September 21, 2014 | 1610 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by boscardin

This is an awesome bronze/brown color. It also applies very easily and you don't need much to make a dramatic effect. It's smooth and glides on nicely (depending on your brush of course).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smog is a beautiful dark burnished bronze color. It is a very versatile color, you could combine it with a variety of other colors such as golds, coppers, browns, greens, teals etc. You name it!

Personally I love to pair Smog with a blue/teal like Shattered.

I like the texture of all UD powder eye shadows. With the help of UDPP the lasting power is amazing! I would definitely repurchase this eye shadow. It is unique enough to justify a repurchase. Even though I have a dozen or more brown eye shadows this one is one of a kind.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lareine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this. It is very wearable for both day and night, and it really makes my blue eyes pop. Lovely texture too and very long-lasting on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading the reviews and boy and I glad. Went home and tried it out. I kept looking at my eyes in the mirror because I couldn't believe how gorgeous they looked! Will always have this on had along with Smog eyeliner. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by rhyman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this color along with Sin and they are both gorgeous! These are my first Urban Decay products and I am very impressed.

I also purchased their brown liner and it is awesome!!! I am definitely hooked and searched around to find the Ammo palette which is sold out at Sephora. Found it at beauty.com.

I have previously used Bobbi Brown and Mac, bur for now I am loving Urban Decay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the color, texture, staying power and blendability of this shadow. looks awesome on. The only bad thing is that it creases big time if you use it on your whole lid or in the crease :( too bad since it is such a nice color. I will continue to use it, but just on the outer 1/3rd of my eye as a liner and contour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I love this so much. I blend it with Clique's foxy & Revlon 12 hour color stay to create a "smoky" look. it takes me about 3 minutes and it makes my eyes pop. it is a very nice shade and I will definitely continue to buy it until they stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

i have already purchased this (after it fell on the ground :( ) i love this color and always get compliments on it-even from the girl at ulta who does my eyebrows! lol. its a lovely shimmery bronzey brown. beautiful! latina nc35 dk hair, dk brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by redhed13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very flattering eyeshadow on me. I use it alot. It is a shimmery bronzey brown. I'm a pale readhead with brown eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the fact that one of the ladies below me described this as a "hazelly" brown -- that description really hits the mark. To me Smog, is a burnished golden bronze brown (giving it the *slightest* hint of a green "hazel" tint) rather than your typical more coppery/reddish bronze. Smog is dark enough to use as eyeliner or to define the crease, but light enough to wear all-over for a smokey look. It is a very versatile shade but it doesn't set off my green hazel eyes (basically olive green) as much as more coppery bronze shades do. I am not sure how since Smog looks metallic in the pot or when used wet, but when blended over the lid it can get a very "dull" look to it. Therefore I take care to use it with brighter, more shimmery shades underneath to give it some life. Not really a big deal and is probably an easier problem to fix than trying to tone down a too-bright eye when using a more in-your-face bronze shade. Still a very versatile and highly recommended shade. The texture is wonderful -- soft like Stila eyeshadows, but not dusty. Good pigment payoff too. ** EDITED on 8/28/2007** I still think this is a beautiful, versatile color but I just can't get more than a few hours out of this eyeshadow without it creasing like crazy. Even when I use it wet as a liner it fades quite badly by mid-afternoon. I can't see myself repurchasing this since there has to be another bronzey eyeshadow out there that doesn't crease/fade like this.