LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.3

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 8/18/2011 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! The good points: I wear it to bed every night. A little goes a long way, so I massage the cream into the cuticles, nails and tips of my fingers. Then I put on my cotton night gloves. In the morning I have lovely soft skin and beautiful nails. It's especially good in the wintertime to prevent cracking. I understand it has many other uses e.g. soften feet, elbows, as a lip balm. It is expensive but it lasts a long, long time! It's good to know that the ingredients are natural. The not so good points: It smells lemony with a hint of bacon grease. It's not something that I can't get used to because the results are great. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This must be the worst thing LUSH has ever produced. Yes it smells great, and yes it melts on your skin like butter but it leaves a shiny, greasy coat on my hands that smudges on anything, and doesn't moisturise or soften my skin at all.

on 7/24/2011 9:35:00 AM

I really like this product. I ended up buying this from the Lush store near my house after I spotted it while I was looking for something else. I use this every time I give myself a manicure or change my nail colour (every 2-3 days) and I find it works really well. It makes my cuticles lovely and soft, and they look much better. I also really love the scent of this product (itís really lemony) although I agree with some other reviewers on here when they say it can be a little overwhelming. I paid around £5 ($8US) for a 50g tub of this stuff, and I definitely believe you are getting value for money, considering you use such a small amount on each finger. Itís going to take ages to use up!  A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, and after putting it on your fingers you can see it melting into your cuticles with the heat of your skin. Iím really happy with this product and will definitely buy it again. continued >>

Sorry Lush, I love you but this was a big miss. I should have gotten a sample. I had tried it on at the store, I wasn't crazy about the smell but I was living in the UK and couldn't afford manicures all the time. I thought this would help, sadly it was so damn greasy that it annoyed me so much. I didn't love the lemsip smell. =( Anyways I'm not going to purchase this again since after 3 months I found the upper layer went hard and it looked like it was going bad. I know they use as little as possible perservatives so I ended up tossing this away.

Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter Review
Paid $15.50 AUD for 50g. Seems a little expensive, but you don't need to use much for each hand so it will last a LONG time. I tried Burts Bees cuticle cream previously. It cost me $14.95 for 17g so Lemony Flutter gives you way more bang for your buck. I prefer the smell of the Burts Bees cuticle cream, Lemony Flutter is stronger smelling and not quite as pleasant, HOWEVER, Burts Bees was very waxy - Lemony Flutter melts on contact with your skin, making a lushous oil that you can tell is really doing your cuticles (read: eponychium), nails & skin good! It is a little greasey but not too bad if you use just the right amount. But honestly, I like that. I like to massage my nails for a little while after applying - it stimulates nail growth. If it absorbed instantly it wouldn't feel as nice :) I usually apply Lemony Flutter 3 times or more a day. I'm a nail polish junkie so I need something to combat dryness from acetone and other products, and to keep my nails hydrated (flexible) and nice and strong and obviously I want my eponychiums to look good: regular moisturising makes the eponychiums shrink back, making my nails look so much better. Because of all this Lemony Flutter is PERFECT for me and I will most definetely buy it again. The smell isn't great, but the benefits of the product outweigh this little issue for sure. Please, Lush, NEVER ever discontinue this product.

update~~~
I am absolutely in love with this product. If you warm your fingers up before applying it melts into your skin like butter! It's lovely, and I don't find the smell as bad now. It keeps my finger tips moisturised, eponychiums looking good and I haven't had any hang nails since I started using this product. lovelovelove.

on 6/24/2011 1:34:00 AM

bought this today after reading so many great reviews about it... i gotta say it is quite expensive, $15 for a small amout, and it smells gross... like citronella candle to scary the mosquitoes away... but it does work! i have suuuuuuuper dry cuticles, that flakes and hangs... i've tryed pure cold pressed avocado oil and other types of oils, they work only while they are on the skin, after one wash the cuticle goes back to its dryness.. but this lemon flutter thing kept my cuticles very moist... it does work... but smells awfull and i've found it quite expensive...

on 6/21/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am a huge nail polisher, and this gets raves for cuticle care. I originally bought one for a friend, but ended up using it and going back to buy one for myself. I loved it the first few times I used it, but now I am not that into it.

I guess it depends how much you use, but for my skin it stays oily/greasy/slimy for way too long after I apply. I try to rub it in as much as I can, but it does nto seem to absorb as well as other products. This may be my skin, so it coudl absolutely work for you, but it just isn't my thing.

I do love the smell, and the container is great, no risk of it squishing out and its reuseable. There is a lot in the jar, and it is a few dollars cheaper in store than online so I was happy with the price for such a large amount. However now I am left with a large amount that I really don't care to use any longer..

on 6/18/2011 2:20:00 PM

This product is really multi-functional! I use it not only on cuticles but also elbows, knees, feet and lips! It works just great and smells really addictive... Not like chemical lemon. It makes skin smooth and moisturized.

on 6/12/2011 8:53:00 PM

I gave this several chances because on paper I should really like it. The novelty of Lush products appeals to the niche snob in me and I like all things lemon. It not only didn't moisturize my cuticles, it actually dried them out and created little hangnails and toughened skin around my fingertips. When I stop using this my hands revert to normal. I don't understand it either but for the sake of my hands I can't keep trying to like this product when it clearly doesn't work for me.

on 6/4/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This product is fantastic . It keeps my chronic dry lips and elbows moisturized .

Video Reviews & Tutorials