October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by deminguyen0211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This heaven sent product have too many use to even list!! i would recommended this to anyone and everyone. No it doesn't clog your pores! It the best thing EVER! i would love to bath in it if possible! :p

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love olive oil. I use it mixed with salt as an exfoliator/moisturizer on my legs and feet (HEAVEN, try it!!!) but on my face it was a totally different story. It broke my lower cheeks and jawline out in lots of tiny painful whiteheads -acne I just never ever get. I have very sensitive skin, and all oils (with the notable exception of coconut oil) seem to do this to me after awhile.

But seriously, mix it was salt so that you have a paste and use it on your feet and legs. It is super luxurious and guarantees you a nice smooth shave.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fool proof product that can be used to remove makeup, moisturize hair, cook and revitalize dry skin. All around 5 star product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start with the fact that I have worked in a field with ties to the beauty industry, and therefore have seen a LOT of moisturizers. Cheap ones, fancier ones, ones that could take a chunk out of my college loans, etc. I've gotten a very good look at the market, and I can honestly say that nothing--NOTHING--has proved more effective than olive oil as a moisturizer for me.

I started using this on a whim, when I ran out of the expensive Estee Lauder stuff that I was using for awhile and was between paychecks. I vaguely remembered hearing about olive oil as a moisturizer and, after a quick Google search to double-check that, grabbed the bottle from my kitchen and started applying. Looking back, this was a bit risky and stupid--my skin has been very, very temperamental for the past year, and likes to explode with horrible breakouts whenever prompted. However, there was nothing to fear here. Wow. I apply it at night at the very end of my routine (Clarisonic, toner with tea tree oil, and, if necessary, some acne treatment), and I wake up with moisturized, glowing skin--no clogged pores, no breakouts. My skin feels healthier and firmer than it has in years--and I've used some of the so-called "miracle" products on the market (looking at you La Mer). Olive oil has been used for millenia as the ultimate multitasking skincare product, and there is a very good reason why. It's chock full of good stuff for your skin, the things that other creams spend a lot of money on replicating--the difference is that this is $4 for a bottle from your local grocery store. I'd recommend getting extra virgin, as it is higher quality and therefore is going to have the most good stuff in it. I haven't found any noticeable differences between the brands that I have bought, and one bottle lasts for quite a while, as you don't need to pile it on.

The two flaws that I have found are a) as I said before, it does make me a little shiny, so I use my regular moisturizer in the mornings and b) I haven't quite nailed down a good method of applying it quite yet. Since it's an oil, things can get a bit messy should you have any sort of misstep, and the shelf that I keep my products on has gotten a bit...oily. The supermarket bottles are made to be poured into measuring cups, not applied to your face. I'm planning on maybe decanting it into a bottle with a pump of some sort to see if that makes it any easier.

The bottom line is that this is an awesome product that you should give a try before you spend more money on something that either does the same thing or is less effective. While I'm sure that it won't work for everyone (what does?), it's been an incredible addition to my skincare routine for me. And if this endorsement isn't enough for you, you should know that olive oil is one of the main parts of Sophia Loren's skincare routine. If it's good enough for her, it's probably worth a try.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dandely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using EVOO to remove makeup for more than a year now and it works just fine. :) It may not work on everyone. It probably depends on your skin.

(Might help those who have eczema-prone or sensitive skin)

I have very sensitive skin. Just around May this year, I had a terrible eczema breakout that my face got so dry and it started peeling. It was such a horror for me that washing my face even with hypoallergenic cleansers irritated it. So I decided to massage a few drops of EVOO on my face and rinse it with warm water. After rinsing, I would moisturize my face with Vitamin E oil and let it sit for a few minutes and then put cold Cetaphil moisturizer. After just about almost a month of doing that, my skin stopped peeling and my complexion actually looks brighter. I get compliments now on how smooth my face looks like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG - my favorite beauty item ever. I'm almost 34 and I had my 2nd child a year ago. My skin has been kinda wonky ever since. I had used the oil cleansing method years ago and liked it, but got bored and started using other things. About a month ago, after having tried so many cleansers, toners, and moisturizers, my skin was crazier than ever. I had an oil slick for a t-zone, yet I had super dry patches on my cheeks and near my temples, and I was breaking out. I decided to give oil cleansing another try, and I'm so happy that I did. I use straight EVOO. I was afraid that adding any castor oil would dry me out too much. This. Is. Perfect. At night, I dampen my face with water, remove my makeup with EVOO (which takes off EVERYTHING) with a very warm washcloth. I add more EVOO and massage into my skin for maybe a minute or so and gently massage my face with very warm washcloth for a second time to remove most of the oil. I don't follow up with a cleanser. I leave the residue from the EVOO and let it absorb into my skin. After it has absorbed, I use a gentle Neutrogena retinol cream and that's it. My skin has never looked better. In the morning, I dampen my face and I use just a few drops of EVOO and pat it into my skin, wait about 10 minutes, then follow with my sunscreen and makeup. I added a few drops of lavender essential oil, just for the scent. I don't see myself ever going back to anything else. My skin isn't clogged or congested, it glows, and it's finally balanced. Try it, because it could become HG for you, too!

Just an FYI, there are a couple of pics on my profile that show my skin. All I'm wearing on my face in the pics is a sheer tinted moisturizer, a touch of MSFN on my t-zone and blush. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A-MAZ-ING. As a cleanser, moisturizer, masque. Best best best thing for your skin, ever (except maybe coconut oil).

When I use it as a cleanser, I rub in, then with a hot washcloth, wash off. Then I repeat. Then done.

My HG body moisturizer. I add a couple of drops of essential oil / perfume oil, and it smells great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am an oil junkie. I love to use all kinds and make my own concoctions which usually work out well. While I love Olive Oil in general, I do have to finally admit that when i continually use it, I will break out. I am prone to breakouts on my chin only and this did give me some small breakouts in other areas which I rarely if ever get. I must say that it is very moistuizing and soothing and agree with another reviewer that said to use it on your eye area only if you are prone to break outs. It is also good to use if you have over done it with an aha or exfoliating product. It will get u back on track quickly. Just dont keep using it after your skin has normalized, again if you are prone to break outs. This is of course wonderful for hair and other areas of your skin. I dont love the smell on my skin - I feel like I smell like a chicken cutlet!!!! It is just very distinct and I prefer to use it for cooking!! There are so many other wonderful oils to use on your skin that I like to experiment with different ones. My favorite right now though is Evening Primrose oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After I used this on my face it gave me a terrible break out.It did not make the skin of my body softer.It worked fine on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ragtagbobtail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought EVOO when I read the reviews online. I have horribly sensitive skin; I break out from everything, (even after accutane) even if it's for sensitive skin LOL. I tried EVOO on my whole face and after about a week I started getting cystic acne on the side of my face (where I usually only get that type) so I stopped using it on my face and it went away. BUT---- I have been using it on my eyes, and will NOT ever stop doing so. After I exfoliate with raw honey and sugar, I put the EVOO on my eyes and massage until it's almost absorbed, and then before I go to bed and when I wake up. The dark circles under my eyes have lightened tremendously and my creases have diminished from the massaging.

Face: Use it on your eyes, if you are prone to break out, or if you have very sensitive skin. It does clog my pores, but then again, everything does LOL.

Body: It broke me out on my chest, and my back, but I can use it anywhere else, just make sure you rub it in good.

Hair: Have not tried it yet.