December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MissSayuri

I bought the Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil when i read the reviews on MUA.

I was really skeptical to use the oil on my face especially when i've never really used any oils before. Using my previous skin regimen i would usually have clear skin but with massive dry, peeling patches around my cheeks and lips.

Once using Sweet Almond Oil my skin is nourished all over! I no longer have dry patches and my co-worker says my skin is dewy looking.

The only advice i have is that its a bit tricky to get just one drop and that's all i pretty much needed. Sometimes i mix it up with a little bit of facial lotion to distribute it nicely. The best is to massage it thoroughly onto face after a hot shower when the pores are open.

The aura cacia bottle packging is awesome because it has a rubber top dispenser that neatly dispenses drops instead of having it leak out down the side. The other thing is that my hands get a bit oily after application so i wash my hands before i touch other objects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

By far, my favorite facial oil (along with camellia). Both are incredibly soothing and moisturizing w/o being heavy. When I switched from RAM to TAZ, my skin needed pampering & moisture. I break out terribly with any silicones! So cold-pressed oils have been a staple in my routine for years. I rotate sweet almond or EVOO for oil cleansing method. Makes an awesome nightly serum (mixed with facial spray or toner). It's also great for soothing rough cuticles. Look for cold-pressed, UNrefined & organic. Also look for vitamin E on the ingredient list, it helps to keep the oil from oxidising as quickly. Shelf life should be approx 1 year max. I recommend Heritage Products.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I tell ya, Whole Foods has become THE place to shop for face/body/hair care products. Sweet Almond Oil is so hydrating and nourshing. Just add a drop to all your favorite (and not so favorite) products, including hair, and watch wonders work. After you have applied your make up for the day, add a drop to palm of hands (teensy bit!) and pat gently into your face. Talk about glow! Make sure you purchased PURE Sweet Amond Oil. Read the label, as some have fillers. Like I've been saying here at MUA, more $$$$ for the fun stuff. I always believed pure, natural ingredients works best on face, body and hair. Luv it. This and Jojoba Oil are right up front of my stash. They have both earned their place. Bravo!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by magicBUS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is hands down the best facial moisturizer i have ever used. one of the best things about this is it is dirt cheap. i got a bottle for about 8 bucks for 16oz. i usually mix the oil with a couple drops of a lavender and tea tree oil blend. this makes my pores look tiny and keeps my skin clear, luminous, and moisturized. (and my skin is really prone to mild acne. so far, this in conjunction with a good diet, has cleared my skin and i have tried EVERYTHING, chemical and natural) i highly recommend this to all skin types. it seems counter intuitive that an oil would keep your pores clear and luminous but this does! try this now it'll save you a lot of time and money :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I'd started using sweet almond oil sooner. I would have saved a bundle on more expensive products that don't come close to the benefits I get from this oil. I use sweet almond oil after a shower, sometimes mixing with a bit of body moisturizer. I also use it on my face at night and am astounded how well it moisturizes without breaking me out. I have gotten clogged pores with other products that contain silicones, but sweet almond oil not only moisturizes better than any product I've used before, it never breaks me out. My skin can be both dry and oily but since I've been using this, it's become more normal. I find that I need fewer blotting sheets throughout the day AND, I have fewer dry patches. It truly has helped normalize my skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jennifer_ca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm LOVING Sweet Almond Oil (SAO).

Over the past year I've been experimenting with both Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) & SAO as a make-up remover, cleanser & moisturizer, but felt EVOO was too thick and did not absorb well or quick enough to be a daily a.m. moisturizer. I read that SAO was lighter so I switched.

For make-up removal (mascara too) and as OCM, I use several drops of SAO and massage it around my face, then use a warm washcloth to remove. Then I use 2 drops for moisturizing my face and neck. It absorbs within a minute or two, and like the poster before, if I apply this at night I wake with plumper, more glowing skin. I have not experienced any break-out pimples from using this (monthly hormonal pimples don't count).

After reading some of the other posters comments, I decided to try 2 drops on my towel-dried hair. I noticed when blowdrying, my hair dried much faster and is styling better too. After I blow-dry, I use a hot air brush to smooth & style. I won't say that it is a miracle worker as I've only used it twice on my hair, so I can't comment on the long term effects, good or bad.

I purchased a bottle of the De La Cruz brand from CVS drugstore (see uploaded picture #2). I found it in the Hispanic health section. The price was around $3.00 US. I'm enjoying research & experiment with natural products like home-made sugar scrubs, pinch of baking soda mixed with shampoo as a clarifier, etc. Next I'd like to play around with other oils (coconut, avocado, jojoba, etc.).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tanqclaude26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil works great as a moisturizer for the body. It soaks right in and provides just the right amount of moisture without being oily. A drop of this oil also works great to defrizz hair before and after blow drying. One drop is enough for even long hair. This oil works much better on hair than jojoba oil, which I found to be too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked my Almond Oil, until I realized it was breaking me out. :( I prefer EVOO to this because it's more multi purpose since I can use it on my face as well. However, Almond Oil is a still a great oil and I like using it for removing eye makeup and in my hair. I tried using it on my lashes to help them grow but it didn't help with that. ( I already have really long lashes though and nothing helps them grow any longer ). So overall, this is a great oil, but I'm dissapointed it broke me out. If you find EVOO too heavy for you. Give almond oil a whirl! Hopefully you won't break out the way I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LilaGirl

HOLY MACKEREL! How come the world doesn't know about this?

I have used anything and everything under the sun for YEARS.

I have mild adult acne, big pores, reddish tones. And the other day, in a fit of surrender, I gave up on everything. Bye bye dermalogica. Bye bye expensive products. Bye bye clean and clear and all you inexpensive products - I'm sold on oil cleansing. Holy wow.

I started out using this and for the past two days, I can't stop staring at my skin. What's going on? My pores have shrunk, my skin is clear and glowing. I look five years younger. Ten!!

I'm combining this with a few things and experimenting, but trying to keep it as simple as possible - so I'll wash with just plain baking soda (which also exfoliates) or some ground ginger powder (which you can also use as a mask and also exfoliates) and, if I'm washing my face at night and I have makeup on, I'll use DHC cleansing oil.

Then, what I do is take a bit of Sweet Almond oil, dab it all over my face, massage it a bit, and use a *really* hot wash cloth and hold it up to my face to steam it (you can also do this in a hot shower) to get my pores open. I haven't even been wearing my MAC mineral foundation. This is wild!

Since I've always had big pores and blackheads, I also started using a bit of bentonite clay and I make a masque of it with apple cider vinegar. I'm going to do that twice a week.

Everyone should try this. I even use it under my eyes, and because it has some vitamin E oil in it, the results are truly amazing!

37 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

Good for use as a waterproof mascara remover or rub a tiny amount between your palms and smooth it through dry hair ends to control static flyaways. Can also be added before you blow dry for a mini leave-in hot oil treatment. Just be sure to use a small amount or your hair may attract dirt like a dust magnet or look greasy.