December 22, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying I used to cut my cuticles. It left the skin around my nails very dry, flaky, with peeling skin around the nail bed. I've stopped cutting my cuticles for the last two months and just started pushing them back. Enter Lemony Flutter! It has left my cuticles and fingertips moisturized to the point where I have no visible dry skin. My skin is smooth and even; something I haven't had in over 10 years!

Overall, I give this a 4, but it doesn't mean I dislike it (read on to see why I gave it a 4). I really like the consistency. It starts out as a semi-solid (think of a stick of butter that's been sitting out at room temperature for an hour) and with the warmth of your body, it melts. It has definitely helped with moisturizing my cuticles. I have less hangnails and my cuticles are so much more happier. I also use this as a foot cream. In addition, I use this after washing my hands. It may be a bit oily for some people, but it does wonders for my very dry hands. It has a ton of wonderful ingredients such as organic avocado oil, shea butter, mango butter, and extra virgin coconut oil just to name a few.

I was so excited when I bought it, that I had to try it on right when I got into my car. The smell, is something I'm getting used to. I'm not a huge fan of the scent as it is super over powering. It's weird because I practically shoved this in my boyfriends nose and he said he couldn't smell a thing. I guess it's just me. Overall, I did give this a 4 because I can't stand the smell, but I love what it does for my cuticles and dry skin.

This tub is 1.5 oz (45g). I'm hopeful this will last me by the expiration date. Would I purchase this again? Definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I LOVE this product ! I bought this after seeing many nail swatchers posting reviews on it and after my failed attempt with Burt's Bee's Lemon Butter.
This stuff is GREAT. It really heals up my cuticles (which is awesome, because mine suck) and helps make them and my heels much more... appealing to look at, haha. I only use it before I sleep though, because it's pretty greasy.
I don't like the price though, (maybe I'm just cheap?) it's 12CAD before taxes... And it's a relatively small container. Still worth it though, would totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by soupz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got really excited when I read the reviews for this and rushed to the shop to get it! It didn't amaze me at first but I guess its growing on me... It did the job of smoothening my cuticles but didn't seem like it melted down the hard skin on the sides as well as my sally hansen hands nails cuticles creme. However,,, the smell is sooooo good! lemoney with a green tea-ish aftertaste. BUTTTTT after using it for a while it grew on me. because it is a butter, the best thing about it is that it doesn't wash off with gentle handwashings! which is so great for me because my hands are always getting wet and dirty. So will I buy it again, maybe if i haven't found anything better, and if i ever finish this pottle. they should make like a $5 mini pot version!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by amajoh

This is my absolute favorite product by LUSH. It works well on my cuticles, and just about everywhere else, too! I use it to keep my feet and elbows soft, and after receiving a tip from one of the girls in the shop, I also use it as lip balm. Since it is a bit on the greasy side, a little goes a long way. That means that my small tub lasts far longer than any bottle of lotion would. I recommend this product to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by elfenben

I was really excited about this product and it was the first thing I bought from LUSH. I have really dry cuticles and I have a habit of biting them when they are dry. So, I wanted to try this to keep my cuticles moist.

Well, it did its job at first, even though it was a little bit greasy. But, I guess it triggered some kind of allergy on my hands after using 2-3 times. My skin flaked off and and it was irritated. I had to stop using the butter and it recovered in a week. I tried using it again, and the result was the same. So I stopped and gave it to my mother. She loves it.

So, it is great, if you don't have allergies :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by honeypink00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something that would cure my harsh dry hands.. and I've never been to LUSH before so I decided to pop in. The SA helped me out and suggested that I should take home "Lemony Flutter". I tested it out, and it worked really smoothly and the smell was amazing! I took off one lippie because it can be a little bit greasy.. but it is made with natural ingredients. I'm glad I purchased this cuticle butter, I will probably repurchase again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DivineSage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this well enough, I guess. I'm not blown away by it. I bought it to use as a cuticle cream, but I can't use it for that because it's so greasy. I don't have time to sit and wait for it to absorb, so I can't use it on my hands without getting it on everything I own. I've started using it on my heels overnight and it works well enough for that, but again, I'm not blown away by it. It really doesn't do anything for me that any regular lotion can't do, and a regular lotion doesn't come with the greasy feeling and the overpowering smell.

I wouldn't really recommend this, and I doubt I'll even be able to finish what I've got before it expires, so I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really greasy. And I am not sure if it did anything to my cuticles to make it softer. It smells like lemons. I will only use this at night because its kind of sticky. I probably will finish up the product, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Considering that I paid really cheap for this product because somebody got for me in the U.K. I can't complain about the price... but in the U.S is $15.00, so yeah I think it's expensive.
It does what it claims to do, is one of the BEST FOOT, CUTICLE AND ELBOWS moisturizers I've ever used! It's really good, but it's veeeery greasy so I only use it at night, and I prefer to use it in the wintertime. Because seriously you can't use this at daytime, it takes a while to absorb into your skin.
The only DOWNSIDE, for me, is the smell. Oh my God, the smell... SUPER,DUPER, INTOXICATING strong!!! My aunt was mad at me after I applied on her cuticles, she washed her hand like several times and the smell of ginger and lemon wouldn't go away! So if you are sensitive to smells, don't get any near this! It will give you headache... at first I thought " I'M NEVER gonna use this stuff", but then it worked so well on my foot and on my cuticles that I kept using it despite the awful smell, and now I got used to the smell, but it took me a like, 2 months to get used to it, now I don't really care. It's a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok, but I'm not blown away by it. For dry damaged cuticles, I think Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream does a much better job and holds up better with handwashing.

I do like Lemony Flutter as a general hand cream, though. It works well on my dry, cracked knuckles and does moisturize my cuticles fairly well. That said, I prefer using a good rich hand cream like Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula or Eucerin cream (the original thick stuff in the jar) with Burt's Bees cuticle cream to really repair dry damaged hands.