December 20, 2014 | 1021 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I thought olive oil was gonna be a miracle product for me but it turned out to be a disaster. i got the best olive oil i could and put a small amount all over, after my shower. 30 minutes later, i was leaving oil marks everywhere i sat. The oil just wouldn't sink in. It just sits on the surface. I do admit that it softens my skin though. It's been about 4 hours since i've applied olive oil and there is still residue. My skin is still slippery ):

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great and versatile product. First of all I love the taste it imparts in food (I sometimes try substituting it with different oils and it just isn't the same)! I also use it to remove all that heavy makeup from my face before washing and wiping the last bits off... No stinging, no irritation (I used to have a sample of Clinique's eye makeup solvent and it stung like hell!). Skincare-wise, I use a small amount mixed with a couple of drops of tea tree oil as a moisturizer... It isn't overly greasy, but I think I should switch to something light and mattifying for the day so that my makeup will last longer. Still, the olive oil/tea tree oil blend works like a charm and I love how my skin looks and feels the next morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I apply EVOO onto my lashes every night and the results are just unexpected. EVOO seriously grows your lashes, albeit it takes time, about a month or two, to be honest. But they are longer, thicker, and a lot (and I seriously mean it) a lot darker!
Then, for the deep conditioning treatments for my hair. Usually it's just heating it up for about a minute, then applying it from edges of the scalp to the tips of the hairs. Leave it in overnight,wrapped in a towel, then wash off the next day. After rinsing, I notice my highlights much more conditioned and they are practically noticeable. However, for the face, I am really scared to try that, since I have oily and sensitive skin, I have no idea what the olive oil might do, and I am plagued with acne, unfortunately. Other than that, EVOO will always be my holy grail for lashes and hair until my demise. I 100% recommend it to bring hair back to life. :)
UPDATE!!!
Over the course of the couple of months, my lashes have grown thicker and feels a bit more dense. Occasionally, a few lashes fall out here and there, but other than that, I knew my lash strength and growth increased. For the hair part, I quit since the oil tends to stick to my hair, and more strands would fall out in ridiculous amounts. Plus, it's super messy and I have tutoring every weekend morning. It would be super odd to show up with oily hair, not to mention smelly. Other than the down sides, olive oil is something I will surely stick to for lash treatments. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my make up essentials in so many ways. I personally use Extra Virgin Olive oil as make up remover, brush cleaner and an exfoliator.

In terms of make up remover, this is by far the best product to remove heavy eye make up including eyeliner, and mascara. I have never had any problems with eye stings or irritation when using this product, and a little goes a long way! I usually pour some of the Extra Virgin Oil on a cotton ball or cotton pad and rub it on my face. It removes all of the makeup. It is oily, and a cleanser is a must.

I also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a brush cleaner. By grabbing a dish. I pour half of the dish with the olive oil and the other half with dish washing detergent. The dish detergent will break down the heavy make up particles that have build up in the brushes and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil will help maintain the quality of the bristles. Simply mix the brushes in the mixture and wipe until they are clean.

Finally I use this product as an exfoliator for my face. I usually mix sugar and Extra Virgin Olive oil together to create a paste. Be careful not to overdo the portions or the mixture will be very watery. Apply the exfoliator to a clean face and leave in for about 10-15 minutes. If you happen to get some in your mouth, it isn't a big deal. (The stuff actually tastes pretty good haha) - and then basically you just rinse it off, and cleanse your face once more.

:) Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the extra virgin olive oil on my dry n extremely frizzy hair.OMG, it cut down on my frizz like anything. I add few drops of rosemary, peppermint, tea tree, lavender and clary sage essential oils to it. Then I heat it to lukewarm. Massage it into my hair for 10 min. Leave it overnight. Then shampoo and condition as usual. It leaves my extremely frizzy hair almost frizz free. I am head over heels in love with it. Also, I apply it on my lips and eyelashes almost thrice a week before hitting the bed. Next morning I wake up with soft pink lips and it has drastically improved my eye lashes growth. I am a total convert.

