October 22, 2014 | 1939 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I'd started using sweet almond oil sooner. I would have saved a bundle on more expensive products that don't come close to the benefits I get from this oil. I use sweet almond oil after a shower, sometimes mixing with a bit of body moisturizer. I also use it on my face at night and am astounded how well it moisturizes without breaking me out. I have gotten clogged pores with other products that contain silicones, but sweet almond oil not only moisturizes better than any product I've used before, it never breaks me out. My skin can be both dry and oily but since I've been using this, it's become more normal. I find that I need fewer blotting sheets throughout the day AND, I have fewer dry patches. It truly has helped normalize my skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jennifer_ca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm LOVING Sweet Almond Oil (SAO).

Over the past year I've been experimenting with both Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) & SAO as a make-up remover, cleanser & moisturizer, but felt EVOO was too thick and did not absorb well or quick enough to be a daily a.m. moisturizer. I read that SAO was lighter so I switched.

For make-up removal (mascara too) and as OCM, I use several drops of SAO and massage it around my face, then use a warm washcloth to remove. Then I use 2 drops for moisturizing my face and neck. It absorbs within a minute or two, and like the poster before, if I apply this at night I wake with plumper, more glowing skin. I have not experienced any break-out pimples from using this (monthly hormonal pimples don't count).

After reading some of the other posters comments, I decided to try 2 drops on my towel-dried hair. I noticed when blowdrying, my hair dried much faster and is styling better too. After I blow-dry, I use a hot air brush to smooth & style. I won't say that it is a miracle worker as I've only used it twice on my hair, so I can't comment on the long term effects, good or bad.

I purchased a bottle of the De La Cruz brand from CVS drugstore (see uploaded picture #2). I found it in the Hispanic health section. The price was around $3.00 US. I'm enjoying research & experiment with natural products like home-made sugar scrubs, pinch of baking soda mixed with shampoo as a clarifier, etc. Next I'd like to play around with other oils (coconut, avocado, jojoba, etc.).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tanqclaude26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil works great as a moisturizer for the body. It soaks right in and provides just the right amount of moisture without being oily. A drop of this oil also works great to defrizz hair before and after blow drying. One drop is enough for even long hair. This oil works much better on hair than jojoba oil, which I found to be too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked my Almond Oil, until I realized it was breaking me out. :( I prefer EVOO to this because it's more multi purpose since I can use it on my face as well. However, Almond Oil is a still a great oil and I like using it for removing eye makeup and in my hair. I tried using it on my lashes to help them grow but it didn't help with that. ( I already have really long lashes though and nothing helps them grow any longer ). So overall, this is a great oil, but I'm dissapointed it broke me out. If you find EVOO too heavy for you. Give almond oil a whirl! Hopefully you won't break out the way I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LilaGirl

HOLY MACKEREL! How come the world doesn't know about this?

I have used anything and everything under the sun for YEARS.

I have mild adult acne, big pores, reddish tones. And the other day, in a fit of surrender, I gave up on everything. Bye bye dermalogica. Bye bye expensive products. Bye bye clean and clear and all you inexpensive products - I'm sold on oil cleansing. Holy wow.

I started out using this and for the past two days, I can't stop staring at my skin. What's going on? My pores have shrunk, my skin is clear and glowing. I look five years younger. Ten!!

I'm combining this with a few things and experimenting, but trying to keep it as simple as possible - so I'll wash with just plain baking soda (which also exfoliates) or some ground ginger powder (which you can also use as a mask and also exfoliates) and, if I'm washing my face at night and I have makeup on, I'll use DHC cleansing oil.

Then, what I do is take a bit of Sweet Almond oil, dab it all over my face, massage it a bit, and use a *really* hot wash cloth and hold it up to my face to steam it (you can also do this in a hot shower) to get my pores open. I haven't even been wearing my MAC mineral foundation. This is wild!

Since I've always had big pores and blackheads, I also started using a bit of bentonite clay and I make a masque of it with apple cider vinegar. I'm going to do that twice a week.

Everyone should try this. I even use it under my eyes, and because it has some vitamin E oil in it, the results are truly amazing!

36 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

Good for use as a waterproof mascara remover or rub a tiny amount between your palms and smooth it through dry hair ends to control static flyaways. Can also be added before you blow dry for a mini leave-in hot oil treatment. Just be sure to use a small amount or your hair may attract dirt like a dust magnet or look greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best treatment for strong healhy nails.forget about the branded cuicle oils,nothing beats this.im a nail biter unfortunately,but i find that if i apply this twice a day my nails are so much stonger and my cuticles look healthier,discouraging me from having a nibble!
just be sure to have your hair tied back tight in case you accidently touch it and get a case of the greasies!
unfortunately i cant use this on my face due to my acne prone skin.
i have however used it on my body before i get into the shower and pat myself wth a towel for baby soft skin!
love how cheap it is!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

this oil didnt moisturize my skin very well, considering living in a colder drier climate. i put a few drops about a third of the way down my hair after washing and blow dried as normal. i have naturally straight hair that sometimes like to dry kinky or if im lucky, will dry nice and smooth. i have no idea what makes it go either way. using this oil, it made my hair very soft and more straight to begin with. blow drying with no brush and not trying to style my hair, just running my fingers through during drying. i didnt even need a finishing serum or anything along that line. it didnt make my greasy oily roots worse, once i dont add too much and keep it away from my scalp. this is great for my hair and i would recommend it to anyone with similar hair to my own. (naturally straight with some kinks, dyed but no over processed with greasy roots after a couple days of not washing)
this is also great for make up removal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I get this in jug size at Culpepers. I mix it 1:1 with Grapeseed Oil and then add 10% of the total volume Rosehip seed oil to make a wonderful body moisturiser for warm months and I add this mixture to any lotion (I like Boots Organic Baby Lotion) for winter (I just mix it in the palm of my hand before applying). I put it in my shower gel to transform it into shave gel. I don't premix the AO into them, I just mix in the palm of my hand before applying, so I can be sure it's uniform and I can vary the amount of AO depending on how my skin and hair are behaving. Another plus: the scent is very light unlike Olive Oil. It's amazingly useful and cheap, hence the jug size volume!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews here I decided that I would like to try using this oil as a body moisturizer. I actually just purchased a small bottle of this today, and I applied this to my skin for the first time tonight after showering, and so far, i think it like it! The oil has a constistency that's not very thick or too thin and is fairly easy to apply to the skin. I find that for me it takes a little bit longer than i expected for the oil to absorb into my skin, so i think i will probably apply this only in the evening/at night. My skin does feel very soft, but it is still slightly oily feeling. I'm excited to have this though, and i hope that i will be able to include it into my skin care routine without just forgetting about it or getting lazy about it :P. I am also happy that I will be able to use this as a carrier oil when experimenting with essential oils too! I will definitely update if anything changes.