Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.6

on 12/26/2005 3:00:00 AM

I cannot believe I am going to post a bad review about Clinique, I LOVE Clinique. However, I purchased the Line Smoothing Concealer at a price of $16.00 because I couldn't find my L'Oreal Natrualle Concealer and I decided it was time to trade up anyway. I inadvertently found the L'Oreal stuff the next day. I smeared a bit of each on my hand and the medium shades for each line matched EXACTLY. I compared the product size, the Clinique was SLIGHTLY larger but certainly not double! I applied the Clinique product under my right eye and stippled as normal, and the L'Oreal under the left eye and stippled as normal and applied my makeup like I always do. At the end of the day, there was absolutely positively no difference between these two brands. I was so dissapointed, I thought for sure the Clinique would hold up longer/better or the L'Oreal would wear off, but not one difference! I did this for three days in a row, the only difference that I could see between these two products was the price. The Clinique stuff is going back to the counter....

on 11/29/2005 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

bought this in the honey color a tad to dark for my NC35 skin. I mainly use it to cover dark circles. The great thing it does not crease under the eyes the way other concealers do!Coverage is great and will repurchase.So far one of the best concealers out there and I have tried them all. Other than a slight problem with color this is a near perfect concealer.

on 11/2/2005 1:06:00 PM

My mam has this and im always robbing it,blends very well,perfect colour match and realy smoothes out wrinkles.Nice packaging too. over all very good

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Personally, I think this is one of the best concealers I've tried. (but I haven't tried some of the more famous ones like LM or Dior). It was only $13.50 I believe and covers VERY well. Stays put, too. Helps with the little fine lines around my eyes. :) Will probably repurchase.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

okay-i have been using cle de peau for 2 years now, not even attempting to try others. I saw another MUA'ers tutorial and she used this concealer and raved about it. so i thought i would give it a try. Well I am really pleased with the coverage on the under eye darkness. Not only does it cover better, it stays on without reapplying all day. Its not cakey or dry and blends very well. Considering it is almost $50.00 cheaper than the cle de peau-I will certainly repurchase. my HG concealer. I got the moderately fair shade. perfecto

on 6/27/2005 3:01:00 AM

i have this in medium, and it is a good match for my NC40, asian skintone. i love the applicator brush; it lets me dab on a bit and then i blend with my fingertip. this is wonderful when covering redness and slight blemishes, but doesnt do too much to cover my undereye circles, which arent that noticeable to begin with. i probably wont repurchase again, not because its a bad concealer, but because im still on the hunt for the perfect one.

on 5/23/2005 4:58:00 PM

A very nice concealer. I asked for a touch more coverage than the Automatic Concealer, and they gave me this. I was shocked, because I do not have lines, but they told me that you don't have to have lines to use the product (the name just means it doesn't crease). It covers imperfections well, and the name is ture, it doesn't budge. I am an NC30-35 and I got paired with 09 Medium Honey, which is a tad bit too dark, but not noticablly and it has severe yellow under tones, which is good for me. The smell is a bit weird, but it doesn't lingerand I know Clinique won't clog my pores.

on 5/19/2005 5:03:00 PM

This is my second tube of this product.

While I don't subscribe to the "line smoothing" claims, I happen to really like the formula and the range of shades. It also does not get all "cake-y" on me.

I have bought the newer Airbrush concealer, it's okay too, but for my complexion (MAC NC20) the shades in LS are better suited.

on 5/1/2005 10:51:00 PM

I like this concealer. It gives pretty good coverage. It doesn't crease. I am on my second tube of this and will probably purchase it again.

on 2/21/2005 5:35:00 PM

I like the consistency. It was smooth and glides on nicely, but the the coverage is too light.