Edit: I had to add this. I have been using this for 3 months and let me tell you, it has absolutely transformed my hair. Really. It has cut down my frizz to 80%, believe you me. I seriously dont have to use an extra product only to cut the frizz. Just apply it overnight and shampoo it the next day. No frizz. Its truely a godsend. All the curlies out there, do give it a shot.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by deminguyen0211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This heaven sent product have too many use to even list!! i would recommended this to anyone and everyone. No it doesn't clog your pores! It the best thing EVER! i would love to bath in it if possible! :p

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love olive oil. I use it mixed with salt as an exfoliator/moisturizer on my legs and feet (HEAVEN, try it!!!) but on my face it was a totally different story. It broke my lower cheeks and jawline out in lots of tiny painful whiteheads -acne I just never ever get. I have very sensitive skin, and all oils (with the notable exception of coconut oil) seem to do this to me after awhile.

But seriously, mix it was salt so that you have a paste and use it on your feet and legs. It is super luxurious and guarantees you a nice smooth shave.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fool proof product that can be used to remove makeup, moisturize hair, cook and revitalize dry skin. All around 5 star product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start with the fact that I have worked in a field with ties to the beauty industry, and therefore have seen a LOT of moisturizers. Cheap ones, fancier ones, ones that could take a chunk out of my college loans, etc. I've gotten a very good look at the market, and I can honestly say that nothing--NOTHING--has proved more effective than olive oil as a moisturizer for me.

I started using this on a whim, when I ran out of the expensive Estee Lauder stuff that I was using for awhile and was between paychecks. I vaguely remembered hearing about olive oil as a moisturizer and, after a quick Google search to double-check that, grabbed the bottle from my kitchen and started applying. Looking back, this was a bit risky and stupid--my skin has been very, very temperamental for the past year, and likes to explode with horrible breakouts whenever prompted. However, there was nothing to fear here. Wow. I apply it at night at the very end of my routine (Clarisonic, toner with tea tree oil, and, if necessary, some acne treatment), and I wake up with moisturized, glowing skin--no clogged pores, no breakouts. My skin feels healthier and firmer than it has in years--and I've used some of the so-called "miracle" products on the market (looking at you La Mer). Olive oil has been used for millenia as the ultimate multitasking skincare product, and there is a very good reason why. It's chock full of good stuff for your skin, the things that other creams spend a lot of money on replicating--the difference is that this is $4 for a bottle from your local grocery store. I'd recommend getting extra virgin, as it is higher quality and therefore is going to have the most good stuff in it. I haven't found any noticeable differences between the brands that I have bought, and one bottle lasts for quite a while, as you don't need to pile it on.

The two flaws that I have found are a) as I said before, it does make me a little shiny, so I use my regular moisturizer in the mornings and b) I haven't quite nailed down a good method of applying it quite yet. Since it's an oil, things can get a bit messy should you have any sort of misstep, and the shelf that I keep my products on has gotten a bit...oily. The supermarket bottles are made to be poured into measuring cups, not applied to your face. I'm planning on maybe decanting it into a bottle with a pump of some sort to see if that makes it any easier.

The bottom line is that this is an awesome product that you should give a try before you spend more money on something that either does the same thing or is less effective. While I'm sure that it won't work for everyone (what does?), it's been an incredible addition to my skincare routine for me. And if this endorsement isn't enough for you, you should know that olive oil is one of the main parts of Sophia Loren's skincare routine. If it's good enough for her, it's probably worth a try.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dandely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using EVOO to remove makeup for more than a year now and it works just fine. :) It may not work on everyone. It probably depends on your skin.

(Might help those who have eczema-prone or sensitive skin)

I have very sensitive skin. Just around May this year, I had a terrible eczema breakout that my face got so dry and it started peeling. It was such a horror for me that washing my face even with hypoallergenic cleansers irritated it. So I decided to massage a few drops of EVOO on my face and rinse it with warm water. After rinsing, I would moisturize my face with Vitamin E oil and let it sit for a few minutes and then put cold Cetaphil moisturizer. After just about almost a month of doing that, my skin stopped peeling and my complexion actually looks brighter. I get compliments now on how smooth my face looks like.