October 23, 2014 | 1525 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up yesterday in Walgreens. I wear the Creamy Natural. Yes, it's the same format as the AquaSmooth, but with the Olay skin care technology added to target the signs of aging. This is said to be effective on wrinkles after three weeks of use, and desinged to work in three phases. The first phase,is when the foundation is delivered to the skin. During the wakening phase, the next phase, the water droplets within the foundation break down and are applied to the skin. The final phase, the energizing phase, is when VitaNiacin is delivered to the skin. I paid 10.99 for this, so it was not on sale. I guess I will wait the 3 weeks to see if this does anything it claims, but for now, it goes on smoothly, gives good coverage, and..do I actually feel a bit of firming going on??? It does leave your skin soft and smooth. (Information taken from Women's Wear Daily).

I'm not looking for a miracle here and probably won't get it, but by combining cosmetics and skin care, CoverGirl is in the forefront. And I've read that color cosmetics are not far behind in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Christie Brinkley is back with CoverGirl! Her picture is on the display that holds this new makeup. It's the same formula type as the AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation, same creaminess-smoothness and compact only with no SPF. The box it came in says "contains exclusive Olay Vita-Niacin complex" Advanced skincare w/ age-defying coverage. I bought it in classic ivory (as I do with most CG products--I'm a MAC NC15/20) and I really like it. As I said before it's like the AquaSmooth so if you liked that one you'll probably be pleased with this one too. I am. The compact is silver with a multicolor swish line(?) on the front. Nice!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No