October 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Concealers - Stila - Perfecting Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by svetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer. I've used many in the past, but this one is the best one so far. The color matches pretty perfectly, and it's very blendable. It covers anything on your face very well (I don't use it under eyes, though), and it stays all day. I used to carry it with me at first, just in case I needed a touch up during the day, but not anymore, I'm pretty sure it will last. I would, definitely, repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by blyss

A solid concealor and one that I was shocked with considering I didn't think Stila was known for their 'face product'. I went into a Stila makeover and this was used on me. I'm a MAC NC30 and a Stila 30 watt colour. This blended very well into my skin. Almost unpercievable. It was used to even out certain areas of my skintone where we knew a sheer foundation would not cover. So the areas around my nose. Very natural medium covereage finish... I was happy with the results.
Looking at how it lasted through the day, I say it was part of the weaker aspect... close to a full work day but really fell short. The concealor did a great job for about 5 hours then died miserably for the remaining 3 hours of the day. I'm combo normal so I'm not super oily where it just erases the product. All in all, not a bad concealor. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This is a bit too dry for my eyes, but it's perfect for the rest of my face - light enough to look natural but with enough coverage to perfect my complexion. I also like the tube - it's easy to get just a tiny dab out of it and the texture blends easily. I'm an NC35 right now and I got this in E.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

Though I was completely underwhelmed by the Stila Perfecting Foundation Stick, this little baby is HG material. I use it in shade D for my Stila 50 watt skintone. It's a creamy consistency that I use as a spot foundation and under my eyes. I'm not crazy about the little tube but it gives such a smooth, 'perfected' look even without foundation that I'm willing to overlook it. I absolutely love this concealer and have been using it for months with no problems. I'm combo skin and this hasn't broken me out yet, despite my use around my nose and mouth to cover redness and deflect shadows. I would definitely recommend to anyone and purchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by SharonaKay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color range of these concealors; there will definitely be a close match for all skin shades! I also enjoy how the concealor smooths out blemishes and dark spots as well as under eye bags. However, the product is very thick and I feel that it has clogged my pores after a month of daily use. I mentioned that I would buy it again but only plan to use it for special occasions rather than daily use. I decided to use Neutrogena for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

I love this. A little bit goes a long way. Not dry at all, but not so runny that it doesn't cover anything.
This even manages to cover my dark undereye circle while still providing a natural finish.
Price is ok. And this tube is going to last me a long long time since I only need a tiny bit to cover everything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by stephanie32082

I use this concealer mainly under my eyes after I've applied Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation. I use shade g which is a great match for me. Some might think its expensive, but you use so little that it seems it would last forever. The SA told me she had hers for 5 months and it looked brand new. It retails for $25 CDN if I remember correctly but is well worth the price. I also bought Stila's #26 Perfecting Concealer Brush (Short-Handle) to apply it with. In the past I've used MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 which I thought was too thick and their Studio Stick Concealer which I thought was good but finished too quickly for the price. This Perfecting Concealer is awesome, the best I've tried so far and I will definately repurchase. My new HG!

After careful consideration, I've realized that shade g is too dark for me and after a consultation with a different MA, we decided I was really shade f. I've been using shade f for a few months now and am very happy. Shade g has been delegated to mask the redness around my nose (since its only one shade off - its hardly noticeable). I just recently went to an event and now the MA who did my makeup there told me I'm shade e! What to do? LOL. I still have tons of f and g left - I'm going to stick with f for now and see what happens in a few months. Although I like this, I want to try something new next time - I can always come back to this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ErinElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually found a perfect match for my pale skin with the "A" shade of this product. It's thick, covers well, and blends flawlessly. My tube will probably last a year because a little bit goes a really long way. Excellent product! I'll be sharing my love for this stuff with all my friends and relatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hellena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this concealer last week. I like it so far! Pretty good for its price. you need just a bit of it to cover blemishes and dark circles, so the product is not expensive if you think that you can use it for a year or so. Well worth it! The texture is good too. I don't agree with negative reviews. This cocealer, in fact, stays on. It is not shiny at all! One review made me laugh because the person has not even bought the product and has not even tried the product on her face, just on a hand! and already wrote a negative review.
I put a mark "would not buy again", because concealer lasts me a while. I have been using my Clinique airbrush concealer for over a year! I like to try new products and brands, this is why I would try something else next time. But I am very pleased with this concealer. The package is very nice and convenient as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by fitnessa

I rely on my concealer to cover my bluish-purple undereye circles and look natural with my bare face since I only use foundation or powder on big events. (Stila has the best yellow-toned colors of anyone, imho)

I switched to this from Stila's stick concealer in B, which was too thick but applied lightly was the best color match to cover and counteract the circles. I've tried MAC's cream (too cakey) and liquid concealers (smoother and more liquid, but creases and wrinkles stand out like mountains and valleys) but the colors were ashy and the coverage too anemic; Jane Iredale's concealer was a chalky, greasy mess, and BB/LM tend to be too pale or too dark or the wrong tone.

Stila perfecting concealer isn't a HG concealer, but it is the one I use now. It blends well, coverage is good, the color match is fantastic, and a little dab (the size of three or so pinheads covers everything from inner corner to cheekbone to outer corner) goes a long, long way, so the price ($22 at Sephora) isn't all that high. I repeat: do not use too much! Use too little on the first application rather than too much.

I only put this under my eyes. I put in on my nose and face a couple of times and it clogged pores and broke me out, but it's safe under my eyes (the MAC liquid concealer was the same way). I'm back to using Stila's stick concealer on my face.

Skin needs to be well-moisturized and exfoliated, or the concealer will rub up flaky skin. I apply with the tip of my ring finger and dab away or use my NARS #7 concealer brush.