Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, sweet almond oil, sweet almond seed meal, oat kernel flour, orange peel powder, rose flower oil, pecan shell powder, grapefruit seed extract, nutmeg fruit powder, clove flower powder, orange peel oil, tocopherol, rosemary extract, fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this scrub! It makes my face so smooth and soft and dewey. To those of you who think it's too harsh, mix less scrub with more water. This is waaaay better than St.Ives Apricot Scrub.

on 6/3/2006 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

it has this smell that makes me rack my brain trying to rem. what /where i was when i smelled it, and i can NEVER figure it out. its a country/fruity/kind of baked good smell lol- but other then that i like it.
i got a small jar in the trial pack, and just used it actually.. i needed something to really get at my face, i used about 1/2 the very small jar so about a teaspoon. i massaged for a while- i did notice that some of my blackheads were gone, but i have alot so its nothing new that a few go away- but the rest did look smaller... its not a mircale, but damn does it make you skin feel REALLLLY smooth

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have gone through about 3 or 4 jars of this stuff and I really love it! Its great! Just add a little bit of water and spread it on your face. I used it every night and then used Cetaphil to cleanse. My skin looked really great. (You probably think every night is too much, but i have super oily-acne prone-teenage skin.) So the other day, for some reason, I decided to get Clean and Clear's Oxygenating scrub. What a bunch of crap. Immediately I started getting black heads and whiteheads on my chin. My forehead looked like Braille. And considering thats the only thing I changed, i know that scrub is the culprit. I need more Burt's Bees! I dont know why I ever chanded when my routine was working so well!!!!

on 5/22/2006 6:19:00 PM

The smell is good, but the texture is not. Gross little boogery knobs in it remind me of the squishy Fig Newton filling. I've tried this in many consistancies, and none were to my liking. It always left my face feeling coated and unclean. I have the mindset that Burt's Bees products are so great, but in reality, I'm most fond of their lip and hand balms, not any of their face products.

on 5/22/2006 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a really effective scrub. it has the potential to be harsh if you don't use enough water in the mix. i take out a little glob, put it in the palm of my hand and mix some water in with it then apply it to my face. i gently, and i say gently message it b/c the scrub is pretty chunky...so it will hurt otherwise. i spread it around my entire face then rinse. my skin is soft and glowy. plus the smell of citrus and nutmeg is really nice imo....smells very pure and natural, nothing chemical in here!

on 5/6/2006 11:02:00 PM

My sister and I were like "what the HECK?" when we used this stuff. It is super gritty and it hurt both our faces!

on 4/22/2006 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like my apricot scrub much more to be honest. I really like the smell of this product but I wasn't crazy about the consistancy and it didn't seem to exfoliate that well.

on 4/16/2006 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love it! It my favoriate scrub hands down. I use to think that nothing is going to be better than st.ives but this is! It cleanses my skin and makes it feel so dewy! I just dont like the packaging but I guess its something to do with perserving its natural ingredients.

Great stuff, simple ingredients. Smells like citrus and nutmeg, very comforting.

on 3/11/2006 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I liked the scent, but the large granules clogged my sink. I wasn't crazy about dipping my fingers into the jar. I went back to St. Ives apricot scrub.