October 22, 2014 | 1975 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is it possible to have a reaction to cornstarch? because I think that's what happened to me. While it *does* help cut down shinniness, it made my skin itch & flared up my rosacea, literally within seconds. Go figure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

Since I have major problems with an oily shiney Tzone especially in the summer, this is the BEST at mattifying that area. Even better than BE, Color Fx, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 1:14:00 PM More reviews by lulu2u2

At first I was skeptical when I read that it was just cornstartch, but I'm glad I ordered it with my sample kit! It sucks up the shine in an instant and doesn't look cakey at all. My skin looks smooth and it really diminishes my pore size!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cinderelle

I know this is basically tinted cornstarch, but it is fabulous tinted cornstarch. I use it on my t-zone and cheeks right after putting on EM foundation, and then I reapply after 5 or 6 hours if I need it (which I often don't). It makes the foundation look soft and natural, it keeps my oily skin at bay remarkably well, and the price is super compared to similar products. I only wish I could carry it around with me in some sort of mess-proof way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

I am sorry to say that I dislike this. I am a BE fan, and am comparing this to BE's Mineral Veil. I just wanted to love this, b/c I hear so many great things about this line, but it just wasn't as good, and I'd rather just use BE. I had to apply more than BE to achieve the same result, so in spite of the price difference, it's worth it to just buy BE. I also didn't enjoy the super fine texture like I thought I would. This slides off quickly too, so I didn't have a good experience with this at all, and will swap away what I have, and won't use again. I suggest to anyone intersted in mineral makeup, just to buy and use BE. It's worth the extra money, honestly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by B_Movie_malefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just tried the Balancing Dust sample and it seems to cover shine better than the regular Finishing Dust--which did nada for me as cutting down/controlling shine. Only gripe it is Very Light like Mineral Veil, not sure if this would work on anyone who is darker than me; Light to slighly medium complexion. Just be sure you exfoliate your skin of any rough spots as the powder will easily catch ( I know duh, but its really white and you have to really buff it in). I thought this powder was going to be more flesh toned?) So far would consider purchasing but only if included in a kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 4:16:00 AM More reviews by TallGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free gift from a kit!! So generous of them :D I like this powder cuz it's really light and really translucent(which is perfect for setting eye shadows), works well under and over my Everyday Minerals foundation. It is just the finest powder I have ever tried. I don't have the kind of money to spend on Chanel powders so I can't compare, but at this price, you can't get any better than this. Even when I re-apply it's still smooth and light. Some loose powders get really blotchy when you re-apply it during the day. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Clegc01

Can anyone tell me how they are getting these products to last all day. I love EM have tried a few other brands but EM slide right off with sweat and oiliness. I use the finishing dust before foundation and after. I don't want to switch because I love coverage, color, texutres etc. but i was told that the mica is what makes it not stick to your skin as well. I am waiting for some samples from Beauty Bliss because i hear they have some great primers and finishers for oily skin, but I would really like to stick with EM so please offer advise if you have any. Also the Multi-Task Concealer is hands down the BEST mineral concealer i have come across and this is coming from someone who is pale with BAD BAD BAD under eye dark circles (herditary for me)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Justina17

I bought the sample package - thank God! Really nothing special. The colors don't look like any human beings natural color. I'm glad I didn't buy a whole set.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

Received this in the sample kit (free- just pay shipping), and I love it. I am definitely planning on buying a full size of this. I have been on the hunt for a loose powder that would not only set makeup but also help with shine- and my search is now over. Does a great job over any type of foundation, TM, or EM foundations. Great price for a full size $10 - much less expensive than the NARS loose powder I had been eying. **UPDATE** Taking 2 lippies off, this is not good for controlling oil. Sets makeup beautifully, but doesn't help with shine as much as I had indicated in my original review.