July 28, 2014 | 1624 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using coconut oil for a few months now. I use it as a hair conditioner by rubbing it into my scalp and through my ends and then keeping it in for a little bit before showering and rinsing it out. I like it, but for some reason my hair tends to feel dry in the shower as I am washing it out, like straw like sort of. But once i dry my hair and all it looks nice. For reference my hair is color-treated, light blonde and fine, not many split ends and healthy for the most part, somehow haha. I used to use coconut oil as my night time face wash, by just putting warm water on my face and rubbing the oil in as I would with a face wash, then rinsing well. I did this maybe twice to ensure all the makeup was off, and it works really well. However, I started to use a gentle cleanser after taking my makeup off with it, just because I started getting small clogged pores on my jawline, those little flesh colored ones with no head and if you try to squeeze they erupt into huge zits. This could very well be from something else, but my intuition tells me its the coconut oil. However, I am acne prone and have dry skin. But after using a cleanser after taking my makeup off with it, they seem to be going away. After using it a while I have gotten a lot of compliments from people telling me I look like I am glowing. It's worth a shot I think for any skin type, it just may take a little to figure out how to fit it into your routine.

p.s. my dog also loves this as a little snack!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Fabat50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love coconut oil and use it nightly on my face as a moisturizer. It leaves my face dewy fresh in the morning and very hydrated (my skin is normal-dry). Surprisingly it is not greasy and does not stain your sheets.
I also use coconut oil once a week as a hair mask - on the ends of my hair (ear down) and then leave in for a couple of hours and wash out with shampoo. I also use it in my hair at night weekly and put a small amount on the areas where I use a straightening iron (bangs and ends)..wash out in the morning.
Coconut oil is the best beauty oil around - I wouldnt use anything else. I read the book - Coconut Nut Oil Miracle - you will be amazed on this miracle oil...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

normally because of my oily skin I swear away all oils from my skin, but this is an awesome light oil that helps my complexion. I use it in the evening as a supplement to my Bare Escentuals moisturizer and I wake up with a glowing face. It has only been a week, but no breakouts so far. I also combine the organic Coconut oil with baking soda and use the paste as a cheap and effective facial scrub in conjunction with my clarisonic. I also use it as a hair conditioner and hair treatment on the cheap. who knew that this product could be as effective as a beauty product as it is a cooking product. This product is a definite clutter buster! Less priducts to clutter my closet with, LOL!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by wynterskyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love ev coconut oil!!! I use it to moisture my scalp my skin my face everything!!!! Its a great hot oil treatment for dry ends and a great moisturizer to apply after sitting in the sun it helps a tan last for days and makes skin so soft and smooth plus it smells awesome

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil is my HG skin moisturizer! After having very dry, scaly and flaky skin for years and going through so many different lotions that claim to heal and soothe, I picked up a jar in the cooking oil section of wal mart and tried my luck. I never looked back. It is quite greasy if you use too much, and my sheets suffered for it. My thing is to dig a small hunk out while its solid and let the heat of my hand melt, and then apply after my shower. Unlike lotions there's no tackiness or stickiness, and my skin stays soft even in winter. Its good for your hair and I even used it to take off my make up with no breakouts- ah-mazing! Best thing is, its scentless..hm, maybe a small hint of nuttiness but nothing overpowering, at all. Most of all, its pretty much shut down my flaky, dry skin; I couldn't be happier and more pleased with the stuff and at under $8 a jar, its a steal and will last you, since a little bit goes a long way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by MissMelinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this for a moisturizer for my body and it has helped so much with my extremely dry alligator skin :) I tried using it as a facial moisturizer but it dried out my face...sad! I also love using coconut oil as a carrier for essential oils :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahannexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has saved my hair and skin. I use it as a night time moisturiser for my oily skin, which is also very sensitive. Your skin feels a little greasy straight after application but by morning I am not oily and my skin feels softer and glows like it never has. It's not too heavy, doesn't break me out, and is super cheap! Also use it as a hair mask, an keeps my super dry ends in check :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by camidumas

Protip: use a cotton round to scoop out enough solid coconut oil to apply, then use the other side of the round to wipe off any excess. That way you don't introduce bacteria to the bottle! (I like to use the rounds that have an abrasive side and a soft side, and use the abrasive side for scooping.)

This is my go-to for moisturizing, everything from my hair to my feet, INCLUDING my eyes. It's also a great make-up remover. Be sure to buy organic because non-organic can have traces of solvents. I paid $8 for 500 grams, in glass, and in 3 months have used about a dollar's worth. Plus it's rich in vitamin E!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coconut Oil and Avocado Oil are my HG beauty oils. I've tried others in the past but always, ALWAYS come back to these two. I don't even bother with trying other oils anymore. I always get the unrefined oil that turns solid in cooler temperatures and it makes both my skin and hair incredibly soft and supple and lightly fragrant without being greasy at all. I can't live without either during the winter months and it's cheap to boot. It's great for removing makeup and since I use it in a mixture of neem and avocado as a hot oil/pre poo treatment, I don't have dandruff anymore and my psoriasis has calmed down considerably. Go get some, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by TanniMH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coconut oil saved my face! I have dry to combination skin and coconut oil has helped so much! I found that coconut oil has helped with acne surprisingly!?! since i've been using it (8 months) my usual monthly spots have greatly reduced I hardly get any spots now and it keeps my under eye area really hydrated!
I LOVE coconut oil for my face, hair and body!
My skin tone has improved as well possibly due to the fact that coconut oil keeps my face well hydrated. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin or really bad acne, I don't use it on my forehead or nose area to avoid any extra oiliness but I LOVE it for the rest of my face I use it before moisturiser especially before I go to sleep.