April 17, 2014 | 977 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few years ago and gave me big ugly pimples. Stored it away and forgot about it. I've read some reviews and noticed that I wasn't the only one going through that purging faze. I was never in the mood to use it and go through the same thing again until 4-5 months ago. The second time I started using it the pimples were not so ugly and big and my face got better and better. My pores got a lot cleaner and smaller. I rarely get a pimple now. I started with the sensitive brush and now I use the normal one. I use this brush every day now and love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by nabz

Am I the only one that this does not work on? It sure does feel like it amidst all these glowing reviews. Bummer. Clarisonic absolutely destroyed my relatively clear skin (albeit the odd hormonal breakout). I got this in January and thought nothing of it when I started to get odd cystic pimples in areas that I would not normally break out on. After all many reviews DID say you would have to go through an initial period where all the gunk comes forth. So i tolerated it. The Clarisonic customer service on twitter (which has been great by the way! thank you!) said to give it 3 weeks before seeing any improvements. I gave this about 6 weeks, going in and out of getting cystic pimples and tolerating small minor breakouts on my forehead. Mid Feb I went to see my regular dermo who tried to hide her shock when she said "what happened to you??". So yeap, that pretty sums it all up for me. I'll probably just use this with the body brush for all over exfoliation.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

Got this about a year ago and used it religiously saw improvements but then got lazy. Started using it again and my skin is looking great, My face is much smoother and I have noticed my pores are much smaller. I have also noticed that my elbows are looking much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this product for almost a year now and I still love it! I just leave mine in the shower and do it when I take showers. Keeping it in the shower makes it less messy and reminds me to do it, otherwise I can get lazy with it. I work at Ulta and when I talk with costumers about how often they use their clarisonic and a lot tell me they use it twice a day! When I was trained by the Clarisonic man he informed me it should only be used once a day and preferably at night, that way you can assure all your makeup is off. Also, when you go back to buy new brush heads, buy the sensitive brush not the normal. I know it can be kinda confusing, they should really rename them. The sensitive head is that one that come with the Clarisonic when you buy it and is suitable for 90% of the people that use it. The normal brush head is usually for men and is a lot more abrasive. A coworker of mine wanted to step up to the normal one because she thought her skin could handle it and she told me it was way to rough and hurt her face, she could not use it!

The Clarisonic helps with my acne, so if you looking for that it can definitely help. I would warn, machines like this can sometimes cause people to break out before it gets better, so give it some time before you give up on it. NEVER use a cleanser with abrasive beads in them with the Clarisonic, that would be WAY to much exfoliation for your skin and will actually cause more damage then good. If you have a cleanser like that you can use it when you dont use the Clarisonic but please not with it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by CurleeGurlee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using my pink clarisonic pro for about two weeks now. I got mine through my sister-in-law who works at a dermatologists office. She was able to get it for me at half the retail price. After reading all the wonderful reviews on here and hearing my SIL rave about it, it was a no-brainer...I HAD to try it!

I was a little worried about the "purging" other reviewers had talked about. I was on Accutane about 3 and a half years ago and even the smallest breakouts are pretty defeating after going through that! Accutane left my skin very clear but it was an intense process! If you've been on Accutane you know what I mean!
I digress...

I'm happy to report that I have not experienced any purging thus far. :)
I am however, experiencing very clear, smooth skin! Yay! My husband has commented on how soft my skin feels and my sister has also noticed a difference in my skin. Now she wants a clarisonic of her own. :)

I use my clarisonic twice a day on the third speed setting (the fourth was a little much) for one minute each time. I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser with it. That is the cleanser I was using prior to starting the clarisonic so I know it's the clarisonic making the difference in my skin and not a change in cleanser. I make sure to remove my makeup prior to using the clarisonic. Even after removing my makeup the clarisonic gets even MORE makeup off my face! (kinda gross to think about what I've been missing all these years!) My face feels SO clean...not a clean I've ever felt by just hand washing my face. I feel like the clarisonic helps my moisturizer and other products sink in better. I also notice that my makeup looks better (fresh, smoother application) when I apply it after using the clarisonic.

Would I have purchased the clarisonic pro if I had to pay full retail price?: Not sure. I have been wanting this tool for quite some time now. I may not have gone straight for the pro but I would have definitely considered the mia. (SO glad I was able to get the pro though!)

Would I buy it again? : YES! Since it is not necessarily a product that I will run out of I don't think I will have to repurchase it anytime soon though.

Would I buy it again at full retail price?: If I didn't have the option to buy at a discounted rate, YES! I can't imagine washing my face without the clarisonic now!

