Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.5

The MA gave this to me after I asked her for a concealer with light to medium coverage. However I used it on pimples, which isnt a good idea bc the bacteria spreads with the wand (unhygenic).It's too light during the summer and makes me look old during the winter. I wouldnt rebuy, quick correcter is better

on 7/18/2006 6:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm surprised that this concealer has been around as long as it has. The Line Smoothing Concealer contains light-reflecting pigments, and while this product provided good coverage and didn't accentuate lines, I nonetheless felt that the pigments created a whitish, artificial-looking glaze under my eyes that made me appear tired. I've never had any success with Clinique concealers, and I wish the company would dedicate themselves to creating two exceptional concealers, instead of five mediocre ones.

on 6/21/2006 12:02:00 PM

I got this as a tester and have been using it for over 2 months. It is perfect for my skin tone and makes me look like I have had the best beauty rest. The tiniest bit goes a long way. Don't use too much, or it will look too light. Blend well by patting one or two fingers under your eyes. Voila!

It is only $12, and I am still going through the tester!

BTW: I suggest not using a concealer brush; the warmth of you fingers will blend the product more evenly with better results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i really did like this concealer to use under my eyes, despite the fact that i'm only 15 i have some lines under my eyes so i needed a concealer that would cover up well and at the same time do something for those pesky lines! the MA there who was sorta snobby and rude gave me this in a shade that was very pink i think it was the medium. so the next morning i put this one the way she showed me to after applying my eyecream. it ended up being wayyy too light on me so i can't say how good the coverage is tho. but it didnt seem to crease or settle into my lines, it actually made them look alot better. the formula was pretty light too and easy to work with. but it was a little dry tho but that could be worked out if i used my eye cream more frequently. i ended up taking it back and seeing if i could get a darker shade but the darkest shade they had available there was still too light for me. but i'd definitely repurchase this if they a better shade selection and a shade that matched me.

on 5/15/2006 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this in #9, Medium Honey, it's quite dark and very yellow-based which I shall need for the summer. It doesn't crease and it lasts very well. It's not that cheap in Greece (24 euros) which is annoying since it's more than double the US price, but I'll continue to use it until I come across a cheaper but equally good product.

on 4/18/2006 2:23:00 PM

This is the only concealer Ive used on my eyes for years. I find that its smooth to apply and reflects light off of the eyes.. I find that I do need a touchup after some hours.. but it doesnt settle in the creases which is very important, and the price is good too.

I stuck with this for a long time--probably because I didn't have any lines to demonstrate whether it effectively smoothed them, and because Clinique was the brand I used in college to bridge into the department store. I don't know if the formula changed or if my new environment is really dry, but it now appears scaly under my eyes, and no longer covers blemishes. Maybe my scars are worse now that I'm in my mid-20s, and it's not pigmented enough? Plus, I've learned that other lines offer more than 3 shades!

on 1/3/2006 1:14:00 AM

i didnt' like this at first...too cakey...then i tried some different concealors and after perfecting the concealor application technique, i find that this is not so bad afterall. you really need to prep the eye area well before you apply concealor. it helps with the application a lot (all about eyes was good). i swipe some on my index finger, and rub it together with my left index finger then dab, dab, dab and ta-dah! dark circles are temporarily diminished. though it seems to work quite well, i will not repurchase as im sure there MUST be something better out there. the colour match was not perfect with this (im asian...clinique always seems to be very 'pinky')

on 12/26/2005 3:00:00 AM

I cannot believe I am going to post a bad review about Clinique, I LOVE Clinique. However, I purchased the Line Smoothing Concealer at a price of $16.00 because I couldn't find my L'Oreal Natrualle Concealer and I decided it was time to trade up anyway. I inadvertently found the L'Oreal stuff the next day. I smeared a bit of each on my hand and the medium shades for each line matched EXACTLY. I compared the product size, the Clinique was SLIGHTLY larger but certainly not double! I applied the Clinique product under my right eye and stippled as normal, and the L'Oreal under the left eye and stippled as normal and applied my makeup like I always do. At the end of the day, there was absolutely positively no difference between these two brands. I was so dissapointed, I thought for sure the Clinique would hold up longer/better or the L'Oreal would wear off, but not one difference! I did this for three days in a row, the only difference that I could see between these two products was the price. The Clinique stuff is going back to the counter....

on 11/29/2005 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

bought this in the honey color a tad to dark for my NC35 skin. I mainly use it to cover dark circles. The great thing it does not crease under the eyes the way other concealers do!Coverage is great and will repurchase.So far one of the best concealers out there and I have tried them all. Other than a slight problem with color this is a near perfect concealer.