Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 8/13/2006 9:34:00 PM

I just love this stuff. It is the perfect finishing touch to the EM foundation. It really helps to control the oil and makes my skin look more airbrushed.

*EDIT* EM's tinted silk dust is much better than this so I am using it instead! Def. recommend!

on 8/9/2006 5:24:00 PM

Is it possible to have a reaction to cornstarch? because I think that's what happened to me. While it *does* help cut down shinniness, it made my skin itch & flared up my rosacea, literally within seconds. Go figure.

on 8/1/2006 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Since I have major problems with an oily shiney Tzone especially in the summer, this is the BEST at mattifying that area. Even better than BE, Color Fx, etc.

on 7/29/2006 1:14:00 PM

At first I was skeptical when I read that it was just cornstartch, but I'm glad I ordered it with my sample kit! It sucks up the shine in an instant and doesn't look cakey at all. My skin looks smooth and it really diminishes my pore size!

on 7/24/2006 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know this is basically tinted cornstarch, but it is fabulous tinted cornstarch. I use it on my t-zone and cheeks right after putting on EM foundation, and then I reapply after 5 or 6 hours if I need it (which I often don't). It makes the foundation look soft and natural, it keeps my oily skin at bay remarkably well, and the price is super compared to similar products. I only wish I could carry it around with me in some sort of mess-proof way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am sorry to say that I dislike this. I am a BE fan, and am comparing this to BE's Mineral Veil. I just wanted to love this, b/c I hear so many great things about this line, but it just wasn't as good, and I'd rather just use BE. I had to apply more than BE to achieve the same result, so in spite of the price difference, it's worth it to just buy BE. I also didn't enjoy the super fine texture like I thought I would. This slides off quickly too, so I didn't have a good experience with this at all, and will swap away what I have, and won't use again. I suggest to anyone intersted in mineral makeup, just to buy and use BE. It's worth the extra money, honestly.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Just tried the Balancing Dust sample and it seems to cover shine better than the regular Finishing Dust--which did nada for me as cutting down/controlling shine. Only gripe it is Very Light like Mineral Veil, not sure if this would work on anyone who is darker than me; Light to slighly medium complexion. Just be sure you exfoliate your skin of any rough spots as the powder will easily catch ( I know duh, but its really white and you have to really buff it in). I thought this powder was going to be more flesh toned?) So far would consider purchasing but only if included in a kit.

on 7/15/2006 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a free gift from a kit!! So generous of them :D I like this powder cuz it's really light and really translucent(which is perfect for setting eye shadows), works well under and over my Everyday Minerals foundation. It is just the finest powder I have ever tried. I don't have the kind of money to spend on Chanel powders so I can't compare, but at this price, you can't get any better than this. Even when I re-apply it's still smooth and light. Some loose powders get really blotchy when you re-apply it during the day. LOVE!

on 6/22/2006 9:13:00 PM

Can anyone tell me how they are getting these products to last all day. I love EM have tried a few other brands but EM slide right off with sweat and oiliness. I use the finishing dust before foundation and after. I don't want to switch because I love coverage, color, texutres etc. but i was told that the mica is what makes it not stick to your skin as well. I am waiting for some samples from Beauty Bliss because i hear they have some great primers and finishers for oily skin, but I would really like to stick with EM so please offer advise if you have any. Also the Multi-Task Concealer is hands down the BEST mineral concealer i have come across and this is coming from someone who is pale with BAD BAD BAD under eye dark circles (herditary for me)

on 6/22/2006 1:52:00 AM

I bought the sample package - thank God! Really nothing special. The colors don't look like any human beings natural color. I'm glad I didn't buy a whole set.

Recommended for Normal Skin