Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 12/14/2007 2:49:00 PM

I love this mascara. I use the black-brown for everyday wear and the black for evening or for theatre underneath my fakies. :) It think it's one of the best mascaras out there.

on 12/9/2007 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this mascara. I buy it on eBay from a power seller Mary Kay rep ( 100% feedback ) for 1/2 price. Thank goodness! I couldn't afford to replace it every two months at the regular price. Never had this mascara to clump, flake or dry out in the tube. I used to be a faithful Borghese mascara buyer, but can't say that these days. They, Borghese must had changed their silk formula. Making my double sad face. :-( :-(

on 12/1/2007 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got suckered into this at a damn makeup party while trying to get to know my new neighbor. So im not a fan of mary kay in general. This mascara is very average, no frills. I have long lashes to begin with but they can't be long enough for my taste. I didn't like the brush, and it dried out kinda quick.

on 11/18/2007 6:01:00 PM

I never bought this because Mary Kay is not such brand that is easily reached in Norway or Finland where I come from. I received it in a swap. This performs far better than any other high end mascara I have used. I am especially in love with the true, rich black stunning color this delivers and the color stays on like that all day. Most of mascaras look fine on the morning, but are usually not as rich in color as this one, with most mascaras the color has faded in the evening and my lashes look just taupe or grey. Also this really seems to lift my lashes. it does not weigh them down at all and the brush reaches all my lashes too. This mascara was an unexpected treasure, I just wish MK would be easier to get hold on in my country.

on 11/6/2007 3:37:00 PM

I love this mascara. goes on clean and no smudging. it def. elongates my lashes. it is expensive tho and other mascara's out there that achieve the same things.

on 10/4/2007 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is pretty average mascara. I would rate it higher other than the fact that it is wayyyyy too expensive for what it does. I'd have to recommend finding a cheaper one. You can find a $2 mascara of this quality.

on 9/8/2007 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I liked this mascara very much. I have long eyelashes that are fairly thick but I like mascara still to build length and greater thickness and this did the job. Actually, it is the only mascara I have ever used that two people thought I was wearing false eyelashes! I will purchase again and actually will buy a couple of tubes for my friends who have asked about the mascara I was wearing.

on 7/26/2007 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I resist mail order makeup as a general rule, but in a pinch I needed mascara. A girl at work sells Mary Kay, so I asked her what mary Kay had, and how soon she could get it for me.
The next day she brought it in, and I was amazed with the quality of the product. I have had problems finding mascara at the drugstore that didn't flake, cake, and yuckify my eyelashes. This stuff goes on super smooth, doesn't clump, and looks natural. I really love this stuff.
I use the black/brown shade, and have had it for about two months now with no drying or deterioration of the product. Impressed.

on 6/21/2007 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this because of all the good reviews I read everywhere. But it's absolutely horrible! It did nothing but weigh down my lashes & slightly made them clump. I do NOT recommend this product

on 6/19/2007 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm picky about mascara but I just bought this again. It is a good daytime mascara: it doesn't clump for me, it doesn't run, it doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge. It gives me medium-size eyelashes which I can increase with a second coat. If you're looking for something that will give you nightclub eyes then keep looking, but I like this because it gives me a good look without the usual problems I get with other mascaras. I replace my mascara every three months and this hasn't dried out, although it isn't as effective as it was at the start, but that's true with any mascara. It's about the same price as department store mascaras but more expensive than drug store mascaras.