Would I recommend to a friend?: Yes! And to anyone else that has a passion for taking good care of their skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cmesteras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the results I have received so far. Although, I don't use it everyday. I am concerned about the capillary complaints. I use it according to the directions, no longer than the one minute time most of the time. So I am wondering if people that have this concern are using it longer and on higher speeds to get the damage they are talking about. They never seem to mention that part. I have seen a difference in my pores and I don't brake out as much anymore. I am not sure that I would spend so much money again considering the complaints I have read. I do think it has a great deal to do with the type of cleanser and moisturizers you are using in conjunction with the Clarisonic brush. I will keep watching to see if more people say they are having damage done to their face from the Clarisonic Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't think twice before spending $200 on a new cell phone. But on a face brush? I mean, that's insane, isn't it?

Well, apparently it's not, because a lot of people seem to endorse the Clarisonic. When I received mine a little over 2 months ago, I quickly realized why. I never thought I would actually buy into the fad, but after all the rave reviews, and a stubborn blackhead that just would not go away, I figured, why not? There was a money-back guarantee anyway.

The first few times I used the Clarisonic, I used it for the full minute on 'low', paying heed to change the area after each beep. I have sensitive skin and figured I should try it on the 'low' setting first. My skin felt very clean, but I couldn't really tell if it was helping my skin at all. After the first few days, I started feeling like the Clarisonic was a little irritating to my cheeks, so I cut the time of use down to 30-40 seconds. That is what I still do now, and I find that is the optimal amount of time.

About 4 days after I started using the Clarisonic, my stubborn blackhead came out! I don't know if it was just time for the blackhead to come out, but I have an inkling the Clarisonic helped shake it out. Since then, whenever I had a pimple, cleansing with the Clarisonic shrank it very quickly. I am amazed at how well the Clarisonic cleans, and I love how it feels during and after my face wash ritual.

I recently purchased an Olay Pro-X Cleansing Brush, and I believe it cleans just as well as the Clarisonic, albeit in a very different way. The Olay Pro-X cleans by spinning the brush head in circles, which the Clarisonic uses vibrations to clean. I think the Pro-X may be less irritating and may clean just as well, but I personally prefer using the Clarisonic. It just feels like a more quality product (but for very good reason - it costs 7x as much!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by awchicago

I have had mine for over a year now and think it has been great for my complexion and even fthe ine lines around my month and forehead have diminished. I do not use it everyday like when I first bought it....a washcloth works pretty well to exfoliate on most days. I wish it was not as bulky for storage. It is also a little cumbersome to travel with. Overall a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by crawls2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! Got it for a Christmas present from my mother and spending a year battling my acne. If you've ever used a Sonicare toothbrush and then go back to using a regular toothbrush, you know what this is all about. I had some purging for about the first 2-3 weeks or so, but almost 4 years later, nothing to speak of.

I think this is a must for a really effective skin care regimen but I also have to: drink tons of water, eat with some sense, wear sunscreen, etc. The one thing I feel certain about is that I give my skin the best chance possible to absorb all the serums, retin A, etc. that I use, thus ensuring maximum benefits.

I've never regretting purchasing this- EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought my clarisonic from QVC and since I was able to put it on value pay (3 payments) I thought why not try it out. I had read a lot of really great reviews and had been wanting to try this for over a year, but wasnt thrilled about the high price tag. I finally decided to just get it. I have been using this for a little over a month now and although I haven't noticed any outrageous results, I do like the way it cleans my face. When I first started using this I was using it morning and night and found that it was drying out my face a little so I only use it at night now just as a way to better clean all the days dirt and makeup off before I go to sleep and I have found that this works great. I did have a little bit of purging the first week and I almost quit using it because of this. I was getting pimples on places I never get them like on my cheeks and stuff. But I hung in there and I am glad I did. I mainly wanted this just to get rid of my clogged pores/blackheads, and like I said I haven't noticed a really major improvement with that, I do notice that my pores and blackheads are a lot smaller and less visible after I use this at night but the next day as I put on makeup and go throughout the day they go back. So I guess that sucks, but that is partly my fault for putting makeup and other crap on my face I guess. So overall this product will CLEAN your face amazingly and it is really gentle. I thought the brush would be a little harsh for my sensitive skin but I am using the normal brush and it hasn't irritated my skin at all. I didnt use any of the cleanser that came with the brush out of fear that they would break me out/irritate my skin, so I have been using my neutrogena anti-blemish anti wrinkle foaming cleanser and it works perficet. Overall really great product just dont expect this product to make your skin perfect because it wont but it will definitley clean your skin better than anything else.