January 25, 2015 | 1998 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Clarisonic does as promises.
My skin is clearer, softer, more radiant. I do find that my treatments (esp Retin. A) seem to work a lot better if I cleanse with my device before hand.

However, I do think that it is over priced. The same effects can be achieved using a gentle skin brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cvalencia817

I love the exfoliation! Don't know what I did without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been debating about buying this for a couple of years now, the price was what made me so iffy, 200 bucks is alot to pay for a facebrush. But I made the leap and let me say that this is amazing, my skin has never looked better. I think the pores on my nose are actually shrinking, the tone is evening out, I had a little incident with purging but it was nothing really big. I also love to use the body brush once or twice a week to exfoliate my body. Makes your skin feel soo smooth and silky. I also use it on my hubby, he likes it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

Works well for the first few weeks, however if you have acne-prone skin this will transfer bacteria from one part of your face to another, leading your face to breakout in areas it normally wouldn't. This might happen no matter how well you clean your brush.

I use clean and clear facewash (the one with triclosan) as a makeup remover. I follow with the clarisonic, however there is never any makeup or residue on the clarisonic brush -- the facewash is super strong and sufficient on its own.

and the price. ugh. what a waste of money. there are SO MANY acceptable alternatives to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very expensive but well worth it! I had awful clogged pores on my cheeks and after like one week my face was smooth and continues to be to this day. This is probably one of the best things I've ever bought for myself... don't think I would have to buy it again but wouldn't think twice if I had to. I LOVE THIS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A general rule to follow with the Clarisonic is to make sure you change the brush often and to put the cap on. Once the brush is over used (between a month to two) the Clarisonic isn't able to penetrate the way it's suppose to. A lot of users make this mistake by not using the cap and so the bristles get damaged which make the brush not work/penetrate the way it is made to. I've been using the Clarisonic since late January and I've seen visible results, especially in the serums and moisturizers I use. I also used to not care about the way I handled the brush, but after doing some research I see the big impact it has on it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by rallu

I bought this a few years ago and gave me big ugly pimples. Stored it away and forgot about it. I've read some reviews and noticed that I wasn't the only one going through that purging faze. I was never in the mood to use it and go through the same thing again until 4-5 months ago. The second time I started using it the pimples were not so ugly and big and my face got better and better. My pores got a lot cleaner and smaller. I rarely get a pimple now. I started with the sensitive brush and now I use the normal one. I use this brush every day now and love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by nabz

Am I the only one that this does not work on? It sure does feel like it amidst all these glowing reviews. Bummer. Clarisonic absolutely destroyed my relatively clear skin (albeit the odd hormonal breakout). I got this in January and thought nothing of it when I started to get odd cystic pimples in areas that I would not normally break out on. After all many reviews DID say you would have to go through an initial period where all the gunk comes forth. So i tolerated it. The Clarisonic customer service on twitter (which has been great by the way! thank you!) said to give it 3 weeks before seeing any improvements. I gave this about 6 weeks, going in and out of getting cystic pimples and tolerating small minor breakouts on my forehead. Mid Feb I went to see my regular dermo who tried to hide her shock when she said "what happened to you??". So yeap, that pretty sums it all up for me. I'll probably just use this with the body brush for all over exfoliation.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

Got this about a year ago and used it religiously saw improvements but then got lazy. Started using it again and my skin is looking great, My face is much smoother and I have noticed my pores are much smaller. I have also noticed that my elbows are looking much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this product for almost a year now and I still love it! I just leave mine in the shower and do it when I take showers. Keeping it in the shower makes it less messy and reminds me to do it, otherwise I can get lazy with it. I work at Ulta and when I talk with costumers about how often they use their clarisonic and a lot tell me they use it twice a day! When I was trained by the Clarisonic man he informed me it should only be used once a day and preferably at night, that way you can assure all your makeup is off. Also, when you go back to buy new brush heads, buy the sensitive brush not the normal. I know it can be kinda confusing, they should really rename them. The sensitive head is that one that come with the Clarisonic when you buy it and is suitable for 90% of the people that use it. The normal brush head is usually for men and is a lot more abrasive. A coworker of mine wanted to step up to the normal one because she thought her skin could handle it and she told me it was way to rough and hurt her face, she could not use it!

The Clarisonic helps with my acne, so if you looking for that it can definitely help. I would warn, machines like this can sometimes cause people to break out before it gets better, so give it some time before you give up on it. NEVER use a cleanser with abrasive beads in them with the Clarisonic, that would be WAY to much exfoliation for your skin and will actually cause more damage then good. If you have a cleanser like that you can use it when you dont use the Clarisonic but please not with it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No