh! I hope they'll change but hey, it's .99 cents so I guess I can't complain that much. Could possibly be my HG red along w/ my CdP l/s in #17. I definitely recommend.

Recommended for Medium Skin