Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

3.5

on 4/18/2006 2:23:00 PM

This is the only concealer Ive used on my eyes for years. I find that its smooth to apply and reflects light off of the eyes.. I find that I do need a touchup after some hours.. but it doesnt settle in the creases which is very important, and the price is good too.

I stuck with this for a long time--probably because I didn't have any lines to demonstrate whether it effectively smoothed them, and because Clinique was the brand I used in college to bridge into the department store. I don't know if the formula changed or if my new environment is really dry, but it now appears scaly under my eyes, and no longer covers blemishes. Maybe my scars are worse now that I'm in my mid-20s, and it's not pigmented enough? Plus, I've learned that other lines offer more than 3 shades!

on 1/3/2006 1:14:00 AM

i didnt' like this at first...too cakey...then i tried some different concealors and after perfecting the concealor application technique, i find that this is not so bad afterall. you really need to prep the eye area well before you apply concealor. it helps with the application a lot (all about eyes was good). i swipe some on my index finger, and rub it together with my left index finger then dab, dab, dab and ta-dah! dark circles are temporarily diminished. though it seems to work quite well, i will not repurchase as im sure there MUST be something better out there. the colour match was not perfect with this (im asian...clinique always seems to be very 'pinky')

on 12/26/2005 3:00:00 AM

I cannot believe I am going to post a bad review about Clinique, I LOVE Clinique. However, I purchased the Line Smoothing Concealer at a price of $16.00 because I couldn't find my L'Oreal Natrualle Concealer and I decided it was time to trade up anyway. I inadvertently found the L'Oreal stuff the next day. I smeared a bit of each on my hand and the medium shades for each line matched EXACTLY. I compared the product size, the Clinique was SLIGHTLY larger but certainly not double! I applied the Clinique product under my right eye and stippled as normal, and the L'Oreal under the left eye and stippled as normal and applied my makeup like I always do. At the end of the day, there was absolutely positively no difference between these two brands. I was so dissapointed, I thought for sure the Clinique would hold up longer/better or the L'Oreal would wear off, but not one difference! I did this for three days in a row, the only difference that I could see between these two products was the price. The Clinique stuff is going back to the counter....

on 11/29/2005 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

bought this in the honey color a tad to dark for my NC35 skin. I mainly use it to cover dark circles. The great thing it does not crease under the eyes the way other concealers do!Coverage is great and will repurchase.So far one of the best concealers out there and I have tried them all. Other than a slight problem with color this is a near perfect concealer.

on 11/2/2005 1:06:00 PM

My mam has this and im always robbing it,blends very well,perfect colour match and realy smoothes out wrinkles.Nice packaging too. over all very good

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Personally, I think this is one of the best concealers I've tried. (but I haven't tried some of the more famous ones like LM or Dior). It was only $13.50 I believe and covers VERY well. Stays put, too. Helps with the little fine lines around my eyes. :) Will probably repurchase.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

okay-i have been using cle de peau for 2 years now, not even attempting to try others. I saw another MUA'ers tutorial and she used this concealer and raved about it. so i thought i would give it a try. Well I am really pleased with the coverage on the under eye darkness. Not only does it cover better, it stays on without reapplying all day. Its not cakey or dry and blends very well. Considering it is almost $50.00 cheaper than the cle de peau-I will certainly repurchase. my HG concealer. I got the moderately fair shade. perfecto

on 6/27/2005 3:01:00 AM

i have this in medium, and it is a good match for my NC40, asian skintone. i love the applicator brush; it lets me dab on a bit and then i blend with my fingertip. this is wonderful when covering redness and slight blemishes, but doesnt do too much to cover my undereye circles, which arent that noticeable to begin with. i probably wont repurchase again, not because its a bad concealer, but because im still on the hunt for the perfect one.

on 5/23/2005 4:58:00 PM

A very nice concealer. I asked for a touch more coverage than the Automatic Concealer, and they gave me this. I was shocked, because I do not have lines, but they told me that you don't have to have lines to use the product (the name just means it doesn't crease). It covers imperfections well, and the name is ture, it doesn't budge. I am an NC30-35 and I got paired with 09 Medium Honey, which is a tad bit too dark, but not noticablly and it has severe yellow under tones, which is good for me. The smell is a bit weird, but it doesn't lingerand I know Clinique won't clog my pores.