October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by amajoh

This is my absolute favorite product by LUSH. It works well on my cuticles, and just about everywhere else, too! I use it to keep my feet and elbows soft, and after receiving a tip from one of the girls in the shop, I also use it as lip balm. Since it is a bit on the greasy side, a little goes a long way. That means that my small tub lasts far longer than any bottle of lotion would. I recommend this product to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by elfenben

I was really excited about this product and it was the first thing I bought from LUSH. I have really dry cuticles and I have a habit of biting them when they are dry. So, I wanted to try this to keep my cuticles moist.

Well, it did its job at first, even though it was a little bit greasy. But, I guess it triggered some kind of allergy on my hands after using 2-3 times. My skin flaked off and and it was irritated. I had to stop using the butter and it recovered in a week. I tried using it again, and the result was the same. So I stopped and gave it to my mother. She loves it.

So, it is great, if you don't have allergies :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by honeypink00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something that would cure my harsh dry hands.. and I've never been to LUSH before so I decided to pop in. The SA helped me out and suggested that I should take home "Lemony Flutter". I tested it out, and it worked really smoothly and the smell was amazing! I took off one lippie because it can be a little bit greasy.. but it is made with natural ingredients. I'm glad I purchased this cuticle butter, I will probably repurchase again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DivineSage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this well enough, I guess. I'm not blown away by it. I bought it to use as a cuticle cream, but I can't use it for that because it's so greasy. I don't have time to sit and wait for it to absorb, so I can't use it on my hands without getting it on everything I own. I've started using it on my heels overnight and it works well enough for that, but again, I'm not blown away by it. It really doesn't do anything for me that any regular lotion can't do, and a regular lotion doesn't come with the greasy feeling and the overpowering smell.

I wouldn't really recommend this, and I doubt I'll even be able to finish what I've got before it expires, so I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really greasy. And I am not sure if it did anything to my cuticles to make it softer. It smells like lemons. I will only use this at night because its kind of sticky. I probably will finish up the product, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Considering that I paid really cheap for this product because somebody got for me in the U.K. I can't complain about the price... but in the U.S is $15.00, so yeah I think it's expensive.
It does what it claims to do, is one of the BEST FOOT, CUTICLE AND ELBOWS moisturizers I've ever used! It's really good, but it's veeeery greasy so I only use it at night, and I prefer to use it in the wintertime. Because seriously you can't use this at daytime, it takes a while to absorb into your skin.
The only DOWNSIDE, for me, is the smell. Oh my God, the smell... SUPER,DUPER, INTOXICATING strong!!! My aunt was mad at me after I applied on her cuticles, she washed her hand like several times and the smell of ginger and lemon wouldn't go away! So if you are sensitive to smells, don't get any near this! It will give you headache... at first I thought " I'M NEVER gonna use this stuff", but then it worked so well on my foot and on my cuticles that I kept using it despite the awful smell, and now I got used to the smell, but it took me a like, 2 months to get used to it, now I don't really care. It's a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok, but I'm not blown away by it. For dry damaged cuticles, I think Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream does a much better job and holds up better with handwashing.

I do like Lemony Flutter as a general hand cream, though. It works well on my dry, cracked knuckles and does moisturize my cuticles fairly well. That said, I prefer using a good rich hand cream like Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula or Eucerin cream (the original thick stuff in the jar) with Burt's Bees cuticle cream to really repair dry damaged hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

excellent product that I started using on cuticles, then moved on to elbows, feet and everywhere else that had become dry over the winter months. It works a dream and dry skin disappears overnight.
The only thing i don't like about Lush products in general is their expiry date. No matter how often i seem to use them, they always expire before i've used the entire tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lemony Flutter is described as a "lemony butter" and that is a very accurate statement. It smells like lemons and fresh. It has a very thick consistency. I use it on my feet instead of cuticles. It softens my heels very nicely overnight with socks on. :) A little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by swedgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to use as a cuticle cream but I think it is better to use as a cream in very dry area. It works wonderful on my elbows and knees and the smell is no too bad but quite intense for my liking. When applied it basically melts and becomes oil (kind of melted butter) and for that reason I do not really like it as a cuticle cream, for that purpose Burt's Bee works better since it actually stays on the cuticle and does not spread all over and in my opinion the smell is also better.